Arizona in September

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 9, 2016

Some solid words at the end of yesterday’s dark day thread: Red Rocks and Star Trek are two topics I could discuss forever.

Now, it’s back to reality. On the surface, it’s a nice looking match up against a bad team in a hitters yard. Sadly, we have the worst VMI for hitters on the board and if you think that’s a joke take a look at what happened to Colorado yesterday when they toted the worst VMI on the board into San Diego. I played Clayton Richard blindly and was rewarded.

Plus, Ruby de la Rosa is back and I seem to remember her shutting us down at least once last year….

But whatever, when faced with adversity Kirk would just bang the shit out of some green chick and let Spock figure out how to fix that episode’s conundrum. There has to be some type of analogy we can take from that and use in a positive way in today’s game……

1. snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 10:52 pm

Does Bruce Bochy want this team to actually get to the playoffs?
    He wears this bullshit. I barely got my WTF is he leaving Casilla in to pitch to Lamb posted, and the ball was sailing out of the park. FUUUUUUUUCK Bruce Bochy. The entire Flap is saying NO NO NO, and Bochy continues this bullshit. FUCKKKKKK him. This is absolutely insane and indefensible…

2. mrsprtdude said, on September 9, 2016 at 10:53 pm

Just saw. I’m so mad right now. I seriously think Bochy should be fired. How can you announce he sucks so bad and then bring him in. This is the worst

3. gianthead said, on September 9, 2016 at 10:54 pm

Keep throwing it outside…rather walk Tomas…

• gianthead said, on September 9, 2016 at 10:55 pm

I’ll take it…

4. snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 10:54 pm

Bochy appears to want to leave this guy in to lose the game, so he can then can his ass. Is that what is going on here?…

5. pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2016 at 10:55 pm

just WP it so we can go to bed

6. pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2016 at 10:56 pm

what a CF this crew has become

7. zumiee said, on September 9, 2016 at 10:58 pm

8 blown saves. That’s kind of hard to do.

8. snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 10:58 pm

I cant’ remember when I have been as pissed off at a Giants manager as right now.
    This was predictable. Lamb OWNED Casilla. You have a lefty ready in the Pen. A lefty you traded good prospects for, and just for this kind of situation.
    But, no.
    Boom. Game tied.
    WHAT THE FUCK?
    If this were New York or Chicago or Boston, Bochy would be friggin crucified, regardless of how this game finishes. I don’t give a shit how many rings he’s won, Bochy is out of his freekin mind!….

9. pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2016 at 10:59 pm

why am I up. I must be deranged. I mean, if they win by 10 runs it still feels yucky. I wanna make some sort of blind date analogy but it’s too late for cleverness.

10. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2016 at 10:59 pm

This is how I feel:

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:03 pm

but in Technicolor 3D

• sandog said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:05 pm

I highly recommend muting the game and watching this. Very therapeutic.

11. alleykat69 said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:03 pm

Im gonna walk this hot babe home from my local watering hole and and then we looked up and the fucking tv and watched fucking Dipshit Casiila Fuckup again and my prospect of getting laid went down with my boner!
    Fuck Casilla you cost me a lay tonight you fucking asshole!!!!!

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:04 pm

you and Jake Lamotta are hurtin

• snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:05 pm

Fucking Gold, Kat!….

12. zumiee said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:04 pm

Those D-Back jerseys make their backs look sweaty.

13. Macdog said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:04 pm

Dare I suggest it: Bunt with Posey?

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:05 pm

it doesn’t matter. I toldya. Dback are on their knees and we walk away.

• snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:07 pm

Yeah, Pawlie.
        DBacks are begging the Giants to win, and Bochy refuses to take it without offering them a shot at Casilla…

14. pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:06 pm

they are offering to sign on the dotted line of a contract that says WE LOSE and we won’t sign

• snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:09 pm

maybe Bochy is feeling guilty about winning 3 rings recently, and doesn’t want to look greedy…

• sandog said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:10 pm

YOU GET THEM TO SIGN ON THE LINE THAT IS DOTTED! FIrst place is a set of steak knives. Second place is you’re fired!

15. mrsprtdude said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:07 pm

Posey. A hard hit ball. A good sign. Kuiper in full on home run call. I raise my arms and then he says caught.. Lame

16. sandog said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:08 pm

If we scratch out another one run lead….who do we toss the keys to??? Nathan? Gearrin?

17. snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:08 pm

Crawford can’t even drive a fly ball for a sac.
    This is just unbelievable stuff. It is beginning to be laughable…

• sandog said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:19 pm

I’m already there. I’ve been cackling like Mozart for the last 45 minutes.

18. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:08 pm

They not only suck, they’re fuckin’ dumb as shit…

19. Macdog said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:10 pm

Miller incredulous that Span didn’t even try to slide.

• zumiee said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:14 pm

I had a similar reaction. Span just gave up on the play like, why bother?

20. mrsprtdude said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:11 pm

2 runners on. NO hits….You KNEW Pence going to get out for the 1st time. We are doomed. I was out, but the lure of the game calls me back. Can’t take it for sure now.. Good night

21. snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:12 pm

I would rather the Giants end this charade early tonight. I’d like more time to listen to the post-game tirades on KNBR, which will be amusing. I might even be motivated to call in and offer one myself, and call for the immediate firing of Bruce Bochy…

22. pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:14 pm

this is like spending 100 bucks in abrothel, but they only served you coffe. so you stay for another 100 bucks. you stay. Well, I’ve seen enough. Had enough ‘coffee.’ Gnight, girls. Gads.

23. sandog said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:15 pm

There’s no way this game ends on anything other than a long walk-off homer. It’s just a matter of when…

24. unca_chuck said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:16 pm

‘Watching’ this on game cast at 12:30 in Colo. There’s something wrong with me. Watching the little dots fuck up is much less irritating than seeing it in person. Is Bochy trying to write his ticket out? WTF with Casilla? I’m not doing cartwheels with the over Will Smith, but to let Lamb face Cacasilla is nuts.

25. snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:20 pm

There is virtually no way this thing ends well for the Giants…

26. eddacker said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:24 pm

when you say ‘this thing’ you are meaning the season, right?

• snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:27 pm

I mean the game, but it might as well be the season. They lose this one and they could tank the series…

27. sandog said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:25 pm

Good for Nathan. That was impressive.

• Macdog said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:26 pm

Ha, beat me to that same thought.

28. zumiee said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:26 pm

Gutsy performance from Nathan.

• snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:29 pm

Nathan should be given a shot to close.
      Casilla should just be given a stool in the clubhouse and a lollipop.
      Bochy needs to go fishing for a week, let Wotus manage…

29. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:32 pm

• sandog said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:36 pm

You’re still with us! I’m a little worried about you, but you’re still with us!

30. sandog said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:34 pm

Nunie looks like he’s bunting with a telephone pole. Give me a fucking break.

• willedav said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:42 pm

Specs bails him out!
      Dude has got to get some run

31. snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:36 pm

Nunie has a poor poor bunting approach. He leans back from the damn pitch with a half assed effort at pushing the bat squared to the ball. Sheezus…

32. eddacker said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:40 pm

specs-tify can I get an amen?

33. Macdog said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:40 pm

Specs does it again!

34. snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:40 pm

Why has Specs been in Sac all year? He’s the only guy around here with clutch gonads…

• zumiee said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Because Agent OOO is so good.

35. sandog said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:42 pm

Don’t be afraid to cup the hand a little bit when trying to one hand a major league pop up!

36. zumiee said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:42 pm

Idiot D-Back fan.

37. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:43 pm

So now who comes in?

38. snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Well, I’ll give the Giants credit, they’ve come back several times, and still can win, despite the best efforts of Bruce Bochy to lose this one…

39. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:45 pm

Bochy is having a wretched year,,,

• zumiee said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:47 pm

He really is. Maybe the health issues are a big factor.

40. willedav said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:45 pm

Buddy mine would intentionally bean Lamb I’m sure but it looks like that’s why Lopez is up.

41. snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:48 pm

This is interesting. Has Bochy seriously lost it?
    Gearrin to left field, to come back against Goldy?
    I’m getting a drink now. This is one of the weirdest games in a long time…

42. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:49 pm

Bochy officially senile…

43. sandog said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:49 pm

Wow, Bochy is going all Joe Schultz on us with Gearrin in LF. I love it! Stomp the piss out of ’em and go pound some Budweiser!

44. snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:51 pm

Lopez with the nice walk of Lamb, a nice $15K one batter walk or thereabouts. So, now a Goldy HR wins this puppy. This team just cannot win anything easily…

45. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:51 pm

Does Guerrin get 8 more warm up pitches?

46. zumiee said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:51 pm

Lopez with his usual walk.

47. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:52 pm

Does Guerin get credit for 2 appearances?

48. sandog said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:52 pm

Rod Serling should be making an appearance any second now. I would have loved to have seen a liner in the gap out near Gearin,and the way this game is going, i’m surprised it didn’t happen.

49. snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:53 pm

Flemm and Kuip jizzin’ all over themselves about Bochy’s move with Gearin. Yet, not much pointed comments on the Casilla monumental screw up…

50. snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:57 pm

I could walk to my bathroom, take a dump and get back to the computer in the time it takes Guerin to make a pitch…

51. gianthead said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:57 pm

Give me a T…

52. willedav said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:59 pm

Ponderous slug appearance always an adventure.
    Either gets the save or the L.
    Wow Castillo can’t believe it and gets tossed. Hale is way too calm, should be all over this guy.

• willedav said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:02 am

20 seconds before he even looks at Posey. yeow
      Does he have to get behind every single hitter?

53. Macdog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:00 am

What a gift.

54. gianthead said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:00 am

That was as much of a third strike as the one Belt took…

55. djloo27 said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:01 am

We’ll still lose…

• willedav said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:06 am

unbelievable. Props to you and Mac for sticking it out.
      Gearrin, idk, does not deserve to be part of the committee, along with some others.

56. snarkk said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:02 am

CIA now using this game’s broadcast at Guantanamo instead of waterboarding…

• blade3colorado said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:03 am

lulz

• gianthead said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:04 am

Or listening to heavy metal…

57. gianthead said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:03 am

Give me an O…

58. Flavor said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:05 am

hahahaha. wow.

59. gianthead said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:05 am

Give me an R-T-U-R-E….

60. snarkk said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:05 am

IDK about you guys, but I’m exhausted…

• willedav said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:08 am

Even the first 5 innings took 2 hours.
      Props to Pence tho, guy really could give them a lift. Clutch game tonite.

61. Flavor said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:06 am

i did one of those fall asleep/wake up things that GH does. I am really looking forward to seeing this Casilla bomb at mlbtv

• willedav said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:10 am

Keep an eye on where Posey’s glove is, and where the pitch winds up. Casilla just has zero command, way too many pitches nowhere near where they are supposed to go.

62. Macdog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:06 am

Nathan gets the win!

• Flavor said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:07 am

you get the win, dude. The goddamn sun is rising soon outside your window and you’re still here.

• Macdog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:10 am

Lulz, even if I was asleep, my dog would probably be pestering me soon to let him out.

• zumiee said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:07 am

• djloo27 said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:52 am

Fuck him, too…

63. snarkk said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:06 am

The team should all be awarded, except Casilla, the Croix de Bochy.
    They came back twice and won this thing, despite the insanity of their manager in trying to lose it…

64. Macdog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:07 am

Does Gearrin get a hold and a save?

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:20 am

wasn’t Gearrin a LF? that’s a LaRussa / Maddon move.

• djloo27 said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:26 am

He learned it from the 11 year old manager in “The Kid From Left Field”…

65. eddacker said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:07 am

that’s my boyz
    had it all along.
    cheers to the east coasters hanging in there.

66. djloo27 said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:08 am

I hate Giant baseball…

67. snarkk said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:08 am

All you ECoast Flappers deserve a medal, or a ticket to Bellevue for staying up so late for this shit !….

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:19 am

one-way ticket to Bellevue

68. Macdog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:11 am

And we gain a game on the Dodgers!

69. djloo27 said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:12 am

WE SUCK!!!

70. sandog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:12 am

Gutsy win. I didn’t see that coming. And yes, cheers to east coast guys. Most emotional game of the year for me and you guys flooded the board with great posts.

71. Flavor said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:13 am

what did the dugout shots of Bochy look like after Casilla gave up that bomb?

• sandog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:18 am

I didn’t notice. I was too busy howling like Frank Gorshem in a green body suit with a big question mark on the chest.
      Can someone hook a brother up with a GIF to go along with that??

• Macdog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:20 am

• zumiee said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:29 am

Very angry. Bochy threw his chewing gum, and threw up his hands.
      Bochy being the only person on the planet shocked by the results.

72. snarkk said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:15 am

I feel like going into a multi-syllabic post game tirade of four letter words of epic proportions against Bruce Bochy, but I’m too tired. And, it would disrespect the effort of this team to persevere and win this tilt despite his insane, sorry ass. He was trying to let Casilla win his personal ego contest against Lamb, which Lamb had owned so far this year. Instead of thinking about winning the damn game. That is clearly what that bullshit move to leave Casilla in was about, and it sucked, was totally wrongheaded. Is it possible Casilla is still going to be used somehow? I can’t say that’s impossible, not in the slightest, with this manager. Fuck Bruce Bochy. With extreme prejudice. G’nite…

73. pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:15 am

So I tried to sleep. Couldn’t. Texted a Mets fan. I assumed with a man on 3rd, he scored on Nathan. I get a text. Worked out of jam. Then I found the game on my new-ish smartphone, At Bat app, and I see we are up a run in the 12th. I catch flemming. I hear the end. It’s a W. Still feels like getting gyped at the brothel. But hey.

74. pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:16 am

It’s a little late here. 3:16 a.m. What was the point? No, I do not wanna go get breakfast. Fuckit.

• sandog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:20 am

I would say the latter…

75. pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:18 am

Were the Giants spirited after the win? Or more like, phew. Man. Let’s shower and sleep???

• zumiee said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:32 am

Belt looked slumpy shouldered, and I didn’t see a lot of smiles.

76. djloo27 said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:21 am

Just chewed 2 baby aspirin with a 10 mg. valium. Washed down with a Bud Light…

77. eddacker said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:23 am

was anyone watching the local nbc feed? did they stay till the end?

• zumiee said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:34 am

78. pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:25 am

fuckyouall, my lovely Flappers…g’night…fuh real….maybe

79. pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:28 am

If I weren’t alone, I’d have to ask for help getting to sleep. No further explanation from me on that.

80. pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:31 am

from Baggs [read him]:

Bochy wandered blindfolded onto the interstate, and the results were predictable. Lamb hit another home run, making him 4 for 8 with four home runs in his career against Casilla.

81. pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:33 am

Baggarly:

But Casilla finished the inning, Joe Nathan got the game to the 12th, and after Kelby Tomlinson’s single up the middle gave the Giants another lead, Bochy had one more card to play.

It was a brilliant one. He had Cory Gearrin start the 12th for one out, then sent him to left field while Javier Lopez pitched to Lamb. It was the first time a Giants pitcher played a position other than on the mound since Noah Lowry in 2005, and the first time a Giants pitcher had gone to play a position and return to the mound since Keith Comstock did it in 1987.

• zumiee said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:37 am

Lopez brilliantly walked his one batter.

82. djloo27 said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:34 am

I want Willie Randolph here next year…

• Macdog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:38 am

Get some sleep.

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:40 am

you too [but HOW??????]

83. pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:40 am

I think even the strip clubs are closed at this hour.

84. zumiee said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:42 am

Pence’s face-plant catch into the screen wall is the real deal. A reminder of the kind of team effort that won 3-in-5.