Go Indians!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 31, 2016

Before last night’s game I was hoping Cleveland would bounce the Cubs and end this series once and for all. I am not really feelin’ baseball right now and will be just as happy to start focusing on the hot stove. But now I am hoping this goes 7 and *Cubbie* fans get the full blown feeling of losing. Their nervous angst, hand wringing and praying in every tv shot is beyond annoying.

I wonder if their are any Brown’s fans who aren’t Indians or Cavs fans. There have to be, right? Suckers.

_____________

#FreeStix! RPOTD– this one was in response to the MadBum signing—that team friendly deal that Loo loves to loath so much. As usual, this is a Stix post with a LOT going on in it.

stickman said, on March 23, 2015 at 8:54 am (Edit)

One of your best postings Steve ~ a real cri de coeur. Being an albeit moderately well travelled countryboy myself i maybe have an insight or two into this myself. Our ace is simply not much ensorcelled by the buzzers and bells of materialist toys and fun and games. He’s real. Down-home. Once the place is paid for, the wife is happy and plenty of hay in the barn the dude is satisfied. He doesn’t even hafta pursue the bitch goddess fame. She came to him with open arms.

1. Flavor said, on October 31, 2016 at 7:50 am

Daren Willman ‏@darenw 21m21 minutes ago
    Aroldis Chapman threw 19 pitches 100 MPH+ yesterday. More than #Twins #Brewers #Dbacks #Indians & #BlueJays have thrown since 2008 combined

2. gianthead said, on October 31, 2016 at 7:59 am

There was a game last night????

• gianthead said, on October 31, 2016 at 8:00 am

I was too busy losing money in college and nfl:( lost one tease because AZ had to go for 2 pt conversion instead of just a PAT and of course failed…f me…

3. chipower9 said, on October 31, 2016 at 8:02 am

I am glad to see those loveable losing Cubbies extend the series. I am still pulling for a cubbie miracle and an end to the goat.

But really, as I have mentioned each and every time, I just want to see a seven game series, and some exciting baseball. And if the Tribe wins, that is cool, as I sure as hell like watching them play, too. Last night’s game qualified for exciting. The Tribe putting runners in scoring position during the late innings certainly added to the drama of a tight game.

Go Cubs!

4. unca_chuck said, on October 31, 2016 at 8:40 am

The way the Cubs are using Chapman makes me think they aren’t going to sign him after the next couple games.

• snarkk said, on October 31, 2016 at 9:15 am

I don’t wish ill, but the guy is an elbow injury waiting to happen…

• eddacker said, on October 31, 2016 at 11:50 am

you’d think they have decided not to use him again till end of G7. but he has always wanted to start – maybe 8 outs doesn’t slow him down?

5. unca_chuck said, on October 31, 2016 at 8:44 am

Go Cubs! Saw the last couple innings last night. Nail-biting shit.

Shit, Flav, if the Niners were playing even shitty I’d be winning the bet. AZ sucks balls. Like I thought. I didn’t think we’d be this bad. We only gain ground when we don’t play.

• Flavor said, on October 31, 2016 at 9:03 am

What bottle r u getting me?

• unca_chuck said, on October 31, 2016 at 9:09 am

Apparently Almaden Mountain Nectar (used to be $5.00 a gallon) isn’t around anymore . . .

I’ll come up with something . . . Would you prefer Ripple or Mad Dog?

• alleykat69 said, on October 31, 2016 at 10:00 am

Boone farm gut rot wine?

• Flavor said, on October 31, 2016 at 11:02 am

how ’bout a 6 pack of that beer Stix used to drink? Loo will remember the name. Grain something?

• djloo27 said, on October 31, 2016 at 12:01 pm

Grain Belt Beer

• chipower9 said, on October 31, 2016 at 11:03 am

What bet you guys got going on? I would go MD 20/20 or Thunderbird…

• Flavor said, on October 31, 2016 at 1:08 pm

If niners have a better record than AZ I give him a bottle of silver oak cab. If AZ has better record I win something equivalent to what is discussed above

6. James said, on October 31, 2016 at 9:00 am

I remember looking up “ensorcelled.”

• Flavor said, on October 31, 2016 at 9:04 am

I just figured that had auto corrected to a dead word

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 31, 2016 at 9:40 am

I had to look it up.

7. snarkk said, on October 31, 2016 at 9:45 am

I don’t think we needed convincing given the Giants 3 out of 5, but the importance of a stout Pen for playoff success is showing itself again, in spades. I don’t know if anybody left in the current Giants Pen (assuming Lopez, Romo, and Casilla are gone) is worthy of a can’t miss back on the roster situation. None of the guys still left make my putter flutter. They could replace the lot of ’em and I wouldn’t miss anybody…

8. alleykat69 said, on October 31, 2016 at 9:57 am

If I’m Lester I’m not to happy with Maddon, he’s been pulled early in 2 starts this postseason when he was still pitching lights out!!

• chipower9 said, on October 31, 2016 at 11:01 am

I was thinking the same thing, Kat, and they were mentioning the stress it puts on the team when someone gets on base, and Lester lets ’em run wild. But still, I think I would have let Lester start the 7th. With all that said, the dude (Lester) needs to learn to hold runners and throw over to the fucking base. I have never seen anything so fucking ridiculous in regards to a SP.

9. Flavor said, on October 31, 2016 at 11:06 am

Bad news all the way around for our buddy in the clink. Xoot sent me 2 documents that basically reject his request to be released. I didn’t understand all of it, to be honest. One line that doesn’t bode well for our # 1 potato peeler: “The evidence at the preliminary hearing was that nothing was seen and the helicopter was heading to the next property…” To me, that’s probably just made up shit by the feds to fry Stix. Either way, doesn’t look good for him……..

• xoot said, on October 31, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Yeah, the news is not good. On a second reading of the US Attorney’s brief opposing various Stix motions, I think the interesting part is actually two sentences together: “The evidence at the Preliminary Hearing was that nothing was seen and the helicopter was leaving to the next property. The search that was done of the defendant’s residence was done pursuant to a federal search warrant. ” So even if the government ultimately can’t prove the facts alleged in the first sentence, the facts implied in the second sentence—warrant obtained after the shooting—could be fatal to any evidentiary challenges, even if Stix learns how to make the proper motions. So Stix remains in federal prison, awaiting trial.

• Flavor said, on October 31, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Thanks. I keep hoping he’s gonna show up here randomly telling a tale but I know that’s probably never going to happen now.

10. Irish Kevin said, on October 31, 2016 at 12:27 pm

If there is a game 7, who has the most pressure? I say the Indians, all they have to do is win 1!

11. unca_chuck said, on October 31, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Have you heard? What’s the word? It’s Thunderbird!

What’s the price? 30 twice . . .

Saw these guys about 4-5 times . . . never disappointed.

12. unca_chuck said, on October 31, 2016 at 1:00 pm

If you haven’t seen this site, it’s pretty damn funny.

• snarkk said, on October 31, 2016 at 4:29 pm

The review on Wild Irish Rose is pretty funny:
      “1. Wild Irish Rose
      What it is: Apparently named after a fact-based 1947 movie about Irish singer Chauncey Olcott (bam! Internet!), WIR has been warming bellies for more than five decades. We’ll call that a fine vintage.
      ABV: 17%
      Taste-test: The wine-iest of the lot, it basically tastes like Merlot with a terrible aftertaste, much like kissing Kathie Lee. It definitely has that “loaded with grapes” flavor, but also leaves tastes like regret and dark secrets. So yeah, Kathie Lee.”

All this fortified wine crap is about 17%-18% ABV, or around 35 proof. It’ll put you down pretty well, but dang, the headache has to be crazy. I remember having some T-Bird years ago, but I think it was that one time, and that was enough. The Gallo Bros., should have been ashamed to sell this crap, knowing who uses it and for what purpose, but E&J weren’t into shame much; more into the $$ incl. suing their brother Joe for using his own name for his farm products…

13. pawliekokonuts said, on October 31, 2016 at 7:50 pm

Francona has approached what I’ve proposed here a few times as a spin-off of the ASG: essentially do away with the notion of a starting pitcher — all arms on deck all the time. Everybody says arms would get ruined. Would they? Not if the workload is distributed. Yeah, a recordkeeping mess, but that’s why we have computers. Francona himself, I believe, said it wouldn’t work in the regular season. But my point here is that it has already influenced Maddon. That’s why Lester was pulled.

• unca_chuck said, on October 31, 2016 at 9:43 pm

It would throw wins and losses out the window.

14. unca_chuck said, on October 31, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Ever been bit by the Mad Dog?

As majestic as the cascading waters of a drain pipe, MD 20/20 is bottled by the 20/20 wine company in Westfield, New York. This is a good place to start for the street wine rookie, but beware; this dog has a bite to back up its bark. MD Stands for Mogen David, and is affectionately called “Mad Dog 20/20”. You’ll find this beverage as often in a bum’s nest as in the rock quarry where the high school kids sneak off to drink. This beverage is likely the most consumed by non-bums, but that doesn’t stop any bums from drinking it! Our research indicates that MD 20/20 is the best of the bum wines at making you feel warm inside. Some test subjects report a slight numbing agent in MD 20/20, similar to the banana paste that the dentist puts in your mouth before injecting it with novocain. Anyone that can afford a dentist should steer clear of this disaster. Avaliable in various nauseating tropical flavors that coat your whole system like bathtub scum, but only the full “Red Grape Wine” flavor packs the 18% whallop.

15. djloo27 said, on October 31, 2016 at 8:42 pm

Haven’t had one of these in ages. Any fans?

16. djloo27 said, on October 31, 2016 at 8:59 pm

I was heavy into these back in the 80’s:

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 31, 2016 at 9:10 pm

I have a vague memory of drinking a large can via the use of one of those metal openers-funnels you use to pour oil into your car, circa 1978.

• unca_chuck said, on October 31, 2016 at 10:30 pm

A buddy and I beer-bonged a 12 pack of Bud in under 5 minutes . . .

• snarkk said, on October 31, 2016 at 9:33 pm

Fosters, aka in Australia as piss…

17. zumiee said, on October 31, 2016 at 9:06 pm

This is my beverage of choice.

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 31, 2016 at 9:16 pm

groovy

18. unca_chuck said, on October 31, 2016 at 9:42 pm

Schlitz Malt Talls, baby. Or a 40 of Olde English 800 …

OE-800

19. zumiee said, on October 31, 2016 at 10:04 pm

Don’t anyone tell BF that Hunter Pence and his gal made a wacky video for Halloween dressed as Napoleon Dynamite characters. 🙂

20. unca_chuck said, on October 31, 2016 at 10:28 pm

Pence’s downfall leads right to those dumb-ass videos.

• snarkk said, on October 31, 2016 at 10:41 pm

Yeah, he’s seemed to have baseball troubles since hanging with that chick. He needs to marry her, be done with that an settle into boring married life like everybody else, stop that Paleo diet crap that doesn’t seem to be doing his body any good, and get back to staying healthy and hitting some dingers…