Page 2

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 6, 2017

Here’s the second page of Stix letter from the other side. I put his full address up in the left hand corner. Don’t worry about the #312, that’s a code for me at work. The rest of it is the official way you can contact him if you haven’t gotten enough of him here yet this Winter. 🙂

stixy

1. blade3colorado said, on January 6, 2017 at 9:02 am

Does anyone else use a combination of cursive and print in their handwriting as Stix does? I do. Bob Dylan wrote like this too.

Experts say this about the trait of combining cursive and print writing . . .

“You’re flexible, efficient, and adaptable — the sort of person that moves around a lot and likes to try new things. When you were a kid and people asked you what you wanted to be when you grew up, you were never quite sure. You have a variety of hobbies and could be described as “well rounded.”

• zumiee said, on January 6, 2017 at 9:12 am

I do that, too.

2. Flavor said, on January 6, 2017 at 11:40 am

No. I stopped using cursive after high school. Printing is just much easier for me. But what do I know, I’m left handed

3. zumiee said, on January 6, 2017 at 11:41 am

A bunch of key KC Royals are free agents at the end of ’17. It’s kind of wild to think that KC’s recent window is already getting smaller. Small market realities. And the Royals and their fans experienced how difficult it is to repeat. We’ll see how the Cubs do. They have big market advantages, though, compared to KC.
    Let’s see if the Cubs can do 3 in 5.

• Irish Kevin said, on January 6, 2017 at 11:58 am

Let’s hope not!

• zumiee said, on January 6, 2017 at 12:10 pm

I predict the Cubs won’t do it.

• snarkk said, on January 6, 2017 at 6:46 pm

I predict they won’t do 2 in 5…

4. unca_chuck said, on January 6, 2017 at 1:04 pm

Shit I do block letters, cursive, and lower case . . . a sure sign of schitzophrenia I’m sure . . .

• djloo27 said, on January 6, 2017 at 1:28 pm

In my case, it’s just no direction…

5. zumiee said, on January 6, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Brandon Phillips blocked another trade. He must enjoy losing with the Reds.

6. blade3colorado said, on January 6, 2017 at 4:39 pm

What inning is it?

zzzzzz

7. gianthead said, on January 6, 2017 at 4:52 pm

I forgot to give my nfl predictions!!! I am rooting for a Falcons-Chiefs Super Bowl and will be like Flav and cheer for Alex Smith…the games tomorrow will be awful…

8. gianthead said, on January 6, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Didn’t the Unabomber also mix cursive with print????

There’s your post of the day…

9. unca_chuck said, on January 6, 2017 at 5:33 pm

He was also terrible with apostrophe’s. See how I did that?

Heh heh heh . . .

10. snarkk said, on January 6, 2017 at 6:49 pm

The more perspective I have on the SF 3 in 5, the more I believe it was largely due to the consistent thread of a lock down Pen…

• djloo27 said, on January 6, 2017 at 7:03 pm

Agree, Snarkk. That and Bochy…

• zumiee said, on January 6, 2017 at 7:23 pm

Yeah, the Giants were the true forerunners of the current MLB emphasis on paying relatively big money for great bullpens. Their contracts to the “core 4” in the bullpen were bigger than teams had done before. Especially Affeldt’s contract raised some eyebrows around MLB, but the Giants fans totally understood. Affeldt was especially lights-out in the playoffs, as the other guys were, too. And Affeldt could go more than one inning, and was effective against right-handed batters, too.
      It was pivotal when Bochy went to Affeldt very early in Game 6 vs. the Phillies, and when he went with Affeldt early in Game 7 vs. the Royals. The fireman role that Stix wrote about often.
      Man, we could have used an in-his-prime Affeldt this season.

• zumiee said, on January 6, 2017 at 7:25 pm

Actually could have, of course, used an in-their-prime Casilla, Romo, and Lopez, too.

• zumiee said, on January 6, 2017 at 7:27 pm

And shows that with contracts like that, you’re generally paying for great performance in the earlier part of the contract years. By the end of contracts like that, you’re not getting all that much, but that’s the price that has to be paid.

• Flavor said, on January 6, 2017 at 7:45 pm

totally agree. That’s why I wanted them to sign Melancon AND Jansen. And since we didn’t do that, let’s fire up Holland, too. I want an all-stud bullpen again…..

11. Macdog said, on January 6, 2017 at 10:01 pm

Grizzlies have scored 14 in a row, so Curry figures that’s a good time to throw up a god-awful 3 with defenders all around him. And now it’s 16 in a row.

• zumiee said, on January 6, 2017 at 10:17 pm

With less than a minute left, up by two, the Warriors ran a 5-out clear-out, and Durant shot a three-pointer and missed. I really hate that concept.

• Macdog said, on January 6, 2017 at 10:23 pm

Durant is killing the Warriors at both ends.

• unca_chuck said, on January 6, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Draymond got into KD’s face after that play.

12. unca_chuck said, on January 6, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Jesus. KD joins the act. Firing 3s when they were scoring inside all game.

13. unca_chuck said, on January 6, 2017 at 10:35 pm

That 4th quarter was horrendous. No one going to the basket. Lazy dumb passes. And Iggy passes to Curry moving away form the basket to give him a terrible look to close the game. Klay and KD missed 5 of 6 free throws. 32-13 in the 4th.

14. unca_chuck said, on January 6, 2017 at 10:41 pm

Memphis always plays the Warriors tough.

• djloo27 said, on January 6, 2017 at 10:57 pm

Who the fuck are Memphis Grizzles anyway?

• Macdog said, on January 6, 2017 at 11:06 pm

Tams had already been used.

15. unca_chuck said, on January 6, 2017 at 11:01 pm

Vince Carter plays for ’em.

16. zumiee said, on January 6, 2017 at 11:27 pm

Used to be the Vancouver Grizzlies; it made more sense. Another misnamed NBA team.
    Utah Jazz. LA Lakers.