Network Takeover

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 21, 2016

I hate espn. I hate their lame website. I hate Chris Berman and pretty much every announcer that does any of their games. I hate that they dictate. I hate the way they rule.

Why is this game on at 5:08pm? Why is it even on their station at all? Do they even have to ask or do they just tell the Giants to move the game to 5:08 and make room for their shitty announcers?

And it’s 3 hours worse on the east coast. I don’t know about you guys with kids, but we go to sleep pretty early on school nights. I’m a baller with a bed time, beatch. If I had a kid who was a huge Giants fan I’d have a hard time explaining why they couldn’t watch the entirety of the SUNDAY game.

And what about the people who bought tickets when the game was originally scheduled at 1pm? I don’t know when this game got changed but I’m pretty sure it was once scheduled at 1pm—until the dicks at espn took over.

There is absolutely no value at all to the team or the fans for this game to be on espn or for it to be moved to 5:08. There is plenty of exposure for the players already, this isn’t 1979. This is all just about espn. 100%.

And I think that’s total bullshit.

1. Tom Lawrence said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:30 am

Here’s 5.6 billion reasons: http://m.mlb.com/news/article/37476712//

2. unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 8:28 am

The mass exodus from cable/dish based services is happening.

The effects on the NFL and MLB won’t be felt for a few more years, but it’s coming. In 10 years there will a completely different landscape for advertisers, and for how content is accessed. Shit we may simply tap into remote cameras set up around stadiums.

3. Macdog said, on August 21, 2016 at 8:43 am

There’s a columnist for the NY Post who’s been railing for years about this for the exact reasons you cited — and you’re both absolutely right.

4. willedav said, on August 21, 2016 at 8:49 am

Not to mention 5 PM games on west coast during summer don’t help the hitters much.

5. willedav said, on August 21, 2016 at 9:11 am

Couple neat comments end of last thread from Flav and Unc.
    Jenkins mentioned that Wheeler won’t pitch til maybe next year; 2011 was the Beltran deal that sent him to NY.

Man so many bad things happened that year in btw 2010 and 2012. Huff with his new deal cratered, Glass played 60 games, Posey 45.
    Cody Ross hit .240, Andres hit .221, Burrell .230.
    This was also year of Brett Pill, O Cab, Keppinger, Bill Hall, de Rosa Tejada, Font, Gamer at .233, Prez…
    Giants had 2nd best team ERA in NL, and scored fewer runs than they gave up.

• alleykat69 said, on August 21, 2016 at 10:44 am

Not to suprising the collapse of 2011 Willied. Once Posey was done for the year the team folded up early.And the list of “Dogshit” players you listed Kepp,Cabera,DeRosa,Pill,Gamer,Thong,Hall,Tejada,Font,Whitey,he’ll that’s practically half the roster of pond scum plus a over the hill Burrell and Cody Ross losing his magic made that season easily forgettable..

6. blade3colorado said, on August 21, 2016 at 10:26 am

Along with Span, I DO like Pagan and here’s some props for the job he has done, with some love toward Span as well.

7. Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 10:51 am

I checked in with the Twinner last night. Sounds like he’s dealing with a lot of arthritis in his hip. Lots of pain. Told him to hang in there but it doesn’t sound good.

8. Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 10:52 am

And also…Happy BIRTHDAY WillieD!!!!!!!!

9. unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 11:09 am

Damn. Dude has been through more than any 10 people.

10. gianthead said, on August 21, 2016 at 11:12 am

Exposure for your team was a good thing if it was 1977…I agree we dont need it. Now you will make my high school senior happy that he can hang with the Giants game on at night tp watch with his pops. But then I will kick him out so I can go back and forth with HBO’s Night Of…also they kids all have one more week if summer vacation, so I will let the little ones stay up for an hour and then they get kicked out too…

11. gianthead said, on August 21, 2016 at 11:14 am

Flav, didnt I say earlier this week that just give Pagan another week and he will be hurt????

12. gianthead said, on August 21, 2016 at 11:27 am

And obviously ESPN does have that power to pick its games to max what they think will be the potential best ratings (why we get stuck with a lot of Yankees Red Sox games in past years and too many Fodger games.

But when my former boss raised the concept of ala carte cable programing at a congressional hearing in 1997, the cable industry went ballistic that it would never be possible yada yada. And now it is a complete reality that Blade references with people cutting their cords. But that reality back in the late 90s is when Disney/ESPN bent everyone over to force the highest per sub charge for cable:) Now the people can bend Disney/ESPN over…wow now I sound like Bernie Sanders loving Chi!!! 🙂

13. snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 11:34 am

I don’t watch ESPN since we don’t watch TV. But, I do see it when I’m on a biz trip about once every 2 months, and turn on the tube in the hotel room. ESPN absolutely sucks. The announcers seem to be making the presentation about themselves, not the content. What little, actual content there is. It’s horrible. There’s no way I’d pay for it if I had cable, even if cable had a la carte menu options. Canada now offers a form of non-bundled cable. This is from an article I saw online that’s almost 3 years old, so the numbers may be larger now: “Needham Research estimates that a purely a la carte model would wipe out $70 billion in revenue for the U.S. TV industry and that fewer than 20 U.S. channels would survive if consumers had to pay for each one separately.”…

• pawliekokonuts said, on August 21, 2016 at 12:00 pm

phew…I’m not the only post-modernist who shuns TV.

• snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 12:18 pm

I didn’t even know I had passed “modern”…

14. pawliekokonuts said, on August 21, 2016 at 12:01 pm

It’s at its WORST during the World Series. Forget about a kid on the East Coast watching a whole game.

15. willedav said, on August 21, 2016 at 12:05 pm

Thx Flav. Also b-day of Count Basie, twin jazzmen Art and Addison Farmer.
    I believe Nat Turner’s slave revolt was begun near this time.
    Also Soviet invasion of Czechs and Dubcek’s attempts at liberalization in ’68.

Btw, glad to hear you get household to bed early in school times. As kids get older and homework level increases exponentially, coupled with outside activities (sports etc.) I’m convinced most kids don’t get near enough sleep and relaxation.

• pawliekokonuts said, on August 21, 2016 at 12:08 pm

yeah, I volunteer as a Book Buddy, a literacy thing for first and second graders, and although we hear of nutritional deficits, I encounter lots of kids being too sleepy. Like, WTF were you doing up at midnight?! Not reading! It’s all on the parents.

• djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 12:43 pm

Do you only help kids wearing SF Giant caps?

• djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 12:29 pm

Happy birthday, Willie. Here’s the list of baseball players who share your birthday.
      One of the more recent ones should really jump off the page for the crew here:

• blade3colorado said, on August 21, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Agent Zero

• willedav said, on August 21, 2016 at 1:07 pm

Thx man. not a very inspiring list–I think only JD Martinez only guy hitting more than .260. Felix Millan pretty good player and Stearns born exact same date as me.

triple O and his career .225 .622 OPS. how long can they keep this guy around? Hopefully Specs takes his spot as backup to Craw at SS.

• snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Best pro born on my B-day is Tanner Roark of Nats. Uh, not too impressive.
        Mrs. snarkk’s B-day has Rusty Staub and Willie Montanez, Phil Niekro, Ron Peranoski, Not bad…

• Macdog said, on August 21, 2016 at 1:39 pm

I like Cannonball Titcomb way down the list.

16. snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 1:50 pm

US men’s basketball squad just beat Serbia by 30 to take the gold !
    I’m so stoked! This is better than if the Dubs had beaten the Cavs. Truly a huge event in US sports history…

• blade3colorado said, on August 21, 2016 at 2:24 pm

zzz . . .

• zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 2:29 pm

• gianthead said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:07 pm

I love it Snarkk…funny as hell

17. pawliekokonuts said, on August 21, 2016 at 2:20 pm

Happy birthday, Wiilidav

18. zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 2:40 pm

I have a bigger issue with Saturday night games at AT&T. ESPN can at least claim putting the team before a national audience on Sunday night; although, with baseball’s declining ratings, plus going against the Olympics tonight, that doesn’t hold up.
    But Saturday night games at AT&T should never happen.
    But, having said that, as seems typical with the group I go with to Giants games, someone has to drop out due to something unexpected coming up, so I have an extra ticket for Saturday’s game vs. the Braves if anyone’s interested. Club Level, Sec. 230, $83 ticket. Game starts at 6:05.
    Let me know at:
    zumarust @ earthlink.net
    (I posted my email address with some spaces in there so WordPress doesn’t hide part of it.)

19. Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 2:50 pm

I’m cooking a fruit crisp with my daughter this afternoon, that Legends show is on CSN right now in the background. Just got through the 2012 rain game. So epic, this is all so epic.

• zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 3:02 pm

Awesome game, series, and season.

• zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Methany didn’t even bother complaining to the umps about the rain. The game and series were over, and he knew it.

20. zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 2:55 pm

The Dodgers won today, the rook Urias pitched well, so the division lead is a tie again.
    The Dodgers play a “wrap around” day game vs. the Reds tomorrow.

• zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Ah, I remember when the Giants could bring up good starting pitchers from AAA. It’s been a while, though. Was Bum the last one, in 2010? So, six years ago? Yikes.

• djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Also 56 years ago:

• zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Not a bad first game. 🙂

• willedav said, on August 21, 2016 at 3:26 pm

yeah clay dalrymple of all people with the only hit. Mays with 1.000 OPS, dang. Bressoud with 19 errors, hmm.
        Love these old box score, thx.
        Hey, I looked at the other NL box scores and in the Cubs game vs. Reds, one of the Cubs guys got picked off 1b by Jim O’Toole named El Tappe.

There was a time one season in ’60s when Cubs (who usually finished 7th ahead of only Phillies) went with no mgr. and revolving coaches that ran the team and I remember this guy’s name being one of them.

• djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 3:59 pm

I was very befuddled when I got this baseball card as a kid and saw “Head Coach”.
        He looks as confused as I was…

21. zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 3:23 pm

I am so looking forward to those in-game interviews tonight!! I love ’em!!

• Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 3:33 pm

they are hard hitting.

• snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 4:29 pm

When did “Head Coach” turn into “Manager”…

• djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 4:47 pm

When they hired Durocher I guess…

• unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 4:52 pm

It never did and never was . . .

22. snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Following on zumiee’s nod to AAA pitchers coming up, Ty Blach at AAA has been killin’ it the last month. I wonder whatinhell the Giants are waiting for to bring his ass up. Peavy needs to go onto the DL, bring Blach up and let him take the #5 NOW, get some experience in before the true Sept stretch drive. Bochy continuing to let his Brolovers Peavy and Cain sink individual games because of their big contracts is total bull…

• djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 4:17 pm

They’ll need someone Saturday for Atlanta.
      Hope it is Blach…

23. willedav said, on August 21, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Synd had lost 4 of last 6 decisions before beating AZ last time out. Mets had scored total of 13 runs for him in those 6 games. He has struck out 48 guys in last 7 games. High pitch counts tho, regularly 100+ over 6-7 innings.

Maybe getaway day LU (no Pagan/Posey) makes him waste enough to get to Addison Reed.

• djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 4:23 pm

They ran on him like crazy in NY.
      Now everybody does – that’s become “the book” on him…

24. Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 4:21 pm

that fucking Legends trilogy, you guys have probably seen it. That’s the first time I’ve watched the entire thing. So emotional, so rad…..

• djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Where do you go to see it?

• gianthead said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:04 pm

Not sure what this Legends thing is…more detail please…

• zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:28 pm

On Bay Area Comcast, the Giants’ home channel.

25. Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 4:32 pm

well, I don’t know about the rest of you, but I couldn’t be more stoked for the rest of the season. I’m jacked up. YES! YES! YES!

26. gianthead said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Psychological must-win game tonight…Half game lead as Dodgers play a day game tomorrow could even it up before this series in LA…

27. willedav said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Craw off to hella start, tremendous full out dive stop and then guns throw to get Reyes. Wow.

28. unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Need to hit Syndegard. Smarglebargle with a nice 1st. No one of note born on my birthday. But really, Red Bird?

I hate the fucking Cardinals.

29. unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:17 pm

The one thing I like is they have the goddamn strike zone showing every pitch. I wish Comcast would do that.

30. gianthead said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:21 pm

Happy bday willie…mine is exactly a month from today. My best ball player bday is Cecil Fielder but also one Joaquin Arias!!! But the player with the most games played is some lad named Tom Brown who played in the 1880s (I should go find his grave) and buried just outside of DC in MD. But born in Merseyside, Liverpool, home of my Everton Toffees…

• willedav said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:53 pm

thx. month from now should be exciting time for baseball fans.
      enjoy

31. unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Hey, Willie. Happy Birthday.

Wow. Nice quick clean inning.

32. unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Have you watched the Odd Couple (Flan & Bochy) thing yet, Flav?

• Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:54 pm

no. forgot about it. But I will

33. unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:33 pm

Oh, Hunter . . . make it stop.

• djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:36 pm

May be time to DFA him…

• unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:15 pm

Or just shut down his twitter feed.

34. unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:35 pm

ESPN. RUINING BASEBALL AS WE KNOW IT.

35. unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:36 pm

This has to be the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen.

• zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Yeah, that was a kind of torture.

• zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:43 pm

And more awful and disruptive in-game interviews coming ahead.

36. Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:53 pm

an in-game interview on the *other side*. I am so fucking stoked for this.

• willedav said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:55 pm

you have a chance to talk to a charismatic ballplayer, and that’s the result.
      No one said, um, hey is that really what you want to talk about?

Collins always sounds like he just had 3 espressos

• unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:22 pm

OK now, let’s break on through to the other side.

37. willedav said, on August 21, 2016 at 5:58 pm

On F/G is an interview done in Boston with Rags, very insightful.
    Talks a lot about value of changing speeds, even off fastball.

38. blade3colorado said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Blanco is blanco.

39. zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Blanco getting starts down the stretch is brutal.

• zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:29 pm

That’s going to be a long 10 days until Williamson and Parker are back.

40. Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:29 pm

• zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:31 pm

“His brain is squirming like a toad….”

41. Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:33 pm

this Straw/Gooden thing has been interesting. After Gooden denied anything was wrong, Straw just said this. Powerful. Good for him for bringing this to the national media, sounds like nothing else will stop Gooden at this point.
    Darryl Strawberry is very concerned about Dwight Gooden. Strawberry tells the Daily News: “He’s a complete junkie-addict. I’ve been trying behind the scenes to talk to him and get him to go for help, but he won’t listen. He thinks he can manipulate and BS his way through everything. His son called me to beg me to help his dad before he dies. … The condition Doc is in, it’s bad, it’s horrible. It’s like cocaine poison. I feel like I’ve got to get it out there because nobody else is doing anything to help him, and it might be the only way to stop him.”

• djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:36 pm

Outstanding!

42. Macdog said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:33 pm

I wonder what Blanco’s exit velocity is going back to the dugout?

• Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:51 pm

this post isn’t going to get much love but I found it to be hilarious, top 3 of the weekend.

43. Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:42 pm

the only thing I didn’t like about that Legends trilogy: when they were going through the Cain perfect game and they got to the Blanco catch— I was waiting for someone to explain what the fuck Blanco was doing out there in deep right center field. I’ve never seen any right fielder play where he was playing in an at bat. I figured Wotus or someone would get mad props for aligning the defense in that crazy way. But, nothing. Disappointing. Whoever set Blanco out there before that at bat needs to get the credit he deserves…..

44. zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:42 pm

I appreciate Bochy’s “long-game” approach of sticking with players until they turn it around, but sometimes Father Time is not to be denied. Peavy, Cain, Blanco….

45. djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Blanco probably makes that play a year or two ago…

46. Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:45 pm

that’s crazy that I was just talking about Blanco and the perfect game and then he takes a completely fucked up angle there to screw Samarg’s no hitter.

• djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:48 pm

It was actually no angle at all.
      Can’t believe how rapidly he’s declined in every way…

• Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:49 pm

I wish James would come back to pump us back up about Blanco……..

47. djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:46 pm

And it’s over…

48. unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Shit. Shoulda stayed up in the zone.

49. zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:48 pm

HRs continue to wear us out.

50. unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:50 pm

Need to find a way to win this or we are still a shitty team that isn’t going anywhere soon.

51. blade3colorado said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:50 pm

After the fucked up Blanco route, I was thinking the wheels would come off with Alphabet. You could tell he was doing a slow burn after the double. Pfffttt!

52. zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:52 pm

The Dodgers are a high-HR team. Should be interesting….

53. blade3colorado said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:57 pm

Speaking of MIA Flappers, where’s Stix? Or, did winter already start in the Northern tundra of Minnesota?

• djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 6:58 pm

And Lisle-baldy?

• unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:05 pm

He has a Walnut Creek real estate empire to run

• blade3colorado said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Dunno . . .

54. zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Parker hit a triple tonight in Sac-town’s 11-9 victory.

• zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Today, I should say.

55. unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:04 pm

What the fuck. Guys are 40-44 in stolen bases on Syndegaard, and we go 0-2. Of course we stop running and hit into DPs

56. blade3colorado said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Announcer should be a diplomat in the middle east, e.g., “. . . the bullpen has been an issue at times.”

57. zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:08 pm

A clean inning from our bullpen is like finding a nugget of gold.

58. blade3colorado said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Nice play by our defense. Sheesh, no idea where we would be without Craw (especially).

59. unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Good to see a relief pitcher not bollix that up.

60. unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Great. We get to be Syndegaard’s first complete game and shutout.

BUNT YOU TURD!!

61. unca_chuck said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Shit, you are 2-100, Gregor. Change your approach? Naaaaah

• snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:22 pm

I do not understand why the PHuck Blanco is out there doing nothing for weeks on end, and Parker is down in Sactown. I just do not understand it. He could easily be DLed with a neck strain, and Parker come up. It makes no sense to me. Tired of his bullshit fake bunt on the first pitch darn near every AB, and nothing happens…

62. snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:19 pm

The one guy you do all you can do to NOT let him beat you on the Mets is …. Cespedes. So, you let him beat you. WTF?…

• djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:22 pm

Seems like they do the same thing with Goldschmidt and Arenado…

• snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Yep. Just walk their asses. People walked Bonds time and time again so he would not beat them…

• Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Smarge is probably the dumbest player we have on the team. It took him more than half way through the season to learn he needed to throw a curve ball.

• snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:25 pm

Strick likely would give him a run for his money on that. Kruk on radio has been jizzing himself on how Samardz is throwing these great curves with a new grip and also the change-ups — and I was thinking the same deal. Why the praise? — It took the dumbass 6 months since Spring Training to friggin’ figure out he needed to throw other shit thanfastballs and cutters?…

63. Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:28 pm

well, I finally got blocked on twitter by Schulman and Pavlovic. But at least they read the tweets where I called them out. My point was made…..

• Macdog said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:45 pm

That’s actually pretty cool. What’d you get on ’em about? I checked Twitter and don’t see much.

64. snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:30 pm

Posey PHing and gets a dong. How nice. I thought he had the sniffles and couldn’t play?…

• zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:35 pm

That’s on Bochy.

65. Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:32 pm

solid at bat by Span there.

66. Macdog said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:33 pm

At least the east coast kiddies didn’t have to stay up late.

• Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:34 pm

well, we’d be asleep, we go to bed at 10 on school nights.

67. Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:34 pm

We are down to 2 outs left and Span, who hit one into the water yesterday, decides to fucking BUNT? What does that accomplish? Even if it works, now it’s Buster on 2nd, Span on first? We need a fucking BOMB you dumbass! I fucking hate Span.

• snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:36 pm

They bunt when it makes no sense, and don’t bunt when it’s almost the only thing that does make sense…

68. zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:36 pm

And he bunted right into a mud-pit. The dirt was really watered down in front of the plate.

• Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:38 pm

he probably didn’t notice that seeing as how he was right there looking at it before he decided to try that pointless, dumbass waste-of-an-at-bat move…..

69. zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Not to beat a dead horse, but this is the kind of game screaming for a game-changing HR. Parker instead of Blanco would help give the team a chance in that situation. Cespedes delivered it for the Mets.

70. blade3colorado said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Loo and Mac, watching the interview of Curtis Granderson on ESPN. Very well-spoken and likable person, i.e., I definitely see a broadcasting career in his future. Impressed with how articulate he is and his analysis of the game was spot on.

• djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:46 pm

Definitely a good guy by all accounts, Blade…

• blade3colorado said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:49 pm

Yeah, I never heard him speak before and most ball players are forgettable during interviews. Not him. Quite impressionable.

71. zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:44 pm

What if Pagan can’t start Tuesday? We get Blanco again?

72. blade3colorado said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Just my opinion, but I thought Alphabet was snake bitten tonight, e.g., Blanco’s poor route to the Granderson double; and, Cespedes bad pitch bomb (which was an off speed pitch to boot). Overall, he was pretty good this evening.

• snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:50 pm

I agree. He gave up just 2 on a bomb. That should get you a win in most games. The offense sputtering continues to be the problem. It’s understandable not to produce against a guy like Syndergaard. What is a joke is that they can’t score against guys the rest of the league is pounding with regularity….

• blade3colorado said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:58 pm

Yeah, we continue to have the worst record in MLB since the AS break. Couple that with a putrid .216 BA with RISP. That definitely wont get the job done.

73. snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Funny the Giants beat writers banned BF. Because they know he’s right…

• Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 8:39 pm

yeah. Baggs spared me. I’ve given them low level shit for years and today was the last straw? All I said was something in response to Slusser reporting the fight between Butler and Valencia– I just said
      In reply to Ann Killion
      Flavor ‏@1flapdown77 2h2 hours ago
      @annkillion @Bruce_Jenkins1 like ANY Giants beat writer would have the sack to report this @hankschulman @AlexPavlovic @extrabaggs
      Pav and Schulman had a cow, said mean one liner shit to me and banned me. Too funny.

• Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 8:44 pm

i would like to point out that I blocked both of them too. Just in case, down the road shit and all. 🙂

• snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 8:45 pm

Yeah, I saw what you said. And, you were right. How many times do we find out stuff way later about something in the Giants clubhouse or a player’s health, that’s broken by some national writer(s), and the beat dudes are totally flatfooted with their binkies in their mouths? What was that BS Schulman said to you about reporting some dustup between Mike LaCoss and a drunk back in the dark ages? Seriously — that’s all he’s got? That is hilarious. Meanwhile, after that crack reporting, later Barry Bonds over a decade turned into the Michelin Man under his and the other beat guys’ noses — with nada reported. “Game of Shadows” writers actually did some work and got the lowdown that Giants beat dudes either missed completely, or kept their mouths shut to protect their beat. Either way, the Giants beat guys were a joke during that period for not reporting anything…

• Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 8:50 pm

i apologized to Baggs for lumping him in with the other 2 dudes. But really, at this point all 3 just walk around on egg shells with this team

• Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Snarkk– I didn’t see what Schulman said. I don’t really understand twitter, I just use it to gather info. I reply to things but once other replies start coming I don’t really get who is saying what. Stupid, I know. If I cared more about that part of twitter I’d spend the time to figger it out.

74. Macdog said, on August 21, 2016 at 8:22 pm

It felt good to be back in first place for what, a day or two?

75. zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 8:38 pm

• Flavor said, on August 21, 2016 at 8:57 pm

i used to like Depp and he was masterful in this role. But after seeing him drunk off his ass with his now ex-wife I can’t look at him without just thinking “total dumbass”

• snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 8:57 pm

I’ll go down with it, but only if I get to Captain it. So, if Blanco is still on the poop deck instead of Parker, I’m looking for the life boats…

76. djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 9:02 pm

The ship is not slowly sinking. It’s a little more like this:

77. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 21, 2016 at 9:11 pm

I’m fine with the Giants playing cat and mouse with LA for the next 10 days, as it’s somewhat perversely entertaining to watch and see which of the 2 teams seems to want the division lead less than the other one. But come September, no margin for error. Can they “turn it on”, kind of like they did in that Cueto win? We shall see.

78. twinfan1 said, on August 21, 2016 at 11:09 pm

First, I want to apologize to you folks . Everybody loves a good argument but I took it too far.I won every one of them. So here’s what I’d like to do. Sometime in the next day or two, I will goad Craig into an argument and let him win it. Sure,his win will be tainted, but hell, we’ll put an asterisk on it and send him to the HOF anyway.

Not a real good year around these parts, that Clayton fire brought back some very bad memories. At least Cal-Fire learned something from last year, they were pretty well prepared. Last year there were no “boots on the ground” or planes in the air until it was too late and too dangerous for the crews
    As to our little family, Merna is doing quite well, the new cat is loving up Rosie, the only kitty of ours who was found after the fire. As for me, I have been tumor free for 4 1/2 years . The bad news is that my left hip is basically dying ,not enough blood to it. Probably from the steroids that I have to take. I’m not complaining ,in fact I have a new goal- to outlive the bastards who were shoveling dirt on my grave every year. In fact I ran into an oncologist I had seen maybe 2 or 3 times. He looked like he’d seen a chubby ghost.
    Hope you are all well and enjoying the Jints rapid descent. Always remember that is not the fall that does you in-It’s the landing
    Final note- Vogey is incredible and Nicole is very easy on the eyes

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 21, 2016 at 11:23 pm

I miss Vogie. And Nicole. And miss you too, Michael. Hope it’s all as good as it can be….

• snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 11:27 pm

Oracle — good to hear from you. What’s a little hip thing after what you’ve been through? Nada. So keep hangin’ in there. At least they caught (so they say) the SOB that set those fires up your way the last few years. They should force him to watch Giants games for punishment. Keep popping in when you have a chance — with the Gyro nosedive in full swing lately, we’ve started to eat our young around here a bit, so we need a bit of discipline…

• zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 11:28 pm

TF! Great to see a post from you and hear how you and Merna and pets are doing. Come back to us! Those guys at Baggs’ blog are lame. (kidding) 🙂

79. Flavor said, on August 22, 2016 at 5:29 am

• unca_chuck said, on August 22, 2016 at 7:54 am

I had to curb my intake of that site. Way too habit forming. Gold, baby!

80. unca_chuck said, on August 22, 2016 at 7:56 am

Guess I got to go to Baggs to get my fair share of abuse, to coin a phrase.

Great to hear from you, Mike!

I was cracking up reading some of the exchanges back in 2011.