Pay That Man His Money

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on December 3, 2016

I’d be the first to admit I don’t understand or track the intricacies of baseball contracts. So can someone explain to me why Agent 000 gets $600K in the major leagues and $300K in the minors? I mean, why not just pay him the minimum if he’s in the minors like everyone else. Or is this a common contract stip? What possible leverage could .000 have in contract negotiations???????

Having done a fair amount of research on Stix posts this off season, I’m wondering if this was the last straw for the The Feds. (Kinda)lqtm….

#FreeStix! RPOTD

Carstie Clausen said, on July 30, 2016 at 8:46 pm (Edit)

I sure would trust a flapper government more than i would by Killary, or the Trumpeting Pachyderm for that matter.

1. pawliekokonuts said, on December 3, 2016 at 8:16 am

I’d like us to pick up Wellington Castillo. Any other crumbs from the nontendered pile you girls like?

2. pawliekokonuts said, on December 3, 2016 at 8:17 am

In other news, Yankee Stadium Mystery Companion and I nontendered each other this week. Again. 4th time. I told my therapist I’d let him draw up an affidavit I’d sign, saying never again, and have him notarize it.

3. willedav said, on December 3, 2016 at 8:28 am

Props to Kerr for admitting he tried marihoochee for his chronic back pain. Said it didn’t work for him, but believes it’s a lot better than eating Vicodin like NFL guys do.
    I read the book by former wideout/tight end Nate Jackson, and he said the same thing. It allowed him to relax and heal; painkillers did neither.

At some point as legalize it becomes more palatable, you would hope the medicinal value of certain varieties becomes more acceptable and those dealing with chronic pain can use it to alleviate their condition.

4. Flavor said, on December 3, 2016 at 8:52 am

PK– I’d take Castillo but only after I trade Belt for ‘Cutch and move Buster to first base! My dream!

5. xoot said, on December 3, 2016 at 10:11 am

I thought every player on the 40-man received at least the mlb minimum.

• Flavor said, on December 3, 2016 at 11:03 am

that’s a good point. All I know is that this year he is getting $600K for mlb and $300K for minor league time. Also, just saw that Beltran signed in Houston for a year. That seems like a weird team for him to sign with. Things ended badly with them last time and Houston’s budget would seem to be focused more on spending 16 mil across multiple players, not sunk into one.

• gianthead said, on December 3, 2016 at 1:22 pm

BELTRAN MAKES NO SENSE TO ME…WTF Astros? How do some GMs have a living???

• snarkk said, on December 3, 2016 at 1:37 pm

Beltran is 40 in April. Aren’t there any guys younger out there with his capabilities? $16 Mil for this guy? 280/.325/.451 last season at the launching pad in Texas. Seems like ages ago when he had that 6-week visit with the Giants. Some of these older guys, you gotta wonder. Apparently the new CBA has allowed for HGH testing…

• wilcojoe said, on December 3, 2016 at 4:29 pm

Yeah I don’t get this move either. The offense is fine, especially after the veteran additions of McCann and Reddick. Obviously he must not have had many takers if he had to settle for a one year deal. I like that their finally spending some money, but it would be better spent on a legit starting pitcher.

6. gianthead said, on December 3, 2016 at 1:24 pm

I agree with Stix I think…I therefore am announcing ala Giuliani that I am going to be Secretary of State!!!

7. zumiee said, on December 3, 2016 at 1:48 pm

It’s hard to figure Stix. The writing shows a sharp mind, except for his belief in whacked-out conspiracy theories. Anyone that calls Hillary “Killary” has some doofus in them.

8. zumiee said, on December 3, 2016 at 1:56 pm

According to Bob Nightengale of U.S.A. Today, the Dodgers and A’s were the two teams most negatively effected by the new CBA. The Dodgers get a luxury tax increase, and strangely, the A’s get a big reduction in their subsidy.

9. Flavor said, on December 3, 2016 at 7:21 pm

I assumed Stix said “Killary” as a reference to Benghazi but maybe it was a wish for her death, I dunno. I hope he’s had time to read up on Benghazi while in prison. But either way, I don’t doubt you can be smart and/or a great writer and still have some paranoid delusions floating somewhere in the dome…..

• pawliekokonuts said, on December 3, 2016 at 7:47 pm

I read much, if not all, of the “Manifesto” written by Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber. It’s coherent and logical, Henry David Thoreau-ish, neo-Luddite — Stix-ish, if you will.

• Flavor said, on December 3, 2016 at 7:50 pm

What led you to read that. Just general interest? I might read it for that reason.

• pawliekokonuts said, on December 3, 2016 at 8:08 pm

I read it after he got caught, was published in the NYT. It’s always fascinated me regarding insanity and criminality. People think of insane as drooling madness. No, not necessarily and likely hardly ever. Logical and reasonable were his arguments. But was he insane? Kaczynski himself says no.

BTW, if you want to see something funny about ‘crazy,’ try this: the hot crazy matrix: https://youtu.be/hKWmFWRVLlU

• Flavor said, on December 3, 2016 at 8:12 pm

i forgot they published it.

10. Flavor said, on December 3, 2016 at 7:49 pm

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 3m3 minutes ago
    Sources: Melancon has multiple 4-yr, $60M+ offers: #SFGiants, #Nationals, perhaps one other. SF thought to be strongest, as @jcrasnick said.

• pawliekokonuts said, on December 3, 2016 at 8:10 pm

Jansen better, but he’d still be an upgrade, right?

• Flavor said, on December 3, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Melancon would be fine. So would you or me. We are just looking for upgrades right now.

• snarkk said, on December 3, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Don’t like Melancon’s age.
        2 years of the 4 he’ll be heading downhill.
        Better than Casilla, though. Hopefully…

11. Flavor said, on December 3, 2016 at 7:51 pm

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 12s12 seconds ago
    About #SFGiants: Already at $155M+ in luxury-tax payroll for ’17, including arb projections. Melancon would make it $170M+. Threshold $195M.

• snarkk said, on December 3, 2016 at 8:55 pm

Giants are printing cash in the basement of ATT. Luxury tax, schmuckury tax, they don’t need to care about that. Get players, and move forward…

12. Flavor said, on December 3, 2016 at 8:10 pm

it blows my mind that guys like this can just go anywhere in the world and pull down 2+ mil a year.
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 2m2 minutes ago
    Casey McGehee deal with yomiuri giants guarantees 1 year at slightly more than $2M, plus $1M in incentives. @Ken_Rosenthal

• pawliekokonuts said, on December 3, 2016 at 8:22 pm

Gawd, he was so dreadful for us. Like Dan Ugggly, but longer duration. Still galls me that Ugggggly got a ring (right?).

• zumiee said, on December 3, 2016 at 9:30 pm

I’m sure he got one. The Giants have been very generous with the rings.

13. mrsprtdude said, on December 4, 2016 at 12:53 am

fingers crossed for melancon. jensen too expensive….

14. gianthead said, on December 4, 2016 at 5:13 am

Looks like the price for Melancon has jumped an extra year but annual salary seems to be holding at $15 mill a year…that is a lot of dough…Chapman and Jansen going to hit $100 mill one would think..

15. gianthead said, on December 4, 2016 at 5:20 am

So as Flav points out the dollars…Melancon tales you to $170 mill and JD Martinez to $184 mill…maybe room for a Tony Watson at $6 mill and that makes it $190 mill and clearly a way more complete team than last year…maybe the Giants cab be the third team in a McCutchen deal to the Nats and we end up with Watson and we give up a couple mid-tier prospects to the Pirates…