Re-heating the Trumbo *Rumor*

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on December 29, 2016

This reeks of hot stove rumor nonsense but I’d like to at least dream that the Giants are in on this guy.

• Mark Trumbo is probably now the player with the highest earning capacity who has yet to sign, but his landing spot remains hard to peg. Beyond the Orioles and Rockies, Heyman says, “a couple more opportunities may have cropped up” of late.

Speaking of *hot stoves* let’s see what our license plate pounding Flap buddy has been up to in the kitchen…..

#freestix! RPOTD

Carstie Clausen said, on May 25, 2016 at 11:45 am (Edit)

One of those occasional meatless mornings for me. Kinda. Few days ago i steam-sauteed down some fresh garden veggies like spinach and bunching onions along with some small peppers (3 mild, 1 japaleno). Meanwhile i stirred up a batter featuring some Indian Head cornmeal from Maryland (no GMO and maybe even organic); plenty of oat-bran; some rye flour; bit of whole wheat flour; one farm egg; Rumford’s (non-alumina based) baking powder and considerably more milk than water.

Veggies ready, they got folded into the batter along with a full can of pre-Fuckyoushima radiation-free, Alaska pink salmon (been hoarding those) stirred it all up and them spooned into my original Griswold #10 skillet dabbled with olive oil atop the wood cookstove.

Served it up with a bit of raunch dressing for a side-dip and a cup of strainer-seeped heavy-duty coffee. Got 4 meals from it over the past 5 days or so with enough batter combo remaining for one more go.

1. Flavor said, on December 29, 2016 at 7:48 am

Stix is popping open cans of salmon. How rad is that? I spend literally minutes at the butcher trying to decide what type of fresh salmon to buy and he’s washing down salmon cans with grainbelt beer. In fact, I bet he uses the empty salmon cans as cups for his beer. Or maybe his coffee. Does it get any better???????

2. willedav said, on December 29, 2016 at 8:10 am

Trumbo is not an NL player. Last time he was in the league he hit 23 HRs for AZ, in a hitters yard. No thx.
    Get a better hitter, for avg and OB.

Gotta hope LA does not get Dozier. Sure he won’t hit 42 HRs for them, but what would he drop off to–20 or 25? Is Panik or any other Giants IF doing that?
    They already have Turner and Seager, 2 dang good hitters on left side. Adding a guy like him, esp as RH power bat to their LH heavy LU, would make their IF a lot better than what Giants have.

Who gives an F what they pay the guy or for how long if he kills the Giants and helps LA win?

• Flavor said, on December 29, 2016 at 8:20 am

that’s why we’re gonna need Trumbo. And I am firmly of the belief that he is taking drugs without fear of reprisal and definitely one step ahead of the testers. So I’m not too worried about what he did pre-drugs…..

3. Flavor said, on December 29, 2016 at 8:32 am

I wanna head down to the bank and deposit those 47 bombs into my account. Right now. Let’s go!

• willedav said, on December 29, 2016 at 10:29 am

First, It would take Trumbo 2 yrs to do that, imo. Those 47 are strictly result of park factor of playing home games in Balt plus Bos NY Tor all year. ATT as home plus Chavez Petco, no way Jose. This is what else goes into your account by way of deposit.
      what you would get on avg per every 20 ABs:
      1 HR so 25 over 500 ABs
      4 other hits (and a lot of outs) for .250 BA/.300 OB.
      1 BB/5Ks

$70 mil? He’s a rally killing Dave Kingman and a liability with a glove.

4. gianthead said, on December 29, 2016 at 9:31 am

Can’t see a luxury cap conscious front office makes any moves until the trade deadline. I don’t think Trumbo is taking a one-year $8 mill deal…

5. snarkk said, on December 29, 2016 at 10:53 am

Why would a team like the Giants owned by billionaires give a crap about $5 to $10 mil in lux tax, when an extra player causing that tax may get u to the playoffs — and ONE playoff game at ATT probably generates that much in revenue?…

6. willedav said, on December 29, 2016 at 11:12 am

Hey Big Flav, re: your BART trip the other day, finally got some more info about this story out of Hayward:

A guy with gf and 4 yr old son Christmas shopping Sat night 8 PM at Target got into confrontation with 2 others inside toy dept over them playing loud music on phone that was apparently inappropriate for children. He grabbed a wine bottle and hit one of them over the head with it, and then got stabbed 4 times, fatally.

• blade3colorado said, on December 29, 2016 at 11:17 am

Whoa! There must be a lesson in there somewhere . . . Avoid Hayward Target stores? Carry a gun? Wear ear plugs?

World is getting more and more fucked up each and every day.

• djloo27 said, on December 29, 2016 at 11:21 am

Shop online…

• chipower9 said, on December 29, 2016 at 11:35 am

Another gem from Styx. He may have the easy life in the pokey, but I know from the letters that he is not a fan of jailhouse grub.

I’m with Loo…I do almost all of my shopping online via Amazon, and what I do not spend there, I try to keep local at small “mom and pop” stores in the thriving metropolis of Placerville.

But just to be on the safe side…get a concealed carry permit…

• willedav said, on December 29, 2016 at 12:42 pm

mm, just worried that the more people with a c c, getting a coffee and roll could turn a local shop into the OK Corral because someone who happened to be packing got amped over barista who didn’t get his order quite right.

• unca_chuck said, on December 29, 2016 at 1:12 pm

Don’t start shit you can’t finish?

• djloo27 said, on December 29, 2016 at 3:53 pm

• chipower9 said, on December 30, 2016 at 7:16 am

Well, most of the people I know who have a CC permit are very grounded…and the last thing they would do is pull their weapon in some silly-assed situation like that. You carry to defend yourself or others in times of dire consequences/life and death, only.

7. blade3colorado said, on December 29, 2016 at 1:01 pm

8. unca_chuck said, on December 29, 2016 at 4:55 pm

DJ, I hated that movie but I think we’ve all been there . , ,

• blade3colorado said, on December 29, 2016 at 5:21 pm

Yeah, I hated this movie too. I was expecting so much more and it disappointed. It also turns out that Douglas’s character isn’t as much of an “every man” or “normal Joe Blow” as he was first made out to be. It seems that he had a history of violent behavior, and so instead of being a movie about an average guy who snaps, “Falling Down” is about a nut case pretending to be an average guy who snaps. Anywho, at the time, I was expecting so much more and this film did not deliver.

Also, who the fuck drives around on hot, humid days, in LA traffic jams without air conditioning? That’s his big fucking mistake right there.

• unca_chuck said, on December 29, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Yeah, it could have been good, but yeah, the guy wasn’t everyman, he was a psycho.

9. zumiee said, on December 29, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Bud Selig making it into the Hall of Fame is definitely helping Bonds and Clemens in the vote totals, by what’s been posted already. I still doubt they make it in this time, but they are trending upward. Canseco said Pudge Rodriguez was a juicer, and Rodriguez is probably going to get in, maybe even this year. Bagwell and Ortiz, both under a juice-cloud, will make it in eventually. Bagwell maybe even this year.

10. chipower9 said, on December 29, 2016 at 6:09 pm

I have not seen anything official, but a friend tells me KNBR has reported February 13 as the report date for pitchers and catchers.

46 daze. Let’s play ball, bitches!

11. pawliekokonuts said, on December 29, 2016 at 7:44 pm

I worked at an engineering firm in the ’90s and this colleague says to me, “Dude, you’re that guy in ‘Falling Down.'” I had never seen it before. Sure enough. So, there’s that.

12. zumiee said, on December 29, 2016 at 7:57 pm

I’m trying to figure out what Stix actually ended up eating in that recipe. He fried some salmon in a heavy batter that also had vegetables in it. And then dipped the fried salmon pieces in ranch dressing. And ate that for several days.
    Uh, OK…..

• Macdog said, on December 29, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Or as Stix calls it, “raunch” dressing. And glad to see I’m not the only one who has no idea what the hell he’s making.

13. blade3colorado said, on December 29, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Yeah, the shit that Stix concocts and eats you wont find in any Betty Crocker cook book, much less will you find any of his dishes in restaurants that the red Michelin Guide grades. Amazed though about his cooking equipment, e.g., a number 10 Griswold pan is usually about 11-1/2″ in diameter and can cost upwards of a $1000 brand new. Here is a used one . . .

The other thing which made my stomach queasy about, was him eating this stuff for 4-5 days straight. If I recall correctly, his “refrigerator” was a rusted out van in his front yard. I just looked at the date stamp on this post and correct me if I am wrong, but doesn’t the frozen Minnesota tundra start becoming unfrozen around May 25th? Even warm?

Hey, but what do I know . . . bon appétit!

14. chipower9 said, on December 30, 2016 at 7:26 am

If you pay over $100 for a Griswold cast iron anything, you got took (unless you are big on names). You can buy a Lodge brand cast iron skilled (10″) for less than $50 and it is every bit as good as a Griswold (I have owned and used both).

• Flavor said, on December 30, 2016 at 8:05 am

his was an original so I’m guessing it was purchased 60+ years ago…..

15. chipower9 said, on December 30, 2016 at 7:28 am

45 daze until pitchers and catchers report.

Let’s play ball, bitches!

Damn…I can almost smell the fresh cut grass, the aroma of grilled dogs and onions wafting throughout the ballpark, accompanied by the sun on my skin as I wash that dog down with an icy cold brew. Come on, baseball…