Getting Their W

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 3, 2016

The only good thing that came from last night is that some of those pompous Cavs fans can finally eat shit.

What a moment presented by Rajai Davis. I still can’t believe he did that.

Now please, no more tv shots of Cubs fans. Ever again.

____________________

Stix used to get high as fuuuuuck coming up with wild trade ideas. In this one he slowly meanders his way to a haul for Carlos Quentin.

stixwiz said, on July 27, 2011 at 9:59 am (Edit)

Chisox may be in teardown mode once again as Jerry Reinsdorf seems to be getting the financial jitters. Major trade just went down with Toronto. Wonder if Sabean isn’t burning up the phone lines to Chi-town to ascertain what kinda package would be needed to land Carlos Quentin. It appears he is available. Before Zito’s two latest melts, a straight swap of Sanchez for Quentin may have made sense. Now i could see Wheeler going in such a trade. Might take a B prospect or two boot money. Rowand would do okay on the southside. Maybe something like Rowand, Verdugo, Gillaspie would get the job done.

_________________

And with that, another baseball season is in the books. I am fine watching this one go. Too many “what ifs” for me to be missing baseball right now. Hot stove season is upon us. This was always a great time for Stix. I’m gonna miss his posts about freezing pussy and all the rest of it. I’m out of town till next Mon so this thread will probably stand strong till then.

1. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 5, 2016 at 8:46 pm

Story I just read has the Giants as the first of 4 teams that *need* Cespedes. What say you, Flappers? I would love to see a “difference maker” like Cespedes out in LF, but would’ve been more keen for him a few years ago. Now he’s seeking 5 years…. I dunno….

• djloo27 said, on November 5, 2016 at 8:51 pm

Nowadays it’s pretty much a given that you’re gonna overpay and the last few years of a long-term contract will be horrendous. If you sign Cespedes for 5 years, you’re hoping for 3 good ones…

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 5, 2016 at 8:56 pm

I’d even settle for 2 good ones…..

• djloo27 said, on November 5, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Posey signed for $21.4 million per year through 2021.
        Wonder how that’s one’s gonna look especially if he continues to catch…

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 5, 2016 at 9:10 pm

I love Buster as our catcher. Up the middle with him, Craw and Panik, pretty solid. CF, not so much. But yeah, that’s a LONG contract and will likely see him move from behind the plate at some point. But I hope not for a few years.

• djloo27 said, on November 5, 2016 at 9:14 pm

So Paul, was Blade’s announcement a surprise to you? Will you guys be neighbors and go on double-dates?

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 5, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Without “telling tales out of school”, a little surprised at how fast he made it happen…. But he was a man on a mission and would not be denied. 🙂 Linh’s great. Double dating, lulz……. Maybe I’ll be inspired to settle down too. Just… so many choices, so little time….

2. djloo27 said, on November 5, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Vietnam sounds like paradise.
    Maybe I need to stop watching The Deer Hunter…

• unca_chuck said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:17 am

Mao! Mao!!

lqtm

That is one intense movie.

3. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 5, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Well, like any other place in the world, VN certainly has its good points, and its maddening points… Life in a developing country, with a very silly authoritarian government, has its challenges, but you learn to roll with it. Paradise? Yes, sometimes it is. When I decided to move over here (China, Vietnam) 13 years ago, I was sort of dead in the water in my normal, day to day world. Felt old beyond my years. Here, new life has been injected into my soul and I now feel so much younger than my years. The change did me good.

• blade3colorado said, on November 6, 2016 at 1:54 am

Excellent (and accurate) post about Vietnam. Related to what Paul said, the days go by much faster in Vietnam versus Denver. Yes, part of it is perception on my part, but I can also cite many examples, e.g., most Vietnamese eat out for breakfast, lunch and dinner (at least 2 of 3 meals) every day. Consequently, you’re normally socializing with family and/or friends. Conversely, I rarely ate breakfast while living in Denver, much less going to a restaurant for this meal. Similarly, I would say that at most, I would go to lunch and/or dinner with a friend(s) 1-3 times a week at most. No family in Denver, so that obviously would impact what I said somewhat.

Also, Vietnamese are fascinated with foreigners and it is easy to make friends here (especially women). Yep, all of this makes the days go by quick. No time for boredom.

• pawliekokonuts said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:07 am

So, I missed the declaration. You’re engaged? Bravo! Felicitations!

4. willedav said, on November 6, 2016 at 8:19 am

What’s wrong with Bud Grant? He used to show up in his short sleeves in that freezing weather. always had soft spot for the old Vikes, cool uni/helmet, of the Tarkenton days. Guy used to bedevil the Niners.

And who can forget Simmons commentary as “Marshall is running the wrong way” one of the dangest things I’ve ever seen in a pro football game.

• willedav said, on November 6, 2016 at 8:58 am

we were washing Dad’s car in the driveway with radio on as Simmons calls it. Simmons was a great football announcer, who used to give it to them pretty hard with that sense of humor of his when they sucked, which was far too often in those days.
      Marshall of course was a hella good player, undersized D End. Billy Kilmer actually caught the pass (#17), another oddity. You can see Vikes D guys like #45 Ed Sharockman running toward Niners goal, and then Marshall all by himself headed other way. Bruce Bosley I think is the guy who pats him on shoulder after he scores. And Vikes did come back and ultimately win the game.

5. willedav said, on November 6, 2016 at 9:55 am

Appears the epic Kings/Bucks matchup didn’t materialize as Kings (minus Rudy Gay) were down 27 by end of 3rd Q to J Kidd’s boys.
    Ty Lawson’s line: 0-4 from floor in 20 minutes, 2 rebounds 6 assists 1 point 2 turnovers. Hmmnn.

• zumiee said, on November 6, 2016 at 10:09 am

The Kings suffer from bad drafts, bad GM-ing. So many high draft picks wasted. I’m not sure Divak will accomplish the learning curve. I do like the new head coach, though. He’s trying to get them to defend. They lack talent on offense, though.
      More high draft picks coming, I guess.

6. snarkk said, on November 6, 2016 at 10:43 am

Late night college games just aren’t real cool.
    Especially when you’re down by 20+ in the third quarter.
    I predicted to my UW friend a 52 -28 Husky win over Cal. I was two TDs short on the Huskies. Cal played ’em pretty solid in the first half, helped by a Husky mistake or two, then as usual, the second half was a Cal defensive collapse. I don’t know if UW is that good, actually. Cal defense is horrific, was poor to star the year, now racked with injuries. Mix in the Chip Kelly offense issue — too many three and outs, the defense gets worn out in the second half, and craters. Defensive secondary got torched all game like the Giants Pen. Huskies were open sometimes 5-10 yards in space; Cal D talent just not there, plus they often look like they don’t know what they’re supposed to do…

• willedav said, on November 6, 2016 at 11:57 am

Cool you went tho Snarkk. UW probably more fun to watch for your friends than Seahawks.
      Dykes reminds me of Don Coryell, innovative offensive genius but maybe ultimately incapable of putting together an entire winning team.
      Cal is probably best of second tier in the conference, behind UW Wazzu Cards Utah Colo and SC. QB and running game fun to watch but otherwise…

• snarkk said, on November 6, 2016 at 12:05 pm

The stadium emptied out starting halfway thru Q3. Combo of Cal being hopelessly down, plus it was already past 10 pm. I think the Pac 12 has to regroup on this TV thing. People are not going to buy season tix when they don’t know game times, and expect that at least half will be at night. We had dinner w/our UW friends before the game in Berkeley, which was cool, but it was way early. The whole experience seems bassackwards and just plain not right. I doubt east coasters at 1 am are watching the third quarter of UW v. Cal; nor is greater SoCal. So, I don’t see the point in this late night abomination. We left with 10 minutes to go in Q4, it was around 11:15 pm. I’d say by then 90% of the crowd had left, it was like watching a scrimmage…

7. djloo27 said, on November 6, 2016 at 1:01 pm

I seriously cannot believe some of the things I see in NFL games – stupidity everywhere…

• willedav said, on November 6, 2016 at 2:39 pm

That Steelers kicker, wow. Out of the Garo Yepremian school I guess.

• unca_chuck said, on November 6, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Welcome to 49er football.

8. unca_chuck said, on November 6, 2016 at 4:21 pm

80 fucking offensive plays for NO. Just enough stupid mistakes to let another one fly away without too much fuss.

9. pawliekokonuts said, on November 6, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Blade, warmest best wishes, and congratulations, to you and Linh.

• blade3colorado said, on November 6, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Thank you Pawlie!

10. unca_chuck said, on November 6, 2016 at 5:05 pm

At least the Raiders are playing a meaningful game. We get to see if they are pretenders or contenders. The Durs have been playing like shit at home so this should be interesting.

11. unca_chuck said, on November 6, 2016 at 5:09 pm

Snarkk, yeah that really stinks that the nework poobahs schedule shit like that. And the schools roll over.

The east coast bias is bad enough without playing games that end at 2:30 in the morning.

12. zumiee said, on November 6, 2016 at 5:34 pm

Kings defeat the Raptors! Great game!

13. alleykat69 said, on November 6, 2016 at 6:07 pm

Wow that really is fantastic news Blade!!
    Congrats to both you&Linh!
    You 2 will make great parents and remember theirs plenty of Flappers except me that will change a diaper my brother!!

• blade3colorado said, on November 6, 2016 at 6:25 pm

AK, thank you much! Going to have to learn how myself. lulz

• djloo27 said, on November 6, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Since they invented disposable diapers, there’s really nothing to it. Many years ago, I watched one of my best friends master it in no time. It inspired me to write a little song about him called “The Pamperer” (sung to the tune of “The Wanderer”). It ended the friendship…

• Flavor said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Loo, this post is some of the best under the radar off season gold the Flap will ever know…….

14. Flavor said, on November 6, 2016 at 6:09 pm

15. snarkk said, on November 6, 2016 at 6:39 pm

Giants need to stop screwing around with the Pen and get some real talent for the late innings. They spent major cake for Cueto and Samardzzzz, so it makes no sense to spend that kind of cash to supposedly get the squad in a position to win a game, then bring in a meathead like Strickland to close. Get somebody who mows them down, not somebody who flies close to the sun every damn time in the 9th…

16. Flavor said, on November 6, 2016 at 6:54 pm

i’m interested to see the fallout when/if the Raiders move to Las Vegas. They have to know that they will now just be another show in LV. No fan base. Davis must not care, he just wants a new stadium. But I can’t believe a team without a fanbase will ever win a championship. The players will slowly sink into the Vegas lifestyle and probably figure that if there aren’t any fans who care why should they? They’d be Celine Dion wearing helmets. They still get paid the same and can focus up on all that Vegas pussy that will be throwing itself their way. Raiders last chance to win a SB could be this year……

• zumiee said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:15 pm

They do seem legit this season.

• djloo27 said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:20 pm

The only one I can think of is the Colorado Avalanche who won the Stanley Cup in their first season after moving from Quebec where they were the Nordiques.

17. zumiee said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Many political analysts have Nevada blue, but Nate has it slightly red. I keep expecting him to flip it blue.
    Nate ended up 50 for 50 in ’12 and 49 out of 50 in ’08.

• djloo27 said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:40 pm

If Hilary wins, I may have to get rid of my TV.
      I can’t listen to that voice for 4 years…

• Flavor said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:49 pm

i’d pay top dollar for the audio to a Hilary sex tape. It would ruin sex and pretty much everything else for me but the lol I would get out of that would last a lifetime…..

• unca_chuck said, on November 6, 2016 at 8:17 pm

If Trump wins, he may take it away from you.

• zumiee said, on November 6, 2016 at 8:21 pm

It wouldn’t be surprising if Hillary routinely spanks Bill, and he says: “I’ve been bad.”

• giants54 said, on November 6, 2016 at 9:40 pm

And the lil bitch trump whining is music to your ears?

18. Flavor said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:47 pm

• djloo27 said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:59 pm

That is phenomenal, but you know I’m partial to this one:

19. snarkk said, on November 6, 2016 at 8:01 pm

I dunno.
    This cover of Time was pretty good; maybe a little more important than Vida in the windup… http://time.com/vault/issue/1945-05-07/page/1/

20. snarkk said, on November 6, 2016 at 8:15 pm

My prediction on the Raiders and Vegas.
    If they indeed move there for a stadium, then within 5 years of moving there Mark Davis will be taken totally out of ownership, or will be relegated to a tiny minority interest. The NFL will want to send him packing, they have to view him as a lightweight that gets in the way. That Trump-supporter A-hole Adelson, if he lives long enough, or some other billionaire will take the team over — the ultimate win the NFL wants over the legacy of Al Davis…

21. djloo27 said, on November 6, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Is there any buzz about the Giants and Cespedes out west?
    Back here, I’d say the media vibe is he ain’t comin’ back…

22. zumiee said, on November 7, 2016 at 12:16 am

Nate just flipped Nevada to slightly blue. Hispanic voters that Trump spent over a year completely losing are voting against him in big numbers, not surprisingly.

• zumiee said, on November 7, 2016 at 12:28 am

Just losing Nevada would make it almost impossible for Trump to win.

23. […] in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 7, 2016 djloo27 said, on November 6, 2016 at 8:43 pm […]