Ok, This One I Can Live With

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 1, 2016

There are a lot of things I’d like Hunter Pence to stop doing with that wacky chick he’s been engaged to FOREVER but this video made me laugh.

Of course I’d like to see his focus get back on to baseball, something that seems to take second place in his life since he started making stupid videos with his goofy girlfriend, but that was gold. Solid gold. Great movie, too.

Here’s a family man with a lot of shit going on but it’s nice, normal shit. And he still has plenty of time to focus on his craft:

__________________

#FreeStix! RPOTD–probably not feeling in the catbird’s seat these days  😦

Carstie Clausen said, on April 8, 2016 at 8:29 am (Edit)

Consider the fate of the Yankees fans. They were on top of the world for decades, to the point where they all took it for granite and became blase about the whole matter. Now that the Giants may be virgin on being the dominant team in baseball those of us who went through nothing less than DECADES of futility and floundering finally find ourselves in the catbird seat. And it feels good.

1. chipower9 said, on November 1, 2016 at 6:34 am

Great thread, Flav! Yes, I give a thumbs-up to that video, and agree…awesome movie. And with all that said, I agree: “Yo Hunter – lose the chick and focus on playing ball.”

• Flavor said, on November 1, 2016 at 6:45 am

forghorn leghorn—the greatest American cartoon character of all time.

• pawliekokonuts said, on November 1, 2016 at 7:02 pm

that’s great stuff

2. chipower9 said, on November 1, 2016 at 6:38 am

And agree with Stix…life is good in the catbird seat. Time to get back there next year!

Hoping the cubbies extend the series…I have asked for a seven gamer since the get-go. Go Cubs!

3. Bozo said, on November 1, 2016 at 7:44 am

“There is no fool like a careless gambler who starts taking victory for granted.” – Hunter S. Thompson

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I really enjoy it while the Giants are in the fight, the hunt for first is just the icing.
    I was disappointed this year because the team was built to win, yet it seemed to me that some players didn’t show up and others actually tanked it after the break. Still, they brought back the fight at the end to sweep the Dodgers, take the Mets and make the Cubs nervous and yes, I hoped for a different ending but that was fun.
    When they trot out next year’s team, I look forward to seeing what kind of fight they have.

• pawliekokonuts said, on November 1, 2016 at 7:59 am

Good recap.

4. pawliekokonuts said, on November 1, 2016 at 8:02 am

I think ‘In the Catbird Seat’ is a James Thurber story. I couldn’t bear to click on Pence’s (Hunter’s, not Mike’s) video. Not knowing the Napoleon Dynamite bit, it just looked annoying from the stills, and vaguely racialist condescending. Yeah, I’d rather see him tossing baseballs, riding his scooter, or reading baseball history, or my book.

5. unca_chuck said, on November 1, 2016 at 8:20 am

In case you missed it.

6. sfsarge said, on November 1, 2016 at 1:53 pm

They nailed the Napoleon Dynamite thing, one of my top 5 favorite movies….

At first I really wanted Cleveland to STPOO the Cubs. But, I’m conflicted. If the tribe wins, then LeBron wins. And eff that guy. I couldn’t stand for Cleveland to win two championships in the same year, just because of lebum and his stupid face…but OTH, just seeing that stupid Cubs jersey hurts. I was in the middle of their front office people when they beat our boys at home and it was extremely painful to watch them celebrate in our park. For me, there is no winner here. As long as the dogs got eliminated, that was it for me.

7. alleykat69 said, on November 1, 2016 at 5:12 pm

Screw the Cubs!
    Atleast the Indians have never railroaded a true baseball fan out of their city like the Cubs did to Steve Bartman.What Chicago ( supposed fans, media,talk shows,fire stations,police stations,hospitals,any clown around a water cooler )did to that poor bastard was just disgusting and for what?A ball in the stands that may are not been caught? That even years later atleast Moises Alou admitted I don’t know if I really could of caught it and I don’t blame him anymore ( took some guts by him to say that) but not the rest of Chicago EVER!!
    They can wait another 108 years as far as I’m concerned, and I’m sure they will find a few more excuses along the way to blame a new unsuspecting fan that will ruin his are hers life forever!!!

8. Macdog said, on November 1, 2016 at 6:05 pm

Looks like more rest for Miller.

• djloo27 said, on November 1, 2016 at 7:01 pm

They’re resting him up for a 3-4 inning save tomorrow…

9. snarkk said, on November 1, 2016 at 6:34 pm

Our friend Hunter Pence and bride-to-be seem to have way too much money and time on their hands doing all this video crap. I’ve only looked at 2 or 3 (not this current one). They do absolutely nothing for me, other than waste my time. Far more productive to take time to post here, right?…

• djloo27 said, on November 1, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Agree 100%

• pawliekokonuts said, on November 1, 2016 at 7:03 pm

ditto

10. Macdog said, on November 1, 2016 at 7:54 pm

Hey Loo, Chapman’s now the new Miller.

11. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 1, 2016 at 8:07 pm

Pence…. yeah, he needs to *re-focus* next season. They need him providing power in the middle of the lineup, or find someone else who will. On the other hand, love that pic of Crawford. Happy guy who seems to love playing the game. I’m ready for Spring Training. Pathetic, I know. November 2nd and already yearning for baseballs to fill the Arizona skies.

12. unca_chuck said, on November 1, 2016 at 8:32 pm

Maddon is on glue. He’s beating on Chapman like a rented mule. He had no biz coming out in the 9th.

13. unca_chuck said, on November 1, 2016 at 8:37 pm

Bartman still lives in Chicago, AK. Fwiw he didn’t get run out of town.

14. James said, on November 1, 2016 at 8:47 pm

I’m pleased that there is no coherent narrative about a specific use of the pen as a key to winning. What happened to the Royals’ “put it in play” pressure offense? It’s all a bunch of nonsense.

• zumiee said, on November 1, 2016 at 9:18 pm

Royals and their fans found out how difficult it is to repeat. Cubs or Cleveland will find out next season. Cubs fans think they have a dynasty coming. Maybe. Maybe not. It ain’t that easy.

15. willedav said, on November 1, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Steph with 23 in 3rd Q and outscores entire Blazers team as GS leads by 28, on the road. Warriors end Q with 24-4 run, most of it done with Durant on the bench/Thompson non factor.

• snarkk said, on November 1, 2016 at 9:24 pm

At brewpub nursing a Ballast Point porter and watching Dubs. They look like world beaters tonight …

• djloo27 said, on November 1, 2016 at 9:44 pm

Did he get hurt mopping up or something?

16. mrsprtdude said, on November 1, 2016 at 11:01 pm

A game of inches. If Clevland runners hits 1st a 1/4 second earlier the 7th gets interesting, and the extra work makes Chapman less available tomorrow. Oh well. Miller good for 4 innings and the closer 2? Big pressure on the Cubs to score early…