Time To Tousle Some Hair

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 25, 2017

The Giants know their fans aren’t stupid. They couldn’t keep trotting that slop out there and expect the masses to tacitly accept a sunk season. The season still may spiral away but at least there will be some hope mixed in.

The addition of Arroyo and his hair, along with a Stubbs brother, didn’t do much to pump up the worst offense in the National League. The real story is the completely unforeseen (except by DIRT) re-birth of Matt Cain. I’m ashamed I ever doubted The Horse. Dirt deserves massive credit for calling this one. He stood alone and was rewarded for his unwavering faith.

Tonight looks like another 2-1 affair. Can Ty Blach rediscover his magic from last season. Tonight would be a good time for that. Can the Giants score a run off Kershaw? This fuck has a 1.61 ERA against us in 35 career starts. Think about that. You would think that at least one time we would blow his ass up. Nope. 1.61 ERA. Embarrassing.

______________

Happy Birthday UNCA CHUCK.

1. wilcojoe said, on April 25, 2017 at 6:45 am

If you throw out Bum’s two homers off of him and his ERA is probably under 1.00

2. chipower9 said, on April 25, 2017 at 6:50 am

Even sans offense, that was a bad-ass game last night. The team at least had some life (outside of scoring only two runs) instead of sleep-walking through nine innings.

We got a lift from Cainer who looked like the Horse of old. I have said I would like nothing more than for Cain to make me eat my words. His start to this season is amazing…hope it is something he can sustain.

Excellent start for young Arroyo. Dig the energy that he brought to the game last night.

BEAT LA!

And let’s get another win for Unca! Happy birthday, brother. Next time we meet-up, first round is on me.

3. zumiee said, on April 25, 2017 at 7:03 am

Cain has added 2 MPH to his fastball since the season started. That’s amazing. Think if Timmy could have done that. That’s a career-saving thing.

• zumiee said, on April 25, 2017 at 7:23 am

Maybe he broke through some scar tissue or adhesions or something.

Hopefully his comeback continues. It is desperately needed.

4. sfsarge said, on April 25, 2017 at 7:24 am

I’m very glad Cainer is proving me wrong. Didn’t get to watch much of the game last night. Law was already in there when i finally got to sit down, missed The Horse. Re: tonight’s game, ditto what you said Flavor.

5. zumiee said, on April 25, 2017 at 7:34 am

I agree about being so tired of Kershaw dominating us. You’d think one time we’d rough him up; but no, it never happens.

6. chipower9 said, on April 25, 2017 at 7:35 am

On the surface, this should be a W for la bambinos. What, Kershaw (who has a 0.74 WHIP to go along with that ERA) against the kid, Blach (who has a pretty damned tidy WHIP at 1.06). Well, let’s hope the boys blow that shit all to hell and pin a L on Opie.

7. unca_chuck said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:03 am

LA’s offense is no murderer’s row so this should be another low-scoring affair. They were wet-noodling all night.

Cain has hammy tightness? Precautionary? Thx, Flav.

8. zumiee said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:04 am

The Dodgers put Pederson on the DL with a groin strain.

9. unca_chuck said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:05 am

And yeah, Arroyo looked very good defensively. Smooth and sure. Taped all his ABs but no Posey moment.

10. zumiee said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:07 am

With Craw going on bereavement leave, who gets the call-up?

• chipower9 said, on April 25, 2017 at 12:57 pm

I doubt anyone. They have GameFace and Arroyo can play 2B, SS, and 3B (he had played all three for Sacto this year).

11. Irish Kevin said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:33 am

I guess Posey put to rest all the talk of moving him to 1st base. We will see him at first when he can no longer squat

12. eddacker said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:47 am

Having been in Cain’s Corner all along (albeit as hope and not a diggity dog style prediction, well done my good man) He would have made a big diff if it had happened last season. But I am convinced our team is not a dominate type. Our team scratches and fights and works for their wins. Always have. And our saviours are more aquired, built, unfolded rather than arriving – exploding – onto the field.
    No reason.
    Great reading here every day. And now we have our first one run game not lost in the late innings.
    Go Gigantes!

13. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:50 am

Even when he was pitching with high heat up in the zone Cain sort of defied statistics with his success. That said, something seemed to click with him during that start against Arizona on the 12th. I thought Hundley might be his personal catcher after he coaxed that solid effort out of him. Cain had spurts of success the last couple of years though so I am just hoping it continues.

14. djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:05 am

I guess last night was something to build on as the idiotic cliché goes. They would have to come to NY in May at 15-17 to get a rise out of me instead of the 9-23 that I predicted. I am certain Bum is done for the season…

• snarkk said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:11 am

Sheez, Loo.
      Don’t you have confidence in the Giants medicos?
      They did MRI and other tests yesterday. If he has to have surgery on that shoulder, that ain’t good. For this season, and rest of career…

15. snarkk said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:09 am

All these mock NFL drafts.
    What good are they – I don’t get all the interest in it…

• Irish Kevin said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:27 am

Yeah, like all drafts it is a crap shoot, pick someone and pray.

16. zumiee said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:27 am

It’s all because Bumgarner had this toy as a kid:

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:38 am

lulz. I had that toy too, zum. It was awesome. Now that I think about it, I have also hit a bad patch of dirt and laid down a dirt bike.

• Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Only once? It was a regular occurrence for me. lol

17. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:39 am

Law was shaky last night but if I am good with giving him some leash to grow into the role if Strickland is the alternative.

18. xoot said, on April 25, 2017 at 10:05 am

Cain’s fastball has life again, his tight curve is as great as it used to be. Occasionally he hangs a breaking ball–either it’s a bigger slower curve that’s not working or the pitch is just getting away from him once in a while. I hope to hell he’s not seriously injured. What a drag that would be, in light of his resurgence.

Schulman made a point of this and it’s absolutely true: After Crawford tagged Turner in the 9th Turner made an A Rod slap at Crawford’s glove, trying to knock the ball out. The slomo mlb replay shows it clearly. I hate that grizzly adams mofo, always have.

• Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 2:19 pm

He’s a putz. Someone buy that dude a razor.

19. blade3colorado said, on April 25, 2017 at 10:51 am

Kershaw and the Giants “Murderers Row”

Brandon Belt = 3-for-51 (.059 avg, 21 Ks)
    Hunter Pence = 6-for-66 (.091 avg, 17 Ks)
    Brandon Crawford = 4-for-29 (.138 avg, 11 Ks)
    Denard Span = 0-for-13 (.000 avg, 4 Ks)
    Buster Posey = 21-for-90 (.233 avg, 16 Ks)

• chipower9 said, on April 25, 2017 at 12:38 pm

I am sure our boys are not the Lone Rangers here…I suspect that Opie has ownage on a majority of ML hitters…

20. alleykat69 said, on April 25, 2017 at 10:56 am

You know on paper yeah Opie should win, but as I recall Blach threw no hit ball for 6 innings down in the Latrine last year and the Dogpile usually have little success against lefties!
    So I’m going with a Blach Blitz win tonight!
    Only wish Bum could of PH off Opie dammit…

21. snarkk said, on April 25, 2017 at 11:01 am

Is it possible to tousle anything other than hair?…

• pawliekokonuts said, on April 25, 2017 at 12:39 pm

Some day, I’d like to get my dick tousled. Wait. That sounds all wrong, on several levels. Withdraw it from the record, your honor. The jury will disregard the statement.

22. gianthead said, on April 25, 2017 at 11:07 am

I only was able to listen to the Giants broadcast of Arroyo’s at bat. Did he look lost at the plate or did he have some presence up there like he belonged???

The problem with a resurgence…the Giants probably pick up his $22 mill option..or maybe the Yanks could be suckered…

• chipower9 said, on April 25, 2017 at 12:40 pm

I liked Arroyo’s approach at the plate. IMO, he definitely did not look lost. I think he’ll be OK, and if any of us think he will not have his slumps, well, we’re fooling ourselves.

23. unca_chuck said, on April 25, 2017 at 11:17 am

Arroyo looked OK. His hardest hit balls were foul. His best AB was in the 2nd when he set up the sac fly by getting Crawfish to 3rd on a grounder to the right side. Panik then drove Craw in.

Romo fooled him pretty bad, but he does that if you haven’t seen him.

24. blade3colorado said, on April 25, 2017 at 11:21 am

Kid’s a natural GH. He was comfortable at 3rd too, making a real good play on a slow roller. Afterwards, Cain gave him a chest bump. LOL

• unca_chuck said, on April 25, 2017 at 12:10 pm

Wasn’t that the ball that hit Cain in the foot? I think it was. His fielding looks very very good. Great arm.

• blade3colorado said, on April 25, 2017 at 12:15 pm

Yes. I also thought he was very comfortable in the dugout. It was funny when Will Clark was kidding him.

25. blade3colorado said, on April 25, 2017 at 12:06 pm

Sandoval (knee) was placed on the 10-day DL today. Anyone surprised?

• chipower9 said, on April 25, 2017 at 12:41 pm

Fuck no. Hey, if any of us weighed 500 pounds, we’d have knee problems, too!

• pawliekokonuts said, on April 25, 2017 at 12:43 pm

maybe someone tousled it at a club

26. pawliekokonuts said, on April 25, 2017 at 12:40 pm

happy birthday, Unca Chuck

27. Jillymaui - My Van Life Adventures said, on April 25, 2017 at 12:50 pm

I thought Arroyo looked sweet at the plate and his ground out eventually scored our first run, I think his hype is huge and hope it comes at least half way home. I would love to stick it to Kershaw big, ringless wonder.

• Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 7:56 pm

Hey there, I saw that you liked my picture of Willie from yesterday and didn’t know who you were. Now I do! Welcome to the Flap Nation.

• Jillymaui - My Van Life Adventures said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:59 pm

I’m a Giants fan, love to read comments on different places, always looking for true fans. Right now love a hit or base runner, bottom 6th.

28. alleykat69 said, on April 25, 2017 at 12:55 pm

Yeah Happy Birthday Chuck!
    I’ll buy you a pitcher of beer at Chucky Cheese 🧀 but only after you wear a chucky cheese cap first….

29. pawliekokonuts said, on April 25, 2017 at 12:58 pm

May J.S. Blach compose a cantata of victory tonight.

30. Bozo said, on April 25, 2017 at 1:20 pm

Happy Birthday, Unca.

Hoping that LA continues to struggle against the lefties. Hundley is hitting .250 against Kershaw, might be a good night to have Posey play first.

31. gianthead said, on April 25, 2017 at 1:21 pm

Thanks everyone for the review on Arroyo. I hope they give him a long look. I really don’t think we are going anywhere this year. Would like to give Kanger a look and might as well see if Slater can handle big league stuff…

• chipower9 said, on April 25, 2017 at 1:26 pm

I do not think Arroyo is going anywhere anytime soon. Unless he just has an absolute meltdown over a prolonged period, I would think (hope) he is up to stay.

And the fact that Murph gave his 22 to wear is cool as hell, IMO.

• djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 2:40 pm

Do you want me to re-post the list of pity cases that Murph has given #22?

32. chipower9 said, on April 25, 2017 at 1:27 pm

It looks like the Jeb Bush/Jeter consortium has won the rights to purchase the Marlins…for 1.3 billion (last estimate of worth for the club was 980 mil).

33. gianthead said, on April 25, 2017 at 1:30 pm

Did Arroyo have some family there?

34. Macdog said, on April 25, 2017 at 2:05 pm

I just read a story about Darren Ford, he’s now playing for the Somerset (NJ) Patriots in the independent Atlantic League.

• alleykat69 said, on April 25, 2017 at 2:29 pm

Ya see MacDog that’s what the Flap is all about! Spanning the globe 🌎 like wide world of sports to find upgraded reporting on guys like Darren Ford& Manny Burris from you & Pawlie!

• Macdog said, on April 25, 2017 at 3:08 pm

Yep, he’s off to a “fast” start at .417 (5 for 12) batting leadoff.

35. djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 3:19 pm

Hoping to get lucky with a washed up stiff like Stubbs is nothing but a sad shot in the dark.
    They keep hoping they’ll duplicate some of the lucky stabs of the championship seasons…

• Flavor said, on April 25, 2017 at 4:41 pm

100% agreed. It almost never works.

36. Macdog said, on April 25, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Dodgers are calling up top prospect 1B/OF Cody Bellinger.

37. Flavor said, on April 25, 2017 at 4:44 pm

With JillyMaui here we now have 2 vans to keep track of. San Dawg named his Harvey. What is yours named?

38. Flavor said, on April 25, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Ahmed Fareed‏Verified account @FareedNBCS 9m9 minutes ago
    Surgery not necessary for Bumgarner and his injured shoulder. Obviously very good news.

• djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Fantastic news, but do you bring him back in August if they’re 20 GB?

• Flavor said, on April 25, 2017 at 5:45 pm

sure. Cheap labor. Gotta put that shit to work.

39. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 25, 2017 at 5:36 pm

X-rays of Cain’s hammy came back negative. The horse lives!

• Bozo said, on April 25, 2017 at 6:31 pm

Great news.

40. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on April 25, 2017 at 6:43 pm

Mac, thanks for the Somerset Patriots update. 🙂 We’ve talked about this, I went to a bunch of games with my brother and his kids when I’d visit NJ in recent years, although it’s been awhile now. It was always fun seeing Sparky Lyle managing there. Saw one game where Tom Goodwin was playing CF, just a couple of years removed from his SF stint way back when. A lot of players, I think, keep on playing for the proverbial love of the game, knowing full well their MLB days are over, ’cause they sure ain’t doing it for the money at that level. Those small town teams and ballparks are fun. I’d probably do the same thing if I was an over the hill ex-major leaguer.

• Macdog said, on April 25, 2017 at 7:48 pm

Ha, I was hoping you’d see that

41. Bozo said, on April 25, 2017 at 7:29 pm

First ML hit is off Kershaw, Ain’t no thing.

42. djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 7:30 pm

So Krukow has no scouting report on Bellinger’s arm?

43. djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 7:36 pm

Kuip makes mistake after mistake. Forgets the count, misreads a graphic. Is he even trying?

• zumiee said, on April 25, 2017 at 7:52 pm

In his defense, he’s better on radio. I think he gets a little lazy on TV broadcasts.

• Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 7:59 pm

You must mean the one that showed Posey’s lifetime average against LEFTIES, not Kershaw. If he’s hitting .328 against Kershaw then, well, I’m Buster Posey. lol

• djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:05 pm

Right, LJ…

44. Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:01 pm

Congrats to Arroyo on his first hit of Kershaw no less. He was just waiting for his folks to arrive before he got it. He has no problem zipping the ball across the infield and on the money. I like his arm.

45. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:04 pm

Love that clip on MLB of the Toronto player heading home and diving up and over Yadier to somersault across the plate. I did that once in Little League, albeit it was diving up and over into 2nd base. Came up all smiles, and with a jammed thumb, couldn’t play for 3 weeks. Oh well.

46. Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:08 pm

Nunez needs to start producing. Like now.

• Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:08 pm

Feeble AB, Nunie.

47. Macdog said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Yeah Buster, got a run after those bs strike calls.

48. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:13 pm

Looked like Opie was about to demonstrate how to expertly pitch out of a jam, with those 2 strikeouts. But Buster comes through. He seems to be quietly leading by example lately. Just get it done on the field and everything will be fine. He’s the defacto cap’n, nice to see.

49. Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:13 pm

Some dude behind the plate is letting “Kerwin” have it, but good.

• djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:29 pm

Guy is relentless. I don’t know how he does it…

50. snarkk said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:16 pm

Well, Giants got their allotted one run off Kershaw…

51. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Agree about Nunie, LJ. He’s got a new opportunity to grab LF and make it his own, something no one else has seemed capable of doing…

52. Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:22 pm

No, everything was not done correctly, Craw threw the ball to Hundley in the dirt. A good throw and they have the DP.

53. alleykat69 said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:23 pm

Turner was dead meat like last night , but Crawford short hopped the throw,would of been bitchin to see him get nailed in back to back games…

54. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:25 pm

A new Larry-Baer-like marketing scheme: Sunday afternoon games at China Basin will see a random fan chosen to play LF for 1 inning. Stats might not be all that different from what we see now by the end of the game…

• Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:32 pm

It wouldn’t be boring.

• snarkk said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:43 pm

Give me 25 fungos in LF before the game and I would do that in a heartbeat…

55. alleykat69 said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:27 pm

That was a bit of a puss catch by Puig on Hundley’s flyball..

56. Brian Jones said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:30 pm

• Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:33 pm

That is too cool.

57. alleykat69 said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:40 pm

That crazy dude under Kruk&Kuip’s booth is fuckin driving me nuts!
    We might go to blows if I was their..

• Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:56 pm

Yeah, he’s got a set of lungs on him. It’s funny for about 2 innings.

• djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Can an usher shut him up if he’s not being profane? I bet that wouldn’t be tolerated in the $1,500 section of Yankee Stadium. Might wake someone…

58. djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:48 pm

Another mistake by Kuip. Schmidt never wore #22 as a Giant…

• Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:56 pm

Kook and Hype.

• xoot said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:04 pm

Good call. I wondered about that and checked BR and thought K&K had been right. But turns out I’m so fucking old on a quick glance I mistook the Pirates’ colors for the Giants’.

• xoot said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:07 pm

my son had a custom orange Giants jersey made to wear to the games this week. The “name” on the back in black letters says “BEAT LA” he also apparently picked up a nice green Irish Heritage Night SF hat tonight. Young people these days communicate mainly with pics. end of civilization is at hand

59. alleykat69 said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:52 pm

Doesn’t the Flap deserve a breavement break from seeing Denard Span?

• snarkk said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:38 pm

! …

60. zumiee said, on April 25, 2017 at 8:58 pm

It seems like a long time since the Giants hit an HR. I can’t even remember the last one.

• djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:00 pm

I think it was Gillaspie vs. Mets…

• blade3colorado said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:04 pm

Belt vs. Rockies????

• zumiee said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:06 pm

That sounds right.

61. Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Kershaw’s not even throwing hard tonight and he’s still dominating. Not much fight from the boys. This a truly anemic offense.

• djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:04 pm

Anemia’s a lack of iron.
      Giants have a lack of wood…

• unca_chuck said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:26 pm

ED?

• djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:32 pm

That’ll work. Happy birthday, old pal…

• zumiee said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:09 pm

Still nothing from leftfield and centerfield.

• Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:12 pm

Nunez is really under-delivering in the run production dept. He’s a black hole right now.

• zumiee said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:15 pm

For some reason, he looks like he’s struggling just to make contact.

• zumiee said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:15 pm

For the last several games.

62. djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Time for the nightly change into your pajamas inning…

• zumiee said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:10 pm

Ha! True!

• djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:12 pm

Gearrin also gives you time to brush your teeth…

• chipower9 said, on April 26, 2017 at 6:59 am

LMAO…good one, Loo! I’ll remember this next time I am watching a game and Gearrin gets the call…

63. Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:15 pm

They must’ve pulled Kershaw because of his leg. Only 76 pitches.

• Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:21 pm

I don’t know WTF I was looking at. I thought Toles was pinch-hitting for Opie.

64. Bozo said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:17 pm

WTG Kontos

65. djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Somehow this game is still very winnable…

• Macdog said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:19 pm

Only if we replace the Giants 8 with the Flap 8.

66. djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:22 pm

Kershaw’s curve is everything Zito’s wasn’t…

67. unca_chuck said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:25 pm

Shit. Nice play by Turner.

68. Lurker John said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:28 pm

The automatic IBB rule has to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of. Exactly what time is being saved there? 1 minute? I didn’t think a worse guy than Selig could be put into place, but they succeeded.

69. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:28 pm

It’s too bad that the guy who hits Opie the best just had a dirtbike accident…

70. unca_chuck said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:29 pm

Huh. Turner got hit by that pitch.

71. djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:30 pm

I think they could unload Strickland and Nunie on the Mets…

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:31 pm

Make the call, Loo….

• djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:36 pm

Mets need BP help and love cheap fireballers. Also have a black hole at 3rd with washed up Reyes and never to return Wright. Nunie’s a cheap solution and he’s played in NY.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:37 pm

What do the Mets have that we want/need? I mean, besides Cespedes… 🙂

72. snarkk said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:40 pm

Other teams beat Kershaw.
    Yeah, they do.
    Maybe the Giants could watch some tape and see what they do to score off him.
    Or, get better hitters…

73. sandog said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:44 pm

Well Loo…..we’re waiting!! (for the second half of ur Mets trade)

That yahoo in the stands isn’t picked up as much on the Dodger feed. Plus—and I know this will NOT go over well with you guys—–I find Hershiser interesting to listen to.

Happy Birthday Chuck!

74. snarkk said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:46 pm

Feliz cumpleaños, Chuck !!!

75. djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:47 pm

They have a couple of young SP they might be able to spare, Gsellman & Lugo that I know of – would probably take more to get one of ’em…

• sandog said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:55 pm

I was about to say we ask for Conforto as part of the return, but then confirmed he bats left-handed. I’m not a big fan of bringing lefty bats into ATT.

• unca_chuck said, on April 25, 2017 at 10:00 pm

Except Barry? Is Conforto a pull hitter?

• sandog said, on April 25, 2017 at 10:12 pm

Barry doing what he did in this park is one of the most amazing athletic feats of all time.
        I don’t know why, but I think the pull hitter has gone the way of the pay phone.
        Fun Fact: the high school where I work still has a pay phone right outside the main office.

• djloo27 said, on April 25, 2017 at 11:00 pm

Conforto’s their big hope for the future. Always liked Lagares…

• chipower9 said, on April 26, 2017 at 7:04 am

There is a campground at Stillwater Cove (north of Fort Ross) that has a pay phone in one of their parking lots.

76. blade3colorado said, on April 25, 2017 at 9:57 pm

Nats leading the Sherpas 15-11 at Nepal Field.

• snarkk said, on April 25, 2017 at 10:01 pm

How’s that humidor working?…

• blade3colorado said, on April 25, 2017 at 10:03 pm

Ironically, it’s raining intermittently, supposedly that keeps the scores down. Humph . . .

• Macdog said, on April 25, 2017 at 10:01 pm

Trea-cycle for Turner.

77. unca_chuck said, on April 25, 2017 at 10:00 pm

Yeah, it was 15-7 a few minutes ago . . .

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Hoping for a fricking win.

Why can’t Belt hit fastballs out over the plate?

78. sandog said, on April 25, 2017 at 10:06 pm

Lets not get too carried away with this “Why can’t the Giants score on Kershaw” narrative. The guy has a 2.37 lifetime ERA and better numbers than Sandy Freaking Koufax. My guess is that the number of teams have hung 6 or 7 ernies on him in one game is pretty damn short.

79. unca_chuck said, on April 25, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Time for a bomb from gameface.

80. blade3colorado said, on April 25, 2017 at 10:17 pm

Rain turned into snow. Hilarious.

• blade3colorado said, on April 25, 2017 at 10:17 pm

. . . but the game is over.

81. unca_chuck said, on April 25, 2017 at 10:20 pm

Yet another injury. Jeeeeze.