Getting Their W

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 3, 2016

The only good thing that came from last night is that some of those pompous Cavs fans can finally eat shit.

What a moment presented by Rajai Davis. I still can’t believe he did that.

Now please, no more tv shots of Cubs fans. Ever again.

____________________

Stix used to get high as fuuuuuck coming up with wild trade ideas. In this one he slowly meanders his way to a haul for Carlos Quentin.

stixwiz said, on July 27, 2011 at 9:59 am (Edit)

Chisox may be in teardown mode once again as Jerry Reinsdorf seems to be getting the financial jitters. Major trade just went down with Toronto. Wonder if Sabean isn’t burning up the phone lines to Chi-town to ascertain what kinda package would be needed to land Carlos Quentin. It appears he is available. Before Zito’s two latest melts, a straight swap of Sanchez for Quentin may have made sense. Now i could see Wheeler going in such a trade. Might take a B prospect or two boot money. Rowand would do okay on the southside. Maybe something like Rowand, Verdugo, Gillaspie would get the job done.

_________________

And with that, another baseball season is in the books. I am fine watching this one go. Too many “what ifs” for me to be missing baseball right now. Hot stove season is upon us. This was always a great time for Stix. I’m gonna miss his posts about freezing pussy and all the rest of it. I’m out of town till next Mon so this thread will probably stand strong till then.

1. gianthead said, on November 3, 2016 at 6:35 am

Our Rajai Davis, Conor Gillaspie in a #FreeStix post…I was so close in getting the epic meltdown by the Cubs. Of course all the morning tv sports chatter wants to put this down as one of the great games of all time…bullshit!

That Game 6 with Twins-Braves was epic with Kirby winning it. Then Douchebacks-Yanks Game 7 2001 also so much better. I think last night was poorly played by both sides with lots of mistakes and mediocre pitching…

2. mrsprtdude said, on November 3, 2016 at 6:36 am

Thanks again Craig for another year of our forum to stay connected as Giants fans!!!

3. unca_chuck said, on November 3, 2016 at 7:10 am

High drama? Sure, but David Ross looked like the old man he is out there, throwing the ball down the RF line and letting 2 runs score on a WP. Maddon’s pitcher management was awful.

And Lester shying away from fielding the ball is lame as fuck.

4. willedav said, on November 3, 2016 at 7:20 am

Cue the Cespedes rumors. Hard to believe Mets wouldn’t offer 4 yrs at $100 mil just to keep his bat in LU.

Have to hand it to Epstein, he built a good team. Let’s hope Evans doesn’t get outmanuvered by LA.

5. sandog said, on November 3, 2016 at 7:47 am

If the Cavs hadn’t won the NBA title, I would be devastated for the city of Cleveland right now. As it is, I am still very bummed that the underdog Indians were up 3-1 and couldn’t finish it off. Gotta hand it to the Cubs though—-their bats came alive and they got it done. That was an incredible game and hell yes I am happy for Rajai coming through in that situation. He kept fouling off balls and I was about to post how he was putting up a good fight during that AB….then he went from battling to delivering one of the biggest homers in the history of baseball. Is that an exaggeration???? I don’t think it is.

And how many times have the Giants been eliminated in the earlier playoff rounds by the team that goes on to win it all? Feels like it has happened a few times. The Marlins, now the Cubs. Others?

• djloo27 said, on November 3, 2016 at 7:52 am

I’d say Rajai’s bomb qualifies as a “footnote” homer like Carbo’s in the ’75 WS which preceded Fisk’s, Brett’s in the ’76 ALCS which preceded Chambliss’, or if you really want to go back Hal Smith’s in 1960 WS which preceded Mazeroski’s. Probably many, many others…

• sandog said, on November 3, 2016 at 8:39 am

I don’t know man. I’ll grant you Hal Smith, but an 8th inning game tie-ing home run in a Game 7 trumps those others in my book.
        Along those lines, I always thought Joe Carters series-ending home run was a bit overblown by the media. Game 6 is a helluva lot different than Game 7.

• Bozo said, on November 3, 2016 at 9:51 am

Those family reunions with Hal Smith and Tim Flannery must have some great baseball stories being told.

6. unca_chuck said, on November 3, 2016 at 8:02 am

Couple a winners on Super 70s . . .

7. unca_chuck said, on November 3, 2016 at 8:04 am

We used to love riding this guy when he played RF for the Cards.
    Then we got him and we got nicer . . .
    Our favorite spot to heckle was down the RF line.

8. snarkk said, on November 3, 2016 at 8:11 am

Maddon did everything to overmanage his way out of a game 7 win last night, luckily his team’s talent saved him from a massive media hit. Kruk buried him this morning on the radio for “arrogant” and stupid managing. Amusing…

• djloo27 said, on November 3, 2016 at 8:26 am

Maddon’s been exposed as the overrated jerk that he is…

9. willedav said, on November 3, 2016 at 8:29 am

Flav will like this one: over on F/G a guy rating players for Fantasy next season that he titles “way too early” has Belt at 12th for 1b, 6th best in NL and Posey tops NL for Cs. Guy loved Belt’s OB and said it was shame he had to play at ATT. Do NOT trade Belt!

Honestly, I just don’t see how you can move these guys around, yet. C position for Posey replacement really sucks and I don’t think Brown is a full time player at all.

10. willedav said, on November 3, 2016 at 8:40 am

Kruk who came up with Cubs does get the edge over Kuip and his Indians.

?: Does Chapman stock take a hit for postseason, or is it excusable given how he was used/abused?

11. unca_chuck said, on November 3, 2016 at 8:46 am

Chapman will be fine, but I give the Cubbies 0% chance of keeping him.

They beat him like a rented mule down the stretch run.

What is ultra moronic is Maddon’s quick trigger with his starters. You don’t trust your pen, but you pull Hendricks having given up 1 run on 63 pitches. In the 4th inning? Even pulling Lester was stupid. You let those guys finish their innings. Maddon even said he’d never bring Lester in with runners on. So he does, and Lester’s personal catcher proceeds to play like a rookie A ball guy.

Did Kruk get on Bochy for the same goddamn reason? No. He should nut up or shut up.

12. Flavor said, on November 3, 2016 at 8:48 am

Loo, add another footnote HR: JT Snow.

• sandog said, on November 3, 2016 at 9:17 am

Again, JT’s homer was a biggie, but I don’t think a late Game 7 homer in a close game goes into the “footnote” category. Maybe it does in terms of the media and most fans minds, but not in my book it doesn’t.

• chipower9 said, on November 3, 2016 at 10:35 am

I am with you on this one, SanD.

13. unca_chuck said, on November 3, 2016 at 8:51 am

Fun Paul Rueschel stat. On August 21, 1975, he and brother Rick became the only brothers in baseball history to combine to pitch a shutout. Rick started the game for the Cubs and pitched 6.1 innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Paul pitched the final 2.2 innings for the Cubs’ 7–0 win.

14. Irish Kevin said, on November 3, 2016 at 8:57 am

If the Cubs had lost it would have been on Maddon. Agree with everyone else, should not have pulled his starter till he was out of gas.

15. Flavor said, on November 3, 2016 at 9:10 am

bummed the Cubs won but this is cool. Kudos to the king of beers

16. willedav said, on November 3, 2016 at 9:40 am

Round 1 of Westbrook vs. Durant tonite. Telling stats from last night 85-83 OKC w over Clips is Westbrook taking 30 of team’s 84 shots (made 14, 0-7 on 3s) and being only guy in double figures.

• chipower9 said, on November 3, 2016 at 10:48 am

Should be entertaining, and no way I see that model as being sustainable for OKC.

17. Irish Kevin said, on November 3, 2016 at 10:40 am

Wow, a friend sent this to me. I had never heard of this.

• chipower9 said, on November 3, 2016 at 10:58 am

Interesting. And, Fuck the YankMees.

18. chipower9 said, on November 3, 2016 at 10:42 am

From the get-go I said I wanted to see a seven game series, and preferably a Cub win (I was sticking NL, regardless if the Cubs took us out of the hunt). Damn – I got my wish in spades. While the game was absolutely not the cleanest game, or series (mismanagement of pitchers, errors, etc.), I thought it was a very entertaining series.

Maddon is lucky as fuck that Theo’s team covered for his ass. What a clusterfuck of moves with his pitching staff last night.

I have been battling a nasty-assed cold the past few days (stayed home the past two days), and was ready to hit the rack last night, but decided to watch one extra frame. Then they roll out the fucking tarps, and I said fuck this…I am going to bed. Took one last look at my phone while in the rack, and saw the game had restarted and Cubs had a runner on, so I pulled my sick ass outta bed and went and watched the 10th. Sure, there was some sloppy-ass play and stoopid managerial moves, but IMO that game was fucking entertaining.

Now I am off to the wood pile to chop some wood, as it is Hot Stove time, boys.

19. chipower9 said, on November 3, 2016 at 10:47 am

Craig – thanks again for keeping this place alive for another year. I cannot begin to thank you enough. Without this blog, I would not have made some really great friendships, and met, in person, some really cool Giants fans (in no specific order – you, Blade, Loo, PawlieK, SanDiggity, Unca, snarkk, GiantH, Dirt, Mac, Sarge, IrishK…shit I know I am missing some), but it has been amazing to meet those of you that I have met, and I absolutely love what we have here. I look forward to talking Giant baseball again with all of you, and to meeting some of you that I have yet to meet in person (Clown is certainly on that list). Thanks again for making it all possible, Flav. You are DA MAN!

• Flavor said, on November 3, 2016 at 10:56 am

thanks. You are without question the most appreciative Flapper we have for this place. πŸ™‚

• chipower9 said, on November 3, 2016 at 11:01 am

I mean it is fun to talk smack and baseball with like-minded fans, but to think that some of us have met and flown across the fucking country to watch baseball games, AND as a part of all that, coordinated meeting up at bars and at the games, well, that is all just cool as hell in my book. Lifetime memories for me. Thanks again for greasing the skids on all of that.

• Bozo said, on November 3, 2016 at 11:05 am

Chi, if we meet up, you know some drinking will have to get done.

• chipower9 said, on November 3, 2016 at 12:49 pm

John – THAT is a given! First round is on me my friend!

• chipower9 said, on November 3, 2016 at 12:51 pm

And another cool part of this whole Flap thing – I recall one day years ago we were talking about various things, and the Croix de Stick pins came up. I shared how I had owned two, and that I had lost the hat on which I had my Croix de Stick pins. You said you had some in an old shoebox or something, and offered to send me a couple (which you did, and I think I sent you a spring training pin I picked-up for you that year in Scottsdale). That is the type of Flap stuff that is just too cool in my books. I think about you regularly every time I break out one of the hats on which I have those pins.

• Bozo said, on November 3, 2016 at 1:31 pm

Yup, because that’s how we roll, I still have the pin on my desk. Twinfan used to hand out computers that even included PC support (I think Stix even got one of those) and gave that bat to Flav. Out of the blue DJLoo sent me a cool Kevin Mitchell flip card set of him hitting a HR. When we had the Flap fantasy league I donated a Rich Aurilia bobblehead and a (doctored) Jason Schmidt signed ball and I’m sure the list goes on and on…
        Through wins, losses, arguments, agreements, good times and bad, Flav has kept this good ship that we call the Flap, afloat. Cheers to that…

• chipower9 said, on November 4, 2016 at 7:14 am

Ah, the Flap Fantasy League – I participated a year or two (Sierra Lumberjacks) and won it once. Those were fun times. And absolutely cheers to Flav for keeping this flotilla of misfits afloat.

20. Macdog said, on November 3, 2016 at 10:52 am

Congrats to the Cubs and their long-suffering fans, although I do feel some for the Indians and their equally long-suffering fans. The Indians had an amazing postseason run that’s going to be hard to duplicate. I know winning the NBA title was great for that town, but it’s still only the NBA and it’s just not the same as winning the World Series.

And what a tremendous Game 7, couldn’t have asked for a better one to keep me entertained via radio driving through Pennsylvania late last night, with a stop at a Perkins along the way where I could hear the game coming from a kitchen radio. Interesting call by Dan Shulman on the Rajai homer, he screamed “It’s a tie game!” before saying it’s a home run. And Aaron Boone seemed as flummoxed as everyone else over Maddon’s maneuvers.

I don’t get all the hate on here (and elsewhere) toward Cubs fans, so I’ll just leave this:

• chipower9 said, on November 3, 2016 at 11:10 am

That is very cool, Mac. And I don’t get the hatred for the cubbie fans either, and will leave it at that. I like the story about the guy who had an agreement with his pops that if the Cubs ever made the WS, they would go. His dad passed and it never happened, so he drove to his dad’s grave in Indiana, set-up a lawn chair there, and listed to the Cubs win it. I love how the article ends with telling folks to enjoy and share those moments with your loved-ones, as you never know how many there will be. I just reposted a FB memory from 2012 recently that had a picture of me with my daughter and two very close friends at the parade on Market Street. Great memories from 2010, 2012, and 2014 that will live on with me forever…

21. Bozo said, on November 3, 2016 at 11:12 am

So I read on MLBTradeRumors where KC might be willing to trade Wade Davis (he has a one year $10 mil club option) for a controllable Starting Pitcher. Ty Blach?

• gianthead said, on November 3, 2016 at 12:55 pm

No way Bozo. I am holding onto Blach. Going three lefties in a rotation may be something special…money they have is going to be spent on a closer and hopefully a slugger…

• Bozo said, on November 3, 2016 at 1:33 pm

Yeah, I didn’t think that would go over too well.

22. zumiee said, on November 3, 2016 at 11:55 am

I think negative feeling towards Cubs fans is kind of a preemptive strike. We saw what happened with Red Sox fans, and it seems like the Cubs fans are ripe to become that kind of entitled-feeling schmuck. Maybe the Cubs fans won’t do that, but I think we all got pretty tired of hearing Bears fans talk about the ’85 Bears.
    It’s great that the Cubs won after 108 years, but there’s nothing else particularly special about this team, IMO. Their manager is more eloquent than other managers, so we’re going to be seeing him all over the place in the media. Get ready to see the Bryant/Rizzo bro-mance all over the place, too, even more than we already have. Unfortunately, the black players on the team will get largely ignored by the media.

• sandog said, on November 3, 2016 at 12:32 pm

I wanted the Indians to win, but if they did go down, I was hoping for Edwards to close out the game for the Cubs. I was wondering if an American black pitcher had ever recorded the final out in a World Series before?
      Dock Ellis maybe? Oil Can Boyd–no. Al Downing? Earl Wilson? Dave Stewart??

• Macdog said, on November 3, 2016 at 12:43 pm

Bob Gibson did it twice, in ’64 and ’67.

• sandog said, on November 3, 2016 at 1:16 pm

I had a feeling there was someone obvious I was missing….Anyway, it has been a while.

23. zumiee said, on November 3, 2016 at 12:05 pm

Draymond Green took a shot at Cleveland with a Tweet after the game last night that said “Man, 3-1 sucks.” That’s pretty awesome.
    He did get some Cleveland fans responding to his Twitter account, about the Cavs winning the NBA title, but Green’s won one of those titles, so their responses aren’t that great, IMO.
    I don’t find LeBron’s public persona likable. It seems pretty phony. When he told the very-ill Craig Sager on the air after the finals: “I love you, man,” that seemed pretty fake to me. It had very little emotion, and I’m sure as soon as LeBron walked away from him, he never thought about Sager again. Nor had he thought about him before that moment, either.

24. zumiee said, on November 3, 2016 at 12:09 pm

According to Nate Silver, the odds are now at about 33% that Hitler, Jr. will be elected president. Yeah, it’s going to be a fun 5 days until election. NOT.

• chipower9 said, on November 3, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Well, when you look at the polls in the battleground states in which Hitler Jr (love that, Zume) needs to carry 270, it doesn’t look very good for him. Yesterday’s polls in a slew of those states showed he had gained no ground since the latest email shenanigans. If that fucker wins, I may be looking to move to Canada…

• gianthead said, on November 3, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Chi, it depends on what poll you are looking at. There is no doubt in my mind if you average out the polls, she clearly has lost ground. Hence the Nate Silver percentage has gone from 25% to 33%.

• chipower9 said, on November 3, 2016 at 1:16 pm

I am talking polls for specific states, and they are some of the more well-respected polls (this was all reported on during last night’s evening snooze/news). The states that Trump MUST WIN have not moved in the last week or so, or have nudged up for Clinton. If he does not take at least one of those, his path to 270 electoral college votes is not there.

And let me be very clear here, I am NOT a fan of Clinton…I was a big-time supporter of Bernie. Oh how I wish he had won the democratic ticket. Sigh…

• gianthead said, on November 3, 2016 at 1:00 pm

Keep your eye on PA. I’d he can’t close that to 1-2 pts by Monday, still don’t think he can win. Election night may be over early. PA, NH and NC all close early. If she sweeps all three it is over. If he pulls wins out NH and NC it may get interesting. If he flips PA, it will be a long night.

• gianthead said, on November 3, 2016 at 1:03 pm

If Trump wins PA, Sir Hillary has to win Florida or she is toast..

25. pawliekokonuts said, on November 3, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Magnus, thanks for THIS place.

26. pawliekokonuts said, on November 3, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Yeah, that Bernie Carbo HR was huge and gets lost.

27. pawliekokonuts said, on November 3, 2016 at 1:59 pm

It seems like this season has been over for a long time. Did we really beat the Cubs in 13? That might be fun to re-watch. But what I really want to say is this: I’ll never forget The Day After in 2010, 11/2/10. The air was crisp, the atmosphere light, everything was bright and buoyant, fresh. I would get tears like a middle-school girl. Brights were brighter. I walked lighter. Newness reigned. BASKING.

• chipower9 said, on November 4, 2016 at 7:18 am

POTD – another gold one, Pawlie. Basking after all three of our WS titles was wonderful, but basking for the first time after 2010 was extra special. I love that feeling. I say we do it again by starting a new “odd year” trend for Four in Eight…

28. pawliekokonuts said, on November 3, 2016 at 2:03 pm

BASEBALL REALLY IS A GAME OF INCHES. WHY WASN’T RAMIREZ PLAYing DOUBLES=PREVENT DEFENSE, CLOSER TO THE LINE? GREAT HIT BY ZOBRIST. GAME OF INCHES. IF Martinez got a single, a double, or — gasp — a homer, different result and everybody has a different narrative. [sorry; all caps was on and I ain’t retyping it]

• Macdog said, on November 3, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Interesting move by Francona to put Martinez in the OF in place of Crisp for defense in the top of the 9th when the Cubs got a runner on third during the Baez AB. I bet Francona would’ve liked Crisp, who was 2-4, batting with the Tribe down to the final out instead of Martinez.

• xoot said, on November 3, 2016 at 2:49 pm

well, no one wanted to watch Coco try to toss the ball toward home plate. I saw an a’s game earlier this year where he chased a ball down near the wall and the a’s 2Bman ran out to the middle of CF to take the throw.

29. pawliekokonuts said, on November 3, 2016 at 2:04 pm

Iceland is my default exile location. And Nate Silver has been off lately, has he not?

• gianthead said, on November 3, 2016 at 2:31 pm

Well of he is off than Trump is in the driver’s seat.

30. Macdog said, on November 3, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Another “footnote” home run: Josh Hamilton hit a 2-run bomb in the top of the 10th during Game 6 of the 2011 World Series, putting the Rangers three outs away from the title. But the Rangers blew it in the 10th (after also blowing a 2-run lead in the 9th) and lost in 11.

• pawliekokonuts said, on November 3, 2016 at 7:53 pm

wasn’t that the game with Nelson Cruz’s missed catch in right? stunning

• Macdog said, on November 3, 2016 at 7:55 pm

That’s the one.

31. wilcojoe said, on November 3, 2016 at 3:28 pm

I always thought it was tradition for a Flapper (Chi I think) to post that Bart Giamatti poem on the first offical day of the offseason. Or maybe it’s the day after the Giants season ends, I can’t remember.

32. zumiee said, on November 3, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Nate Silver struggled with the GOP primaries this election, but he later admitted he struggled with them because he went away from his usual process. He felt Trump was breaking so many PR rules, that surely he couldn’t get the nomination, regardless of what polls said. Seriously, mocking McCain for being a prisoner of war? That kind of thing would have been an instant GOP deal-breaker in the past. The GOP primary polls always said Trump was doing well, but Nate refused believe it, much to his chagrin later. He had to eat some crow on that. But in the general election, Nate is in his wheelhouse, and has his algorithms going, and he’s been very reliable over the last several presidential elections. He’d be the first to say that Trump has a chance to win the general election, but that Hillary should win it, unless more drama unfolds in the next few days and something dramatic happens to voter turnout.

33. zumiee said, on November 3, 2016 at 3:57 pm

And I agree that Pennsylvania is a hugely important state, ever since Colorado went blue in the last couple of presidential elections. Blade could speak to that much better than I could, regarding what’s happened in Colorado over the last decade. Colorado and Pennsylvania provide a great firewall for Hillary. I guess, theoretically, there’s a wild scenario where Trump could win New Hampshire, Nevada, Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, and Iowa, and get to a 269-269 tie, which would send the election to the House of Reps, where Trump would win. But that would be extremely difficult for him to win Nevada AND New Hampshire; but possible, unfortunately. How weird would that outcome be?

• gianthead said, on November 3, 2016 at 6:39 pm

Zum…the 269-269 tie presumes Hillary gets that extra electoral vote in Maine. One could make the argument that if Trump flips NH back into his column, he may very well win that one Maine cong district, which would give him a 270-268 win.

In that scenario or the one where the US House elects Trump, Hillary will probably win the popular vote.

34. snarkk said, on November 3, 2016 at 4:32 pm

I miss baseball already. Election talk takes me down somewhere dark. I’m wondering what kind of country my snarkettes will live in as adults. That there is even a chance this dangerous fool could be president is mind boggling to me. Other than knowing he is a total fraud, and an ignoramus, we know very little about this guy. He could be a Russian patsy — which if the FBI knows — they aren’t publicly saying anything. Neither of these two major candidates are worthy, but IMO only the Orange one presents a danger to the country as we know it…

35. Flavor said, on November 3, 2016 at 4:36 pm

Bozo, I still have the ball on my desk at work!

• Bozo said, on November 3, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Ha, what a trophy that one was.

36. snarkk said, on November 3, 2016 at 5:54 pm

Giants exercise next year option on Matt Moore – $7 million. That was a tough decision…

• Flavor said, on November 3, 2016 at 6:03 pm

in the next 3 seasons, Bum goes $11.5mil, $12m and $12m….
      Sabean couldn’t build a bullpen for shit but he sure got those 2 studs on the cheap

37. snarkk said, on November 3, 2016 at 6:43 pm

Hard to believe that the Cain albatross contract is around next season for the full $20 mill, then another $7 mill in 2018 to waive goodbye. Cut the cord on the guy, and get in gear with Blach and whomever else has a starting pitcher pulse in the minors to compete for the rotation. Get a closer and another late inning arm, then an outfielder that can freekin hit. Good to go after that…

• zumiee said, on November 3, 2016 at 7:37 pm

Cain is done. The loss of some speed on his fastball took away its movement. His off-speed stuff isn’t good enough to compensate. He gave us all he had for those championships and his arm has paid the price. It’s too bad they’ll put him out there again for awhile next season.

• Flavor said, on November 3, 2016 at 7:48 pm

I still remember Kruk, after one of Cain’s decent starts of the year (and it was bookended by pure crap), declaring that Cain could “easily pitch another 5 seasons after this one…”

• Macdog said, on November 3, 2016 at 7:54 pm

Well BF, there’s spring, summer and fall of next year, so that’s three right there.

• chipower9 said, on November 4, 2016 at 7:30 am

Sure, Cain could pitch another five seasons…Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt!

38. pawliekokonuts said, on November 3, 2016 at 7:57 pm

I love baseball radio stories. Macdog, thanks for your 10:52am gem. Gold.

39. blade3colorado said, on November 3, 2016 at 8:34 pm

I just read the entire thread and was especially touched by what Chi and Bozo said about the awesomeness of Flap Universe. Echo what they said Flavor. Nice job on providing a comfortable place (usually) to post our thoughts about the Giants, baseball in general, and of course, ourselves and the world at large. Hard to articulate, but the Flap is more than Giants baseball . . . Here, I have learned a little bit about each of you – your likes and dislikes; some of your greatest victories in life, as well as a few of your regrets and losses. I really appreciate the honesty of what each of you post here, regardless the subject.

I wasn’t going to share this yet, but what the hell, eh? One of the biggest regrets of my life is not having children. I almost adopted a child as a single person in 2004, but decided that it would be overwhelming (after attending Jefferson county’s 8 week adoption course). Too much shit was going on at the time, e.g., mostly work related issues which precipitated my decision to be a government whistle blower in 2006. Consequently, I “moved on” insofar as thinking I had any chance of having a child of my own.

I’ll be frank – I love reading about you fathers, such as MacDog, Flavor, Snarkk, Chi, SD, Unca, GH, Pawlie, and others who talk about thier children lovingly. I would be lying if I didn’t say there was a tinge of envy as well.

So this is what is going on . . . Along with her family – my mom, step father, and a couple of good friends already know this – my fiance, Linh is pregnant with our baby. She hadn’t been feeling well the last few days (missed her period) and she decided to buy a pregnancy test from the pharmacy. It came back positive. She did two more tests to confirm the pregnancy and again, both came back positive. By the by, this was all planned, as we both agreed to have her IUD removed a few weeks ago.

Much to do before I leave here in December, as I will have to transition my entire life from Colorado to Vietnam. This will easily take at least a year, perhaps longer. No idea how this will work out, as I am still processing everything. I will say that yesterday was probably one of the happiest days of my life upon knowing that I will be a father in 9 months or so. Love you all . . .

• sandog said, on November 3, 2016 at 9:05 pm

Wow Blade! Congrats man! You’re gonna be a great dad. Very cool to hear.

• blade3colorado said, on November 3, 2016 at 9:13 pm

Thank you Peter. When Linh told me, I was overome with tears of happiness. Unbelievable moment for both of us.

• Macdog said, on November 3, 2016 at 9:16 pm

That’s great news, Blade! Congratulations to you and Linh!

• unca_chuck said, on November 3, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Holy shit! Congrats, Steve! Better late than never! Welcome to the jungle!

• chipower9 said, on November 4, 2016 at 7:37 am

WOW! Blade – I am SO happy for you and Linh! I guess that shoots a potential move to Placerville, CA all to hell! πŸ˜‰

You are going to be an amazing dad, brother. There is just nothing like being a parent…only thing that is close is being a grandpa.

I hope to see you again, my friend, and wrap you up in a great big bear hug. If you make a visit to the Bay Area anytime soon to see family and friends, let me know, and I will definitely do whatever it takes to meet up with you, and hopefully I will get to meet Linh, too. Whoa…this one got me…I ain’t lying…I am all misty-eyed. Happy Happy! Blessings to you, Linh, and your families.

• blade3colorado said, on November 4, 2016 at 7:49 am

Well, I will be out in December Chi, so let’s follow-up on this conversation. Sheesh, maybe Flavor can have a Palo Alto/Los Altos Flapalooza at that bar near his house (forgot the name).

Also, thank you very much for what you said above. Touched my heart. Similarly, the same goes to Loo, Unca, Wilco, Paul, snarkk (love Pappy. lulz), Zum, Willie, John (who sent a note via FB), and Stix wherever they have you incarcerated.

40. blade3colorado said, on November 3, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Thank you John . . . Much appreciated! Heading out to begin an awesome day. Take care!

41. djloo27 said, on November 3, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Very happy for you and Linh, Blade. Best of luck!

42. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 3, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Congrats again, Steve. Looks like now there’s only 1 “relationship-proof” Flapper left in Saigon… πŸ™‚

43. djloo27 said, on November 3, 2016 at 9:38 pm

Whether it’s a boy or a girl, I think “Carstie” would be an excellent name…

• unca_chuck said, on November 3, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Or Stickman for a middle name . . .

• chipower9 said, on November 4, 2016 at 7:39 am

I second the vote for Carstie! Free Stix!

44. snarkk said, on November 3, 2016 at 9:40 pm

Pappy blade — a nice ring to it…. πŸ˜‰

45. zumiee said, on November 3, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Congratulations, Blade! So happy for you both!

46. unca_chuck said, on November 3, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Blade, that is excellent news! You got a lot going on all of a sudden!

Apropos of nothing other than my mild speculation at the beginning of this Warrior season, I wonder if the Dubs look to trade Thompson. Of all the guys that have stayed, he doesn’t seem to be meshing well. I wonder if a) he rotates to the 2nd team, or b) they trade him for a big man. I get that he’s one of their best defenders, but I could see them moving him for a big.

• chipower9 said, on November 4, 2016 at 7:40 am

No way I see them moving Klay. Hope you are wrong on this one, Charlie.

47. zumiee said, on November 3, 2016 at 10:15 pm

The idea of going for Turner for 3b is growing on me, but I wonder how much $ that would take. Nunez could be a super-sub. Tomlinson and Gillaspie as other bench options. Agent 000 gets packaged in a low-level trade.

• djloo27 said, on November 3, 2016 at 10:24 pm

I think it’s realistic, Zum and I think he’s a very good fit. I like Nunie, but I’m having some trouble envisioning him as our everyday 3B…

48. blade3colorado said, on November 4, 2016 at 4:19 am

I thank everyone for the well wishes! Much appreciated πŸ™‚

49. Flavor said, on November 4, 2016 at 5:35 am

Blade. Wow. I read that post 3 times to make sure I read it right. What a turn your life is taking! I am really happy for you and can hear it in your voice that this is something that is literally completing your life. And you’re moving to Vietman, too. Wow. I can’t say wow enough. lol. Congratulations on it ALL!

• blade3colorado said, on November 4, 2016 at 6:27 am

Thank you Craig. It does seem like a 180, but in actuality, it has been a gradual shift in the last 10 years in how I perceive my life and where I live (Colorado specifically and the USA in general). My last extended stay in Colorado was a “dark period” and for lack of a better term, I was “bored shitless” with Colorado. Couple that with all the BS going on the USA, e.g., Trump, terrorists, police brutality, etc., etc., I was ready for a change.

I knew I wanted to minimally move from the State (probably Oregon) since fucking real estate prices are Looney Tunes in California and taxes are unreal. Anywho, the plan was essentially to get out of Colorado and that morphed into my relationship with Linh. As Paul said regarding himself – I considered myself relationship proof (especially with white elitists/feminist women – who make men feel as if they don’t know if they’re coming or going, or at worse, emasculated. I kid, but not by much). Anywho, I love SE Asian women who make you feel like you are their number one priority and couple that with the lack of ageism – shit, who wouldn’t fall for one of these young gorgeous women? However, the biggest reason is having the opportunity to have a child, which I already noted was my biggest regret in life.

Again, thank you Craig. πŸ™‚

• wilcojoe said, on November 4, 2016 at 7:21 am

Congrats Steve! That is such awesome news.

• willedav said, on November 4, 2016 at 7:26 am

wonderful news Blade. Hope at some point your family returns to roots here on left Coast to visit.

50. djloo27 said, on November 4, 2016 at 6:55 am

Did I tell you guys that I was thinking about possibly getting a new shower curtain?

• chipower9 said, on November 4, 2016 at 7:24 am

No. Do tell, Loo. Any particular thoughts on this? Super Hero?

• blade3colorado said, on November 4, 2016 at 7:34 am

Loo, another gold nugget . . . What only a few Flappers know – is that you’re even more funny in person (It’s the incongrous Woody Allen voice coming out of the Sam Elliott melon).

• Bozo said, on November 4, 2016 at 8:07 am

Loo, I’d avoid the Alfred Hitchcock signature shower curtains, they really are a pain to clean.

• Macdog said, on November 4, 2016 at 10:36 am

• djloo27 said, on November 4, 2016 at 10:48 am

Dammit, it’s no longer available…

51. chipower9 said, on November 4, 2016 at 7:23 am

Wilco – I must be slipping-up in my “old age.” πŸ˜‰ Thanks for the nudge…

“The Green Fields of the Mind” by A. Bart Giamatti

It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops.

This is, of course, only an excerpt of the original…but, IMO the most poignant part of the entire piece.

52. willedav said, on November 4, 2016 at 7:34 am

Unc, I don’t think Thompson leaves, ever. He did a good job on Westbrook last night as he usually does vs. all other Gs, and seems to have found stroke a bit. Everyone is adjusting. their offense makes big men on other teams irrelevant when it is rolling and the extra shooter means they have to defend perimeter.
    They’ll have to get a big out of draft (maybe new guy currently injured will eventually work out), and meanwhile Green has to take on that role and be less concerned with scoring. Obviously they’ve shown they can win with smaller LU.
    I wonder more how much longer Iguodala can be productive; hope Looney progresses.
    but last night was a TKO on defenseless Thunder. As Kerr said, Jerami Grant staring down Durant after a dunk, “…was not a good idea.” Wow did he respond.

53. chipower9 said, on November 4, 2016 at 7:51 am

Just dropped you an email, Blade. I am going to say it again…WOW.

• blade3colorado said, on November 4, 2016 at 9:35 am

Thanks Chi!

• djloo27 said, on November 4, 2016 at 10:31 am

I don’t know how far along you are with your wedding plans, Blade but I bet the Super 8 in the South Bronx has a phenomenal honeymoon suite…

• chipower9 said, on November 4, 2016 at 2:18 pm

lulz! I’ll have to look into booking a suite.

54. zumiee said, on November 4, 2016 at 9:08 am

The media was already hyping Westbrook after some big games to start the season; but there’s no way he can keep that up all season. He can’t carry that OkC team all season like that, having to play like Superman every game. He’ll wear down and be more vulnerable to injury.

55. unca_chuck said, on November 4, 2016 at 10:28 am

OKC is in a world of hurt. And yeah, the Dubs are adjusting to their new world.

Thompson is in an odd place now though as the only real defender on the floor. He always was the only perimeter guy, but without Bogut on the inside (or even Ezeli) the onus on him is to defend even more. I mean, Durant is a decent defender and rebounder, but he isn’t a rim protector. Actually Patchulia is looking pretty good, but the defense overall took a hit this offseason.

It’ll certainly affect Klay’s numbers having to defend so much. Or it seems to be, I just wonder if he’ll get worn down himself. He sure isn’t hitting his shots so far. I just wonder if the front office gets another offer for him that they can’t pass up. Not saying it’ll happen, just that it is a possibility.

• chipower9 said, on November 4, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Again…Thompson is going nowhere.

56. unca_chuck said, on November 4, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Willie, I think teams like SA and Cleve can still defeat the Warriors style. SA defends the perimiter well, and Cleve can just overpower down low. Most of these other teams can’t hold a candle to SA, GS, Cleve, and maybe even the Clippers. But those 4 teams should be the ones standing by the end of the year. I just wonder if someone dangles a big that they won’t pass up.

Not saying its a certainty, just the it could happen.

57. unca_chuck said, on November 4, 2016 at 1:58 pm

The biggest obstacle to the Warriors winning is the shittiness of the East. Cleve looks to roll right through the playoffs again while we have to fight teams like SA, the Clips, OKC, and Portland.

58. Macdog said, on November 4, 2016 at 2:21 pm

One of the San Francisco players who hit a record-tying five home runs in a 12-run ninth inning of a 1961 game at Cincinnati has died. John Orsino was 78.

59. zumiee said, on November 4, 2016 at 3:17 pm

The MLB Network did live coverage of the Cubs victory parade.
    Hmm….I don’t seem to remember the MLB Network doing live coverage of the Giants parade in 2010, their first championship in 56 years….

• eddacker said, on November 4, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Because the Cubs/Indians championship produced such record numbers for the network bottom line they are in full pander mode. Their new mantra is “no west coast teams”.

60. zumiee said, on November 4, 2016 at 3:19 pm

One of my Facebook friends posted:
    “I want to congratulate Not The Dodgers for winning the World Series this year.”

• Bozo said, on November 4, 2016 at 5:02 pm

What a great line. I’m swiping that one.

61. snarkk said, on November 4, 2016 at 5:10 pm

Doghairs now officially on a far longer streak than the Cubs of having not won the W Series…

• blade3colorado said, on November 4, 2016 at 7:37 pm

I hadn’t thought of it in those terms, but similar to Zum’s “congratulations” line. I’m using that in the future with my S. California family and friends.

Loo, wasn’t there a movie called A Tree Grows In Brooklyn? In a weird ass way, that Super 8 hotel (probably the newest building construction in the Bronx besides Yankee Stadium) reminds me of that movie title.

• djloo27 said, on November 5, 2016 at 7:00 am

It’s a pretty well known old movie, Blade but I never saw it. I think they made it into a book as well…

• blade3colorado said, on November 5, 2016 at 7:26 am

I never saw it either . . . Regardless, I think I saw a tree in the Bronx (maybe it was a bush, but something was growing there).

62. Bozo said, on November 4, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports that the Giants are likely to hire Phil Nevin as their new third base coach.

Makes sense, AZ turned him down for the Manager spot and he played for Boch in SD.

• zumiee said, on November 4, 2016 at 9:00 pm

It literally is an automatic improvement because Kelly was the worst.

• unca_chuck said, on November 4, 2016 at 11:39 pm

I think any of us here would be an improvement.

• Bozo said, on November 5, 2016 at 6:16 am

I don’t think they allow easy chairs on the field, Unca. πŸ™‚
        Man, I remember some of us saying we’d miss Flan more than Panda when they left, how true that became.

63. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 4, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Lead story on Giants MLB website says “Giants hope to address ‘pen before Opening Day ’17”. Gee, ya think? And then the story includes just one line about how improving the bullpen is a must. Guess we’ll have to wait for any real off-season action to get any more insight than that from the writers….

64. willedav said, on November 5, 2016 at 8:37 am

Supposedly Royals exercising option on Davis for $10 mil is good sign they will trade him. Giants among many teams interested in showcase by former ace guy Greg Holland, coming off TJ surgery.

I said it last year and I’ll say it again— team most capable of beating the Warriors is the Warriors themselves.
    Last night same script—way too many 3s (5-32 vs. 34-52 on 2s), poor decisions and lazy passes with ball handling, out worked on boards.

• zumiee said, on November 5, 2016 at 9:14 am

It was the first time in years, for me, that the Warriors just weren’t fun or interesting to watch.

• willedav said, on November 5, 2016 at 9:17 am

I shut it off mid 2nd Q. Lakers young guys under Walton gaining confidence and finding they can do some things.

65. willedav said, on November 5, 2016 at 9:22 am

Jenkins has good take today on Pac 12 and college football, where locals and conference in general forced to play night games. No way Cal game vs. UW, #4 in country, should be any time other than under sunny skies 1 PM in Berkeley.

Meanwhile, couple Big 10 schools told TV NO they are not playing Friday night games. Pac 12 should do the same and tell League Commish to stop screwing them over and not allow TV to arbitrarily tell them when their games are played, often with minimum notice.

66. Macdog said, on November 5, 2016 at 9:31 am

MLB Network is showing Giants-Cubs series today. Game 3 starts at 4 p.m. EST. I’d say skip the rest.

67. sandog said, on November 5, 2016 at 11:59 am

What kind of crazy world are we living in where the Lakers soundly beat the Warriors and it brings a smile to my face???
    All eyes are the epic Kings/Bucks matchup tonight! You thought ESPN made a big deal out of Durant v Westbrook??? Wait til you see the hype regarding Ty Lawson v Matthew Dellavedova!

• willedav said, on November 5, 2016 at 4:11 pm

good one. Can’t remember last time I saw the words epic and Kings together (unless it was describing yet another DMC meltdown) since Vlade Divac days.
      Hey refresh my memory who was Mike Bibby’s running mate in backcourt, tall skinny and played at Pepperdine?

• zumiee said, on November 5, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Doug Christie? Great defender, below average shooter. He sometimes is a studio person these days for Kings pre and post-game shows.

• willedav said, on November 5, 2016 at 4:52 pm

yeah that’s him, thx Zum.

68. djloo27 said, on November 5, 2016 at 12:35 pm

The Cespedes auction is officially underway.
    My guess is 5/$137.5…

69. zumiee said, on November 5, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Michigan Wolverines have a receiver named Jake Butt.

• zumiee said, on November 5, 2016 at 2:01 pm

It took Harbaugh a couple of years to build a championship contender at Michigan. The guy’s a weirdo, but he knows how to win at football.

• djloo27 said, on November 5, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Hard to top this guy:

70. snarkk said, on November 5, 2016 at 2:13 pm

Going to the Cal v Husky game at Berkeley with some friends from Seattle, and big UW fans.
    7;30 start is absolutely asinine. This has to stop. Friends said they too cannot handle night starts at UW. They say half the stadium leaves after 10 pm with the game still going on. Like at Cal, a night game at that beautiful UW stadium on the lake is an abomination…

71. unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2016 at 5:41 pm

Until he wins it all. Harbaugh will be Bud Grant in my book.

I ain’t t much for college football but Ala/LSU looks like a fun one. Is the SEC the only conference that plays defense?

72. unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2016 at 5:43 pm

Harbaugh always seems to figure out how to fuck things up at the worst possible time. Per usual, he demands the highest salary in his sport and still hasn’t won anything. He’s had success but . . .

73. unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Those Kings teams were pretty fun back in the aughts.

We had just moved to Roseville at the time, and you’d see the guys out and about all the time. My middle daughter got to meet Bobby Jackson at the water park in Roseville. She wouldn’t go talk to him without me. It was very cute. That team with Peja, Bobby Jackson, Doug Christie, Vlade Divac and Turkeyglue was a lot of fun.

Too bad Tim Donaghy was reffing those games . . .

74. unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2016 at 6:50 pm

You could be this guy, DJ…

ayup

• djloo27 said, on November 5, 2016 at 8:44 pm

Wrong number, Chuck…

75. unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2016 at 7:49 pm

On 2nd glance, it ain’t the defense, it’s these Neanderthal offenses.

Apparently the SEC refs want Bama to win. Joke calls on that last drive.

76. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 5, 2016 at 8:46 pm

Story I just read has the Giants as the first of 4 teams that *need* Cespedes. What say you, Flappers? I would love to see a “difference maker” like Cespedes out in LF, but would’ve been more keen for him a few years ago. Now he’s seeking 5 years…. I dunno….

• djloo27 said, on November 5, 2016 at 8:51 pm

Nowadays it’s pretty much a given that you’re gonna overpay and the last few years of a long-term contract will be horrendous. If you sign Cespedes for 5 years, you’re hoping for 3 good ones…

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 5, 2016 at 8:56 pm

I’d even settle for 2 good ones…..

• djloo27 said, on November 5, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Posey signed for $21.4 million per year through 2021.
        Wonder how that’s one’s gonna look especially if he continues to catch…

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 5, 2016 at 9:10 pm

I love Buster as our catcher. Up the middle with him, Craw and Panik, pretty solid. CF, not so much. But yeah, that’s a LONG contract and will likely see him move from behind the plate at some point. But I hope not for a few years.

• djloo27 said, on November 5, 2016 at 9:14 pm

So Paul, was Blade’s announcement a surprise to you? Will you guys be neighbors and go on double-dates?

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 5, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Without “telling tales out of school”, a little surprised at how fast he made it happen…. But he was a man on a mission and would not be denied. πŸ™‚ Linh’s great. Double dating, lulz……. Maybe I’ll be inspired to settle down too. Just… so many choices, so little time….

77. djloo27 said, on November 5, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Vietnam sounds like paradise.
    Maybe I need to stop watching The Deer Hunter…

• unca_chuck said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:17 am

Mao! Mao!!

lqtm

That is one intense movie.

78. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 5, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Well, like any other place in the world, VN certainly has its good points, and its maddening points… Life in a developing country, with a very silly authoritarian government, has its challenges, but you learn to roll with it. Paradise? Yes, sometimes it is. When I decided to move over here (China, Vietnam) 13 years ago, I was sort of dead in the water in my normal, day to day world. Felt old beyond my years. Here, new life has been injected into my soul and I now feel so much younger than my years. The change did me good.

• blade3colorado said, on November 6, 2016 at 1:54 am

Excellent (and accurate) post about Vietnam. Related to what Paul said, the days go by much faster in Vietnam versus Denver. Yes, part of it is perception on my part, but I can also cite many examples, e.g., most Vietnamese eat out for breakfast, lunch and dinner (at least 2 of 3 meals) every day. Consequently, you’re normally socializing with family and/or friends. Conversely, I rarely ate breakfast while living in Denver, much less going to a restaurant for this meal. Similarly, I would say that at most, I would go to lunch and/or dinner with a friend(s) 1-3 times a week at most. No family in Denver, so that obviously would impact what I said somewhat.

Also, Vietnamese are fascinated with foreigners and it is easy to make friends here (especially women). Yep, all of this makes the days go by quick. No time for boredom.

• pawliekokonuts said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:07 am

So, I missed the declaration. You’re engaged? Bravo! Felicitations!

79. willedav said, on November 6, 2016 at 8:19 am

What’s wrong with Bud Grant? He used to show up in his short sleeves in that freezing weather. always had soft spot for the old Vikes, cool uni/helmet, of the Tarkenton days. Guy used to bedevil the Niners.

And who can forget Simmons commentary as “Marshall is running the wrong way” one of the dangest things I’ve ever seen in a pro football game.

• willedav said, on November 6, 2016 at 8:58 am

we were washing Dad’s car in the driveway with radio on as Simmons calls it. Simmons was a great football announcer, who used to give it to them pretty hard with that sense of humor of his when they sucked, which was far too often in those days.
      Marshall of course was a hella good player, undersized D End. Billy Kilmer actually caught the pass (#17), another oddity. You can see Vikes D guys like #45 Ed Sharockman running toward Niners goal, and then Marshall all by himself headed other way. Bruce Bosley I think is the guy who pats him on shoulder after he scores. And Vikes did come back and ultimately win the game.

80. willedav said, on November 6, 2016 at 9:55 am

Appears the epic Kings/Bucks matchup didn’t materialize as Kings (minus Rudy Gay) were down 27 by end of 3rd Q to J Kidd’s boys.
    Ty Lawson’s line: 0-4 from floor in 20 minutes, 2 rebounds 6 assists 1 point 2 turnovers. Hmmnn.

• zumiee said, on November 6, 2016 at 10:09 am

The Kings suffer from bad drafts, bad GM-ing. So many high draft picks wasted. I’m not sure Divak will accomplish the learning curve. I do like the new head coach, though. He’s trying to get them to defend. They lack talent on offense, though.
      More high draft picks coming, I guess.

81. snarkk said, on November 6, 2016 at 10:43 am

Late night college games just aren’t real cool.
    Especially when you’re down by 20+ in the third quarter.
    I predicted to my UW friend a 52 -28 Husky win over Cal. I was two TDs short on the Huskies. Cal played ’em pretty solid in the first half, helped by a Husky mistake or two, then as usual, the second half was a Cal defensive collapse. I don’t know if UW is that good, actually. Cal defense is horrific, was poor to star the year, now racked with injuries. Mix in the Chip Kelly offense issue — too many three and outs, the defense gets worn out in the second half, and craters. Defensive secondary got torched all game like the Giants Pen. Huskies were open sometimes 5-10 yards in space; Cal D talent just not there, plus they often look like they don’t know what they’re supposed to do…

• willedav said, on November 6, 2016 at 11:57 am

Cool you went tho Snarkk. UW probably more fun to watch for your friends than Seahawks.
      Dykes reminds me of Don Coryell, innovative offensive genius but maybe ultimately incapable of putting together an entire winning team.
      Cal is probably best of second tier in the conference, behind UW Wazzu Cards Utah Colo and SC. QB and running game fun to watch but otherwise…

• snarkk said, on November 6, 2016 at 12:05 pm

The stadium emptied out starting halfway thru Q3. Combo of Cal being hopelessly down, plus it was already past 10 pm. I think the Pac 12 has to regroup on this TV thing. People are not going to buy season tix when they don’t know game times, and expect that at least half will be at night. We had dinner w/our UW friends before the game in Berkeley, which was cool, but it was way early. The whole experience seems bassackwards and just plain not right. I doubt east coasters at 1 am are watching the third quarter of UW v. Cal; nor is greater SoCal. So, I don’t see the point in this late night abomination. We left with 10 minutes to go in Q4, it was around 11:15 pm. I’d say by then 90% of the crowd had left, it was like watching a scrimmage…

82. djloo27 said, on November 6, 2016 at 1:01 pm

I seriously cannot believe some of the things I see in NFL games – stupidity everywhere…

• willedav said, on November 6, 2016 at 2:39 pm

That Steelers kicker, wow. Out of the Garo Yepremian school I guess.

• unca_chuck said, on November 6, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Welcome to 49er football.

83. unca_chuck said, on November 6, 2016 at 4:21 pm

80 fucking offensive plays for NO. Just enough stupid mistakes to let another one fly away without too much fuss.

84. pawliekokonuts said, on November 6, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Blade, warmest best wishes, and congratulations, to you and Linh.

• blade3colorado said, on November 6, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Thank you Pawlie!

85. unca_chuck said, on November 6, 2016 at 5:05 pm

At least the Raiders are playing a meaningful game. We get to see if they are pretenders or contenders. The Durs have been playing like shit at home so this should be interesting.

86. unca_chuck said, on November 6, 2016 at 5:09 pm

Snarkk, yeah that really stinks that the nework poobahs schedule shit like that. And the schools roll over.

The east coast bias is bad enough without playing games that end at 2:30 in the morning.

87. zumiee said, on November 6, 2016 at 5:34 pm

Kings defeat the Raptors! Great game!

88. alleykat69 said, on November 6, 2016 at 6:07 pm

Wow that really is fantastic news Blade!!
    Congrats to both you&Linh!
    You 2 will make great parents and remember theirs plenty of Flappers except me that will change a diaper my brother!!

• blade3colorado said, on November 6, 2016 at 6:25 pm

AK, thank you much! Going to have to learn how myself. lulz

• djloo27 said, on November 6, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Since they invented disposable diapers, there’s really nothing to it. Many years ago, I watched one of my best friends master it in no time. It inspired me to write a little song about him called “The Pamperer” (sung to the tune of “The Wanderer”). It ended the friendship…

• Flavor said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Loo, this post is some of the best under the radar off season gold the Flap will ever know…….

89. Flavor said, on November 6, 2016 at 6:09 pm

90. snarkk said, on November 6, 2016 at 6:39 pm

Giants need to stop screwing around with the Pen and get some real talent for the late innings. They spent major cake for Cueto and Samardzzzz, so it makes no sense to spend that kind of cash to supposedly get the squad in a position to win a game, then bring in a meathead like Strickland to close. Get somebody who mows them down, not somebody who flies close to the sun every damn time in the 9th…

91. Flavor said, on November 6, 2016 at 6:54 pm

i’m interested to see the fallout when/if the Raiders move to Las Vegas. They have to know that they will now just be another show in LV. No fan base. Davis must not care, he just wants a new stadium. But I can’t believe a team without a fanbase will ever win a championship. The players will slowly sink into the Vegas lifestyle and probably figure that if there aren’t any fans who care why should they? They’d be Celine Dion wearing helmets. They still get paid the same and can focus up on all that Vegas pussy that will be throwing itself their way. Raiders last chance to win a SB could be this year……

• zumiee said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:15 pm

They do seem legit this season.

• djloo27 said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:20 pm

The only one I can think of is the Colorado Avalanche who won the Stanley Cup in their first season after moving from Quebec where they were the Nordiques.

92. zumiee said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Many political analysts have Nevada blue, but Nate has it slightly red. I keep expecting him to flip it blue.
    Nate ended up 50 for 50 in ’12 and 49 out of 50 in ’08.

• djloo27 said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:40 pm

If Hilary wins, I may have to get rid of my TV.
      I can’t listen to that voice for 4 years…

• Flavor said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:49 pm

i’d pay top dollar for the audio to a Hilary sex tape. It would ruin sex and pretty much everything else for me but the lol I would get out of that would last a lifetime…..

• unca_chuck said, on November 6, 2016 at 8:17 pm

If Trump wins, he may take it away from you.

• zumiee said, on November 6, 2016 at 8:21 pm

It wouldn’t be surprising if Hillary routinely spanks Bill, and he says: “I’ve been bad.”

• giants54 said, on November 6, 2016 at 9:40 pm

And the lil bitch trump whining is music to your ears?

93. Flavor said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:47 pm

• djloo27 said, on November 6, 2016 at 7:59 pm

That is phenomenal, but you know I’m partial to this one:

94. snarkk said, on November 6, 2016 at 8:01 pm

I dunno.
    This cover of Time was pretty good; maybe a little more important than Vida in the windup… http://time.com/vault/issue/1945-05-07/page/1/

95. snarkk said, on November 6, 2016 at 8:15 pm

My prediction on the Raiders and Vegas.
    If they indeed move there for a stadium, then within 5 years of moving there Mark Davis will be taken totally out of ownership, or will be relegated to a tiny minority interest. The NFL will want to send him packing, they have to view him as a lightweight that gets in the way. That Trump-supporter A-hole Adelson, if he lives long enough, or some other billionaire will take the team over — the ultimate win the NFL wants over the legacy of Al Davis…

96. djloo27 said, on November 6, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Is there any buzz about the Giants and Cespedes out west?
    Back here, I’d say the media vibe is he ain’t comin’ back…

97. zumiee said, on November 7, 2016 at 12:16 am

Nate just flipped Nevada to slightly blue. Hispanic voters that Trump spent over a year completely losing are voting against him in big numbers, not surprisingly.

• zumiee said, on November 7, 2016 at 12:28 am

Just losing Nevada would make it almost impossible for Trump to win.

98. […] in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 7, 2016 djloo27 said, on November 6, 2016 at 8:43 pm […]