No Baseball and NFL Sucks

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 20, 2016

Whattya gimmie for an NFL Sunday? I have been grinding through this season. Part of it is that the Niners are nearly unwatchable. The rest of it is the putrid product across the board. And the penalties. I can’t deal with some of these penalties. The celebration flags are the worst thing in all of sport. If it weren’t for DFS I doubt I’d even watch. NFL would be like a step above hockey to me…..

___________

Decided to pull a Stix post from the Summer. Enough of all that cold, freezing shit.

#FreeStix! RPOTD

Carstie Clausen said, on June 26, 2016 at 8:46 am (Edit)

Were the Giants actually bored with winning all the time? Seeking to develop more drama? Bochy has, indeed, fallen into his old personal trap of playing the veterans at the expense of younger players who may represent the future for this team and have been winning their chops lately.

Flapper analysts are almost in perfect accord of doubting on regularly playing both Blanco and Span and wondering why at least one of the Parker/Williamson prospects are not seeing daily starting assignments. Something’s gotta give. If we can see this can’t management and upper management also reason out the obvious? They are paid to do that.

Said it before over a period now extending out for several years: Seriously hoping that somebody in the front office has the sense to assign one of their up and coming staffers to regularly monitor fan blogs for depth insights into what the base is thinking about the team and the way it’s run. Big Flavor’s blog is laden with up to the minute insights from the perspective of the most committed Giants fans on planet earth. If the front office does not avail themselves of this free sounding board they are, in the inimitable usage of Twinfan, “stoopid”.

1. willedav said, on November 20, 2016 at 7:56 am

Even with all the rules, which neither players nor officials and coaches understand, guys still get hurt all the time.
    College is just more fun to watch for me personally, though this season is Alabama and everyone else.

There was a weird dynamic to 2016 season where with replacement guys in LU Giants were still doing pretty well. General sentiment was we get the regs back, look out. Then they came back and offense went south. other problems emerged even after trades and the season ended on sour note.
    Williamson and Specs both got hurt at exactly the wrong time too and Blanco later revealed he had been hurt for quite some time. Span said he didn’t work out in off season because he was still recovering and didn’t have the year Giants anticipated.

So healthy, I don’t think anyone, bloggers or FO, knows what they have/what they can expect from offense.

2. willedav said, on November 20, 2016 at 7:58 am

How do you explain the Padres and their no name kids, whom everyone else stomped on all year, doing what they did to Giants in second half?

3. djloo27 said, on November 20, 2016 at 8:12 am

RE: Stix RPOTD

I would love to know if anyone associated with the Giants has ever glanced at this thing of ours-not for insight but for a goof…

• willedav said, on November 20, 2016 at 8:29 am

Idk, man highly doubt it. Sabes used to be on podcasts with SJ Merc guy Tim Kawakami and those were quite interesting. Kawakami can be strident but he was mellow with Sabes, who I think views most bloggers as members of lunatic fringe whose opinions don’t deserve a response.

I’d really like to know what happened to Baggs blog over at Merc news site. I used to check in there occasionally and there were many good posters, including Twin, amongst a couple obvious trolls that were consistently negative and generally ignored or ragged on by others. Couple of them went to a lot of minors ball games and reported regularly on Giants prospects at all levels.
      Then all of sudden poof and it went up in smoke. Someone pulled plug, for whatever reason.

4. snarkk said, on November 20, 2016 at 8:40 am

I don’t pay much attention anymore to NFL. Unwatchable, even if I had cable. If not for gambling, nobody would care. It’s litigation with yellow flags. Thinking back to the mid-70s Raiders, now that was entertaining sports. Every game was a fun watch; no comparison to today’s slog. Niners game today — they’ll probably lose by 20+. The Pats have played in a division that’s been crap for just about all of the last 15 years, so they regularly have home field in the playoffs, which is huge …

5. snarkk said, on November 20, 2016 at 8:43 am

Put Billichick and the Pats in the AFC central with Pitt and ravens the last 15 years, and the Hoodie suddenly is not such a genius…

6. willedav said, on November 20, 2016 at 9:03 am

Well, it does burn to see LeGarrette Blount do so many good things for NE.. Harbs wouldn’t even play the guy and Niners dumped him. He might have been a problem child who rubbed Harbs (prickly sort himself as we all know) the wrong way, but as soon as he gets in Belicheat’s system he’s a productive player.

• snarkk said, on November 20, 2016 at 12:01 pm

Chuck can weigh in, but I think Blount never signed or played for the Niners. Wiki says he talked with em, but went to the Titans to start his NFL stint in 2010, before Harbaugh came to the Niners in 2011. Maybe you’re thinking of LaMichael James? I think he’s outta the league right now…

• willedav said, on November 20, 2016 at 2:01 pm

sure I’m mixing them up. Usually blown extra point comes back to haunt, but unlikely today except for gamblers. Cool to see Brady highlights from days at Serra, same place Barry Bonds went.

7. snarkk said, on November 20, 2016 at 2:06 pm

I guess Brady might have extra juice to play Niners, but how much could he still be PO’d they didn’t draft him? He got passed up by everybody else, too, for 5 rounds. And nobody from the Niners around then is around now. Seems Brady on a mission to humble the Niners is a bit of a stretch. Pats should clean Niners clock anyway…

8. unca_chuck said, on November 20, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Class of ’79, Willie. I was 3 years ahead of Bonds. Used to see him hit the building across El Camino at Central Park in San Mateo.

No Blount never played for the Niners.

9. Flavor said, on November 20, 2016 at 3:13 pm

If Brady is trying to stick it to the Niners for not drafting him he’s crazy. Shit, is he pissed at NE too for waiting so long to draft him?

10. zumiee said, on November 20, 2016 at 7:31 pm

Niner games…..what’s the point?

• Flavor said, on November 20, 2016 at 7:34 pm

watching the players interviewed after, they seem like they could give a shit at this point. I don’t doubt their effort during the games but win or lose? They are fine with either…..

11. mrsprtdude said, on November 20, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Snark I don’t think Brady was amped to play the Niners. He does this ( 4 tD’s ) almost every week. He is old yet still the best QB in football. Even a die hard Niner fan like me can easily say he is the best QB ever.
    It isn’t arguable. If you compare him and Joe the edge goes to Brady. Why? Break the tie via supporting cast.
    Montana had the best WR in history and Roger Craig for much of his career. Brady has had a revolving door of scrubs every year he has played until recently, (Gronk) and even he has been hurt so much he only plays half the time.
    For Joe to be the 2nd best isn’t bad:)

12. blade3colorado said, on November 20, 2016 at 9:58 pm

I want to thank Flavor for his thread yesterday (which I just saw) and all of you for the congratulations here and on Facebook. All of your good thoughts and best wishes regarding my marriage to Linh are much appreciated. Also, a big thank you to Paul – who represented my family and friends at the wedding. This is what happens when you have a short notice “shotgun wedding.” lulz

13. mrsprtdude said, on November 20, 2016 at 10:57 pm