A Win And We’re In

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 2, 2016

A loss, and we have to deal with an irritating trip to St Louis (if they win tonight). Although I have to think that if it turns out to not be a Matty Moore Sunday, and we lose, Voggy will be all out to take care of business in the night cap.

I can’t say enough about Cy Blach. The dude toils in the minors all year while Bochy mindlessly trots out Cain and Peavy over and over. Do they Giants know how to scout their own players? Because this is the second year in a row that a guy has come up and been lights out (Chris Heston in 2015).

The Dodgers have to unfurl the lamest of line ups today, right?

1. Flavor said, on October 2, 2016 at 6:46 pm

this guy is classy as hell.
    Cardinal70 ‏@C70 2m2 minutes ago
    @1flapdown77 I might not get a chance tomorrow, but extend my congrats to the site. You took care of business and my best for October.

• djloo27 said, on October 2, 2016 at 6:53 pm

Sure is.
      I’m all set for Wednesday…

• willedav said, on October 2, 2016 at 7:30 pm

Definitely. And SF had to win them all because they spanked Pirates.
      Vogs, pls retire and spend your life with Nicole.
      Most everyone would still say you were a good Giant.

• Lurker John said, on October 2, 2016 at 8:55 pm

Oh, hell yeah. Gamer.

2. gianthead said, on October 2, 2016 at 7:12 pm

Rain at Citi Field on Wednesday??? Is there a better sign???

• gianthead said, on October 2, 2016 at 7:16 pm

One thing that we can throw at the Mets and Syndewhoever is we can have 6 lefties in the lineup…

• willedav said, on October 2, 2016 at 7:31 pm

Be nice to have Nunez.

• djloo27 said, on October 2, 2016 at 7:35 pm

I was just thinking that, but my guess is Johnny Drama earned the start Wednesday vs. the righty…

3. mrsprtdude said, on October 2, 2016 at 7:44 pm

Span hitting over .300 the last week, and that was before today. On a roll

• Macdog said, on October 2, 2016 at 7:58 pm

Span might be the only one whose average went up after the All-Star break: .248 to .263.

4. snarkk said, on October 2, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Before the Wed game, I am going to go off insulting Span.
    It worked today, it can work again…

• Flavor said, on October 2, 2016 at 8:26 pm

perfect. I love me some good Invisible Span bashing.

5. snarkk said, on October 2, 2016 at 8:11 pm

I gotta hand it to the Giants.
    They had to win this last week to get into the WC game. And, they got it done. No way I figured they could sweep LA, even with LA managing for their upcoming series.
    As for Kruk — he said on radio yesterday on Kruk & Kuip that Bochy was Manager of the Year, so he repeated it again today apparently. Kuip was for Dusty, and I agree with him. Kruk does engage in hyperbole a bit…

6. djloo27 said, on October 2, 2016 at 8:15 pm

How about Collins?
    No team was more beat up by injuries…

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 2, 2016 at 8:25 pm

I have not typically been a big fan of Collins, but I’ll hand it to him. He worked miracles. Every AAA guy seemed to shine.

Till now.

#herewecome

• Macdog said, on October 2, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Or Roberts?

7. Flavor said, on October 2, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Bochy was borderline awful this year and it was without question his worst year as manager of the giants. I hate to admit it, but Dave Roberts as a rookie manager dealing with a record number of DL players did a fine job managing this year. I wouldn’t quibble if they gave it to him. Plus, after winning 3 WS in the last 6 years I really could give zero shits about individual awards. Go ahead and give it to the *kid*.

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 2, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Bochy sure made some maddening moves. I don’t like to recall those Casillan Catastrophes. Inexplicable. Yet here we are. (Somewhere Bochy himself said it was his toughest year, esp. with the bullpen.)

8. djloo27 said, on October 2, 2016 at 8:28 pm

Bochy is not even in the discussion this year…

9. pawliekokonuts said, on October 2, 2016 at 8:30 pm

Who knows. They might even name Mattingly, just for getting through the last week.

10. snarkk said, on October 2, 2016 at 8:37 pm

Nats have only one lefty starter — Gio Gonzales, and he’s been crap all year. Dodgers eat righties alive, and flail against lefties. Dusty has his work cut out for him…

11. snarkk said, on October 2, 2016 at 10:36 pm

OK, Giants. WC game coming up.
    Forget the recent second half. This is now the REAL second half.
    Another playoff roll — WTF NOT?…

12. unca_chuck said, on October 2, 2016 at 10:47 pm

Watching the game now and I’m surprised no one mentioned Gillaspie humping the camera as he caught the foul ball. Hell of a play. And a hell of a close to the season! Moore has rounded into form and Bummie and Cueto look solid. Samarge has also done well as well. Keeping our own pen at bay is proving to be our best strategy. Samarge may be our pen guy at this point.

This year really does remind me of 2014 what with the stagger down the stretch and the play in playoff game on the road with Bummie going for the win.

13. zumiee said, on October 3, 2016 at 2:08 am

A quirky ironic thing that Scully did the play by play for this.