A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Losses Pile up For Losing Losers

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 25, 2016

There’s not much to say after a 1-0 loss. I guess it could have been worse. 10-0? Getting shut out by some blistery fuck with herpes on his hand is one of the lower moments of the season.

Here is the bottomest of lines: We are 11-25 since the all star break. That’s not bad. It’s the worst record in all of baseball. When you are THE WORST over that stretch of time it’s silly to even consider winning a division title and hoping for a wild card spot is just a bad, desperate look.

If I saw some fight in the eyes of this team or their manager I’d probably manage to find some fight in my own. But I don’t see it and I’m tired of watching the same bullshit nearly night in and night out.

I’m not saying they aren’t trying. I’m saying that we may have wildly overestimated their abilities this year. San Dawg bought a 1977 RV with 2 other buddies yesterday. They spent the night drinking beers and voting on what to name it. That sounds like a significantly better way to spend an evening than what the rest of us did……

1. blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:55 am

Plus, the Rooster returned from dinner. The fat fuck.

• unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:09 am

The rooster will end up as a chicken dinner before the Dodgers win a title.

2. gianthead said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:10 am

Waiting to hear how that San Dog story ends..I literally woke up with Pence’s base hit top of the 8th and when Crawford swung I had wild visions of great Giant victories over the Fodgers and other great moments like John Patterson’s shot in Atlanta late August in ’93…but then the ball just died at the track in that LA air…perfect encapsulation of what this second half has been like.

This reminds me of the 2011 season post Beltran trade and just nothing happened with that team….

3. alleykat69 said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:40 am

Think it’s time for a “All out Donnybrook” can’t win a game but maybe we a fight and it my wake up this “Walking Dead” team!!

4. Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:46 am

a fight will just get guys suspended. It’s not 1985 anymore.

• gianthead said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:07 am

I’ll take the suspensions….fight fight fight….

5. eddacker said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:50 am

What kind of fan am I? Something about wind and sails. Living next to a marina can do that to you. What kind of fan have I become? Used to be fighting the Dogers from second place was what we did. Not it feels like total failure. this second half has been physically painful and heart sickening.
    I need some of unca’s immunity. (9:05pm post last night)

It cannot be long until the team starts giving up. Don’t understand it, can’t explain it. But something fails daily and what little rally or hot hand we have is not contagious.

Even listening to Marty’s positive spin on things: ” this team has all the pieces” can’t cheer me up any more. So it must be time for memories.

get busy gmen, the flappers know you can.

6. willedav said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:07 am

Obviously time for Moore to become a made guy. Too bad Cueto was brilliant.
    Still don’t know why Belt doesn’t bunt. Shift on vs. Jansen who worked him mostly outside, totally against where his D was. Take a half swing like you would playing pepper (wonder if Belt or younger guys know what that is) and chop something into wide open spaces…easy money.

7. unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:15 am

They obviously weren’t as good as all those early wins, but they certainly aren’t this bad.

But I keep being proven wrong.

What really really really really REALLY FUCKING annoys me is NO ONE, from the coaches down to the players, is trying anything different. Belt should bunt for the easy base hit down the 3rd base line. They are GIVING you a base. Bochy should try to manufacture runs. Stress moving runners over. Something but this hack-a-mole approach that is doing NOTHING.

If they lose today, I think the team just curls up and dies. Start a fucking fight. Get suspended. Bang some hookers. Smoke some crack. Wander naked in the forest on mushrooms with the spirit of Jim Morrison. Do SOMETHING other than sleepwalk through these pathetic losses!

Go Niners!

• gianthead said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:10 am

How we miss Timmy…he would do all those things on his own…

8. snarkk said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:34 am

Before the series I said the one thing they could not do is get swept. Well, tonight they need to avoid. Else 4 back and playing like crap looks daunting for a division win. Totally agree with Chuck, this management seems complacent, totally fine with watching the season circle the drain, doing nothing different to unfunk the funk. If they crater rest of season, I’m wondering if this could be the last for Bochy? Visits to the hospital each of the last seasons make you wonder…

• unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:41 am

Yeah, Bochy either needs to coax Flan out of retirement, or or or fuck I don’t know. Starts playing guitar and discovers his inner mojo.

And really, the Dogs could very well go back to slumberland and we could catch fire. Even if we lose, there is still a lot of baseball left. I just don’t get why the team is so laid back about the losses piling up. Team meetings, players-only shit, a day bowling together, something.

9. Macdog said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:46 am

It’s like some Twilight Zone-Hitchcock-Irwin Allen production rolled into one, waiting for the final credits to signify the end but instead getting a new twist on the same tired theme. I have very little faith that this team will right itself anytime soon. Posey’s up in the 8th with one on and one out and, instead of expecting a big home run — he hasn’t hit one of those since the second game after the All-Star break — or maybe even a double, I expected a rally-killing double play, so it was almost a relief that he struck out and gave the next batter a chance. By sometime next week, maybe even by the end of the weekend, this team will likely find itself on the outside looking in. Three-plus months of good baseball undone by six weeks of crap. How is that possible? Maybe they really aren’t good enough after all.

10. zumiee said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:18 am

Yeah, it’s hard to swallow that the window with this core of players could be closing faster than we would have thought. Someone compared this team to the ’14 team, but then added the fact that that team was two years younger. Somewhere in the middle of this season, the team started looking old. Posey, Crawford, Pence, Belt, Panik even, somehow, looked like they aged several years during the All Star break. They look tired and ready for the season to end. They’re not that old!! Why is this happening?! Could it be that winning all those World Series championships put that much extra stress and strain on their bodies, that their bodies are older, baseball-wise, than their years? Actually, that could be possible. Certainly, the amount of mental fatigue could build up after all those stressful playoff games. And maybe it just becomes that much harder to rally the enthusiasm to climb back up that hill after winning so many rings already. Sure, these guys are getting paid millions of dollars, and it’s their JOB; but they do look tired out there.
    A better bullpen would have helped, and could have rallied their spirits a lot, I think. But the bullpen is what it is, at this point.

• zumiee said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:24 am

I’ve always been one of the “let Buster keep catching” people, but I’ve weakened on that lately. Buster at first, Belt in leftfield, and Brown catching, next season, is starting to grow on me. It would clearly keep Buster fresher, and Belt would do OK in leftfield, he has good instincts on defense, and Brown has shown he has game.

By the way, it’s amazing to me how bad Belt looks trying to hit high fastballs these days. He has a complete hole in his swing that teams have been exploiting big-time the last several weeks. He needs to find a way to get on top of that pitch somehow and try to hit line-drives with it. Don’t try to hit that pitch out of the ballpark.

• gianthead said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:33 am

Actually Barry Bonds should be our hitting coach not the Marlins. He could probably do much with Belt. But there is no way of forcing Buster to give up catching…I am one willing to do the unthinkable and see what we could get for Buster.

I think the organization is at a turning point. We should have the pitching to carry us for the next 2-3 years, especially with potential arms in the minors, but outside of Arroyo, there just isn’t the pipeline of hitters, especially outfielders.

If Buster is the best chip we have to go after young hitters, and Buster is going to be making a hell of a lot of money next 3-4 years, why not see what you can get.

11. gianthead said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:21 am

And to wake up last night and have the “mighty” Adrianza step in to face Jansen, it is just so frickin one-sided. Is that the best that Bochy can do with two outs in the 9th inning???? Frankly pathetic and does anyone else think Adrianza is back looking like pre-juiced Adrianza???? Something was going in there…

What it all gets back to is that Bochy is not capable in my humble opinion managing a team like this without shut down relievers and vet hitters. I used to be very critical of his management but after the first world series I said he was golden and beyond reproach. Every decision he made in those three world series broke our way…but he could manage the go up and hit and someone will knock a ball out rather than the Roger Craig old school NL style of manufacturing runs. One would think Bochy would know and be comfortable in that management school because he played in those old school NL days but he seems completely incapable.

And we have seen the Fodgers and Dave Roberts of all people having that team playing like old school NL baseball. They were slapping hits around game 1 and then just used shut down pitching Game 2 and relied on just one big hit. We have out hit them this series have we not???

• gianthead said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:23 am

Check that out forgot I fell asleep game 1 and miss the clobbering the bullpen received…

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 10:37 am

GH you fall asleep more often than anyone I’ve ever heard of. Are you narcoleptic? lulz

• gianthead said, on August 25, 2016 at 2:56 pm

East coast is wiping out my lifestyle I used to be up every night 1-2 am and then the 5th kid arrived 8 years ago but this back injury has put me down this week…and I am not even on drugs…of course last night was a gin cigar fueled evening trying to chill out my back…

12. zumiee said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:30 am

Bochy in the post-game press conference was classic Bochy. Bochy’s gonna Bochy, and always will. Always stays positive, talks about how the game could have gone different with a couple of breaks our way. He’s just never going to show anger in those press conferences. One of the reasons, of course, is that the beat writers are rarely going to ask him pointed questions about anything.

13. sfsarge said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:55 am

In other news OBD, are no longer on the leader. Their games will now be broadcast on 95.7 the game. I’m sure they got tired of playing second fiddle to the Giants and the professional football team in Santa Clara.

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 10:09 am

uh oh. Does that mean Tolbert is done working with Roye? I think they are great together.

• sfsarge said, on August 25, 2016 at 11:46 am

Haven’t heard any news about that yet. But most likely.

• unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2016 at 10:09 am

That makes sense.

14. willedav said, on August 25, 2016 at 10:38 am

I still think bochy has the right approach, stay calm fight your way out of it. He’s mostly continued to play what he feels are his best 8, tho he did alter the LU somewhat vs. LHP…and got nothing out of it. Nunez with an 0-4 at top of LU, Pagan loses the hit streak, warning track power, nothing from Belt.
    getting visibly and publicly upset and calling out players I don’t believe in–they know what’s going on and where they are, individually and collectively. And I think they respect that kind of treatment. Whether it translates to better play…lot of season still left, and Giants just have to get in.

Roberts has done a great job, but there is really only one reason they are winning—Dodgers are smashing the baseball like an Earl Weaver team and right now their guys have HR power, not warning track.

15. unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2016 at 11:08 am

Roach coach is always a good name. That was the name of my 1971 Datsun pickup. Had a camper shell with home stereo speakers in it and 4 ” of foam under green shag carpeting. Ahh, the good old days.

16. unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2016 at 11:09 am

Then the players need to take it upon themselves to do SOMETHING. Call a meeting, go through the motions of clearing the air, or just vent their frustrations. This happy crappy stuff works.Sometimes.

17. sandog said, on August 25, 2016 at 11:21 am

So….about the RV. I play in a regular poker game, and 2 guys from the game (Mike and Craig) owned a 1977 Dodge Sportsman RV together. They actually put quite a bit of work into it and it is not that bad of a rig. Mike passed away and his wife no longer wanted the RV on their property. After much discussion, Craig agreed to sell the RV to myself and another guy from the game for a sweet price ($1,200) as long as we let him use it every now and then. I kicked in $700 and my partner $500 as he is going to keep it as his house. It will be registered in my name since I live so far out in the country that it will exempted from smog certification. The deal got consummated last night. Naming discussions are still ongoing, but the early contenders are Freddie, Dieter, Sherman, and Steve. Female names WERE considered, but something about a 1977 RV has a distinct male feel to it.
    Positives from last night:
    -James came back to the blog AND ripped Kuiper. Both good things in my book.
    -Cueto apparently pitched well in a big game against a team that can mash.
    -I am having internet and TV issues, but I pulled in KNBR in the car in the mountains about 50 miles east of San Diego last night and caught a little bit of the action.

• alleykat69 said, on August 25, 2016 at 11:54 am

Dog,
      Kuiper should take the heat, like I posted before he was the one that started this epic collapse at the start of the 2nd half when his commercial came on about Bejamin Moore paint and how he was gonna go with a certain shade of fucking blue!!! Dodger fucking blue you traitor!!!

18. alleykat69 said, on August 25, 2016 at 11:35 am

I say we still start a fight tonight!
    NoGiantplayer will get ejected cause they “can’t hit at the plate or all the field”

19. wilcojoe said, on August 25, 2016 at 12:13 pm

I can’t remember if it was 2010 or 2012 but around this time, the Giants had really hit the skids and Sabean held a closed door meeting with the team. Low and behold they immediately turned it around and the rest was history. It won’t happen again, now that Sabean has moved on to his current role. That duty would belong to Evans and unfortunately I don’t see him having the same kind of impact.

• unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2016 at 1:13 pm

2012. It was around this same time, too. And, like then they fell out of first and crawled into the WC.

20. unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2016 at 1:12 pm

Like I said, somebody HAS to do something. Whether it be Bochy, Evans, Sabes, my boy Charlie Johnson, or the players themselves, they need to be smacked in the head and shown they are pissing this season away.

Blanco has to sit for Parker at the least. Get someone up here that just MIGHT hit one past the warning track.

21. snarkk said, on August 25, 2016 at 1:35 pm

Interesting that Dubs moved to 95.7 from KNBR. That signal of 95.7 is absurdly weak. Dubs will now get featured treatment, but if nobody can hear the bcasts past Livermore or San Jose, is that really better?…

22. unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2016 at 1:38 pm

I get it pretty good in the WC. It cuts out right next to Steph’s house though.

23. zumiee said, on August 25, 2016 at 1:59 pm

That’s too bad about Warriors radio; I can’t get that 95.7 in the Central Valley. And it’s nice when driving in the evening to be able to flick on a game. Roye is such a good play-by-play guy. I’ll still be able to get Kings games, but their guy isn’t as good. I’m more of a Kings fan than Warriors fan, but I do pull for the Warriors to get as many championships as they can during this window of opportunity they have with this core of players.

24. unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Rolling Thunder. Chariot of the Gods. Heisenberg?

Come on, Dawg. Steve?

• sandog said, on August 25, 2016 at 2:23 pm

“Steve” was one of my suggestions. For some reason, that one works for me a little bit. My partners didn’t care much for that either.

• gianthead said, on August 25, 2016 at 3:10 pm

You could go off the Freddie idea and go Freddie Fender…get it….nothing reminds me more of growing up in the 1970s in San Jose than the song Low Rider and Freddie Fender….

• gianthead said, on August 25, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Oh I like Heisenberg….

25. unca_chuck said, on August 25, 2016 at 2:37 pm

You of course need to carve the name in wood and mount it over the back window

26. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 3:50 pm

If it’s from 1977 and it runs I would call it “Seattle Slew”…

27. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 3:51 pm

We should be fine when Kershaw comes back…

28. sandog said, on August 25, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Oh yes. Whatever his name is, it will be prominently displayed on the exterior somehow.

29. Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 4:45 pm

I am beyond stoked that Sherman is still in the running. That was my suggestion. That and Cooter which I still think should be clearly in the lead.

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:18 pm

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:20 pm

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:21 pm

What is there to think about?

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:27 pm

lol did you change out the pic? Sherman is this shit me and my sister say to each other all the time as a joke. It’s pretty funny (between us). Doesn’t mean anything, but I thought it might be a good name for a 70’s van too and Diggity and his 2 drunk buddies liked it.

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:35 pm

Yeah, I went a little smaller for the sake of the blog…

30. zumiee said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:04 pm

The Dodgers traded Kershaw’s buddy Ellis. Sports is a tough business.

• zumiee said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:19 pm

Ellis + minor leaguer for Phillies’ Ruiz. Interesting trade. Ruiz is the better player, but Ellis was a clubhouse leader-type, and caught Kershaw a lot.

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Ruiz is pretty done, he’s probably a better hitter than Ellis but I don’t get why they trade a clubhouse leader PLUS CK’s fav catcher for a guy on the decline who hits a little bit better…..

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:41 pm

so I didn’t realize Ruiz had an 800+ OPS vs lefties. But I really think that is over valuing him. He really doesn’t do anything at the plate that is better than replacement level. Doesn’t hit for power. Doesn’t steal, obviously. He gets a few more walks than normal I guess. He’s got 12 freaking RBI’s this year. To give up everything Ellis gives you for that seems absurd to me.

31. Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:23 pm

How come no love for Cooter? That name garnered zero traction last night but I am still going to push it today…..

32. zumiee said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:32 pm

This has turned into such a big game tonight. Does Moore have it in him to come up huge tonight? I don’t know….

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:39 pm

i think they win easy tonight. 5-2, something like that. At some point desperation kicks in and I think that point should be tonight.

33. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Moore looks like a constipated Al Leiter…

34. Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:42 pm

I mean, look at this shit:
    Andy McCullough ✔ @McCulloughTimes
    Ellis described Kershaw as “shocked” by the trade. The two men wept together, he said.

For Carlos Freaking Ruiz?

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:50 pm

Ron Darling also perplexed by trade.
      Mets beating Cards so far is good for our WC hopes…

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:57 pm

7-0 Mets in the 5th following hilarious boot by Card SS and 3 run bomb by my man De Aza…

35. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Fun fact:

San Dawg leaves the world’s greatest voice mails…

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 6:14 pm

start trading pics of dinner with him and the real fun will begin. We started doing that this Summer and in each pic tried to one up each other with some accoutrement. He finally slayed me with a swordfish dinner and a ball he caught at Wrigley Field. My top was a perfectly bbq bone in rib eye with a pic of my girlfriend posing on the floor at the Staples center with Jerome Kersey at a Magic Johnson all star celebrity game circa 1992

36. Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 6:29 pm

And another thought: you guys do what you want but I am leaving Rooster alone. In terms of being a troll he’s completely benign. And until they win a World Series (even getting back to one would be a start) he’s got absolutely nothing to crow about. Winning a 3 game series? pffffttttt who cares? Even winning the NL West. Again, WHO CARES??? Neither amounts to shit and he knows it. If we didn’t have 3 in the bank then maybe winning an itsy bitsy series or even an NL West crown would be something to crow about. But it’s not. Not when we have 3 in 6 and he has nothing but that singleton 28 fucking years ago. And if he starts crowing about ’81 or that 60’s shit then he just loses all credibility with me…..
    He’s absolutely allowed here and as long as he does his normal low level crowing I encourage him to post here. Makes for a good balance actually……

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Here they come to snuff the rooster
      Ah yeah, yeah
      Yeah, here come the rooster, yeah
      You know he ain’t gonna die
      No, no, no, you know he ain’t gonna die

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 6:47 pm

great song. I’m always glad to see guys come back who’ve been gone for a while. Means they’re still alive. And at the end of the day, no matter the differences at the blog, I really want everyone to be alive and doing fine. 🙂 🙂 🙂

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 6:47 pm

• James said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:06 pm

I’m another Flapper who’s never been offended by The GR. His comically timed visits and attempts at a light touch are the signs of a Dodger fan who’s never found a home.

37. alleykat69 said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Pregame Bochy with of course the drawl…
    Wellllll weeee just beeeen in a bit of a rut. Welllll were git a good pitched game( pause exharabareted look) bunch a couple hits, buttt just can’t git 3 in a row for a run.So one little mistake that just misses the target , and wellllll It ends up in Arkansas and we lose a tough one. But I’m realllly proud of this bunch, their’s nooo quit by golly,we willll keeep battling like Custer at the Little Bighorn to get that elusive scalp or in this case a Win gawd dammit!!!

38. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Do the Giants have anyone who can hit a fuckin’ off speed pitch?

• gianthead said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:25 pm

Do we have anyone who can recognize an off-speed pitch?

39. sandog said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:27 pm

“Rooster” might not be a bad name to suggest for the RV….
    “Cooter” simply didn’t move the needle. I’m not sure why.
    Any of you old timers think Moore looks a little like Mike Torrez in the face?

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Goddammit, yes!

40. snarkk said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Sitting here at restaurant bar in Phoenix as the sun goes down over Camelback mountain. I’m slamming some grilled shrimp with jalapeño cheese grits, and thinking of days gone by when Pablo was chugging up the trail of Camelback to cut his boiler a bit. Those days are gone, and I’m wondering of the champ window is gone now, too. I think th e current Pen is a shadow of itself in those champ years, and that is the real difference maker in this squad compared to before…

• wilcojoe said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:34 pm

Great post. Agreed, especially in regards to the pen.

• snarkk said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:39 pm

I’m treated on the bar tv with Dbacks v Braves, which a Vermont based pale ale is helping me stomach. Bartenderess nice enough, kind iof a cerebral brunette a little light on top but a serviceable pear ass — some bald Phuck is chatting her up relentlessly. I need a slice of key lime pie to handle another inning of this Dback nonsense…

• wilcojoe said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:50 pm

If they have the MLB network it should be coming on (in progress) at 11pm ET.

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:11 pm

i fucking love and look forward to your descriptions of the bartender women who serve you.

41. gianthead said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Pathetic at bats after a leadoff double…

42. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:39 pm

It just makes no sense to have the best record in baseball the 1st half of the season, and then immediately nose-dive to the worst record in baseball in the 2nd half. No sense. Especially when injured starters were returning to action. I would be very interested to know what Sabean and Evans, et al, are talking about as they watch this precipitous fall from grace. They must be talking about this; what are they saying? What are they thinking about *doing* to correct the situation? How about the players? Do they talk about this, try to figure out the problems and how to solve them, do they try to pump each other up? Wish I could be a fly on the walls, might provide some insight to this trainwreck. Maybe still being in the WC hunt is enough for them, don’t need to be best team in baseball, just need to get in, etc. I don’t know. It just makes no …. sense….

• blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:50 pm

Just my take Paul, but I consider Evans and Sabean totally absolved for this “train wreck” (apt description). They did an outstanding job in the off season (Span, Alphabet, and Cueto) and an equally good job during the trade deadline, with the Moore, Nunez and that “fucking left hander” (Flav’s name for him. lulz).

In other words, on paper – they did their damn job, especially considering the parts we already had. I put this all on the players.

43. blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:44 pm

That quick video cut to the reporters booth, showed Tracy Ringolsby in the cowboy hat (HOF – journalist), who used to work for the Sherpas, is now working for the Dodgers? I didn’t know that.

44. Macdog said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:45 pm

The Cards have lost, so the top WC spot is safe for another day.

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:56 pm

Jesus, even Kirk Niewenhuis (?) has 12 HRS, Mac…

• Macdog said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:00 pm

He hit 3 in one game last year for the Mets. My buddy from the Yanks game was there to witness it.

45. blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Very, very nice play by Span. No idea how he caught that.

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:53 pm

He’s probably thinking the same thing…

• blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:54 pm

It was so smooth. Great route. As much as I like Pagan – he would only make that play in his dreams.

46. blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:53 pm

Off topic . . . Doing a slow burn that Brock Turner, the @#!%$&* rapist is scheduled for early release in September under California law, which gives county jail inmates credit for good conduct. I hope that judge, Persky, gets recalled.

• alleykat69 said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Yeah fuck that Blade!
      And he better not have a brother named Justin..

47. alleykat69 said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:53 pm

Dawg,
    Mike Torrez a nice call for Matt Moore, I’m still leaning with Andre Either though.
    Loo give me a unshaven Either pic please..

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:58 pm

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:00 pm

I think Torrez wins, Kat. It’s the eyebrows…

• wilcojoe said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:01 pm

That’s pretty darn close. Good call Kat!

48. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:56 pm

Steve, completely agree that the front office did their job, both in the off-season and late July. It’s all on the players. I still wonder what they’re talking about, though, especially the players…. “Well, candlesticks always make a nice gift” …. 🙂

• blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:01 pm

lulz. Also, by September 14th, I’ll be watching games either in the morning or on tape delay via Fox Asia or via Gamecast dots (along with you).

49. snarkk said, on August 25, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Just saw Brenly in the booth on the Dbacks broadcast. Maybe he should manage the giants. He looks fit enough to go out and play third- and commit 4 errors in one inning again…

50. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:03 pm

At least Pence is showing good speed running out his dribblers…

51. willedav said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:05 pm

SD, seems to me I hear the name Tyrone a lot less these days.

52. alleykat69 said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:08 pm

Damm this game has the same script going as last night. We get the early hits can’t do shit with them. Their no-hit but one Bomb away from frustration again…

53. Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:13 pm

I kinda like the name Rooster for an RV too. But hey, one more time, can I get a witness for COOTER?

• blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Only Cooter I know . . .

• zumiee said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:22 pm

Yeah, Cooter sounds redneck-ish.

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:23 pm

what 1977 rv wasn’t red-neckish?

54. Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:15 pm

Moore looks like Rob Nen to me esp with the hat on. I don’t see how no one else sees this.

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:20 pm

My life finally has a purpose…

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:23 pm

ok fuck that he looks more like Cooter than Moore. My bad.

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:29 pm

How about him?

• sandog said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Map Dawg is named after Trevor Wilson!

55. alleykat69 said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:20 pm

How about that!
    Little Joe Going yard baby!!!

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Did that only happen on my TV?

• Macdog said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:28 pm

A bonanza!

56. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:24 pm

I just noticed that Span’s batting helmet has the raised SF on it…

57. sandog said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:30 pm

I’M not surprised Span caught that ball. He’s a good center fielder.
    Snarkk: I would love for Brenly to be the guy who takes over someday for Bochy. I like his personality and the fact that he has Candlestick era San Francisco Giants bloodlines.
    Flav, your line yesterday that Panik and Crawford “don’t swing for the fences” cracked me up cuz I think that’s all both those guys ever do, but anyhow, it was good to see Panik get one out.
    “Tyrone” is worth considering. I will bring that up.

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:32 pm

maybe we expand the possible names. How ’bout “swingin’ for the fences” or some shit like that? “3 in 5?” “Humm Baby?” I’m assuming Cooter is still on the table. That’s good. Nice. Good.Thank God.

• sandog said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Maybe. Sounds a little Tommy Bahama-ish though.
        Damn, Kike almost caught that. Every time I watch him play, he does a bunch of little things that interest me.

• sandog said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:36 pm

“Impress” me

58. zumiee said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:34 pm

Totally agree about the rapist, Blade.
    I recently saw the documentary “The Hunting Ground,” about rape on college campuses. A heartbreaking and informative film. And makes a person angry to see how the colleges and the legal system let women down time after time. Colleges have a lot of money and influence, and do what they can to make the cases go away. A woman raped by Jameis Winston is interviewed in the film. He got away with rape, as have a number of college athletes over the years.

• willedav said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:40 pm

Very sad story indeed. The gals who reported stuff at Baylor were chastised for being in wrong place/doing wrong things at conservative religious oriented school.
      On msn is story about college wrestling coach in Wisconsin who reported an assault to police at request of victim’s Mom. They declined to charge and then school fired him for not going to them first, so he lost his job for doing the right thing.

• zumiee said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:45 pm

And, sadly, there are so many stories like that, many in the film. Faculty who were let go for speaking up for rape victims. The colleges claiming they were let go for other reasons. Some who won awards for their teaching.

• sandog said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:42 pm

That would be hard to watch. Just like it was hard to read the letter of that rape victim.

• Macdog said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:44 pm

I saw that too, one outrage after another.

• zumiee said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:48 pm

The courage of the women in the film to be in the film is very moving.

• blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:45 pm

Good posts Zum, Willie and SD.

59. willedav said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Posey is whacking this guy. Like to see rest of buddies knock this junkyard slop around the yard like Panik did.

60. Macdog said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:36 pm

How ’bout Yamid for the RV?

• sandog said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:40 pm

That’s good,Mac. Although I might have a tough time selling my partners on that.
      True story: I went to a Padre game earlier this year and a guy had on a “Haad” game worn Padre jersey! Well, probably not game worn, as he never played in a game for the Padres,but he did go to camp with them at one point.

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:43 pm

actually Mac is on to something. Is there still time to put “Haad” on the voting registrar? Maybe hang the jersey loosely and let it flap around (gently) in the wind as you’re traveling 35 down the 101. lulz…..

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:49 pm

i swear to god NO ONE uses lulz better than me! Right? I’m fucking stone cold $$$$ when it comes to lulz……

61. willedav said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:42 pm

On radio Miller said Moore shut out LA earlier in the Latrine with the Rays.
    Doing it again tonite; good to see as opposed to how they’ve lit up Bum.

62. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:48 pm

I always wanted to get an RV and name it…. Harvey……

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:49 pm

but you are now considering Cooter….yes?

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:50 pm

• sandog said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:52 pm

There are really only two of us who are passionate about leaving the RV. The other guy is kind of a much a guy who totally does not yet have the enjoyment in the RV and then.

• sandog said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:55 pm

Nice Paul. I’m writing that one down. One of the guys suggested “Irv” last night, kind of thinking along the same lines, but I like Harvey much better.
      Not wearing the Haad jersey to Finnerty’s and the Friday night game at Yankee Stadium is probably the single biggest regret of the summer for me. Although I do think it is quite possible I would’ve died of heat stroke if I had attemptedto do that.

63. Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Lemme tell you, I LOVE all these RV names. Cooter, Steve, Sherman, Harvey, Seattle Slew, Cooter 10,000 times again, fucking Cooter….It’s all solid gold. I will never own an RV but I’m not averse to traveling in one. I haven’t been in one since me and my college buddies took one from palo alto to LA to Vegas to the Grand Canyon and back to PA. And let me tell you, that was a wild ride. Exiting the black water wasn’t my job and I was stoked about that. I will see if I can find a pic of that trip and post it in tomorrow’s thread……

• alleykat69 said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Humpie might work as well for a Van name..

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:00 pm

have we tossed Skink into the mix yet? Come on, if Cooter is being seriously considered and I know that it is, then Skink should get some run. Just not as much run as Cooter…….

64. zumiee said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:54 pm

Has Belt always had that much of an uppercut in his swing? Seems like a bigger uppercut lately. No way he’s connecting on high hard stuff with that uppercut.

• James said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:12 pm

65. alleykat69 said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:56 pm

Turner is such a dumbshit.
    Plenty of time to use his glove, hello with a pitcher running..

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:03 pm

Justin Turner pre-juice:

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:31 pm

this gif, and I know you’ve posted it before, will always threaten Zummie’s Gif Lord status…..

• Lurker John said, on August 25, 2016 at 10:03 pm

LOL

66. willedav said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:56 pm

Nunez 1-10 in LA, 20 for 95 as a Giant, batting .211. 3 triples, of course 2 in the one game.
    this guy could be a real spark if he were to get on base more often and he does have some pop.

67. willedav said, on August 25, 2016 at 8:59 pm

I got your 2 out RISP nonsense right here.
    It really is a dumb stat to follow
    and bring up all the time, no rhyme or reason to it.

68. sandog said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Harvey is going to be on a pitch count this first year and not be allowed to leave San Diego County or to go further than about 50 miles into Mexico. Once we get some miles under his belt, stretch him out a little bit and gain some trust in him, I’d love to park him somewhere like Half Moon Bay for a good week and put an all invite out to any member of Flap Nation to come hang out for a day or two. How awesome would that be?

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:03 pm

Very awesome.

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:04 pm

if you do that, I will forgo my steadfast demand for the RV to be named it’s namesake since before birth, Cooter…And I will travel out to Half Moon Bay as the sun is falling, find Harvey’s parking spot, get out with my 6 pack and watch the sun set into the Pacific on the top of Harvey with as many Flappers as it can tolerate……

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Who’s supplying the LSD?

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:12 pm

you and Pawlie will come out here. I will make that happen. I’ll fly you guys out here on one of those Virgin American 2 for 1 vouchers, I have several. Never used them.

• blade3colorado said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:14 pm

In 2008, my ex-girlfriend (Katie) and I took her fifth wheel RV to most of the midwest States and British Columbia. Epic trek of 3 months. Lots of fun, coming immediately after a Belize SCUBA diving trip with her. Unfortunately, while hiking near Banf, I fell off a mountain (9-12 feet) and that precipitated my shoulder and bicep surgery. Man, she was pissed when I said to watch my dog (she had 2 of her own), as the pain was unbearable. Finally, I convinced her I was in serious pain and she agreed to watch my dog and continue without me. I made my way back to Denver via a rental car to Spokane (cha ching $700 to go 150 miles across the border) and a Southwest flight (another $500) to fly to Denver. About 2 weeks later, I had surgery. Ugh.

Have fun Peter and stay away from the RV hook up spots, except to dump your sewage and load up on water. Much better experience going to the “off road” accessible sites. Katie and I must have stayed at almost 2 dozen lakes and rivers during our trip. I will never forget it.

• willedav said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:22 pm

oh very cool.
      And bring game vids of your HS team.

69. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Ok, Craig, a little love for Cooter, I guess. But the only thing close to that name that I know is the great Ry Cooder, but I don’t picture an RV, I picture that big old classic yellow convertible he was driving on the cover shot of my favorite Cooder album…..

70. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:04 pm

The Urban Dictionary says cooter is a vagina.
    I did not know that…

71. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:06 pm

What happened to Pence?

• Macdog said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:11 pm

No idea.

72. alleykat69 said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Yeah I’m good with that Flav
    “The Skinkmobile” right up this Kat’s Alley🚐

73. snarkk said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:13 pm

I was just driving past Camelback mountain on the freeway and John Miller was coming in on KNBR like he was in the back seat. Then I got off the freeway and phtttt, nothing but mariachi music…

• sandog said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Gold.

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:15 pm

such a great post. Probably my fav today and there were many competitors.

• sandog said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:20 pm

I agree! There is something simply beautiful about that post. We could easily split a six pack of Banquet on top of Harvey breaking down how awesome that post is, and we still would only scratch the surface.

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:28 pm

who do i have to lean on to get Harvey on to the betting slip.

• James said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Adios, pelota.

74. sandog said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:14 pm

I wouldn’t mind seeing Gorkys Park one right here.

75. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Great to see Moore’s performance, he was probably the best of the trade deadline moves. He’s taken awhile to get traction, but I think he’s going to be good for the team down the stretch.

• James said, on August 25, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Yes, although LA has been lousy against left handers. The Tuesday night loss should not have happened.