The Best Commercial of All Time

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on March 22, 2017

Chuck got me going on the last thread with those old Giants commercials from the early 2000’s. According to Bozo, his name is Matt Griesser. I could watch this every day of my life and not get sick of it.

Also, I couldn’t find it but there was another slightly longer version of this commercial (when it first came out) of him giving Lucille a couple more ass-whacks and he had the funniest expression on his face like “am I really free styling this??!!!?!?!”. After about a week of running it they cut it to this so somebody must have complained.

1. sfsarge said, on March 22, 2017 at 6:33 am

I’ve never seen that before, that was epic.

2. unca_chuck said, on March 22, 2017 at 7:25 am

That one is by far the best. He was super fan or something.

3. willedav said, on March 22, 2017 at 7:42 am

I liked the one with the two little girls and Wilson, where they tell him his hair is dumb and they’re looking for Lincecum.
    Don’t remember this one, this guy is whack. Surprised the Lou Seal guy went along with it.

4. Flavor said, on March 22, 2017 at 7:47 am

5. willedav said, on March 22, 2017 at 7:50 am

wow that’s pretty funny. I was surprised that Cain and the missus moved into Noe Valley in the City I think it was. I’m sure when friends/family visited from Alabama and Tennessee they said same thing as Aurillia.

6. alleykat69 said, on March 22, 2017 at 8:11 am

My buddy from High School days actually named that Seal back in the day Lou.He was invited to a game with about 5 others to meet the seal and throw a pitch from the mound, pretty cool …

7. willedav said, on March 22, 2017 at 8:21 am

Ryder Jones (who?) hits Earl Weaver special 3 run bomb yesterday. Baggs says he will play 1b-3b-Of for Sac. Seems like Giants have a lot of these guys. Hill played some LF yesterday and Baggs seems to indicate Specs has no shot at making it.
    Cueto dominates, Osich walks 3 guys (arrggh!)….sounds like they are in mid season form.

In other news, Seth Curry on last night: “It was a lot of fun until the game started and they were beating up on us.” He had off night as Warriors blew Dallas up by 25 and big bro Steph sat out entire 4th Q.

• willedav said, on March 22, 2017 at 8:38 am

Looks like Kings, who had Seth last year for a while but rescinded a contract offer to him during summer, after which he signed with Mavs, kept the wrong guys at G.

• unca_chuck said, on March 22, 2017 at 9:20 am

Can’t believe they didn’t keep him. The Kings are grossly mismanaged. Mike Malone has the undermanned Nuggets at the edge of the playoffs. The kings once again are sinking.

8. unca_chuck said, on March 22, 2017 at 11:11 am

All I found out about the guy is his name was Life Coach Bill. I think he only had a one-year run doing ads. 2003.

9. Bozo said, on March 22, 2017 at 11:30 am

Unca, he is Matt Griesser, he was also the PGA Sign Boy. Right now he’s doing the Cheese voice for the Cheez It ads.

• Flavor said, on March 22, 2017 at 11:43 am

How did you find him?

• Bozo said, on March 22, 2017 at 12:10 pm

I did a search of, “sf giants superfan comedian life coach bill” and two of the Viemo ads came up showing his name . Reading his bio, the guy has done a bunch of stuff that I never realized that it was the same guy. I love the Cheese Wheel in the Cheez Its ad.

10. Flavor said, on March 22, 2017 at 11:46 am

• wilcojoe said, on March 22, 2017 at 1:23 pm

I love how he calls Tim Herron by his nickname so nonchalantly. “Oh hey Lumpy”

11. Flavor said, on March 22, 2017 at 11:55 am

So I just tweeted Griesser and he got back to me in like a second, lol
    Matt Griesser‏ @GriesserMatt 43s43 seconds ago
    @1flapdown77 Flavor! My agent Lorri at Culbertson Group is always willing to discuss such comebacks. I just miss acting w/ Lou Seal! 😜👍🏻❗

12. Flavor said, on March 22, 2017 at 12:06 pm

and another one. This guy seems cool as hell.
    Matt Griesser‏ @GriesserMatt 29s30 seconds ago
    @1flapdown77 That spot w/ Lou Seal was completely improvised, one take – for seriously. Loved shooting those ads. “Life Coach Bill” 🤣🤙🏼❗

• Bozo said, on March 22, 2017 at 12:11 pm

Sweet.

• chipower9 said, on March 22, 2017 at 12:38 pm

That is cool as hell…

13. chipower9 said, on March 22, 2017 at 12:35 pm

I had forgot about those commercials…they were/are fucking hilarious.

Here is how I think the 25 will shake-out:

Parker

Starting Pitchers
    Bum
    Cueto
    Shark
    Moore
    Cain (pains me to say it, but I think he gets the nod to start the season)

Bullpen
    Melancon
    Strickland
    Law
    Kontos
    Suarez
    Gearrin
    Ty Blach
    Okert/Osich (maybe Osich gets the nod, even though he has sucked balls in ST, as a Lefty for Smith’s spot)
    – Yes, I do believe they will carry 13 pitchers to start the year…

Bench
    Hundley
    Gillaspie
    Hill/Hwang (I am leaning towards Hwang, even though Hill has ZERO HRs this spring, but Evans and Boch will probably go with Hill).
    Marrero – not on the 40 man roster, so there would have to be a move there.

RE Smith from the Chron:
    “The left-handed setup man was diagnosed with a sprain of the ulnar collateral ligament and a strained elbow muscle. He flew to San Francisco on Tuesday to meet with team orthopedist Dr. Ken Akizuki.

The typical result of this injury is the Tommy John operation, which would cost Smith the 2017 season and perhaps some of 2018. If the injury is not that severe, Smith could try rest and rehabilitation.”

• Bozo said, on March 22, 2017 at 1:02 pm

Maybe they can just tape Smith’s ligament back to the elbow like they did for Seth Maness. He could be back for the playoffs.

Going in and taping a ligament back to the elbow makes me think you are getting surgery done by a drummer. Dude, I’ve got some Duct tape here, it’ll fix anything.

14. Flavor said, on March 22, 2017 at 12:36 pm

Matt Griesser‏ @GriesserMatt 44s44 seconds ago
    @1flapdown77 @SFGiants @KNBR Thanks for the great vibes, Flavor! Loved playing “Life Coach Bill” w/ the SF Giants squad. GO GIANTS, GO! 😜👍🏻

15. chipower9 said, on March 22, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Was at a concert last night, so missed the WBC semi between Japan-USA. USA wins it with an unearned run 2-1.

Bring on Puerto Rico…undefeated so far this year in the WBC. USA lost earlier in the tourney to Puerto Rico, 6-5.

16. wilcojoe said, on March 22, 2017 at 12:59 pm

I didn’t realize he was the same guy as the dude in the Footjoy commercials. Those were fucking great as well.

This is proof of what a marketing genius Larry Baer really is. The Giants sucked ass back then, so he knew those commercials were sometimes the most entertaining part of the game. Now that their winning World Series every other year, he doesn’t have to get overly creative with his marketing ads.

I am telling you, every major league owner should fly their marketing/sales teams to San Francisco for a week just to steal ideas from the Giants.

17. unca_chuck said, on March 22, 2017 at 1:03 pm

Great book so far . . .

18. Macdog said, on March 22, 2017 at 1:44 pm

And so it goes . . .

Baggs: The Brewers have four hits in the first inning against Matt Cain, and they just executed a double steal to take a 3-0 lead.

• chipower9 said, on March 22, 2017 at 2:09 pm

Cain is done. Give the man his gold watch and walking papers.

19. alleykat69 said, on March 22, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Yes he is done Chi,Just don’t see them dumping him at the start with that coin involved.Blach should be the 5th starter and I’m going with a shaky Osich and Okert in the pen and not Suarez who doesn’t impress me and really not needed since they can shake out the long Guy between unfortunately Cain&Blach..

20. unca_chuck said, on March 22, 2017 at 3:13 pm

Cain is going to be ‘injured’ before he’s ever going to be the long guy. Bochy hated running Timmy out there when he was getting shelled so I’d think there will be some kind of mystery ailment in his future.

Suarez is a shit ton better than Cain at this point. Blach gets the 5 and Suarez the long guy.

21. djloo27 said, on March 22, 2017 at 4:40 pm

Cain should step up and do the right thing after all the money he’s made for nothing. Make a deal with management to hang it up and let them annuitize his contract so it’s paid out over the next 10 years…

• chipower9 said, on March 22, 2017 at 7:39 pm

Great plan, Loo.

22. djloo27 said, on March 22, 2017 at 7:22 pm

I always thought “Hep C” was an energy drink or something like that.
    Apparently not according to a commercial I just saw.
    Learn something every day. ..

23. chipower9 said, on March 22, 2017 at 7:40 pm

This kid Stroman is dealing for the US! Damned good baseball…

24. wilcojoe said, on March 22, 2017 at 7:48 pm

Damn, Kinsler makes a Trumpish comment about the Puerto Rico team, then he goes yard.

• chipower9 said, on March 22, 2017 at 8:07 pm

Didn’t catch the comment, but saw the bomb. Bam!

25. chipower9 said, on March 22, 2017 at 8:43 pm

Craw with a knock to bust it open to 6-0 US…

26. alleykat69 said, on March 22, 2017 at 8:44 pm

Crawdaddy smokes the 2 run single!!
    USA USA 🇺🇸

27. snarkk said, on March 22, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Actually watching this WBC final on a bistro bar in N. Phoenix. Craw came thru with the fatal blow 2 run knock, after a really good AB. Pagan just put a good inside out swing on for that double to left. Sign him for a year?…

• unca_chuck said, on March 22, 2017 at 9:10 pm

I’m down with that. We get 2 months we’re fine. Keep LF warm for McCutcheon.

• chipower9 said, on March 22, 2017 at 9:38 pm

I’ve been calling for it for quite a while. Absolutely would do a one-year deal…but I think he is looking two year minimum. That would not fly…

• unca_chuck said, on March 22, 2017 at 10:15 pm

Yeah, i think the lack of interest may change his mind but we’ll see.

28. unca_chuck said, on March 22, 2017 at 9:10 pm

Holy shit. Who knew Kenny Rogers was playing for Puerto Rico?

29. unca_chuck said, on March 22, 2017 at 10:16 pm

Carlos Beltran looks like father time . . .