Getting Away

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 23, 2016

Gonna take a break from the musings of our license plate makin’ maestro and talk about something I’ve always wondered about: where do you guys go? I’m not talking about leaving the house, walking the earth, that kind of stuff. Where do you go when you leave town? I’ve been around the world but as I’ve aged I find myself sticking closely to the west coast. This slice of the earth is my favorite and I will never tire of visiting my west coast cities and towns.  I’m hoping one day I get to travel somewhere with San Dawg and Harvey. Here they are yesterday. Diggity, let’s toss our sticks in the back and head north to Bandon. That would be a fun 2 week trip……

diggity1

1. chipower9 said, on November 23, 2016 at 8:15 am

Of late, the trips have been Western U.S. We did an agility trial with the dogs a few years back in Eureka, and then headed north to the Oregon coast for a week or so…spending two nights in Bandon. LOVE Bandon. It is definitely on the list of places we want to visit again.

Gail and I did a 10 day roadie to Southern Utah a few years back. Great trip. We used Kodachrome Basin State Park as our base as we hiked that beautiful state (Escalante/Grand Staircase, Bryce, Zion, Calf Creek Falls, Kanab, etc.). GORGEOUS country. We will definitely do another trip to Southern Utah and Northern, AZ, with the focus on hiking slot canyons.

I have started charting a few future trips (southern, northern and central U.S. trips). I bought a 24′ travel trailer earlier this year, so looking forward to hitting the road. There is much of this beautiful country that is calling my name. We will probably be on the road for two months at a time, max. Anything over that, and Gail would get serious withdraws from not seeing/riding her horse.

I have seen a fair amount of the world (nothing like Blade, but more than many) during my daze with the Air Force, and also some business trips (England, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Korea, Guam, Japan, Saudi Arabia…probably missing a few), but future trips will most likely be across this vast, wide, beautiful country of ours.

• blade3colorado said, on November 23, 2016 at 9:43 am

Great post Chi! Sheesh, I have never been to Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Guam or Saudi Arabia – so yes, you have “seen a fair amount of the world.”

• chipower9 said, on November 23, 2016 at 10:26 am

Yeah brother, but you have been to a lot of places I have never visited, too.

Be sure to ping me when you are going to be in NorCal. It would be cool if we could get as many Flappers as possible from NorCal/the Bay Area together. If nothing else, I will make the time to get down and see you my friend. Congrats again on your marriage. You and Linh make a beautiful couple.

2. chipower9 said, on November 23, 2016 at 8:16 am

BTW – Great shot of San Diggity.

3. willedav said, on November 23, 2016 at 8:36 am

Blade talking biceps of the Mrs. end of last thread was funny. Finally managed to convince lady friend of mine from Taiwan to do some strength conditioning couple days a week to balance out all the cardio and leg work.

I’m in gym (5 minutes from my apt) 3-4 days a week and it’s pretty rare to see gals of any age pick up a free weight or use machines/cables for anything other than leg/ab/glut. Cardio/dance/step they are relentless. My friend does Zumba now, a word she cannot really pronounce.

And so I wanted to ask Blade about fitness clubs in his new homeland and what he does to maintain his workout level over there.
    Also what sport(s) would be most popular.
    Love the avatar, really nice pic.

4. chipower9 said, on November 23, 2016 at 9:07 am

~82 days until pitchers and catchers report.

Following-up on some of the chatter from yesterday’s thread.

GH – in discussion on McCutchen and about Holland being a part of a deal. I double the FUCK THAT. Holland has had I believe THREE Tommy Johns. So, not no, but FUCK NO.

Snarkk – thanks for the share on “Pistol Pete” Maravich. I idolized that dude going back to his college days at LSU (did not get to see him often then, but loved it when I did). While a lot of folks knew him for his long-range jumper and scoring prowess, he was probably the best all-time ball handler, ever. He was probably the first human highlight reel.

5. chipower9 said, on November 23, 2016 at 9:10 am

I would love McCutchen, and feel we DO have the pieces to swing a deal…question is do we want to pony-up what it would take. I know a lot of guys here would package Panik in a deal, but no way for me. Arroyo also would be off the table, as I truly see him being our 3rd sacker for a long time, probably beginning in 2018.

Fuck it…toss them a few good prospect arms…we seem to have an abundance. But personally, Panik and Arroyo would be a no-go on that deal.

6. blade3colorado said, on November 23, 2016 at 9:14 am

Thank you for the kind words Willie. Much appreciated!

I’m seeing a lot of trips to the USA and back to Vietnam for the next couple of years. It will easily take a year and probably 2 years to transition to my new home. Consequently, Linh, her 2 year old son, and our baby, which is due in July or August, will probably require us to be “home bodies” for the forseeable future.

Willie, my prior workout in hte USA for the last couple of years was fairly intense, although only 2 or 3 sessions a week. Usually a couple of hours, sometimes 2.5 to 3 hours, entailing cardio (elliptical), core (crunches, big ball and abdomen machines), and anaerobic (free weights and machines).Ugh.

Now, it is 20-30 minutes of 5 sets of 150 crunches and 5 sets of 40 pushups. I also walk a lot (8000 steps my daily goal via my Xiaomi Fit Band II). I always come to Vietnam at around 175 to 180 lbs and end up losing 10-12 lbs. within a month. Easily. The heat, humidity, and healthy food, coupled with 2-5 visits to the sauna (dry heat, steam, cold water immersion tank, and jacuzzi) guarantees that. Massages are out now, except for foot/leg/body massages in the “common areas.” Linh would have a big problem with “happy endings.” Ha.

Badminton is big here, as is table tennis (which I am very good at). I would like to learn how to play badminton. Basketball is also big here, but I haven’t played in years and I would get killed after a few minutes of playing (sort of a use it, lose it deal as you well know Willie). Soccer is the biggest viewing sport. They have some very nice fitness clubs here Willie, as well as some very basic ones (brutal because they usually do not have AC). I really don’t want to join a fitness club right now because I am so busy and the 20-30 minutes session I am doing every day is keeping me in shape.

• blade3colorado said, on November 23, 2016 at 9:26 am

Willie, regarding my “use it lose it” comment – I was referring to the necessary stamina to play B ball. Last time I played (umm, maybe I was 55 or 56, I was like a fish out of water . . . just gulping for air, totally winded). Also very sore for the next week.

7. blade3colorado said, on November 23, 2016 at 9:36 am

What’s the consensus on what happened with McCutchen last season? Playing through injury? Over the hill? Combination of both?

Me? I would stay away from him unless the Giants brass is almost certain that he is going to rebound next season.

8. chipower9 said, on November 23, 2016 at 10:40 am

I am not sure what the deal was last year with McCutcheon. I read somewhere recently that the Pirates think he “may have lost a step” and were considering moving him to a corner OF position.

Look the guy is inked through next year at 14 and there is a club option for 2018 at 14 with a 1 mil buyout.

If we could land him and avoid giving up Arroyo (maybe a Parker and a couple of pitchers that have promise) I would say go for it.

While his stats were down overall last year, he tore it up in our yard:

3 games, 13 AB: .500, .538, .917, 1.451.

Lifetime at the Phone Park: 25 games and 90 AB – .300, .398, .407, .865.

• snarkk said, on November 23, 2016 at 12:14 pm

McCutcheon started poorly, but did better the second half of last season, but I wouldn’t give up the farm system for him, even if he’s sort of cheap at today’s prices. I’d like to see how Parker and Williamson do if given a chance rather than trade them away for somebody that looks like they’re on the way down. Or, here’s a thought — the Giants develop one, one everyday-player caliber MLB outfielder themselves so they don’t have to give away a bunch of farmhands to keep their outfield from being a joke…

• unca_chuck said, on November 23, 2016 at 12:15 pm

Don’t hold your breath.

Giant outfielders = 49er wide recievers

Nary a pig in a poke

• snarkk said, on November 23, 2016 at 12:18 pm

Baseball drafts are more of a crapshoot. So, Niners are worse, I think. How hard is it over a decade to draft a WR that will be at least “good”? How can you pick a WR in the first round out of the Big 10, and the guy basically doesn’t ever play for you, a total waste of a first round pick? Even DHB for the Raiders at least played somewhat. Most other teams seem to be able to draft or pickup good receivers on a regular basis. Yeah, it would help to have a good QB. Still, the Niner receivers are good at dropping balls, if they ever get open and a pass comes their way. Maybe the football gods are punishing the Niners with lousy wideouts for having the GOAT for all those great years? Nah, they’re punishing the Niners by having Jed at the top…

• chipower9 said, on November 24, 2016 at 9:01 am

I am not talking “giving away the farm.” But I would part with Williamson and an arm or two if that got the deal done. We need a LFer NOW, and IMO, Parker nor Williamson are ready to start. The window is closing on this team. McC could be a key piece to another title before the current ship sails.

I would LOVE to see us develop a high caliber OFer, but am with Charlie…not holding my breath.

9. Macdog said, on November 23, 2016 at 10:56 am

Ralph Branca died today at 90, and a little bit more of baseball history is gone.

• djloo27 said, on November 23, 2016 at 11:49 am

Who?

• Macdog said, on November 23, 2016 at 11:55 am

Gave up the Bobby Thomson homer.

• djloo27 said, on November 23, 2016 at 12:22 pm

Was that a big deal or something?

• unca_chuck said, on November 23, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Naaah. A footnote home run . . .

• Macdog said, on November 23, 2016 at 12:28 pm

I think it was like the Ishi of the 50s.

• chipower9 said, on November 24, 2016 at 9:02 am

Who’s Bobby Thompson? 😉

10. unca_chuck said, on November 23, 2016 at 12:21 pm

McClutch is 30 . . . an interesting time. He should be fine, but i profess to have no idea what it would take to get him. He sure beats Gorkys Park.

Looking at a guy like Jayson Hayward, he’s fricking 27 and fell of the face of the earth. Hard to predict these things. Pence is another one who could be in serious decline mode.

JD Martinez looks good as well for a trade. It’ll be one or the other though. Martinez looks to be cheaper, and is a year younger. I’d go for him.

• snarkk said, on November 23, 2016 at 12:29 pm

I’d always go for the younger trade target, and Martinez had a solid year. I’m with you, Pence’s health is worrisome. The guy needs to get off the Paleo diet or whatever, maybe cut down on the workouts, and get himself limber and stretched out to avoid muscle issues. He’ll need to have more days off, meaning the OF bench needs to improve big time. No more Blanco, get some sticks on the bench, or get another third baseman and put Nunie in the OF…

11. unca_chuck said, on November 23, 2016 at 12:26 pm

As far as travelling, with the kids gone, we do a lot of quick weekend things. We just went to Mendocino and Ft Bragg. Never been and it was gorgeous.

Met some friends . . .

IMG_3002

• chipower9 said, on November 24, 2016 at 9:03 am

Holy fuck – you had never been to Mendocino or Ft. Bragg? Yes – beautiful country!

• snarkk said, on November 23, 2016 at 3:16 pm

ESPN recently ranked the Niners organization 122 out of 122 pro sports organizations in North America. Dead last. If I had spent $25K or more on a seat license, I’d be mighty PO’d. Meanwhile, Jed is spending lots of time on his backyard Cabana…

• Flavor said, on November 23, 2016 at 6:51 pm

they should have ranked them 1 millionth out of 122.

12. zumiee said, on November 23, 2016 at 2:10 pm

I was zumiee-in-Asia at the beginning of my life. My biological father was in the Air Force, and our family moved around quite a bit. I was born in a U.S. Air Force base hospital in Tachikawa, Japan. In the 1970s, the U.S. turned over the base to the Japanese, and now some of it’s moss-covered ruins, with half of the base turned into an urban park.
    Here’s the hospital I was born in, in its heyday. Note the giant red cross on the top of the building (although the photo’s black and white.)

13. sfsarge said, on November 23, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Hey all. I had written a nice response this morning and then my phone dropped the data connection and it was gone after that. Basically what I was saying was I’d love to go to Bandon, drove past it once on a road trip and it looked amazing from the highway.

With 3 kids and the youngest just about to be 6, roadies are limited to about 3 hours max. And flying 5 people anywhere gets expensive really fast (1k+ just to go to socal) So Angel’s Camp, Santa Cruz, or Monterey in the summer, Lake Tahoe in the winter.

Every couple of years we like to try to save up and go to Hawaii. That about does it for us.

I just can’t see the Buccos taking a bunch of farm hands for McCutcheon even in a decline. (Pains me to say, he has been another of my favorite players) think the price would be steep. I do like JD Martinez better at this point.

• chipower9 said, on November 24, 2016 at 9:05 am

Hey Sarge – Happy Thanksgiving brother! I agree on the Martinez vs. McC.

14. unca_chuck said, on November 23, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Born and raised in the bay area. Boring I know……. 2 sisters born in Chi-town and a brother born in NY and a sister born in CA .

15. zumiee said, on November 23, 2016 at 2:20 pm

When I was a kid, my step-father and mom took us on trips to see relatives in Utah and Wyoming a few times. We visited museums along the way. My parents wouldn’t be considered highly educated, but they liked museums, and I’m sure visiting those had a big impact on me becoming a history major in college later in life.
    When I was about 20 years old, I went on a cross country trip to the Southeast U.S. In the summer! Very hot and humid, but a great trip, nonetheless. I took the ferry ride out to the island of Fort Sumter, where the Civil War started, and also waded in the Atlantic Ocean for the only time in my life so far. I went to DisneyWorld, which was pretty fun.
    I’ve never been to the Northeast U.S., but it’s definitely high on my list of things to do. Maybe in retirement years, health-willing and all that.

Most of my long travels these days are the occasional roadtrip to Seattle. That’s a fun summer trip. Or SoCal, to hang out in San Diego area. L.A. is not much of a tourist destination, IMO. Although I have to admit, I enjoyed the one trip to Dodger Stadium that I’ve taken so far. They were playing the Cubs that day.

16. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 23, 2016 at 5:56 pm

Good topic, going away. Growing up in the Northeast, did countless trips “down the shore” and a lot of hiking and camping trips to Blue Ridge Mts. in Virginia, and later to Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine. But what I miss most was my time in SF, me and my Jeep Wrangler heading often to the great high deserts of the southwest: Death Valley, Anza Borrego, Joshua Tree. Lost one girlfriend because I chose to do a solo Thanksgiving weekend run to Death Valley instead of turkey day dinner at her house. Pootooweet, go the birds…. Also loved the Lost Coast area, Shelter Cove.. stunning. Here in VN, it’s usually to an island or a coastal town for the weekend, with the occasional “cool down” trip into the mountains…. Still miss my Jeep….

• Flavor said, on November 23, 2016 at 6:50 pm

would love to have been a fly on the wall when you told that chick you were headed to Death Valley instead on TG dinner with fam. That’s epic.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 23, 2016 at 6:58 pm

Yeah, she was pissed. It was a fairly new relationship, and she was inviting all of her many best friends. Oh, and I think it was also a “decorate the Christmas tree” party after the big dinner. I was stressed from work at the time, needed the 4 days away Jeeping in the mountains. Thing is, we had already planned a long weekend on the Big Island for a couple months later, so even though she broke up with me, we still went on the Hawaii trip. Had the best sex we’d ever had. Break-up sex on the beach. Then never saw her again. Good times.

• Flavor said, on November 23, 2016 at 7:07 pm

Loo is gonna love this post.

• chipower9 said, on November 24, 2016 at 9:10 am

Money – pure gold, Paul….breakup sex on the islands…love it!

17. willedav said, on November 23, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Unc, great pic of Brother Thelonious…have to check that out.
    Monk is one of my all time musical heroes. Props to beer guys for putting him on the label.

18. willedav said, on November 23, 2016 at 7:32 pm

Still trying to id logo on SDawg’s hat.
    Nice pic, including front end of the Big Unit.

• chipower9 said, on November 24, 2016 at 9:35 am

WillieD – Quicksilver brand (on SanDiggity’s lid)….

19. xoot said, on November 23, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Looks like the CBA negotiations tossed out the a’s shake up as just the first of many changes to come this year. The qualifying offer may be gone; the 26 man roster may arrive; and the trigger amount for the luxury tax (I mean, the competitive balance tax) probably will rise. An international draft seems to be the big battle, however. Seems impossible to engineer so quickly, but something’s going to give so there’s likely to be an agreement on a long term plan. I wonder how much Venezuela’s economic woes and Cuba’s new status vis a vis the USA factor into the current changes? And Winter ball in Caracas can’t be what it used to be.

20. willedav said, on November 23, 2016 at 8:34 pm

wow warriors clicking on all cylinders tonite vs. Lakers. 41 in first Q, 63 with 4 minutes to go in half 60% from floor. Lakers have some scorers and nice O courtesy of L Walton. Fun team to watch.

21. unca_chuck said, on November 23, 2016 at 9:16 pm

Warriors looking much better defensively than early on.

22. snarkk said, on November 23, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Might as well start the NBA playoffs now. Dubs with 47 assists, a team record. Unreal offensive performance. No need for the next 65 games, head immediately to the conference final. The only thing that can stop this team is injury…

23. unca_chuck said, on November 23, 2016 at 10:55 pm

That’s a Quicksikver logo, Willie. Surf stuff. Us west coasters know that one . . .

24. unca_chuck said, on November 23, 2016 at 11:41 pm

Apropos of nothing to watch, they did a piece on Gaylord Perry’s statue on Comcast the other day. Talked to the artist, yadda yadda yadda.

They started talking about the mitt Gaylord used that the artist wanted to look at. And Gaylord told the story that the mitt he used for most of his career was a mitt that Willie Mays threw away one day because he made an error with it.

Gaylord grabbed the mitt out of the trash can and used it for the next 15 years. I thought that was pretty fucking cool.

Statue-worthy? Sure, that’s Willie’s old glove on Gaylord’s left hand.

• blade3colorado said, on November 24, 2016 at 2:07 am

Cool story Unca about Willie and Gaylord.

• chipower9 said, on November 24, 2016 at 9:36 am

Cool story on the mitt. Thanks for sharing, Charlie. Happy Thanksgiving brother!

25. blade3colorado said, on November 24, 2016 at 2:20 am

Props to Paul about Jeeping . . . I have had 3 Wranglers and have taken them all over the country. Best trip is sort of a tie . . . Last year during the summer, when I ventured to the mid-West, East Coast, and South. It was a blast because I saw relatives and friends along the way. Especially nice to see my uncle and cousins in Missouri. He left the bay area in the 1980s due to too much crime. He was a trucker and I still recall him pulling his shotgun on Christmas day (circa 1960 when I was a wee little kid) in the Hunters Point area where he lived. He thought some black kids were bothering us. My mom went ballistic on his ass. I remember her sitting on the Victorian stoop with 2 little black kids on either side of her, hugging them and saying my uncle didn’t mean any harm. Love her for that. Anywho, my uncle later lived in the Fruitvale Ave. area of Oakland, another hardcore area. My uncle didn’t take shit from anyone, yet for his kids, it was quite tough being one of the few white kids in the area. My cousin Tammy said she was beat up many times at school. Sigh. That’s why he finally moved to Missouri. Has about 40 acres, with two ponds and rents out numerous houses to people. Doing very well now.

Same trip, I almost went up to the frozen tundra where Stix lived, but didn’t pull the trigger when he told me he had no shower. Lulz . . . umm, the local motel didn’t sound like any great shakes either. Exit stage East where I saw many, many friends, including fellow Flappers, Mac and Bozo. Really enjoyed spending time with them.

The 2nd trip was a Moab 4 wheel drive trip a few years ago with my friend Jeremy. He knows every difficult trail in Moab and probably all of Colorado too, as he is the largest Jeep Wrangler used parts distributor in the USA. Great times.

• blade3colorado said, on November 24, 2016 at 2:27 am

All jeeps (especially the ones prior to 1997 when the TJ came out) have poor suspension for cross country trips. Their forte is 4wheeling as Paul will tell you. Sheesh, you practically have to get a stretcher to extricate me from one after a 400-500 mile leg trip. Fuckers drive like a stage coach.

• chipower9 said, on November 24, 2016 at 9:37 am

Cool srtory Blade…

26. willedav said, on November 24, 2016 at 8:52 am

Staying out of politics at dinner today but…saw the story of US new warship that had a mechanical breakdown and had to be towed into port in Panama I believe.
    Cost of the warship? $4.4 billion. 2 companions were also built, at $4.4 and $3.8 billion. Total cost for 3 warships=$12.5 billion.
    Wonderful country here I’m lucky to be alive in, but imo that’s epitome of what’s wrong with it, not planned parenthood Obamacare or immigrants.

Oh and welcome back home to Luke Walton. Message delivered from GS.

27. chipower9 said, on November 24, 2016 at 9:09 am

Paul – on one of trips to Eureka (Ferndale) to compete with the dogs, we drove and camped the Lost Coast! Beautiful! Longest stretch of undeveloped coastline in North America. I would like to hike/backpack it sometime (it is over 20 miles long). LOVE the rugged desolate north coast of California!

28. chipower9 said, on November 24, 2016 at 9:41 am

Wishing Flap Universe a healthy and happy Thanks-Giving that is filled with love, laughter, and joy. Blessings to you all and sincere hope that those who are less fortunate are blessed, too.

Also, a huge thanks to those in the service industries who will be working and will not be with their loved-ones. Nurses, doctors, truck drivers, police, etc. Thank you!

And last but certainly not the least, with my being a veteran – I give special big shout-out of love and gratitude to our service women and service men protecting our freedoms and way of life.

Make it a blessed day, FU!

29. pawliekokonuts said, on November 24, 2016 at 10:28 am

Solvay, NY.

30. pawliekokonuts said, on November 24, 2016 at 10:29 am

“License plate makin’ maestro.” Took me a while. Brilliant.

Whatever happened to Twinfan?

31. pawliekokonuts said, on November 24, 2016 at 10:31 am

As corny or hollow or cheesy as it sounds, I try to be grateful every day. But grateful tidings just the same to my compadres and sororal comrades here.

32. Flavor said, on November 24, 2016 at 10:54 am

I’m not sure what’s up with Twinner. As dark as this sounds, I have checked and there aren’t any obits on him. Baggs blog is gone so you can’t find him there anymore. He may just be too infirmed to type anymore. My emails to him have not been returned in months.
    Freds steak for me and Katie today. Mashed potatoes. Green beans. Pie. Simple. Happy.

33. willedav said, on November 24, 2016 at 11:00 am

checked out N Coast Brewing re: bro t beer and it turns out they donate back to Monk Institute for jazz students, very cool. I haven’t had a beer in maybe 6 months, but I’ll have to check out a 4 pack of 12 ouncers.

34. Macdog said, on November 24, 2016 at 11:02 am

Blade: “I almost went up to the frozen tundra where Stix lived, but didn’t pull the trigger when he told me he had no shower.”

I think that answers the Stix driving 20 miles for a shower question in a recent thread. Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

35. unca_chuck said, on November 24, 2016 at 7:31 pm

Yeah, the Thelonius is great, Willie. We were just up at north coast brewery last weekend. We stopped in Anderson Valley as well on the way back, After 3,500 wine tastings with Kathy, it was nice to drink beer all day up in Mendocino. Course we stopped at a champagne tasting place and a few wineries.

Had a ’71 Landcruiser back in the early 80s that i drove all over. 4-wheeled a bunch around here, Tahoe, and Oregon. Tough as a fricking tank. Got the thing about 6′ off the ground 4 wheeling behind pillar point. Used to make money pulling tourists out of snowbanks . . . and off the beach. Silly fools didn’t know you needed to air down in the sand. Course I didn’t tell them that until after I pulled them out.

Happy Thanksgiving, all! Hope you all had fun wioth friends and family.

36. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 24, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Yeah, Chi, I loved Lost Coast. Went a few times. That stretch of black sand beach and crashing surf is amazing for soothing the soul. Loved Shelter Cove. The center of “town” is a little landing strip. Almost bought a plot of land up there 15 years ago. Should have. Great Jeep trails (and I found one that even my Jeep couldn’t navigate) and hiking in the King Range. Unspoiled, wild, untouched…. Just need to be careful not to wander down a dirt track that might lead to some pot farms. They don’t take too kindly to uninvited guests. One such trail, they’d put an overturned burned-out car blocking the way in. Ha. Ok, no need to go there….

37. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 24, 2016 at 7:43 pm

And happy Thanksgiving, Flappers everywhere….

38. willedav said, on November 24, 2016 at 8:33 pm

Iona Gaels, MAAC conference winner last year over Monmouth, ahead of Drake Bulldogs in Great Alaska Shootout, led by Sam Cassell Jr. with 15. 3 games in he’s averaging 16 a night. Dad was tough.

UCLA is one of top Pac 12 teams, and top player overall is none other than one of Coach Alford’s kids, Bryce.
    Kind of reminds me of Danny Ainge, great range with the shot, able to drive to the hoop and very annoying.

39. willedav said, on November 24, 2016 at 8:35 pm

Looks like DBax traded away J Segura, SS lead off hitter who had breakout season batting .319 with 20 HRs last year, to Seattle for SP Taijuan Walker.

40. zumiee said, on November 24, 2016 at 10:40 pm

It’s a little annoying to hear there’s some dispute going on over the next Collective Bargaining Agreement. That needs to get solved real soon.

41. zumiee said, on November 25, 2016 at 12:34 am