I Left My Brisket in Kansas City

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 14, 2017

No Baseball to keep the threads moving so I’ll pop up the spreads for this weekend’s playoff games. Loo, I stand with you as a Chiefs fan tomorrow.

Reminds me of this epic commercial that I can’t BELIEVE came out 20 years ago. Great googly moogly!

I’m not betting but if I were, this is what I would be doing:

Seattle +4 (if the choice is Wilson or Ryan I’m going RW all day long)

Houston +16 (this is a straight *go opposite of public opinion* bet)

KC -1 (just cause I want them to win)

Dallas -4 (GB will have a hard time stopping the Dallas O)

Feel free to go oppo of all that and make some serious coin with your bookie.

1. willedav said, on January 14, 2017 at 8:21 am

Good one.
    Found the Tom Landry AmEx commercial from 1982, where he is in reg clothes and cowboy hat, walks into saloon and says, “it can help you out in tough situations, like when you’re surrounded by Redskins (5 big football players). Howdy.”

I wish Giants had taken a stab at signing Tyson Ross. Cueto could bail after this year and still has monster contract. Besides Bum, other SPs are Moore and Samrdz. If Ross gets healthy later this season he could be lot better than unproven kid.

Gotta hope Twins don’t make a deal with LA over Dozier. He’d strengthen them quite a bit on the IF and as RH bat in middle of that LH heavy LU. Love to have him here too. Still don’t think Evans has done enough to improve LU; deal at mid season likely to be more expensive if needed, esp for OF help.

2. unca_chuck said, on January 14, 2017 at 8:22 am

The Zappa reference in the commercial always had me laughing,

• Flavor said, on January 14, 2017 at 8:24 am

my Frank Zappa knowledge is limited at best. What was it?

• willedav said, on January 14, 2017 at 8:52 am

great googly moogly,

3. unca_chuck said, on January 14, 2017 at 8:24 am

McCutcheon at the break would be good with me.

4. willedav said, on January 14, 2017 at 9:12 am

Giants re-upped Nunez for 1 yr/ $4 mil, along with Kontos. I hope someone moves him to bench 3-4 days a week. He’s never gotten more than 200-300 ABs in a season his entire career except for bottom feeder Twins. His career avg season would be .273 10 HRs 30 SBs.

Last year for Giants 4 HRs 3 triples .269 .746 OPS in 50 games, 98 OPS+.
    .746 was what Sandoval hit in his last year here 2014, noted as disappointing season as most stats including HRs dropped significantly.
    Bottom line Giants have saved $100 mil but haven’t gotten any more production out of prime offensive spot, 3b.

• Flavor said, on January 14, 2017 at 10:01 am

4 mil for Nunie is a complete and utter bargain.

• snarkk said, on January 14, 2017 at 1:41 pm

Agreed. A’s paying rajai 6 mil to stink it up…

5. Flavor said, on January 14, 2017 at 10:01 am

Happy birthday to that fucking Clown!

• Bozo said, on January 14, 2017 at 8:05 pm

Thanks, Flav. Today a guy at the bar told me that I’ve made it to the fourth quarter, I told him I was shooting for OT… Cheers all.

6. wilcojoe said, on January 14, 2017 at 11:05 am

MLB Network currently showing an hour long program on the 1993 pennant race.

• snarkk said, on January 14, 2017 at 1:42 pm

Let us know how it ends up…

7. alleykat69 said, on January 14, 2017 at 11:42 am

Winner… Pittsburgh over the Chiefs( sorry Loo) too many weapons, they can’t stop the triplets and seriously Alex Smith(Mr Checkdown will be checking out again, no way in hell does he ever go to a SB)24-13
    Winner.. New England over Houston and they cover easily 35-10
    Winner…Seattle over Atlanta! The Falcons always choke in the playoffs home are away so that trend will continue 31-21
    Winner Dallas over Green Bay… Even though Pack has been hotter then a frying pan 🍳 the loss of Jordy Nelson is a killer and they won’t be able to run, so just too much for Rodgers to overcome throwing the ball 60 times…38-24

• djloo27 said, on January 14, 2017 at 12:16 pm

Alex doesn’t fill me with confidence and Bell scares the shit out of me.
      On the other hand, Pitt’s D is nothing to fear and Tyreek Hill is a monster.
      Home field + revenge factor from early season national TV humiliation should help, too.
      Also, I read that it might be a little too early in the playoffs for a major Andy Reid fuck-up.
      Chiefs 30-20!

• djloo27 said, on January 14, 2017 at 12:20 pm

The weather is another ‘X’ factor I guess…

• Flavor said, on January 14, 2017 at 12:55 pm

Weather seems like it’ll be ok now that they’ve moved it

8. wilcojoe said, on January 14, 2017 at 12:22 pm

Chefs (see what I did there?) 24-21 over Steelers on late field goal. Bell gets held to measly 100 yards and no TD (I seriously need this to happen as I haven’t taken him in any of my DK games today).

Pats 28-10 over Texans. The Texans will be lucky to score double digits.

Sea 31-18 over ATL. See Kat’s comments above

GB 24-Dal 20 I actually want to see Dallas come down to Houston for the Super Bowl, cause I could probably rent my house out for that week and pay off my mortgage for the next six months if that happens. However I can fully expect Aaron Rodgers to fuck that up for me on a Hail Mary jump ball to Adams as time expires.

9. snarkk said, on January 14, 2017 at 12:27 pm

I’m for Green Bay to the SB win. Rogers is a Cal Bear, though he doesn’t admit that anymore, so there’s my only reason to root for them. As long as Dallas craters, I’m otherwise ambivalent…

10. djloo27 said, on January 14, 2017 at 1:31 pm

What a great job on the National Anthem!

11. alleykat69 said, on January 14, 2017 at 1:53 pm

Great National Athem!
    Even greater Seattle Drive 14 plays 89 yards 8mins shove it down the Falcons throats and take the crowd level down some..

12. djloo27 said, on January 14, 2017 at 2:08 pm

Nothing like a big, speedy, physical WR.
    Wish we could activate Otis Taylor for tomorrow…

• willedav said, on January 14, 2017 at 4:30 pm

Frank Pitts Gloster Richardson Warren McVea.

13. willedav said, on January 14, 2017 at 4:32 pm

Since I’m obviously not up to speed on Nunez value, pls give me your projection on his O numbers for 2017 compared to what he did last year for SF (not the Twins).

• Flavor said, on January 14, 2017 at 6:47 pm

a better question is, what are you expecting for 4 mil? But 10 bombs, 10 triples, 30 sb’s isn’t out of the question. And that would MORE than pay off that paltry 4 million

• gianthead said, on January 15, 2017 at 5:29 am

I’m going .280 with 20 bags..30 bags if he leads off…

14. willedav said, on January 14, 2017 at 5:07 pm

Atlanta Falcons are #1. Finally, time for Richard Sherman to STFU. After that one, I don’t care who does what.

15. pawliekokonuts said, on January 14, 2017 at 5:57 pm

Went to BC @ SYR basketball game. Tell me, why do sporting events, malls, and airports make me randier than usual?

• djloo27 said, on January 14, 2017 at 8:32 pm

All the whores walking around, I guess…

• gianthead said, on January 15, 2017 at 5:25 am

I think it was all the college chicks Pawlie…at least last night .

16. gianthead said, on January 15, 2017 at 5:24 am

Let’s see…I’ll go with the Pats and Falcons…lulz…word! I had no money on the games but still rooting for Chiefs-Falcons…would bet Chiefs-Dallas today…