Arizona in September

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 9, 2016

Some solid words at the end of yesterday’s dark day thread: Red Rocks and Star Trek are two topics I could discuss forever.

Now, it’s back to reality. On the surface, it’s a nice looking match up against a bad team in a hitters yard. Sadly, we have the worst VMI for hitters on the board and if you think that’s a joke take a look at what happened to Colorado yesterday when they toted the worst VMI on the board into San Diego. I played Clayton Richard blindly and was rewarded.

Plus, Ruby de la Rosa is back and I seem to remember her shutting us down at least once last year….

But whatever, when faced with adversity Kirk would just bang the shit out of some green chick and let Spock figure out how to fix that episode’s conundrum. There has to be some type of analogy we can take from that and use in a positive way in today’s game……

1. gianthead said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:57 pm

Give me a T…

2. willedav said, on September 9, 2016 at 11:59 pm

Ponderous slug appearance always an adventure.
    Either gets the save or the L.
    Wow Castillo can’t believe it and gets tossed. Hale is way too calm, should be all over this guy.

• willedav said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:02 am

20 seconds before he even looks at Posey. yeow
      Does he have to get behind every single hitter?

3. Macdog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:00 am

What a gift.

4. gianthead said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:00 am

That was as much of a third strike as the one Belt took…

5. djloo27 said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:01 am

We’ll still lose…

• willedav said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:06 am

unbelievable. Props to you and Mac for sticking it out.
      Gearrin, idk, does not deserve to be part of the committee, along with some others.

6. snarkk said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:02 am

CIA now using this game’s broadcast at Guantanamo instead of waterboarding…

• blade3colorado said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:03 am

lulz

• gianthead said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:04 am

Or listening to heavy metal…

7. gianthead said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:03 am

Give me an O…

8. Flavor said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:05 am

hahahaha. wow.

9. gianthead said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:05 am

Give me an R-T-U-R-E….

10. snarkk said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:05 am

IDK about you guys, but I’m exhausted…

• willedav said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:08 am

Even the first 5 innings took 2 hours.
      Props to Pence tho, guy really could give them a lift. Clutch game tonite.

11. Flavor said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:06 am

i did one of those fall asleep/wake up things that GH does. I am really looking forward to seeing this Casilla bomb at mlbtv

• willedav said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:10 am

Keep an eye on where Posey’s glove is, and where the pitch winds up. Casilla just has zero command, way too many pitches nowhere near where they are supposed to go.

12. Macdog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:06 am

Nathan gets the win!

• Flavor said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:07 am

you get the win, dude. The goddamn sun is rising soon outside your window and you’re still here.

• Macdog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:10 am

Lulz, even if I was asleep, my dog would probably be pestering me soon to let him out.

• zumiee said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:07 am

• djloo27 said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:52 am

Fuck him, too…

13. snarkk said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:06 am

The team should all be awarded, except Casilla, the Croix de Bochy.
    They came back twice and won this thing, despite the insanity of their manager in trying to lose it…

14. Macdog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:07 am

Does Gearrin get a hold and a save?

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:20 am

wasn’t Gearrin a LF? that’s a LaRussa / Maddon move.

• djloo27 said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:26 am

He learned it from the 11 year old manager in “The Kid From Left Field”…

15. eddacker said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:07 am

that’s my boyz
    had it all along.
    cheers to the east coasters hanging in there.

16. djloo27 said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:08 am

I hate Giant baseball…

17. snarkk said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:08 am

All you ECoast Flappers deserve a medal, or a ticket to Bellevue for staying up so late for this shit !….

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:19 am

one-way ticket to Bellevue

18. Macdog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:11 am

And we gain a game on the Dodgers!

19. djloo27 said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:12 am

WE SUCK!!!

20. sandog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:12 am

Gutsy win. I didn’t see that coming. And yes, cheers to east coast guys. Most emotional game of the year for me and you guys flooded the board with great posts.

21. Flavor said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:13 am

what did the dugout shots of Bochy look like after Casilla gave up that bomb?

• sandog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:18 am

I didn’t notice. I was too busy howling like Frank Gorshem in a green body suit with a big question mark on the chest.
      Can someone hook a brother up with a GIF to go along with that??

• Macdog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:20 am

• zumiee said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:29 am

Very angry. Bochy threw his chewing gum, and threw up his hands.
      Bochy being the only person on the planet shocked by the results.

22. snarkk said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:15 am

I feel like going into a multi-syllabic post game tirade of four letter words of epic proportions against Bruce Bochy, but I’m too tired. And, it would disrespect the effort of this team to persevere and win this tilt despite his insane, sorry ass. He was trying to let Casilla win his personal ego contest against Lamb, which Lamb had owned so far this year. Instead of thinking about winning the damn game. That is clearly what that bullshit move to leave Casilla in was about, and it sucked, was totally wrongheaded. Is it possible Casilla is still going to be used somehow? I can’t say that’s impossible, not in the slightest, with this manager. Fuck Bruce Bochy. With extreme prejudice. G’nite…

23. pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:15 am

So I tried to sleep. Couldn’t. Texted a Mets fan. I assumed with a man on 3rd, he scored on Nathan. I get a text. Worked out of jam. Then I found the game on my new-ish smartphone, At Bat app, and I see we are up a run in the 12th. I catch flemming. I hear the end. It’s a W. Still feels like getting gyped at the brothel. But hey.

24. pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:16 am

It’s a little late here. 3:16 a.m. What was the point? No, I do not wanna go get breakfast. Fuckit.

• sandog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:20 am

I would say the latter…

25. pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:18 am

Were the Giants spirited after the win? Or more like, phew. Man. Let’s shower and sleep???

• zumiee said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:32 am

Belt looked slumpy shouldered, and I didn’t see a lot of smiles.

26. djloo27 said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:21 am

Just chewed 2 baby aspirin with a 10 mg. valium. Washed down with a Bud Light…

27. eddacker said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:23 am

was anyone watching the local nbc feed? did they stay till the end?

• zumiee said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:34 am

28. pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:25 am

fuckyouall, my lovely Flappers…g’night…fuh real….maybe

29. pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:28 am

If I weren’t alone, I’d have to ask for help getting to sleep. No further explanation from me on that.

30. pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:31 am

from Baggs [read him]:

Bochy wandered blindfolded onto the interstate, and the results were predictable. Lamb hit another home run, making him 4 for 8 with four home runs in his career against Casilla.

31. pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:33 am

Baggarly:

But Casilla finished the inning, Joe Nathan got the game to the 12th, and after Kelby Tomlinson’s single up the middle gave the Giants another lead, Bochy had one more card to play.

It was a brilliant one. He had Cory Gearrin start the 12th for one out, then sent him to left field while Javier Lopez pitched to Lamb. It was the first time a Giants pitcher played a position other than on the mound since Noah Lowry in 2005, and the first time a Giants pitcher had gone to play a position and return to the mound since Keith Comstock did it in 1987.

• zumiee said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:37 am

Lopez brilliantly walked his one batter.

32. djloo27 said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:34 am

I want Willie Randolph here next year…

• Macdog said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:38 am

Get some sleep.

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:40 am

you too [but HOW??????]

33. pawliekokonuts said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:40 am

I think even the strip clubs are closed at this hour.

34. zumiee said, on September 10, 2016 at 12:42 am

Pence’s face-plant catch into the screen wall is the real deal. A reminder of the kind of team effort that won 3-in-5.