Our Country is Comprised of Dunderheads

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 9, 2016

Still not even beginning to get over the incomprehensible developments from last night but I thought I’d pop a new thread up anyway. Radio guys are pushing hard for the Giants to sign Chapman. I personally don’t think Sabes would ever pull the trigger on him (lqtm) because of the area we live and the sensitivity most people here have for domestic violence issues. But who knows, I could be wrong. Did Chapman ever serve any time or lose any money or anything? If he paid some sort of debt I could get on board. But you have to think he’s going somewhere else for much more money than we offer….

______________

#FreeStix! RPOTD! I’m starting to run out of steam on these so brace yourself for the most recent one you read to be the last one you read….

Carstie Clausen said, on January 14, 2016 at 2:56 pm (Edit)

Icelander genome is roughly half Norwegian and half Irish. Pawlie, you should run into some stunning redheads as well as the blondes. Place was founded by a bunch of Vikings whose king Harald of Norway lost out to Irish chieftan Brian Boru at the battle of Clontarf. They hoisted up their colleens, boarded their Langskips and headed off from the island they had named Ireland to the island of Iceland or “Island” in the native tongue.

1. willedav said, on November 9, 2016 at 8:30 pm

I do wonder what in the end are defining factors for why a guy signs with one org or another.
    why would Greinke leave LA to go play for a crummy team in a hitters yard like he did?
    Nowadays I think players know guys on other teams, so what would matter most to someone like Chapman?

• djloo27 said, on November 9, 2016 at 8:37 pm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2. willedav said, on November 9, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Loo I know you are right, but what is the difference btw $95 and $100 million?

Greinke was making a ton of money from Dodgers in the middle of a deal and opted out to go play for the DBax and wound up dead last. If he’d stayed they might have won it all. Does the money he made while getting his ass kicked for a team going nowhere trump that?

Chapman has been with 3 teams already. Why sign with one more than another is all I wonder about.

• djloo27 said, on November 9, 2016 at 9:26 pm

I don’t know, Willie. I really can’t grasp these numbers.
      I think Greinke was quoted last year as saying he would go to the team that gives him $1 more than another.
      At least he was honest…

3. zumiee said, on November 9, 2016 at 9:59 pm

Chapman was suspended for a couple of months, so perhaps that cost him some money.

4. zumiee said, on November 9, 2016 at 10:03 pm

As for our nation, Hillary ended up with more votes than Trump. The electoral college rears its antiquated head again.

5. zumiee said, on November 9, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Kendrick has asked the Dodgers to trade him. He only started 3 of their 11 playoff games.

6. unca_chuck said, on November 9, 2016 at 10:55 pm

Ahhh, the Battle of Clondarf. I remember it well. Magnus the Magnificent earned his stripes in that war.

DJ’s right. The diff between $95 mill and $100 is . . . $5 mill. Not a big diff when talking these kinds of numbers, but in and of itself, a lot of money to leave on the table.

Saying you make $100 mill sounds cooler than 95 besides. Look at Pablo. He left for the Giants ‘restrictive’ policies. He took less, or the same, or some shit.

I’m as shocked as anyone about the results of the election but protesting in the streets over it? Stupid. Maybe you should have fucking voted.

7. blade3colorado said, on November 10, 2016 at 2:46 am

In my opinion, a new paradigm has appeared insofar as the electorate is now comprised of not only lower class whites without college degrees, but also whites with degrees (perhaps a large % being former Obama and Bernie Sanders supporters), but who find themselves working in dead end service jobs, e.g., Starbucks barista. Couple that with Blacks essentially sitting out this election and the hispanic vote – significantly increasing – but not nearly enough to overcome Trump’s “burning down the house” campaign.

Robert Reich in a number of post election articles indicated as much. Also, he said the reason no one was buying what the Democrats (Clinton) was selling was two-fold: 1. They didn’t trust Clinton . . . Hated her actually and believeed it would be the same old thing again; and, 2. The decades long Democratic love affair with haute East coast money (banks, corporations, and Silicon valley too), whereby wages not only were stagnant, but in real dollars/inflation, paychecks actually went down significantly; healthcare had no public option, and fucked up trade deals.

Here is a good article describing Trump’s coalition and why they abandoned the Dems.

8. Bozo said, on November 10, 2016 at 5:47 am

I read that the Rays are willing to listen to offers for Longoria, I wonder what it would take to get that guy?