Racing!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on December 26, 2016

One of my favorite days of the year: day after Christmas, Santa Anita opener. I might even make it out to GGF today to meet up with that goddamn A’s fan The Boney One…..

______________________

In this excerpt from “Who’s Media is it Anyway?” we see Stix scolding Zumiee for allowing his mind to be controlled. lqtm.

Carstie Clausen said, on June 4, 2016 at 2:13 pm (Edit)

Zumiee: You haven’t been accessing websites independent from the mass media of mind control, mesmerization and general corporate-sponsored garbage…or at least to any degree. Hillary was the main push behind the attacks on Yugoslavia and Serbia; the coup d’ etat in Ukraine along with her Wicked Witch of the East Viccious Nudelman (aka “Cookies Nuland); the current pro-terrorist attempted takedown of Syria and most egregiously, the destruction of Libya and the murder of its leader Muamar Gaddhafi. She famously cackled when he was anally raped with a bayonet: “We saw, we came, he died.”

The Clinton’s are money-grubbing materialists, always with hands out to the biggest polluters and most especially to the titans of the WarDefense industry like Lockheed-Martin with their Trillion dollar plus F-35 which aviation experts across the world laughingly denounce as the “F-35 Turkey”. Such models as have flown have been regularly bested in test combat by third-generation fighters. But the City of London bankster investors (prime shareholders) are delighted with those no-bid, cost-plus contracts.

1. blade3colorado said, on December 26, 2016 at 7:50 am

Interesting thread that day . . . For example, it took me multiple searches (4) this morning to find out who this “Wicked Witch of the East Viccious Nudelman (aka “Cookies Nuland)” was? Initially, I kept getting doctors and dentists results. Ha. However, I finally found out who she was:

Also, to put your post in context, here are Zumiee’s and other Flapper comments – this is the link:

• Macdog said, on December 26, 2016 at 9:13 am

I like the irony of Flav scolding Stix for going too far with the politics and now it’s a #freeStix RPOTD:

Stix. Enough already. Giants blog. Remember that.

• willedav said, on December 26, 2016 at 9:24 am

thx that was fun read lot of good stuff.
      It’s funny everyone was talking about the OF then, something I still don’t think Evans has figured out.
      that Stix post Flav ragged on him for at the time reads like something prosecution would use to keep him locked up, especially when he makes later claim about being more politically savvy

• djloo27 said, on December 26, 2016 at 9:38 am

A little of everything in that one…

2. gianthead said, on December 26, 2016 at 2:44 pm

I am still steamed at the Warriors-Cavs game. Mostly for my mother in law making us eat at the start of the 4th qtr😭….an outrage! Turned it back on coming out of the time out with 1:53 left. If Draymond hangs on that rim ala Lebron, he gets teed up. The other two fouls they called on Draymond that qtr were also bs. I fear Draymond has hung an X above his head and now most refs are going to constantly go after him to the detriment of the Dubs…

• gianthead said, on December 26, 2016 at 2:50 pm

And also, if they playing at Oracle, I guarantee you KD gets the call on the final play where Jefferson runs right into him..

3. gianthead said, on December 26, 2016 at 3:53 pm

And of course the NBA just announced that was indeed a foul on Kevin Durant…the refs are going to pull the same bs during the Finals…

• sandog said, on December 26, 2016 at 4:09 pm

I thought the game was outstanding and enjoyed it thoroughly—especially the vigorous rim-swinging!
      (C’mon…..’Bron can’t be falling on the chumps he just dunked on and blowing out an ankle)

Sixers at Kings tonight. FIRED UP! Kings going for 4 in a row.

G-Head: played golf for the first time in months the other day at Balboa and shot 43 on the front, leading the “players” I go around with at the turn. Couldn’t bring it home though…..ballooned to a 53 on the back and came in 3rd.
      2 night “Golf n Surf” trip to Ensanada takes place this Thurs-Sat.

• willedav said, on December 26, 2016 at 7:49 pm

Yeah Sixers Kings should be a good one, couple evenly matched teams.

• gianthead said, on December 26, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Awesome. Trying to get the boys out tomorrow with the weather gods predicting the first day over 60 degrees this month. But may be wet. I am sure you won’t worry about that in Ensanada…have fun…

4. unca_chuck said, on December 26, 2016 at 4:26 pm

There was no one near Bron Bron. That was a joke and a half. Like Trump, he could piss on the court and not draw a T.

5. zumiee said, on December 26, 2016 at 5:01 pm

Merry Christmas, a day late, all!

Stix really had it in for Hillary, didn’t he?
    Blade, thanks for the link to all the posts that day. It was great reading all of that again. A wide variety of topics. Pence’s hamstring surgery, among them.

Regarding Billy Martin’s death on the last thread: the friend initially said he (the friend) was the driver, in order to try to save Billy from getting all the blame. But when the friend found out he (the friend) could be ARRESTED on charges, he quickly recanted, and said Billy was the driver. The evidence is not totally conclusive, but Billy was ultimately determined by the police to be the driver.
    He wasn’t far from home either. And later, the ditch he drove into was filled in to avoid future accidents.
    I got all of that from that recent Martin biography, which is an excellent book. So many terrific baseball books are being written these day. A friend just loaned me the new book about the Dodgers in the ’60s, “The Last of the Innocents.” Yeah, it’s the Dodgers, but I still look forward to reading the book.

The Warriors just gave that game away with turnovers. I don’t know what to make of all those turnovers. At some point, doesn’t that have to fall on Kerr? He can’t just get a total pass on that. The Warriors were throwing away 2-on-1 and 3-on-2 fastbreaks. Just ridiculous.
    LeBron hung on the rim too long, and should have gotten the technical; but the Warriors gave the Cavs new life in the 4th quarter with all the turnovers.
    Plus, I’m not a fan of Durant settling for 3-pointers in the final minutes. LeBron and Irving are going hard to the hole in the last minutes, and Durant is flinging up 3-pointers. Durant needs to be THE MAN in that situation. He’s a great player, but he could improve in his finishing of close games.

The Kings are indeed on a modest winning streak. It’ll be interesting to see how the season plays out. It would be fun to see them make the playoffs.

• Flavor said, on December 26, 2016 at 7:54 pm

I like to post random Stix posts about his paranoid views of politics just to get you going, Ha.

6. blade3colorado said, on December 26, 2016 at 5:17 pm

Zumiee reminded me of Christmas . . . a belated Merry Christmas to Flappers far and wide. Been getting over a severe case of the flu, as well as adjusting to multiple time zone, climate, altitude, and food changes. Consequently, I feel like shit since my return to the USA. The follow up trip to CA didn’t help either. Anyway, I exercised today at home for a half hour and that’s a start to feeling half way decent. Again, happy holidays all!

• djloo27 said, on December 26, 2016 at 6:43 pm

Same to you and Linh, Blade. Exciting year ahead for you…

• Flavor said, on December 26, 2016 at 7:48 pm

I can’t even imagine what it’s like to put your body through all that traveling bullshit. Hang in there.

7. Macdog said, on December 26, 2016 at 6:01 pm

LeBron sitting out tonight at Auburn Hills.

• djloo27 said, on December 26, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Merry Christmas to the children of Detroit who couldn’t wait to see their hero…

• zumiee said, on December 26, 2016 at 7:18 pm

The NBA’s got a problem. The 82-game regular season is falling apart as a concept.

8. Flavor said, on December 26, 2016 at 7:40 pm

Man, if you want to know what it’s like right now for the hopeless, deflated, downtrodden side of America just ride the BART from Union City to North Berkeley and look 100 yards east. It’s 100% *fuck this shit*. I’ve never ridden BART before, that was an experience. I witnessed 3 fights (2 on platform, one stupid one on the train between two drunken idiots) and multiple homeless people on the train asking for money. CalTrain isn’t like this.

• gianthead said, on December 26, 2016 at 8:24 pm

What a terrible downturn…we did the BART a bunch as kids heading to the City from Fremont with my mother and then a few times in my high school years and even in college and it was always a smothered safe trip…times are a-changin..

9. Flavor said, on December 26, 2016 at 7:46 pm

Zumiee– I can’t fault Kerr because these guys are throwing the ball away, especially the behind the back shit, that completely pisses me off. I’m not against it if it works out but it HAS to work out or you don’t do it. Steph especially needs to retire that part of his game. Iggy didn’t have a good game but he’s been reliable this year. Agree Durant needs to bring it a little harder during crunch time than jacked up 3’s. You want to be a champion, play like one. Anyone can jack up a three. It’s my specialty, I should know.

• willedav said, on December 26, 2016 at 7:58 pm

I think this is something Kerr is pretty vocal about in times out but he isn’t going to yank a player off the court as you would a HS kids. Green had 6 of them; more often than not it’s more a bad decision than a bad pass. The guy you are throwing the ball to isn’t really open and D is closer to ball than you think.

Warriors also have bad habit of driving and then stopping and kicking cross court. Irving does this too but he is great at maneuvering his way in and then dishing/finishing/drawing a foul. It was good game, not like Cavs won by 25. And teams that make GS mad (hello Clips) usually wind up paying for it.

10. Flavor said, on December 26, 2016 at 7:51 pm

the NBA’s problem is that it has too many shitty teams. The resting stuff is irritating for the 1-off fans, I get it. But that’s a smokescreen for the FACT that there are only 2 really good teams in the league. No other team is within a cab ride of the class of the Warriors and Cavaliers.

11. blade3colorado said, on December 26, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Thank you Loo and Flav . . . It has been a bitch, health-wise, since my return. Paul is in New Jersey and we’re both affected by the travel more so today, than when we were younger. Going to be researching the web for exercises, food, specific vitamins, anything out there – to counter the affects . . .I have no idea how Clinton, Trump and Kerry do it – other than going 1st class. Ha.

Loo, I watched Fort Apache, The Bronx today. I didn’t spot one Super 8 motel and this film was supposedly shot on location. Didn’t see the old Yankee stadium either (was it in the Bronx?).

• gianthead said, on December 26, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Unless Blade is yanking Draculoo’s chain, the New Yankee Stadium was built right next to the old one…

• blade3colorado said, on December 26, 2016 at 8:35 pm

Ahh . . . Nope. I’m talking about not seeing it filmed in the movie. Only burned out, drug infested, areas. It looks exactly like where Chi and I were, but not too many scenic spots were filmed there, except for Pam Grier, who despite being a murdering junkie prostitute in this film, still looked very, very hot.

12. xoot said, on December 26, 2016 at 8:19 pm

googling around I found the template for the anti-Hillary assertions in Stix’s post on a site called strategic-culture.org — apparently based in Moscow. The themes developed there are very consistent with many Trump played during the campaign, and with some he’s pushing now. Apparently there is a huge slab of humanity tuned into that stuff. I’ll be damned.

Back in the 80s, when I was a freight brakeman for the Southern Pacific, I lived near the North Berkeley BART station (at the end of Berkeley Way, close to San Pablo). Very colorful neighborhood. Worked out ok. The whole area’s gentrified since then. My older son often took BART to the North Berkeley station when he attended HS at nearby St. Mary’s. Worked out ok. I took BART to SF today to spend a few hours in the office. Had a great lunch at Mo’s on Grant, in North Beach. To and from the office, on the streets of SF, however, I saw probably a dozen freezing homeless people, huddled and shivering or passed out drunk. I don’t think you have to go very far to see signs of the people being destroyed in this country.

• xoot said, on December 26, 2016 at 8:32 pm

fn. While walking down Columbus toward BART today I noticed, for probably the hundredth time, the name on a toney little shop–Domergue–and suddenly realized that’s the name of the one woman character in The Hateful Eight. I wonder . . . . If so, helluva tribute. Maybe the proprietor insulted Tarantino somehow.

13. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on December 26, 2016 at 8:32 pm

I’ve had a bunch of different jobs in my life, some great and interesting, others not so much, but for some reason, I’d love to be able to put “freight brakeman for the Southern Pacific” on my CV…. 🙂

14. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on December 26, 2016 at 8:36 pm

And yeah, what Steve said about the long trans-global flights. Tolerable, even interesting in a way, a couple decades ago. Not anymore. Wish I had either a) enough money for 1st class, or b) enough time to take the slow boat to wherever. This time, it’s taken 8 days to get back on US time. Not to mention morning regularity. Ok, I won’t mention that….

15. willedav said, on December 26, 2016 at 8:44 pm

Blade/Paul, my co. sells a product called NoJetLag developed by doctor (distributed by LCI lewis clark industries), designed to help keep system hydrated. It’s a pill you take at takeoff, every few hours while awake on flight then when you land.
    General reaction has been pretty positive; what you guys both talk about seems to affect travelers much harder going in the direction you too have taken.

There is also apparently another similar product with more natural ingredients than arnica and chamomile as in NJL. A buddy of mine who is from Holland and travels frequently gave me a paper touting the benefits of dried cherries–apparently something in them mitigates a chemical imbalance that occurs being at 30thou feet for x amount of hours too.

• blade3colorado said, on December 26, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Thanks Willie. I just Googled it and am glad it is natural, i.e., Arnica Montana 30C (Leopard’s Bane), Bellis Perennis 30C (Daisy), Chamomilla 30C (Wild Chamomile), Ipecacuanha 30C (Ipecac), Lycopodium 30C (Clubmoss).

and copied this too . . .

Proper Name: Arnica Montana (Asteraceae/Compositae)
      Common Names: Leopard’s bane, Wolf’s Bane, Mountain tobacco and Sneezewort.
      Source: Grows in the mountains of Europe and Siberia.
      Parts used: Whole plant when in flower.

Frankly, the effects have been so severe the last 2 trips back to the USA, that I will definitely look into this or something else that is homeopathic/natural.

• blade3colorado said, on December 26, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Wow! This web site is amazing . . . http://www.nojetlag.com/

I had no idea taking Melatonin was one of the worst things to do. Per the site, “This is a controversial and complex treatment for jet lag involving the manipulation of a hormone in the body, starting in the days preceding travel. Research shows that if you miscalculate the right time to take it, melatonin will actually make jet lag worse! And for research that casts doubt on whether melatonin does counter jet lag.”

Again, thanks Willie. I learned something useful today. 🙂

16. unca_chuck said, on December 26, 2016 at 9:19 pm

I’m with ya on KD, Zumie. He needs to be attacking the rim late. The front court guys all need to do that.

17. unca_chuck said, on December 26, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Shit, that was supposed to post 3 hours ago. Getting tired of ATT . . .

The passing is great but they take way too many chances with the inside shit through the legs.

I ride Bart every day and its same old same old. Crowded smelly and Megadeth at high volume the whole way.

Only way to survive. Off hours get dicey.

18. pawliekokonuts said, on December 27, 2016 at 6:40 am

Let’s hope turning the calendar to 2017 translates to living in the now, or even looking to the future. Enough of the Auld Lang Stix. If there’s any cult following here, let it be baseball players or managers.

19. Flavor said, on December 27, 2016 at 9:05 am