Hitting in Miami

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 9, 2016

That was a pretty epic headline I posted yesterday morning, eh?

I went back and looked up that 7 for 7 that Rennie Stennett dropped on the Cubs back in ’75. He led off, his team destroyed the Cubs 22-0. Not a good start for our former main man Rick Reuschel. The Giants beat the Braves that day, 7-6. Von Joshua led off but he only had 3 measly hits…….

In my opinion, Crawford’s Seven should go down as more legendary. Sure, Stennett did it in only 9 innings. But when you win 22-0 you are swinging free and easy. Every at bat Crawford took was pressure packed and nearly every time he came through with a hit. Plus, he played 14 innings and had to be tired as fuck. Yet still, he kept hitting. It was a historic, legendary performance. I’ll remember that game my whole life.

As you know, the Giants ended up signing Stennett to a deal that went down in infamy. He was making $450K a year, lol. Not even half a mil a year had everyone up in arms. How times have changed. Me thinks Rennie lika’d da coka. To say he didn’t perform on the field would be an understatement. He only played two years and disappeared after the ’81 season never to play again.

I’m not sure what that win will do for the season. Maybe they’ll get no bounce at all and this season will continue to spiral. But I do know what a loss would have done had we ended up losing after that great comeback. That would have devastated the season, no matter how the players would try to spin it afterwards…..

Thank God we won that game, lol.

1. pawliekokonuts said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:50 am

Great post. I’m tired. But it was worth staying up for. Confession: after we tied it at 5, around the time I started watching (I’d been out at a meeting I had to attend), I turned it off when we choked up the lead again. Then I started getting texts. I can’t even remember, but I started watching at 7-7 at some point before extras.

Epic.

Crawford was so utterly calm and assured and humble in the post-game with K&K.

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:52 am

I was lucky enough to make it from start to finish. I started giving up after they blew their billionth chance to go ahead, but I kept watching. The Filipino Olympic video was my savior. It was my cup of water as I crawled through the Mojave desert. Still can’t believe they won. I had trouble sleeping all night I was so jazzed.

2. Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:56 am

oh what the hell, let’s experience the glory one more time! Read the tag line, believe it, and then watch hilarity unfold. Oh! and all the high fives and delayed applause. And on the first dive, the coach gets splashed with water and he’s wiping it off his face, lol

3. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:07 am

Shit, the best part is them laughing in the kiddie pool. “We bad! We bad!”

4. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:09 am

Yeah, after the 15th blown shot in extras, the urge to pull the plug on the game was strong.

5. Macdog said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:20 am

That’s probably what Pence would look like if he was a diver.

6. sandog said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:32 am

I had to go out and run some errands after the Giants tied it at 5. Didn’t make it home until the game had just ended. It was great reading all of the posts before nodding off for the night. What a game and performance by Craw.
    I was thinking of Stennett the other day while defending my man Span. Now, if you want to talk about a free agent who laid an absolute egg after signing a nice deal? Rennie Stennett always comes to mind for me. I can remember listening to SportsPhone68 with Ken Dito and Stennett would just get RIPPED by Giants fans. To his credit, Stennett actually came on with Dito once and they took calls from fans. I remember my buddy and I laughing our asses off while Rennie got into it with fans on the air. And remember, we’re talking hardcore Candlestick-era fans.
    I have such a clean perfect game going on the Olympics that I can’t watch the Filipino diver bit. You’re really tempting me though putting the link up there AGAIN.

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:34 am

just do it. I’ll give you a mulligan.

• sandog said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:47 am

Alright, I did it. Gotta say, pretty damn entertaining. Kind of bummed though about my perfect game.

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:42 am

he was only 30 when he hung ’em up

• sandog said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:51 am

Do you remember Ken Dito on the radio for KNBR? Possibly a little before your time. Some of you other old time bay area guys must remember him. I used to find him pretty entertaining on the air. He would really rip people who called him from time to time. I remember one time a guy saying we should trade Jim Barr for Jim Rice straight up and he just went off on the guy.

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:53 am

i remember the name but I didn’t really listen to KNBR back then unless it was the game. Nice job on breaking down. It’s just a twitter clip, I feel like your streak is still in tact.

• willedav said, on August 9, 2016 at 9:00 am

Dito was flat awful, but yeah in an entertaining way. Seemed like forerunner of one of those know it all saber guys. Remember this was not good time to be Giants fan til Craig and Rosen.
        KNBR used to do a post game show with Brenly, but just too many bad losses. “Uh that pitch to Pedro Guerrero…”

• sfsarge said, on August 9, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Watching the Filipino diver bit is cool, because it’s not from the Olympics, it’s from some diVing competition in Asia last year.

7. willedav said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:56 am

Hella W, but…9 innings of pen work mean some guys are going to be burnt. 2 innings 20 plus pitches each from Strick (who Miller said threw best sliders of year) Casilla and Kontos.. Be nice if Moore can stay out there a while til Samrdz gets the ball Wed AM getaway day. Gotta get more out of Cueto than that.

All the 8 regulars played entire game, so figure bench guys–Gillaspie Adrianza Brown Blanco–get major run next couple days.

I called out middle order–Craw had 7 of their 11 total hits. Belt and Pence 1 hit each/8 Ks.
    2 more caught stealing, Adrianza and Pagan, ugh. Giants just can’t play that type of game.

Nobody will be as burnt as that McGowan guy tho. With all the IBBs he wound up throwing 62 pitches in 3 and 2 thirds. Mattingly sure does some funny shit.

8. chipower9 said, on August 9, 2016 at 9:12 am

Great post to follow a monumental win, Flav. I signed-off from the Flap shortly after the win, watched a bit of Olympics and tried to unwind. Man was I buzzed after that win.

Outside of about 20 minutes while I was in transit from the brewery to the store to home, I caught the entire thing, and of course, during that 20 minutes or so is when they rallied to tie it at 5.

This will definitely be one of those games that is permanently imprinted on my brain (much like the game in which Brian Johnson hit the walk-off against the bambinos back in 1997 — I was at that game).

9. gianthead said, on August 9, 2016 at 9:12 am

In today’s dollars that was about $2.25 mill contract…that can buy a lot of dope. But how much did we give him. If smart, maybe he retired quietly and had enough dough. Last night’s win was an epic to stay in first place alone.

Here is my preferred lineup for the day against a rightie…

1) Pagan – RF
    2) Nunez – LF
    3) Crawmama – SS (I suggested last week he should hit third)
    4) Posey – C
    5) Belt – 1b
    6) Gillaspie – 3b
    7) Panik – 2b
    8) Moore – P
    9) Span – CF

• willedav said, on August 9, 2016 at 9:28 am

Span had 3 hits last night, equal to the total of Nunez and Pagan in 13 ABs. Nunez with the IF arm good enough to play 3b and SS probably a better fit than Pagan for RF. Creative tho.
      Pence does look lost at the plate. Usually bochy will let a reg guy stay in there. Everyone except Gillaspie played all 14, so somebody is gonna need some rest.

• gianthead said, on August 9, 2016 at 9:37 am

Why I like Span as a second leadoff…

• willedav said, on August 9, 2016 at 9:44 am

sure but fewer ABs at bottom of order, which I imagine is everyone’s real intent for Span. All I’m saying is he was on just as often as other 2 combined.

10. Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 9:16 am

Barry Zito’s high hit total for a season was in 2007. He had 7 hits. In 62 at bats.

11. gianthead said, on August 9, 2016 at 9:21 am

Did the Filipino Diving Team jump off the wrong diving board or what???

They are going to go down in history with the Jamaican Bobsleders…

• gianthead said, on August 9, 2016 at 9:21 am

Flav, does your posting break your anti-Olympic streak??? We may need a ruling…

12. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 9:29 am

That isn’t the Olympics, BTW. It’s the 2015 Singapore games or some shit.

IOW, a qualifying event . . . So you guys are safe from, uh, whatever.

Yeah, this starter thing of going 5 and giving up multiple bombs has got to stop. Cueto inexplicably did that yesterday after cruising through 4. Smarge is a rocket launcher enabler lately. Bummie has been fine, but even he has a few too many dinger off him.

• gianthead said, on August 9, 2016 at 9:37 am

Ahhh no ruling needed…still funny as hell…

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 9:44 am

yes! Sweet.

13. willedav said, on August 9, 2016 at 9:40 am

SanDawg, only way anyone beats USA in b-ball is by slowing game down and popping bunch of 3s. Forget trying to run with them and turnovers better be pretty low because it means a slam at other end.
    We rag on guys like Curry for not being good defensively, but they are going against best in world on nightly basis. You put together an all star team like this and they can shut down lesser players.

Thompson isn’t doing jack, but the back up guards to he and Irving are J Butler K Lowry and deRozan.
    Plus Paul George Durant Melo DeAndre Jordan and DMC to defend the rim and score. Draymond and Barnes mostly non factor with this amount of talent.

I could break the streak of non watch to see them play Aussies with Bogut and Delly that could be interesting. More physical play allowed for them the better.

• willedav said, on August 9, 2016 at 9:54 am

Plus these guys have killer mentality. The other countries have maybe 2-3 NBA guys but after that it’s a big dropoff in talent. And you know in pick up games, you spot someone you can take advantage of and you go right after them. I think that’s where these guys are, too many good players that will shut down other team til someone gets hot. Durant is killing right now, no surprise.

14. Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 9:50 am

dipping my toe back into FD today (only for today) just cause the $5 tourney with 40K to first looks good. Got 5 teams. Got Matt Moore going. I know that sounds like a dumb homer pick but he’ll get his K’s and YOU KNOW he’s gonna get some run with the bullpen torn and tattered. As long as he doesn’t blow up, maybe they’ll let him go 120 pitches? He’s regularly gone over 100 this year (which is actually a little surprising given that he’s coming off TJ).
    I’ve also got 3 entries in the Slugfest at DK— but my interest in DK today is low. Too many pitching options always leaves me fucking up my teams over there.

• pawliekokonuts said, on August 9, 2016 at 11:45 am

NY State is gonna make it all legal. They had to. Too much money to ignore.

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 11:54 am

gov already signed the bill. Several states have done this. As I said they would do when all this went down a year ago. Never a single interruption in CA

15. zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 11:55 am

I think about the only time I ever got into the later evening KNBR show was when Fitzgerald was doing it a while back. It seemed similar to how Lurie does his show. He keeps things going smoothly and pleasantly, even if the caller is off his rocker. I don’t like the Fitzgerald show with Brooks during the day. It just ends up being a lot of meaningless banter, as they try to be humorous. I don’t think humor is a Fitzgerald strength. I really liked Rick Barry’s short-lived show during the day. Barry was real interesting, and interacted pretty well with the callers. But, in typical Barry fashion, he burned some bridges along the way and was sent on his way.

• zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 11:57 am

Oh, how could I forget Ferrell? I liked the Ferrell show. I found it very entertaining. He’s still around on some syndicated show somewhere. I stumble across his show once in a while if I happen to be changing radio stations to try to catch a game on another channel.

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 12:08 pm

Fitz is an elitist dick. Can’t stand him at any hour of the day.

• chipower9 said, on August 9, 2016 at 12:16 pm

Yep…dug the Ferrell show. And like you I run into him sometimes on late night radio…

16. Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 12:03 pm

When I said Pablo was too fat to sustain his production and that he should lose weight I used to get feedback of “look at Prince Fielder, he’s fat and he’s dominating.” Well, both those fat guys are done now. At least, Prince is and I think Pablo will be right behind him.

17. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 12:09 pm

Scott Ferrell? Gravelly voiced dude? Yeah, he was pretty funny. Haven’t heard from him in a while.

18. Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 12:10 pm

Prince still gets all his money, btw. I think another 100 mil is owed. Doctors won’t clear him to play so it’s technically not a retirement.

• unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Are Detroit and Milwaukee still paying him?

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 12:16 pm

pretty sure Detroit is paying a load of it, Milw none of it and Texas whatever the rest is.

19. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 12:10 pm

Yeah, the Australia game should be fun to watch. Apparently Bogut dropped 18 points on some hapless team the other day. If he had done that a couple months ago . . . He and Delly will be in attack mode.

20. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 12:12 pm

Barry reminded me a bit of Joe Morgan. Barry was better though. He wasn’t as arrogant as Morgan. Listening to Morgan, you got a sense that he never made an error or struck out in his entire career. He got better as tiime wore on, but still he was way too full of himself.

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 12:15 pm

watching Barry grab the mike at that Warrior game a couple of years ago trying to calm down the crowd was one of the funniest fucking things I saw that year.

• zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 12:17 pm

And he turned out to be right! He told the crowd to be patient and trust that the new ownership knew what they were doing. The fans were booing the new owner that night, I think.

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 12:19 pm

yes. It was after Monta got traded.

21. Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 12:18 pm

my buddy Chris is in Miami with his family, they are going to be right next to the Giants dugout tonight, first row. He’s the dude who took his son to the game in 2010 where Ross tossed his son a ball. Hope I see a tv shot of him.

22. chipower9 said, on August 9, 2016 at 12:19 pm

Per CSNBA: “San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy was released from a Miami hospital after spending the night there with an undisclosed illness, and the plan was for him to manage against the Miami Marlins on Tuesday night.”

“That’s the plan now,” athletic trainer Dave Groeschner said in a text message to The Associated Press. “He is good. He is out.”

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 12:21 pm

great news.

• unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 1:00 pm

“While he was here, we removed his spleen and kidneys for no particular reason.”

23. chipower9 said, on August 9, 2016 at 1:52 pm

1. Denard Span (L) CF
    2. Angel Pagan (S) LF
    3. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    4. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    5. Conor Gillaspie (L) 3B
    6. Hunter Pence (R) RF
    7. Joe Panik (L) 2B
    8. Trevor Brown (R) C
    9. Matt Moore (L) P

Graybeard in the leadoff spot, again…

24. blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Tom Koehler has been pitching really well in his last 3 starts. Consequently, the Giants are trying to take advantage of a lefty platoon emphasis. Good strategy IMO.

• blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Also, fairly obvious that Buster was pretty much beat up after last night’s game, so understandable that he gets to rest. Nunez being a free swinger – sits as well.

25. Macdog said, on August 9, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Re Prince Fielder: I heard this on the radio today and just now looked it up: He and his father Cecil both have 319 career home runs. How crazy is that?

26. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 2:37 pm

Saw that on someones’s twitter feed. Unreal.

Gillaspie to face the rightie. Funny thing is, you look up Gillaspie and he’s smiling in his pic.

The only time he smiled?

• zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 3:03 pm

But his smile looks kind of sad, like he’s trying to keep his dauber up in a sad circumstance.

• unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Right. His eyes aren’t smiling . . .

27. wilcojoe said, on August 9, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Yeah Connor definetly has a bad case of “resting bitch face.”

28. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 3:07 pm

Hmmmm. What could go wrong here? Unclear on the concept?

• Macdog said, on August 9, 2016 at 3:15 pm

And that was after a loss.

29. blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2016 at 3:16 pm

Definition of “cruel and unusual punishment.”

Mike Leake (8-9) was crushed for seven runs on eight hits and one walk while striking out two in last Thursday’s loss to the Reds. Fast forward today, guess who’s his opponent tonight? Yep, the Reds.

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 3:30 pm

after the Reds chucked a 5-0 9th inning lead last night, my guess is they come out flat as fuck and Leake pitches ok. I’d never use him cause of not enough k’s but I only have one Red going today (Billy H) and that’s only on 2 of my 12 total teams

• blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2016 at 3:42 pm

In fairness to Leake, I’m going with Chad Kuhl (who?) married with Greinke at DK. So, that can easily blow up in my face tonight.

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 4:03 pm

ballsy. Grienke hasn’t pitched since June

• wilcojoe said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:22 pm

I went contrarian again and took a Mets stack against Greinke, the bomb by Walker helped. Would like some more scoring like my Giants stack last night.

30. Dennis Zucchino said, on August 9, 2016 at 3:17 pm

Went to a surprise 90th birthday party Saturday afternoon for my aunt thrown by my cousin..
    from Virginia…Knew there would be some smack down Nationals talk from him and his 6 sons!
    And I was right on…. For 2 hrs, unrelenting babble. But when they would come up for air…I’d leave them with a reminder of the 2014 playoffs… Selective memory and cleaning the slate was their approach.

The clock is ticking, IMO the Bums had their chance slip away. I think the Nationals might have seen some of the Giants chemistry percolating and if they and the Bums caught some of the Marlins game last night, they might be feeling a little more uneasy.
    If Shakespeare were alive today and seen the last 4 Giants games, he might have to declare,
    ‘the worm has turned’.

Time for a shot and a salute.

Never doubt Giants destiny.

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 3:28 pm

maybe i’m just a dope but what are you saluting after the shot? the Flag?

• Dennis Zucchino said, on August 10, 2016 at 10:43 am

Down the shot and then salute the Giants flag on my porch…. Sorry couldn’t get back earlier.. A bunch of softball games and more pulled muscles took my attention away Flav.

• gianthead said, on August 9, 2016 at 4:50 pm

That is like all the Nats fans we know here Dennis…they thought they were going to roll all over us in 2014…

• chipower9 said, on August 10, 2016 at 7:17 am

Great post, Dennis.

31. Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 3:28 pm

I was curious what my buddy paid for those seats tonight— 4 seats first row right next to dugout. He spent $200 a piece and thinks he coulda gotten ’em for $150 each if he’d waited till today.

32. Lurker John said, on August 9, 2016 at 4:48 pm

Moore has a live arm, but these new guys need to start coming up with the goods. The lineup without Posey is just that much weaker. Giving up 2 runs in the first isn’t helping anything.

• blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Just my take, but I think Moore is delivering “the goods,” e.g., he won his 1st game against the Phillies 3-2 (7 SOs in 6 innings, albeit, he had 6 walks); and, this game after the 1st inning hiccup, is doing well.

I didn’t like losing Duffy, but fair is fair – Moore is doing well.

• Lurker John said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:18 pm

Let’s just say that when your big run producer is getting the day off after a grinder of a game, giving up 2 first inning runs is not the way to go. And since the Giants have 2 hits and no runs through 6, with Moore on the hook for the loss, he is not doing well enough in this game. He put his team behind the 8 ball right out of the gate. I said he has a live arm. That’s a complement. But all of these guys are going to have to be better to get this turned around. The 3 new guys have not contributed significantly to the team getting back on a winning track. That’s why they were brought in.

• chipower9 said, on August 10, 2016 at 7:19 am

Moore was a bit wild in that start (first start with the new club, I would expect some of that), but to his defense, the strike zone was miniscule that night.

• chipower9 said, on August 10, 2016 at 7:21 am

I am leaning with Steve on this one. Moore is NOT the problem. Two runs in any inning, if that is all he gives up, is not the problem. The offense needs to score some fucking runs. Nunez was not brought in to be a big run producer, either. He is a guy with speed who can play multiple positions. We have the guys who have been around for a while who are the run producers (Posey, Pence, Belt, Craw, etc.).

33. zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Nate currently has Hillary at an 87% chance of victory. She’s ahead in a recent poll in Georgia, of all places. Trump’s campaign seems like a total mess. But he assures us he’s a genius at running things.

• chipower9 said, on August 10, 2016 at 7:23 am

Sure he is. I believe a lot of his “being a genius at running things” is why he has filed for bankruptcy 147 times. Fucking dickwad. I really try not to use the H word but I truly hate that motherfucker. I would like nothing more than to kick him as hard as I can right in the nuts. And when he bends over, put a knee in that smirky face of his.

34. Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Span having another hell of a productive game……

35. zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 5:52 pm

The problem for Span, with Giants fans, is that, as a free agent signing, he was over-hyped by the team’s brass, which is what typically happens with any team. And sometimes leads to big disappointment.

36. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 5:58 pm

Turning point? Come on. What’s with all the walks for Moore?

37. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Overhyped or not Z-Span needs to at least produce like a middling outfielder.

• zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:11 pm

He’s at 450 plate appearances. This is looking like this is who he is now.

• chipower9 said, on August 10, 2016 at 7:24 am

And it does not look good. This (sighing Span) is probably going to end up as a swing and miss by Sabevans.

38. Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:01 pm

Moore hasn’t been the problem. yes, too many walks but that’s what you get from this ump. No runs on our part is the key issue.

• unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:09 pm

11 walks in 11 innings? He ain’t giving up runs but he’s already over 100 pitches in 5. Hey, If he gets through this innng, he’s better than Cain, Peavy, and Smarge, but still that is going to bite him in the ass at some point.

• chipower9 said, on August 10, 2016 at 7:25 am

Agree. I said the same thing above.

39. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Wow. Crawfish continues the stellar D.

40. gianthead said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:05 pm

Cmon Giants…I’m falling asleep after last night’s game…they seem asleep…

41. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:10 pm

Weak inning there boys. Jesus.

42. zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:15 pm

Will Smith caused the extra innings last night, which has an influence on tonight’s game. He’s the gift that keeps giving.

43. Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:17 pm

Besides Bumgarner, a start like Moore’s tonight has been extremely hard to come by. He’s our #2 until further notice.

44. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:18 pm

Well, no runs, no win. Can’t really blame that on Smith. Koehler is fucking 8-8. A middle of the road guy.

45. Lurker John said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Well, if they can get into that pen again, all they need is the 2 runs.

46. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:22 pm

Pence s a fucking liability. Please pull this guy, Donnie.

47. zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:24 pm

Speaking of Marlins, this is kind of bizarre.

48. Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:25 pm

The lame hitting done by both teams tonight isn’t a surprise. They’re dead tired.

49. zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Let’s see if Peavy’s relief outing is better than the other ones. (The other ones mostly sucked.)

50. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Oh God no.

51. Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:28 pm

I think the idea of Peavy pitching on back to back nights is a horrible one

52. zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:30 pm

I disagree with Krukow that this was a “pitcher’s duel.” If one of the pitchers gives up 2 runs in the first inning, and the score stays 2-0 for 6 innings, that’s not a pitcher’s duel. That’s just baloney from Krukow.

• zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:31 pm

It’s just a 2-0 game, that’s all.

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:33 pm

agreed. It hasn’t been a duel, the Marlins pitcher has had the upper hand the entire game

53. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:32 pm

My son said Peavy looks lie Darrell from Walking Dead.

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:33 pm

that’s funny. We call my buddy’s son “Darrell” because he looks like that dude.

• zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:35 pm

I’ve never seen that show, but I thought the “this is my brother Darrell and my other brother Darrell” was pretty funny on the Newhart Show, which I only saw a few times.

• Macdog said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:57 pm

If I can ever find the post, my daughter made that same observation last year.

• Macdog said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Ah, here we go:

Macdog said, on August 9, 2015 at 12:04 pm
      My daughter says Peavy looks like one of the characters from Walking Dead, which seems apropos.

54. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:34 pm

Or a zombie. Jesus. This is about to get ugly.

55. alleykat69 said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:37 pm

That was not a Panik moment!
    That was a run saving play by Joe..

56. zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:38 pm

It seems like it’s become a 33% chance that Lopez walks the first batter he sees, but maybe it just seems that way.

57. zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:43 pm

The Giants need to wake up and get their eyes wide open!

58. Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:46 pm

Span almost got a ball out of the infield there, damn

59. blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Man, everyone hurry and post stuff. That chick is freakin’ me out.

• alleykat69 said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:51 pm

We have a lead off hitter in Span that Naps to much…ok kinda corny but Span spelled backwards is Naps..

• alleykat69 said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:55 pm

Yeah your right Blade, she’s freaking me out as well, a real eye opener👀

60. alleykat69 said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:52 pm

Crawford’s going yard!!!

• alleykat69 said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:53 pm

Are not…

• blade3colorado said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:55 pm

You saved me from having brain damage . . . That broad zum posted is finally out of my browser. TY

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:56 pm

lol, yeah there is something weird about that gif. Not his best. It’s not me to question the gif-lord but I didn’t like that one

61. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 6:57 pm

Wtf? She got a shocker under the desk?

Denard spelled backwards is drained. Almost

62. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:04 pm

So wtf happened in the first? Farm in the radio referred to some shitty defense.

• zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:07 pm

Pagan’s D could have been better on the Stanton double.

63. zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:04 pm

How about a wacky amazing rally right now?

64. zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Pence is awful lately.

65. Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:10 pm

lame-o game-o

66. zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:11 pm

Blerp.

67. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:12 pm

Fuck. Pence should never see a strike.

• xoot said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:15 pm

apparently he’s not seeing any pitches at all

68. zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:13 pm

If and when the Dodgers catch and pass the Giants, “Dodger Nation” fans will be all up and on that bandwagon, flying their freak flag.

• xoot said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:15 pm

many of them will fade out when USC football kicks in

• alleykat69 said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:36 pm

You know Rooster is about to come out of hibernation soon Zumie..

• chipower9 said, on August 10, 2016 at 7:28 am

Cannot wait to kick both him and Trump in the family jewels…

69. zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:17 pm

I hate just handing over a division as a gift. I hope the Giants fight hard for it for the next couple of months.

70. zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:20 pm

Pence needs to take walks if they’re only going to throw him garbage. Trust his teammates. Stop trying to be such a hero.

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:35 pm

he could use a lil’ Belt in him, that’s for sure.

71. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 9, 2016 at 7:57 pm

“The Galaxy is on Orion’s b … b… b… Belt….” ….

72. snarkk said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:04 pm

I take it the Gmen didn’t hit much in this game…

• unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:20 pm

That’s an overstatement. I think we got 2 runners to 2nd base.

73. zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:13 pm

Yeah, Kat, the Rooster is arriving in 3, 2, 1…..

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:26 pm

I don’t think he’s got it in him. He knows we can throw the 25 year thing in his face and he’d have no response.

• Macdog said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:32 pm

28.

74. djloo27 said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:39 pm

It’s too soon for my buddy, Cock-A-Doodle-Douche.
    He’ll wait til the Dodgers are at least 3-4 games up on us…

• chipower9 said, on August 10, 2016 at 7:29 am

What’s up Loo? Too bad we’re 3,000 miles apart…would love to meet up for a beer, or three. Fuck, after another hot mess like last night, I would need more than three. I may need a few shots, too!

75. mrsprtdude said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:45 pm

Man this team is hard to watch. Painful. One good game a week

76. mrsprtdude said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:48 pm

After tomorrow Gmen will have played 8 series in the 2nd half. Lets hope we win to get to 1-7 vs 0-8…

• zumiee said, on August 9, 2016 at 8:57 pm

A reminder of how they’re just giving the division title away this season, it appears.

77. unca_chuck said, on August 9, 2016 at 10:50 pm

Fuck. No longer alone in first. Hope the Giants wake the fuck up some time soon.

78. snarkk said, on August 9, 2016 at 11:12 pm

How is it possible an entire squad craters at the plate like this for going on nearly a month? Is there something rotten in the clubhouse? Why did Bochy go to the hospital — is something going on with this squad we don’t know about?…

• chipower9 said, on August 10, 2016 at 7:30 am

Irregular heart beat is the word, but I think he just cannot stomach much more of this BS.

79. chipower9 said, on August 10, 2016 at 7:31 am

I have been telling you all since this slide started that this team needs some adversity. Well, I think we have it in spades right now. Enough is enough. Time to get back to playing some clean winning baseball.