Andres Torres in Our Thoughts

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on December 8, 2016

Very sad to see this news. Torres will always be a special Giant.

________________

#FreeStix! RPOTD

stixwiz said, on November 17, 2013 at 10:02 am (Edit)

When one of my numerous pussfolk snags a mouse, i always inquire “how was the brent mouseburger?” After years of close study i’m nowhere near being able to translate their responses into anything vaguely resembling English, but sometimes their looks say far more than words would anyway. Seems they’re quite fond of em.

From time to time temptation urges me to do something about a catchy book title that nudged its way into my consciousness: “Life in a Cathouse”. Some readers, i fear, would be disappointed with the lack of salacious episodes. Certain cat-fanciers would not approve of my language. Oh well.

Doggone it! Can’t leave out Macoozhoe. He’s chief enforcement officer around the place. He’s responsible for keeping the bam-bam-Bambis outta the gardens and shrubbery. Tough job, as he lost his running-mate, big black Mac, the half Lab, half Rott about three months back. Minnesota deer-hunting season ended yesterday evening, so no more gut-piles for the sandy-brown Oouff. Back to the grrrumbles outta the sack.

Gotta stop by the backside of the local custom-butcher this coming week, where there is free access to his barrels of bones, trimmings and cuttings which get picked up weekly by a rendering plant about 130 miles south. No money changes hands either way so the pickings are free and none too slim. With Winter soon about to settle in up here, weather’s cool enough so that a modest accumulation of the stuff in the back of the Blue Whale (’87 GMC 1-ton van rusting away in piebald rusty retirement) won’t stink up the place too bad and it will keep local law enforcement vs the Bambinese in a happy mood. Ditto the outdoor catclan.

1. Flavor said, on December 8, 2016 at 8:35 am

Can someone translate the last paragraph from Stix for me? He takes the scraps from the butcher and feeds his cats with it? Or is he eating them?

• blade3colorado said, on December 8, 2016 at 8:39 am

My translation is that his dog, Macoozhoe and the cats share in the meat scraps, which are refrigerated in the “Tundra” van/refrigerator.

• chipower9 said, on December 8, 2016 at 11:32 am

Agree on the translation…

2. blade3colorado said, on December 8, 2016 at 8:37 am

Thanks for sharing Flav. Sad to hear his wife, Soannie is no longer with us. I knew she had a rare form of cancer, but didn’t know too much else about the situation. I think they have an 11 or 12 year old son too. Life is too short.

3. djloo27 said, on December 8, 2016 at 9:48 am

Sad for Vungo and family. Giants should give him a job in the organization. a great guy by all accounts.

I know I asked this before, but I forgot the answer:
    Is Stix being held without bail? I think someone (Xoot?) said he is.
    That is absurd…

• xoot said, on December 8, 2016 at 10:11 am

he’s being “detained” under federal law, no bail. Back in Clearwater County (where the attempted murder count awaits) the judge set state-court bail at something like $300,000. But the feds intervened.

• djloo27 said, on December 8, 2016 at 12:07 pm

4. willedav said, on December 8, 2016 at 10:32 am

Blade, thoughts on CF C Blackmon? Saw something on MLBTR that said Rox might move him. Had hella year last year and not just at CoorsCanaveral. How is he defensively?

• willedav said, on December 8, 2016 at 10:38 am

would this be op to trade Belt and maybe pick up Hundley or a back up C Wolters?

5. Flavor said, on December 8, 2016 at 10:53 am

how many times have we seen this happen this time of year? The third? It’s fucking ground hog’s day with this guy and no one seems to care.

• wilcojoe said, on December 8, 2016 at 11:05 am

I love that he’s standing next to a dude who probably weights 125 pounds soaking wet. Still, this is probably the thinnest Pablo has been since his teen years. Impressive.

• Flavor said, on December 8, 2016 at 11:07 am

I didn’t compare past fat-loss photos but he looks the same to me as he always does this time of year (not counting, of course, the handful of years he was as big as a house this time of year).

• gianthead said, on December 8, 2016 at 2:25 pm

That was the pic mlb channel showed yesterday as well…

• djloo27 said, on December 8, 2016 at 3:13 pm

He’ll always be our Panda…

6. blade3colorado said, on December 8, 2016 at 11:11 am

I doubt he is dealt Willie. It’s a crowded Colorado outfield right now with Blackmon, Gonzalez, David Dahl, and Gerardo Parra in the mix for plenty of playing time as well as Raimel Tapia and Jordan Patterson hoping to build on some of the promise they showed in late-season play.

Consequently, someone has to go. Me? I think Cargo gets traded due to his contract expiring after this season. Equally important, Scott Boras is his agent. Unless Cargo tells Boras he wants to stay, then Boras will make it very difficult for the Sherpas to retain him. Couple that with the fact, that he HATES LOSING. Him and Arenado blew gaskets at various times last season in frustration over the Rockies losing ways. The Sherpas should trade him if they want to get anything before this season ends.

Back to Blackmon . . . He is a below average outfielder, but his speed in an advantage in the wide expanses of Coors. There are very few scenarios out there where Colorado is a better team without Blackmon leading off than they are with him at the top of the lineup. Blackmon not only adds power but also speed in the leadoff spot. There aren’t a lot of options for replacing Blackmon’s speed (with the exception of Tapia) on Colorado’s radar at the moment.

Gonzalez is in no real danger of being outshined by Blackmon, but Blackmon gives teams knocking on the Rockies’ door in search of an outfielder another option to consider. He’s cheaper, under team control for an extra year, and may not experience as much of an offensive downturn away from Coors Field. St. Louis is a likely destination for either of them if one of them is dealt.

7. blade3colorado said, on December 8, 2016 at 11:17 am

They love Wolters. For good reason too, he is an outstanding young catcher. Hundley is clearly inferior to Wolters and will lose his starting job this season. No way, no how, do they deal Wolters unless the trade is overly generous to them. Besides, I doubt they will trade with the Giants again, especially after we burned them on the Scutaro trade.

8. chipower9 said, on December 8, 2016 at 11:41 am

In regards to Stix’s bail:

Stix specifically says “It’s been 107 days, with a $350,000 bail set by the state and in Federal custody. I am jailed in a contract facility mostly stocked with inmates either awaiting sentencing or between incarcerations. Presumed innocent, but with no internet access, virtually no medical care, rip-off phone monopoly, waaay overpriced canteen “food” and chow which meets Minnesota caloric standards but runs 60% carbs and most of the meat protein being processed shit which I dare not eat due to a medical condition. Cruel and unusual. SPCA would likely not approve of the food.” (This is one small excerpt from the 8 page letter I got from Carstie.)

The beginning of the letter:

“Seredipity is described as an unexpected, pleasant surprise. “Stix Gems” OMG. Been missing you guys a bunch and a half. I mean peers are something special. Wish y’all were on my jury.”

• Flavor said, on December 8, 2016 at 11:50 am

thanks, I know San Diggity Dawg was most interested in the contents of this letter.

• chipower9 said, on December 8, 2016 at 2:28 pm

SanDiggity – shoot me an email, and I can then send you a PDF’d copy of the letter. I am sure Stix would have no issues with my sharing the letter.

• djloo27 said, on December 8, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Can you cc me, Chi?

9. chipower9 said, on December 8, 2016 at 11:42 am

~72 daze until pitchers and catchers report. PLAY BALL!

10. zumiee said, on December 8, 2016 at 11:52 am

I remember one of the documents Xoot posted that said that Stix was denied bail because he basically couldn’t be trusted, in their opinion, to not shoot at another law officer. And that judgment sounds correct to me. We don’t know for sure that Stix wouldn’t shoot again at law officers. There is nothing that I read that showed Stix has any contrition or remorse about the incident.

11. Flavor said, on December 8, 2016 at 11:55 am

• zumiee said, on December 8, 2016 at 11:59 am

Music is incredibly powerful. Never underestimate it. 🙂

• Macdog said, on December 8, 2016 at 12:12 pm

And lots and lots of $$$.

• blade3colorado said, on December 8, 2016 at 1:23 pm

A big baloney poney???

• snarkk said, on December 8, 2016 at 9:09 pm

I read a blurb on Billy Joel’s bio — in the early 80s he was banging Elle McPherson and Christie Brinkley alternatively; finally settled on Brinkley because, among other things, his building doorman rated her the 10…

12. zumiee said, on December 8, 2016 at 11:59 am

The national media doesn’t seem to remember that Sandoval has had these turnarounds in behavior before, and that there is a repeating pattern going on. I hope he has a great season this year. He’s had a humiliating couple of years in Boston, which a lot of us predicted. Maybe he’s gained some maturity out of it all.

13. xoot said, on December 8, 2016 at 12:03 pm

I would love to read more of Stix’s correspondence. As for the court documents that I’ve inexpensively reviewed and sometimes downloaded, and have quoted or summarized the past month or so, here’s how to find them:

Sign up for PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records). Log in. scroll down to the one link for the Minnesota fed court. On that Minn. web site click on the “Document Filing System” link. On the next web page up at the top click on “Query.” On the next page at the bottom of the blank form type Stix’s last and first names where it tells you to, then click on “Run Query.” The transaction receipt on the next page should show you that you’ve been charged 10 cents so far. On that page click on the top link “USA v. Clausen filed 9/27/16.” On the next page, left-hand side, click on “Docket Report.” On the next page click on “Run Report.”

Now you’ve got the entire electronic docket for the case. At the very bottom you’ll see that you’ve been charged 50 cents for it. Every number on the left-hand side of the docket links to the document described next to it. Click on number 34 and you’ll get the most recent federal court order that denied any sort of conditional release (bail is only one possible condition in federal court) for Stix. That document is 8 pages long, so I think it costs 80 cents to print or download. May cost 80 cents just to read it–I don’t recall.

• xoot said, on December 8, 2016 at 12:45 pm

I just checked and all of the PACER Minnesota court searching and downloading I’ve been doing since mid-October has cost me a total of $17.60. Try it out.

• chipower9 said, on December 8, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Shoot me an email (I think I have your email address but am unsure), and I will shoot you a copy of the letter.

14. sandog said, on December 8, 2016 at 1:45 pm

I’ve wanted Nick Hundley on the Giants for about 5 years. Dead pull RH hitter who I have seen have some nice AB’s at ATT. I’m not down with moving Buster to 1B anytime soon, but I would love Hundley as our backup catcher. Seems like a pretty solid player to me.
    Fun Fact: I caught a foul ball at Petco hit by Hundley a few years ago.

Chi–really cool that you wrote Stix and got a reply.

Billy Joel’s current or maybe recent wife is a hot little number as well who I see on cooking shows from time to time and looks like she is 20 something. Yeah, those music dudes seem to do ok…

• chipower9 said, on December 8, 2016 at 2:34 pm

Hey – shoot me an email and I can send you a PDF’d copy of the letter if you like. I am sure Stix would be fine with this. He dearly misses the Flappers here.

15. pawliekokonuts said, on December 8, 2016 at 2:54 pm

Wow. That’s terrible about Torres. As I relate in CWM, I met Torres after a AAA game. Couldn’t be more humble, polite. Kid was with him, presumably his son. Prayers for them.

• zumiee said, on December 8, 2016 at 4:02 pm

Very sad news. I hope he feels the love of Giants fans everywhere. I’m guessing he probably is.

16. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on December 8, 2016 at 6:24 pm

I wonder what, if any, kind of female companionship (other than the multitude of pussies) Stix had access to up yonder in those north woods…. long cold winters, man…. Did the local town 40 miles away have a cat house (not the same as Stix’s house) that delivered?

• Bozo said, on December 8, 2016 at 6:43 pm

If Stix really had a pot farm, I’d imagine he could get a taste of some strange all year round.

17. Bozo said, on December 8, 2016 at 6:59 pm

So sorry to hear about Soannie Torres, very sad news.

18. willedav said, on December 8, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Bad Reporter guy in Chron today had 3 pretty good drawings:

#1 Trump Says Business Will Be Run by A Blond Trust
    also promises voters she’ll be a 10

#2Trump Prevents Massive KKK Layoffs
    Aryan Hood Factory to Remain in US
    123 jobs saved

#3 Billionaire Cabinet Picks Anger Millionaire Trump Voters
    Trump Vowed to Help The Little Rich Guy

19. snarkk said, on December 8, 2016 at 8:57 pm

Very sad news on Torres’ wife. Only 38, says the radio. Cancer is cruel…

20. snarkk said, on December 8, 2016 at 8:59 pm

That Panda photo could have been from a few offseasons while he was a Giant. Balloon up, then run up and down Camelback a hundred times, lose it in the offseason. Yeah, the guy next to him is a flyweight…