Colin Kaepernick is a Joke

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 27, 2016

So let me start by saying, I am not the most patriotic person on the planet. Not by a long shot. There are countless things in my country’s history, both current and past, that I am embarrassed by. But I still thank God I am allowed to live here. I appreciate the gift of freedom as I know it. I don’t own a flag but I don’t think it’s going to far out of my way to stand and look in the direction of one when the national anthem is being played. I just checked Colin Kaepernick’s salary breakdown. He got a 12 million dollar signing bonus and now has 61 million dollars guaranteed at a rate of 19 mil a year. And he is going to ride the damn bench, at best. So when I hear this simple fuck saying this shit, I just cringe:

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color,” Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game against Green Bay. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

Listen up you dope, you don’t have to “show pride” in the flag, just fucking stand there and honor it. If you want to protest bad cops that’s fine. I’d probably stand right next to you in unison. But to disrespect a country that allows you to make 19 million dollars a year to do JACK SHIT is the height of clueless hubris. Why don’t you fly your dumb ass to Syria and see if they’d be willing to pay you that kind of dough to warm a bench? I’d like to see Kaep try to make it a week in Syria just trying to stay alive.

No one is stopping him from taking some of his millions and helping people of color. Maybe he’s doing that already, I don’t know. But to happily cash those checks every week in a country that allows him to do just that and then openly disrespect the flag that protects his right to do so is just beyond me. I can’t fathom that type of stupid.

End of rant. Cut his fucking ass TODAY.

1. unca_chuck said, on August 27, 2016 at 8:38 am

Free to be stupid.

2. willedav said, on August 27, 2016 at 9:04 am

you know he was better off just ignoring media and keeping his mouth shut.

Feel bad for GH, but anyone taking the under in a Cal game is in for bad news. Yes, the O will be fine–running game is good, QB understands the format even if some of his receivers aren’t very experienced, yada yada.

But to give up 31 points vs. a team that sucks like Hawaii, ugh. They were getting blown off line of scrimmage a lot and the back up running back torched them. If Rainbows hadn’t put the ball on the ground a couple times deep in their own territory score might have been different.

And yes Kenley Jansen now has 6 blown saves, same as Casilla. All I’m saying is this guy is hardly invincible and the GKE(Great Karmatic Equalizer) just might come back to bite them over dealing Opie’s buddy Ellis to the Phils.

It also appears the Braves have appeared at the right time, a sign that the GKE has chosen to smile upon the Giants form.

• gianthead said, on August 27, 2016 at 10:25 am

I got Cal at -20.5 and Cal wins by 20…how does Vegas do it????

3. djloo27 said, on August 27, 2016 at 9:15 am

He’s right:

4. dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 27, 2016 at 9:16 am

Kaepernick is such a tool. Acknowledging his juvenile actions is more than he deserves.

I went to the game last night but not much to report. It appears that the team won. Samardzija went 7 innings for the win. I don’t know if you guys know this but he played football in college. He was a wide receiver! Can you believe it?

• Flavor said, on August 27, 2016 at 9:25 am

Sure. I hat Notre Dame lots. I watch way to many completions to him.

• Flavor said, on August 27, 2016 at 9:30 am

Meant hate. They’ll all a bunch of ass hats too

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 27, 2016 at 9:32 am

I just think it is funny how Flemming, Miller and K&K always mention it as if it’s relevant.

• djloo27 said, on August 27, 2016 at 9:37 am

Like Bob Gibson playing for the Harlem Globetrotters? Or Burkett and bowling?
        I think they’re just fun facts that everyday viewers get tired of hearing…

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 27, 2016 at 9:42 am

Yes, dj. Like those. Kirk Rueter’s shed would fall in there somewhere too.

5. djloo27 said, on August 27, 2016 at 9:32 am

I loved ND WR Jim Seymour when I was a kid. I didn’t even know he had passed away…

6. Lurker John said, on August 27, 2016 at 10:35 am

Kap seems unable to sticking his foot in his mouth, and this latest fiasco may be the worst of all. This isn’t going to endear him to fans with whom he is already on thin ice. Given how poorly he played last night, one more game is all I’d give him. Make a significant leap in performance or we’re going to start looking at ways to get rid of you, which is probably nigh on impossible in reality. Someone said something about the Broncos maybe being desperate enough to take a flier on him.

Christian Ponder ain’t no star but he’s more than capable of filling the #2 QB role until such time as the Niner front office deems it time to bring in a viable fucking NFL QB prospect, assuming that does not turn out to be Jeff Driskel.

Kaepernick wore out his welcome about 18 months ago. This whole thing has gotten to be ridiculous and keeping him around will only serve to distract a team trying to get back on its feet. Don’t waste a valuable roster spot on this turd.

7. gianthead said, on August 27, 2016 at 10:41 am

Even though I thought when he became the starter he was going to be the next great Niner, Kaep has proven himself to be a douche…this just proves it..

• Lurker John said, on August 27, 2016 at 11:02 am

A lot of us thought that, GH, and he gave us reason to. I was still on board at the start of last year. But he can’t stop fucking up and worst of all he can’t play QB any more. Cut him.

8. snarkk said, on August 27, 2016 at 10:54 am

It will be interesting to see if the 130+ pitches for Moore curtails his next start. The guy has to get his pitch counts down, no question about that…

• Macdog said, on August 27, 2016 at 11:19 am

Giants are off Monday, so Moore does get an extra day of rest. I wonder if that factored into Bochy’s decision to leave him out there.

9. snarkk said, on August 27, 2016 at 11:30 am

Apparently the Broncos wanted Kap, but the Niners wanted them to eat all his salary, Broncos wanted Niners to pay $5 million of the $12 million due for 2016, or some such. Kap made two trips to Denver in the off season, so the interest was real. If true, I don’t understand why the Niners did not do the salary split and trade the guy. Are they that cheap?…

10. Macdog said, on August 27, 2016 at 11:36 am

The Yanks should just put up the monument for Gary Sanchez already.

11. Macdog said, on August 27, 2016 at 12:12 pm

From Baggs: Giants say Jake Peavy won’t start tonight. On DL with lower back strain. Albert Suarez recalled and will take the ball vs. Braves.

• snarkk said, on August 27, 2016 at 12:25 pm

Well, management already used a shoulder problem to DL Blanco. I forgot what was strained with Cain. This one sounds like that nasty DL bug has moved to a new area of the body — amazing how that bug finds the guys that are sucking. Sounds like Sabevans are getting serious about winning…

12. dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 27, 2016 at 12:12 pm

They really ought to do the same with Pence and call up another bat.

13. unca_chuck said, on August 27, 2016 at 12:16 pm

Kap appears to be doing all he can to get cut. As protests go, this is pretty stupid.

14. unca_chuck said, on August 27, 2016 at 12:18 pm

Taking the ferry to the game tomorrow. Never done that. Anyone else out there going?

Tony Romo broke a bone in his back. The Dak Prescott era begins.

15. Flavor said, on August 27, 2016 at 12:35 pm

Suarez tonight. peavy to DL

• zumiee said, on August 27, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Yay!
      (sent from the BART)

16. Flavor said, on August 27, 2016 at 2:44 pm

like the 3 and/or the 9 to hit the super in the Travers, Loo

• Flavor said, on August 27, 2016 at 4:03 pm

sucks. 9 hit 4th at 26-1. I had all aspects of the super except the 1 hole. 🙂

17. djloo27 said, on August 27, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Cubs down 3-2 top 7th. Still batting with 2 out and 2 on.
    They’ve been up for about 45 minutes.
    Every once in awhile Baez actually throws a pitch…

• Macdog said, on August 27, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Nothing like a 7-minute AB to keep fans tuned it.

• Macdog said, on August 27, 2016 at 3:44 pm

But I think Exaggerator just finished.

18. willedav said, on August 27, 2016 at 5:45 pm

Meanwhile, the guy Kaep replaced went 20-30 for 180 in first half tuneup tonite as Chiefs romped Bears, who had 20 yds in entire first half, with Cutler.
    Not his biggest fan by any means, but letting go Smith will haunt Niners for long time.

• blade3colorado said, on August 27, 2016 at 5:48 pm

I don’t pay too much attention to football anymore, but I always liked Smith. I recall Twin liking him a lot too.

19. zumiee said, on August 27, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Giants scrubini lineup tonight.

• djloo27 said, on August 27, 2016 at 6:14 pm

Understatement, Zum…

20. blade3colorado said, on August 27, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Fortunately, they are not playing the 1927 Yankees.

21. Macdog said, on August 27, 2016 at 6:30 pm

Craw-bomb!

22. willedav said, on August 27, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Wow Suarez ropes one and then gets wild pitched to 3b.
    Braves baseball awfully hard to watch—reminds me of mid 80s. One year they lost 106, much to Skip Caray’s consternation.

• Macdog said, on August 27, 2016 at 6:58 pm

And gets left there.

23. unca_chuck said, on August 27, 2016 at 7:01 pm

The problems with the 49ers aren’t Alex Smith/Kaepernick. They are with the GM Trent Baalke.

They haven’t restocked the talent Scotty MclLoughan drafted.

• willedav said, on August 27, 2016 at 7:58 pm

All due respect, NIners QBs (most important guy on the team) suck and have for a while.
      Gabbert in his career unlikely to win more games than Smith has for either Niners or KC.
      Not saying it’s all his fault but he’s at mediocrity level of pro QBs.

24. unca_chuck said, on August 27, 2016 at 7:08 pm

Gabbert is basically Alex Smith so we’ll see what happens there. Once defenses take away the short passes, the O may be in trouble.

25. zumiee said, on August 27, 2016 at 7:50 pm

Folty got his curveball going and that’s just murder on the Giants.

• blade3colorado said, on August 27, 2016 at 8:00 pm

How about you? We’re behind, so are you waiting to cast your spell in the 9th inning? Or, are you in the process of a chant or incantation to reverse what seems like a loss? Or, are you still deciding on these three spells:

Spell #1
      For the greater good of all and with harm to none,
      This spell is bound, and will not to be undone.
      By the power of three times three,
      As I will, so mote it be.
      Be gone Braves!

Spell #2
      By karmic power number three,
      This spell tied and knotted be,
      so that its contents stay together,
      and can’t harm human, beast or weather.
      I command the Giants to win!

Spell #3
      Now’s the time of the three times three;
      This spell I bound. So mote it be! Let the Giants win!

26. willedav said, on August 27, 2016 at 7:54 pm

Screwed .up inning there. Not a bad idea to put Panik back up at top of LU, but they are 1-9.

Triple O…I went to an A’s game years ago with a buddy of mine who had twin daughters that were HS softball players.
    Texas lead off guy was Oddibe McDowell, who wore 0.
    I liked the guy so when he came up to bat I said ,”Ah, number Oh is Oddibe McDowell.”
    The girls looked at me like who?
    Then he struck out. One of them says, “oddibe is a wannabe.”
    The other says, “Yeah. Ought to be on the bench.”

27. zumiee said, on August 27, 2016 at 8:07 pm

Well, I’m doing what I can, fellas. This crappy lineup tonight isn’t a lot to work with, though. 🙂

• willedav said, on August 27, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Serious. another f-ed up inning with guy on 2b who never is advanced.
      Nunez since his 4-4 game vs. Mets is 4-26, 2-18 this week including Sunday.
      As a Giant over all 20 for 99.
      Seems to be a better player than that; hope he gets it going.

28. willedav said, on August 27, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Dang, 3 IF dribblers off Jim Johnson to end it.

29. Macdog said, on August 27, 2016 at 8:46 pm

When even zumiee can’t get a W, I’m not sure what can help this team after such a desultory performance.

30. dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 27, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Anyone see or hear why Belt was out of the LU? Last minute hunch that Gillaspie would somehow avoid an 0 for 4?

• snarkk said, on August 27, 2016 at 9:38 pm

Bad neck…

31. snarkk said, on August 27, 2016 at 9:48 pm

Posey is 29 and they are constantly saying he’s “banged up”. From what? What’s the deal with this guy? He’s lost his power stroke, that’s for sure…

32. kfreez said, on August 29, 2016 at 8:50 pm

That is the most beautiful blog. Ever. Thank you.