Blade Has Been Busier Than You This Off Season

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 19, 2016

As nothing continues to happen in our baseball world, I want to take this opportunity to congratulate Blade and his new bride. I believe they got married today. It’s shocking how many changes have occurred in his life over the last couple of months. They both look very happy to me…..

____________

#FreeStix! RPOTD

I read “Bighouse” where it says “Cathouse”.

Carstie Clausen said, on December 25, 2015 at 12:00 pm (Edit)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holly Daze to all the Flappers and many thanks to Flavor for keeping this blogsite going and happening. Life in the Cathouse on Echo Ridge is pretty warm and cozy with two wood stoves going and temps outdoors actually up in the 20’s a bit. About 4″ of snow on the ground and colder weather soon to ooze in from westwards. Now it’s wash up a bit, don the outdoor boots n’ stuff and gather in some more firewood and cookstove wood. Daily chores help keep things from getting too stale. Not possible to become a total couchpotato ~ even in the most tempting time of year for such slacktivities.

1. willedav said, on November 19, 2016 at 8:32 am

ELO, really?

Found a gem in library, “Resurrection of Pigboy Crabshaw” by Paul Butterfield with Elvin Bishop, Mark Naftalin and David Sanborn on reeds. Good stuff, after East/West. I pity the Fool, Born under a Bad Sign, Driftin and Driftin, One More Headache (probably theme song for Snarkk and Cal football fans today), Drivin wheel.

Warriors roll on. Didn’t see any of this last one, but watching Durant he looks like he could get 50 anytime he wanted to. No one can contest his shot when he gets inside 15 feet and he hits 90 pct of his FTs. He can go coast to coast and get to the rim, and knock down 3s if you sag.

I love guys who can play D, but at this level sometimes it’s just a matter of good players missing shots they normally make. so many of these guys, 300 of best ballers in the world, are unguardable.

• xoot said, on November 19, 2016 at 2:39 pm

One More Heartache. Great cut. Can’t recall–how did Elvin Bishop get that nickname? Have to look it up. Bruce Jenkins haters, ignore this: http://blog.sfgate.com/threedotblog/2010/06/23/a-few-minutes-with-dusty-and-elvin/

• pawliekokonuts said, on November 19, 2016 at 8:01 pm

I went to college for a year in Minnesota. I think Naftalin’s dad was the mayor of St. Paul.

• xoot said, on November 19, 2016 at 9:05 pm

The county jail that’s holding Stix for the feds is just outside Minneapolis.

2. willedav said, on November 19, 2016 at 8:59 am

Cousin of mine used to love ELO; various times we shared a pad. I usually had pretty derogatory things to say about them at the time. Music, as Duke Ellington puts it, is either good or the other kind. Constantly amazed at variety of tastes here and shows others have seen and continue to see in support music they enjoy.

Asleep at the Wheel was in town recently, would have liked to catch present version, esp if Big Ray is still in charge.

• Bozo said, on November 19, 2016 at 1:30 pm

Saw Asleep at the Wheel a few years ago in New Orleans and Shamarr Allen sat in with them on trumpet. They kicked ass. I’ve seen Asleep at the Wheel a number of times, once at the Palomino in LA back in the 70s I was taking a piss when Ray went to the urinal next to me, he asked, hows it going, what do you say to a guy you just paid a cover charge to see? I zipped up and said have a good show.

3. djloo27 said, on November 19, 2016 at 11:12 am

Congrats, Blade!

• zumiee said, on November 19, 2016 at 11:49 am

Excellent! 🙂

• pawliekokonuts said, on November 19, 2016 at 6:41 pm

brilliant

4. zumiee said, on November 19, 2016 at 11:48 am

Willie, surely you have a musical “guilty pleasure” or two? 🙂

5. zumiee said, on November 19, 2016 at 11:56 am

Loo, regarding biographies, the authors often do dig up some new things about the person. In the Lennon bio, Norman gives more info about Lennon’s family tree than was previously known. It turns out that Lennon had a paternal grandfather who was in an Irish band that had toured the U.S. at one point. Lennon never knew any of that! He had very little contact with his biological father, and his mother died young, struck by a bus in a freak accident. He was mostly raised by his Aunt Mimi.

6. pawliekokonuts said, on November 19, 2016 at 1:37 pm

Steve, a.k.a. Blade, hearty felicitations and warmest, truest better-than-best wishes.

7. pawliekokonuts said, on November 19, 2016 at 1:38 pm

It was up to 69 ot 70 degrees today. Predicting a foot or more of lake-effect snow!!!! It’s turning colder already. The hawk!

8. Flavor said, on November 19, 2016 at 2:49 pm

lol, I live amongst huge labia….

• snarkk said, on November 19, 2016 at 5:36 pm

Better to stay at a local watering hole for a few pints rather than sit in the rain to watch McCaffery run sprints through the Cal defense. So, Cal being near or exactly dead last in the country in run defense might have had something to do with the crowd today. I don’t see too many Stanfools either on the south end in this photo. Cal’s D is one of the few that can give up points so easily to make David Shaw look like he’s actually not the most annoyingly conservative play caller in the nation…

9. Flavor said, on November 19, 2016 at 3:17 pm

this guy is just the best. Ever.

• djloo27 said, on November 19, 2016 at 3:23 pm

That is outstanding.
      Worst game ever…

• zumiee said, on November 19, 2016 at 4:25 pm

The ball was a piece of felt.

10. pawliekokonuts said, on November 19, 2016 at 6:44 pm

A heartwarming story.

My daughter went to Corcoran High School. Go, Cougars!

• pawliekokonuts said, on November 19, 2016 at 6:49 pm

I just wish I had gone. I didn’t realize it was today, sunny and warm day. I would’ve cried, no doubt.

• pawliekokonuts said, on November 19, 2016 at 6:49 pm

Is there a way to post one of those awesome photos of Chase here??

• Macdog said, on November 19, 2016 at 8:25 pm

I wonder if my buddy from Baldwinsville took part in that.

11. unca_chuck said, on November 19, 2016 at 10:26 pm

ELO and REO Speedwagon were two bands I couldn’t take. Although riding the storm out is a great song. Boston got old real fast as well. Same with Zep and the Beatles. I can still listen to the Who and the Stones all night.

ELO was actually OK. They had some substance. What I can’t figure out is why I have been listening to a lot of British metal. Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. Lemmy and Motorhead. Metallica. System of a Down. All kinds of loud hard stuff.

12. unca_chuck said, on November 19, 2016 at 10:28 pm

Here’s one, Pawlie

cc

• pawliekokonuts said, on November 20, 2016 at 12:17 pm

oh, man. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

13. unca_chuck said, on November 19, 2016 at 10:33 pm

And, Congrats, Blade!!!!!! Where do you honeymoon when you are already in paradise?