Buckling To The Pressure

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 19, 2016

The Cubs are proving once again that a team that coasts through the regular season is never a lock to succeed in the post season. Some of the Cubs players complained in September that it “felt like Spring Training.” There is something to this. It’s a challenge to go from not feeling pressure for months to suddenly being thrust into the knuckle-gripping stress of the post season. Adding the additional pressure of “Are they really going to lose this?”  is probably making it that much worse. ESPECIALLY for a young team. The Cubs can dig themselves out of this because they are better than the Dodgers. But right now it’s clear which team is handling the pressure of October baseball and it’s not the youngsters from Chi-town.

#FreeStix! RPOTD! (this is a good one that gives a quick glimpse into his *disgust with the corporate crap*. I feel like I am getting to know Stix better as I sift through his repetitive yet introspective posts….)

Carstie Clausen said, on June 25, 2015 at 10:32 am (Edit)

Chi: As much as i admire Belt, i do get the feeling that he may be past simple disgust with ATT. I’m disgusted with the owners for going along with that corporate crap, but they are greedy fuckers so it’s just fine with them not to dump the phonebill and go with Willie Mays Field. So it could just be that BB9 is quietly plumping for a trade.

Houston? They are swamped with prospects, both outfielders and starters. Thing is, SF does not have to trade Belt. They could hold out for one helluva package. There is no clearly dominant team in the Junior League, unlike with StL in the NL. The Stros haven’t been to the dance since long before they switched leagues. They could be hungry enough to make quite an offer for a guy who might well be the next Dave Kingman in their venue.

With some financial considerations added, Philadelphia might get a bite on a Cole Hamels offering. Problem is, they might want to add Howard as well.

1. willedav said, on October 19, 2016 at 7:08 am

Knew this was unwatchable. F the both of them. Zero sympathy for either NL team, long suffering fans, yada yada.

I also have zero sympathy for players who do shit like Osich and hide an injury and treat themselves. Pagan did same thing 2015 when he sucked at plate and in the field for months before finally getting something done no one will talk about; the player has the right to approve what gets said for publication here, not the medicos.

Brian Wilson did same thing 2011, only late in season admitting he blew his arm out 2010.

But honestly, how can you blame medical staff? They ask questions–any pain or discomfort/loss of range motion here when you move or do this/that. Unless you can inject players with truth serum you rely on what they tell you to diagnose proper treatment. Mind boggling stupidity.

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 7:31 am

I agree Willie. They might as well hire veterinarians to diagnose them if the players aren’t talking…

2. blade3colorado said, on October 19, 2016 at 7:25 am

Actually, they did this last year too against the Mets. They get a pass for those playoffs (where the Mets totally dominated them), but the Cubs will not have that excuse this time around. This next game is key I think. I hope they can pull it out against the Dodgers. However, with their existing zero offense, that’s not happening.

Regarding Stix, I actually think he’s found his calling, i.e., going against the government is something I think he has ruminated on for years. In short, I don’t know if I feel sorry for him. Shit, for all any of us know, he is enjoying this . . . I still remember the Mayer Rothschild quote in one of his first emails to me:

“Give me control over a nation’s currency, and I care not who makes the laws.”.

Basically, he was a proponent of a conspiracy theory where most of the world is secretly governed by a small group of men who operate behind the scenes. He called it “The Illuminati,” who are, in essence, a cartel of international bankers and industrialists based in Western Europe and North America. The names of certain families persist over long periods of time. Some of the most important names are Rothschild, Rockefeller, Morgan, Lazard, Warburg, Schroder and Schiff. The pivotal family is probably the house of Rothschild, the descendants of Mayer Rothschild (1743 – 1812) of Frankfurt. Anywho, that’s the basic framework of Stix’s world view, albeit, he also thought aliens were in the mix as well. lulz.

• chipower9 said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:43 am

Good synopsis on Stix, Steve. I have swapped many emails with him over the years around conspiracy theories, etc. Stix is not alone on the Illuminati. There are many who share his feelings on this topic.

Still hard to believe, regardless of what was going on in his life, that he would shoot at a fucking helicopter. He had to know the outcome of such a move.

We all make choices and he made that one. One way in which I would feel sorry for Stix is if he spends the rest of his days locked-up like a caged animal. Sure, he brought it on via his actions, but still, it is a sad picture, IMO, nonetheless.

• gianthead said, on October 19, 2016 at 10:03 am

The Lizard People Aliens vs. The Big Headed Aliens…ala Jams Carville representing the Lizard People vs. Kellyanne Conway reping the big headed alien race…and there is aoy of evidence that Hillary and Trump are really just androids being operated by these alien overlords….WORD!

3. djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 7:33 am

I pasted a couple of superb Stix posts at the end of the last thread.
    Definitely worth a look…

• willedav said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:01 am

Thx, those were great. Wonder where he was during mid late 60s when baseball took back seat for him. He did mention being out here at some point. Happening place SF was, with thriving club scene, all kinds of musical influences from Dead Janis Santana and others, thriving jazz scene (lot of famous recordings done at SF clubs like Blackhawk) and the widely varied bands Bill Graham brought into town.

Too bad too, because NL was full of tremendous influx of great black and latin ballplayers that peaked my interest. 80s Giants, not so much until Craig and Rosen got going.

• Flavor said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:44 am

hey– I forwarded an email to you, check it out

4. Flavor said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:10 am

Blade might be on to something re: Stix. I have a copy of his “Motion to reconsider detention.” I didn’t post it here because there were some very personal details in there that Stix might not want the rest of the internet to read. But here is one excerpt from it of him explaining why he needs to be let out to work on his case: “As a single homesteader living on a country landscape my accustomed social life of the last 20 years has been extremely limited. Under detention with 100 inmates of vary diverse cultures and backgrounds; my social life has been magnitudes more engaging than it has in many years–in itself fulfilling but distracting and dispersing of my energies…”
    So yeah, he probably does want out but this *fight* he’s getting is probably something he’s looked to coalesce his entire life and now he’s finally got his chance to see it through.

• unca_chuck said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:18 am

Yeah, that was a very telling sentence about his ‘social life being more engaging.’ ‘Fulfilling and distracting.’

Funny and sad at the same time, but I’m sure he’s got some decent juice for being the hairy old renegade hippie pot grower who tried to shoot down a fed chopper.

I just hope they have internet out there in Clearwater and he gets to follow the Giants.

• blade3colorado said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:46 am

Yeah, I see him being a celebrity at the joint he is housed at. Sort of an older, hopped up, Andy Dufresne. This has to be better than mowing the north forty and sleeping with a dozen cats.

• Flavor said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:48 am

“mowing the north 40 and sleeping with a dozen cats…” that is pure, unadulterated GOLD

• chipower9 said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:46 am

Platinum, Blade…

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:56 am

5. unca_chuck said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:14 am

Yeah, the Illuminati is fun shit. I think everyone at some point questions the reality around them and wonders if it is all some sort of Ozian construct. Especially for people who start getting in to recreational pharmaceuticals and grew up in the 60s-70s.

The illuminati have been linked to the French Revolution, the Russian Revolution, our independence, and countless other events. Fucking Trump is channelling this as he touts that Clintons is hell-bent on getting rid of national borders, and the globals bankers yadda yadda yadda and shit.

I mean really. Hillary’s been dying to become president of the US as some sort of divine right for centuries now, so the first thing she’ll do is get rid of America to form some sort of world government? Right. That makes sense.

• Lurker John said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:16 am

Since when do politicians do anything that makes sense, Chuck? All they give a shit about it winning.

6. blade3colorado said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:40 am

Yesterday afternoon, I saw The Accountant, with Ben Affleck. The chief antagonist is a martial arts trained math savant (Affleck), who is suffering from severe autism. When you get past the loony premise of a anti-hero with autism, it’s fairly interesting. I see a sequel coming . . .

7. Flavor said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:13 am

• chipower9 said, on October 19, 2016 at 10:05 am

LMAO…

• gianthead said, on October 19, 2016 at 10:07 am

That is gold as well…hilarious…

8. Lurker John said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:15 am

I predict the Dodgers are going all the way this year. To me, they just have that look, much like the Giants did in 2010. They’re playing well and they’re playing loose, getting good D, pitching and timely hitting. They roughed up Arrieta last night. I don’t want them to win, but I believe they are going to take the Series.

Genius Joe Maddon has the 1000 yard stare going in the dugout, as if he can’t believe his beautiful team of destiny is getting knocked around by the pedestrian Dodgers. Once again, good pitching trumps good hitting and half the Cub’s lineup is stinking it up at the bat.

Watching the playoffs so far, it strikes me that if it wasn’t for the shit bullpen the Giants would be in this position right now. Their pitching was dominating the Cubs as well. Cueto would’ve won game 5 and the G’s would be involved in an epic battle royal with the dog ears for the rights to go to the WS. You could see it in the eyes of Theo Epstein in game 4. He was shitting bricks and dreading the prospect of going back to Chi town for game 5.

Cheers. Hope all ends well for Stix. The feds have way too much power and intrusion into the lives of ordinary citizens and Stix’s situation is just another injustice . Fuck ’em.

Oh yea, my choice is for the Indians to take it all.

• chipower9 said, on October 19, 2016 at 10:06 am

Unfortunately, I share your feeling about the bambinos winning it all. Sigh…

• chipower9 said, on October 19, 2016 at 10:10 am

Regarding good pitching trumping good hitting…the Cubs had the best team ERA and WHIP throughout the regular season. But, it is all about getting hot at the right time, and it looks like the suck-ass bambinos of la la land are getting hot…

• Lurker John said, on October 19, 2016 at 5:02 pm

Absolutely. The Dodgers are pitching well right now, the Cubs are not. Boo hoo.

9. Bozo said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:18 am

Years ago I also thought the ballpark should have been named after Mays, but really, Pac Bell was built on the bat of Mr. Bonds.

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:29 am

Well, they do have Willie Mays Plaza, right? But maybe only the locals and the big fans know that.
      I’d say the average baseball fan surely knows McCovey Cove.
      I would imagine Mays is too old to care about this kind of stuff…

• Bozo said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:58 am

I seem to recall Willie being pretty stoked when they first unveiled the address as 24 Willie Mays Plaza with his statue and the 24 palm trees up front. But yeah, these days he probably doesn’t think much about it.

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 10:37 am

Sometimes I imagine what it would be like to have his memories – his mental picture of all the things he did on the field…

• Bozo said, on October 19, 2016 at 11:28 am

Yeah Loo, I always wanted to watch a ball game with him and to hear the way that he saw the game.

Back in the 80s the Giants had a short lived cable channel called Giantsvision, they had a guy named Phil Stone doing the broadcasting and I remember him doing some games with Willie. Man, those were awesome and sometimes pretty funny. They stopped inviting Willie after he said, aw shit, or something like it on air.

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 12:13 pm

I think about actually being in his head while he’s chasing down Wertz’ drive and thousands of other moments that we’ve never even seen on film. Basically being him and being able to see the mental images stored in his brain. For all I know there may already be technology that can do that…

• Lurker John said, on October 19, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Still should’ve been named after Mays.

10. djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:22 am

I’m all for Stix, but would I feel the same way if it was my son piloting the copter?
    Probably not.

11. zumiee said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:24 am

How bad are the polls right now for Trump? There are some polls that have Hillary ahead in Arizona. Arizona! If Trump is having to defend Arizona, then he’s really in some big electoral trouble.

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:33 am

Arizona, hey won’tcha go my way…

• Flavor said, on October 19, 2016 at 11:41 am

Trump disagrees. Every pool he tweets either has him tied or in the lead. Every single one. lol

12. chipower9 said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:36 am

Craig (and Loo and others) thanks for digging-up these Stix-Gems. Some great Stix posts shared by Loo at the end of the last thread. Thanks, Loo!

Kat posted towards the end of yesterday’s thread about filling out the team next year, saying “Tell ya what P/A, I’m going be one pissed off Flapper along with others if the Giants don’t get one of the 3 top closers Melacon, Chapman are Jansen!
    They have no excuses at all not getting one, overspend so what? 50mil plus coming off the books, tons of cash to toss around…”

While the Giants do have about 50 mil coming off the books next year, when you look out multiple years, they will also be adding a lot. Craw and Belt get significant bumps over the next few years. Belt goes from 2.8 next year (a bargain) to 16 mil for years 2018-2021. Craw goes from 8 mil next year to 15 mil years 2018-2021.
    So, that will be 32 mil per year more put out, for two players, beginning in 2018.

With all that said, I still think they will go get a closer from the outside, and I think Melancon will be the primary target. Hope they bid on Chap and Jansen just to drive up the prices.

The rest of the bullpen will be satisfied internally, I believe, and I think it should be a pretty good bullpen.
    Will be interesting to see if they go get a true power-hitting LFer. I am NOT holding my breath on that one, as that has not been “The Giant Way,” of late.

ONLY 127 days until pitchers and catchers report!

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:53 am

You’re welcome, Chi. You actually complimented him on that first one later on in the thread…

• chipower9 said, on October 19, 2016 at 10:13 am

I just appreciate you guys digging up these gold nugget posts of Stix’s…he is quite the guy, and I sure as hell miss his prose and wit here at Flap Universe…

And I agree that I feel for Stix, but if it was my son or daughter piloting the chopper, probably not.

13. gianthead said, on October 19, 2016 at 10:17 am

I am going to submit a question to Chris Wallace for tonight’s debate:

“Did anyone witness Stix allegedly fire at a federal helicopter????”

I am so pissed about this state of Fodgers against the Snubs primarily because I now think alike with Lurker and others that we had a real shot to win Game 5 at Wrigley. FUUUUUUUUUKKKK!!!!

Even though I thought the Snubs would destroy the Fodgers, the Tribe certainly will…I hope…the Fodgers are no Giants of 2010!!! Our bullpen up and down were unhittable…Fodgers have one arm they can rely on with Jansen. Maybe they can still screw up Kershaw’s arm…

14. djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 10:40 am

Maybe we can get Obama to grant Stix a pardon on his way out of office.
    Didn’t Ford or somebody just pardon everyone in sight on one of their final days as President?

• blade3colorado said, on October 19, 2016 at 10:53 am

President George Washington issued 16 pardons between 1789 and 1797. Franklin D. Roosevelt granted the most— a jaw dropping 3,687 pardons. Roosevelt, however, is the only president to serve three terms—12 years—in office. Ford did 409. No idea how many Obama has done, although I know he has a soft spot for drug crimes.

• blade3colorado said, on October 19, 2016 at 11:04 am

Loo, do you remember Roger Clinton? If the name sounds familiar that’s because he is the half-brother of former President Bill Clinton. In 1985, Roger Clinton was arrested and pleaded guilty for cocaine-related charges. He served more than a year in prison and was controversially pardoned more than a decade later by his brother, Bill Clinton. After his criminal record was erased, he was charged with drunk driving and disorderly conduct in two unrelated incidents. lulz.

I think Stix would manage to behave if given home probation . . . Throw in a gas lawn mower and I have no doubt!

• blade3colorado said, on October 19, 2016 at 11:07 am

Clinton also pardoned Patty Hearst.

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 11:56 am

Vaguely remember the Clinton thing I think.
        Didn’t Ford pardon Nixon?
        If so, that was a biggie…

• gianthead said, on October 19, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Draculoo, Clinton was the one firing off pardons in his final hours, one being this Marc Rich scumbag that there was a lot of chatter that Clinton was boning Rich’s NY socialite ex-wife…funny side story. Rich was represented by one Scooter Libby, who was Dick Cheney’s chief of staff.

Who was Scooter Libby’s lawyer when Congress started investigating the pardons? None other than my old boss, Fred Fielding…

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Thanks GH, I thought it seemed more recent than Ford…

15. Bozo said, on October 19, 2016 at 11:44 am

The city of Orange New Jersey put up a statue of Monte Irvin and named a park after him, which is pretty damn cool.

Now, if the town changed it’s name to the city of Orange and Black that would be awesome.

• zumiee said, on October 19, 2016 at 11:51 am

Nice!

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 11:54 am

Why couldn’t they do it when he was alive?

• Macdog said, on October 19, 2016 at 1:53 pm

There’s also nearby East Orange, West Orange, where my father grew up, and South Orange, home of Seton Hall.

16. djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 11:57 am

I think Ron Santo was voted into the HOF during his funeral…

17. djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 12:34 pm

Never know what you’ll find in the archives.
    Just ran into this San Dawg gem:

SanDawg said, on February 23, 2012 at 7:24 pm (Edit)

“Goofus holes up in the bathroom and hordes all of the cocaine for himself”

“Gallant hooks up all of his friends when he has blow”

18. unca_chuck said, on October 19, 2016 at 1:05 pm

Who are Goofus and Gallant?

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 1:23 pm

From the children’s magazine “Highlights”…

• alleykat69 said, on October 19, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Damm I remember that children’s book Loo.Everytime I went to the dentist to get drilled on that mag was the only one they had laying around in the waiting room.
        You think they could of thrown me a bone atleast and had Mad Magazine as well with SpyvsSpy!!

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 3:19 pm

You’re so right, Kat. Every dentist office I’ve ever been in had Highlights and National Geographic – not much else…

• Lurker John said, on October 19, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Strong memories of those two and the magazine.

19. unca_chuck said, on October 19, 2016 at 1:58 pm

ahhhh, lost to the mists of time….

20. alleykat69 said, on October 19, 2016 at 2:25 pm

I’m really leaning to get Jansen as our closer, not only to stick it to the Dogpile but he’s just built like a closer that would hold up well.And his stuff is nasty with a cutter that reminds me of Mariano Rivera that works both against lefties and rightys with different movement. He’s also only 29 compared to Melacon at 32 so the shelf life will be longer imo..

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Would be great, but I doubt LA will be outbid…

21. Macdog said, on October 19, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Congrats to the Tribe.

22. zumiee said, on October 19, 2016 at 3:49 pm

“Didn’t Ford pardon Nixon?
    If so, that was a biggie…”

It cost Ford any chance he had of defeating Carter.

Setting the election ramifications aside, though, his pardoning of Nixon is OK, in my opinion. Nixon had to resign the presidency in utter humiliation. I don’t see what would have been accomplished putting him in one of the minimum security “country club” prisons. He lived out his life in a kind of prison, anyway; a broken man, a social pariah, desperately trying to tell anyone who would listen why he wasn’t such a bad guy. And few wanted to hear it. And history hasn’t redeemed him much. His handling of the Vietnam War was a disaster. He gets a few points for opening up relations with China, and helping to get the Cold War thawed a bit. Signing the bill into law that started the Environmental Protection Agency was a good moment for him. But Watergate, of course, showed him to be the political thug he had always been. He’s become a cartoon character. A Bond villain. I don’t see that legacy changing for a very long time.

• gianthead said, on October 19, 2016 at 4:07 pm

And who has Trump modeled his candidacy after??? You got it…Richard Nixon…

23. djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 3:53 pm

• zumiee said, on October 19, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Eegads, that Cleveland logo is hideous.

Nixon’s preserved head-in-a-jar is a recurring character in the cartoon Futurama.

24. wilcojoe said, on October 19, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Bozo mentioned Giantsvision above. I remember as a kid in the eighties, begging my parents to order that for us. Back then you could purchase it a la carte, individually by the game. For some reason, you had to have a special reciever to watch the games, so you had to go to the local cable company and rent this clunky box like a DVR. I think it was like $25 to watch a weekend homestand but you had to return the box by a certain day or incur late fees. That was always a big thrill for me on the rare occasions my dad would actually do it.

The shit we take for granted today.

• gianthead said, on October 19, 2016 at 4:09 pm

My parents were so cheap Wilco that we only had tv antennas my whole childhood….

25. zumiee said, on October 19, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Hillary’s strategy tonight: no major gaffes, rise above the Trump stuff, and give a nice summation at the end, humbling asking Americans for their vote.
    Trump’s strategy tonight SHOULD be to act like a grown-up, show some class, and try to act presidential. But, of course, we won’t see that. It will be his usual freak-show act. He really has no clue about how much a general election is different than the primaries. Hopefully, he doesn’t drag the whole nation through the mud too much tonight. And hopefully he doesn’t dangerously incite violence from fringe elements among his followers.

26. djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Guess who drinks this:

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 5:12 pm

stixwiz said, on September 30, 2010 at 9:36 pm (Edit)

Pinch me. Am i awake? Re-roofed my kitchen this afternoon while the game was on, so missed most of it on this superlative, sunny, deep blue sky day here in the Northwoods. Had a good feeling about it as per my post this morning. After the 8th, with that 4-1 lead, i even (gasp!) turned off the puter and drove off to the nearest watering hole for a couple Grain Belts where it was Happy Hour. Fitting.

Getting home from the bar i was pretty beat from a busy day, checked in on the big “W” and hit the sack for a couple hours. Back to the puter and DAGOS LOSE. Done in by the revivified Cubbies. Wanna know how good the Giants are? We took two of three hard-fought games from them just a few days back in Wrigley!

Even put in a few words (few for me, anyway) at the Splash by way of rounding third and heading Home to the Flap. Not many doomers there this evening for some odd reason. Any guesses as to why?

Padres got their backs to the wall. Tomorrow night (Orange Friday) they get to face that Alabama countryboy on his motherfriggen 26th Birthday. Anyone think he might not have just a smidgeon of motivation with the chance to nail down the Division against toothpaste Richard?

We had a pretty big party against the Dodgers on my birthday two weeks back. It was a flippen fiesta. Let’s have a much, much bigger one to open the month of October so Matt the Horse can celebrate in high style.

Go Halloween Machine!

27. Lurker John said, on October 19, 2016 at 5:08 pm

Hey Kat, watching Jansen in this series has me hoping we can sign him too. He doesn’t seem to throw as hard as he used to, but he’s been nails.

28. Lurker John said, on October 19, 2016 at 5:10 pm

Chief Wahoo rocks. Go Indians.

29. zumiee said, on October 19, 2016 at 6:16 pm

Rizzo, .077
    Zobrist, .091
    Heyward, .125
    Russell, .000

• zumiee said, on October 19, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Hey, they did something!

30. xoot said, on October 19, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Cubs show signs of life! Here by the Bay when it was time to have an after work drink, we enjoyed a spectacular sunset and a warm off-shore breeze. Earthquake weather. Maybe the waning moon’s gravitational tug won’t be strong enough to kick start anything. Yeah, we’ll be fine . . . .

• snarkk said, on October 19, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Yeah, October is earthquake weather, and also when the East Bay/Oakland hills fire happened in 1991…

31. Flavor said, on October 19, 2016 at 7:52 pm

I was happy the Tribe won but that was a booooring series. Tonight’s game in LA is hopefully a sign that the NL series will heat up

32. willedav said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:02 pm

Saw column noting that regardless of who wins WS someone’s long drought will end. Tribe were last in vs. Braves right, the one year ATL won after all those division titles via the David Justice HR. Good for them and good luck vs. NL, neither of whom I can stand to watch.

• Macdog said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Indians lost to Marlins in ’97 two years after losing to Braves.

• xoot said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:27 pm

I remember Matt Williams waving at a lot of breaking balls off the plate in 97. I was rooting for him. He did ok in the WS, though.

33. Macdog said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:07 pm

I’m having fun stumping co-workers tonight with this: Who did the Indians beat for their last World Series title?

• Flavor said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:31 pm

i couldn’t have gotten that if you’d given me 10 guesses.

• gianthead said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:35 pm

Not the Fodgers is it???

• Macdog said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Not them.

• gianthead said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:38 pm

Trick question:) I was not right…which I am glad about…

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Damn. Had the right answer and changed my mind.
      Happens a lot at the track…

• gianthead said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Thank God the Snubs have come to life…that horrid debate made me want to jump off a bridge…

34. djloo27 said, on October 19, 2016 at 8:44 pm

I would love to try an ice cold Grain Belt.
    Anybody ever?

35. alleykat69 said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:01 pm

1948 Indians won a W/S my parents were at Little Big Horn but I was just a twinkle in their eye.Though I still wonder why they named me broken rubber..

36. snarkk said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:19 pm

Trump’s Spin machine will be on overdrive tonite. He won this last debate because while on stage, he didn’t grab Hillary by the “p***y”…

• James said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:36 pm

The only player in this election more despicable than Trump is Assange. He deserves a few rounds of waterboarding after wearing that “Truth” T-Shirt.

37. James said, on October 19, 2016 at 9:31 pm

Is there an umpire who gets more calls wrong than Angel Hernandez? Rizzo recorded kissing his ass after Angel screwed up that huge, admittedly tough call at home was pretty humorous.

I was amazed to to see that Hernandez didn’t finish at the very bottom of umpires blowing ball/strike calls in that statcast analysis issued a couple years ago (he was in the lower third, I think).

38. blade3colorado said, on October 19, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Regarding Nixon, I dislike the guy, but compared to Republicans today, I would take a Congress, Senate, and President modeled on Nixon every day and twice on Sunday. As noted by Zumiee, he was responsible for EPA. However, are you all aware that he signed the OSH Act of 1970? Nixon did more for liberal/progressive/workers rights than Carter, Clinton and Obama combined (and I love Carter and Obama).