Network Takeover

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 21, 2016

I hate espn. I hate their lame website. I hate Chris Berman and pretty much every announcer that does any of their games. I hate that they dictate. I hate the way they rule.

Why is this game on at 5:08pm? Why is it even on their station at all? Do they even have to ask or do they just tell the Giants to move the game to 5:08 and make room for their shitty announcers?

And it’s 3 hours worse on the east coast. I don’t know about you guys with kids, but we go to sleep pretty early on school nights. I’m a baller with a bed time, beatch. If I had a kid who was a huge Giants fan I’d have a hard time explaining why they couldn’t watch the entirety of the SUNDAY game.

And what about the people who bought tickets when the game was originally scheduled at 1pm? I don’t know when this game got changed but I’m pretty sure it was once scheduled at 1pm—until the dicks at espn took over.

There is absolutely no value at all to the team or the fans for this game to be on espn or for it to be moved to 5:08. There is plenty of exposure for the players already, this isn’t 1979. This is all just about espn. 100%.

And I think that’s total bullshit.

1. djloo27 said, on August 21, 2016 at 9:02 pm

The ship is not slowly sinking. It’s a little more like this:

2. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 21, 2016 at 9:11 pm

I’m fine with the Giants playing cat and mouse with LA for the next 10 days, as it’s somewhat perversely entertaining to watch and see which of the 2 teams seems to want the division lead less than the other one. But come September, no margin for error. Can they “turn it on”, kind of like they did in that Cueto win? We shall see.

3. twinfan1 said, on August 21, 2016 at 11:09 pm

First, I want to apologize to you folks . Everybody loves a good argument but I took it too far.I won every one of them. So here’s what I’d like to do. Sometime in the next day or two, I will goad Craig into an argument and let him win it. Sure,his win will be tainted, but hell, we’ll put an asterisk on it and send him to the HOF anyway.

Not a real good year around these parts, that Clayton fire brought back some very bad memories. At least Cal-Fire learned something from last year, they were pretty well prepared. Last year there were no “boots on the ground” or planes in the air until it was too late and too dangerous for the crews
    As to our little family, Merna is doing quite well, the new cat is loving up Rosie, the only kitty of ours who was found after the fire. As for me, I have been tumor free for 4 1/2 years . The bad news is that my left hip is basically dying ,not enough blood to it. Probably from the steroids that I have to take. I’m not complaining ,in fact I have a new goal- to outlive the bastards who were shoveling dirt on my grave every year. In fact I ran into an oncologist I had seen maybe 2 or 3 times. He looked like he’d seen a chubby ghost.
    Hope you are all well and enjoying the Jints rapid descent. Always remember that is not the fall that does you in-It’s the landing
    Final note- Vogey is incredible and Nicole is very easy on the eyes

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 21, 2016 at 11:23 pm

I miss Vogie. And Nicole. And miss you too, Michael. Hope it’s all as good as it can be….

• snarkk said, on August 21, 2016 at 11:27 pm

Oracle — good to hear from you. What’s a little hip thing after what you’ve been through? Nada. So keep hangin’ in there. At least they caught (so they say) the SOB that set those fires up your way the last few years. They should force him to watch Giants games for punishment. Keep popping in when you have a chance — with the Gyro nosedive in full swing lately, we’ve started to eat our young around here a bit, so we need a bit of discipline…

• zumiee said, on August 21, 2016 at 11:28 pm

TF! Great to see a post from you and hear how you and Merna and pets are doing. Come back to us! Those guys at Baggs’ blog are lame. (kidding) 🙂

4. Flavor said, on August 22, 2016 at 5:29 am

• unca_chuck said, on August 22, 2016 at 7:54 am

I had to curb my intake of that site. Way too habit forming. Gold, baby!

5. unca_chuck said, on August 22, 2016 at 7:56 am

Guess I got to go to Baggs to get my fair share of abuse, to coin a phrase.

Great to hear from you, Mike!

I was cracking up reading some of the exchanges back in 2011.