Struggling For Motivation

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 13, 2016

Last night was the first game in a while where I had the time to watch the entire game and I only made it through about half the game. Boring. Lifeless. I can’t imagine how the fans felt and Kruk and Kuip must have been stretching their eyes across the park looking for *gamer babes* to trumpet.

I can’t watch Cain pitch anymore. That’s not the Matt Cain I knew.

I’m going into tonight with a + attitude but this LU just doesn’t jazz me up.

Span, Pagan, Belt, Posey, Crawford, Pence, Nunie, Panik. Of course, if any of those guys want to start hitting, maybe even turn it into a little competition between hitters, I am on board.

If we don’t win the NL West I am going to be as disappointed as I’ve ever been. Never has a division been so winnable.

1. snarkk said, on August 14, 2016 at 4:33 pm

Post game radio wrap — they didn’t even mention Casilla’s name…

• zumiee said, on August 14, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Good.
      He’s the Dodgers’ best friend. The Dodgers should send him some money.

2. Macdog said, on August 14, 2016 at 4:53 pm

NL West 0-5 today, almost as bad as Span.

• blade3colorado said, on August 14, 2016 at 6:07 pm

At least some good news today.

• blade3colorado said, on August 14, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Spandaman is Peter Parker again?

• Macdog said, on August 14, 2016 at 6:25 pm

It’s silly of course to blame one of the hitters in a game they scored 7 runs, this is all on the bullpen. But, just about every time the Giants had a big inning or a threat going, Span was there to kill it with his 0-for-6, right to the very end.

3. unca_chuck said, on August 14, 2016 at 5:05 pm

Gawd. Span has one good game a month. Casilla was looking to get back to form and lays a steaming pile. Listened on the radio and nearly drove off 17. 7-1 when I switched over. Switched back to the top of the 9th. Jesus Christ.

Dodgers are sucking hard and we can’t put them away.

• blade3colorado said, on August 14, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Yeah, on a normal day I can imagine someone driving off of Highway 17, especially the “blood alley” portion to or from Santa Cruz. Glad you lived to tell about it Unca.

4. blade3colorado said, on August 14, 2016 at 6:06 pm

Just got caught up with what happened via Facebook (Unca) and read the comments. I left when the score was 6-1 (early dinner with friends) and come back to this shit fest? Forget my 2:24 pm post . . . The nightmare continues . . .

5. willedav said, on August 14, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Strick getting rocked put them in that position: Law bailed him out with couple guys on but he gave up a run scoring hit too.
    Casilla had to challenge Trumbo and missed outside.
    Given the chance on a hanger Trumbo didn’t.
    O’s are aggressive team and like Krukow said, walking them not a good idea.

Yeah Pirates win again, but now they come up here.

6. zumiee said, on August 14, 2016 at 6:15 pm

The Giants have the Pirates and Mets next, and the Dodgers have the Phillies and the Reds. Hold onto your hats.

7. zumiee said, on August 14, 2016 at 6:23 pm

I saw an online boxscore that showed it as Casilla’s 6th blown save. This was a major flub by the front-office to just hand him the closer job this year. Father Time has crushed him and Lopez. I’ll be amazed if either one is in the major leagues next season.

8. djloo27 said, on August 14, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Vogelsong should be interesting tomorrow night.
    After the homestand the 3 in LA look like they’ll set up for Bum, Cueto and Moore….

9. mrsprtdude said, on August 14, 2016 at 9:09 pm

Shit Shit Shit

10. zumiee said, on August 14, 2016 at 9:29 pm

The bullpen guys had a few hiccups, but they felt good and they’re getting close.

11. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 14, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Yeah, Zum, I saw Bruce’s quote, a hiccup. Looked more like a complete and utter barf job to me…. 🙂 One thing I’ve really loved about this team for the past 6 or so years is the longevity of key relievers in the ‘pen, rather uncommon in baseball. Casilla, Romo, Lopez, they’ve been such an effective part of the ‘pen for a long time. Right, now they’re 6 years older. Lord knows, I’m not as effective (in some ways) as I was 6 years ago…. I just hope they can deliver for the rest of this season. Most likely all gone next year.

12. zumiee said, on August 15, 2016 at 12:44 am

Casilla’s body language after the pitch says it well: