Devoid of Anger

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 7, 2017

I’m on board with the drunken ramblings of Tim Flannery posted by Zumiee at the end of the last thread. I listen to a lot of KNBR talk radio and the fans are pissed off. He makes a fair point to note that hard work goes into any success and failure the team has in a given year. And *the baseball gods* probably don’t get enough credit for our 3 in 5.

I’m trying to remember how I used to feel pre-3in5 when we would lose consistently. Probably the most recent years were just after Barry left in 2008. He was gone but we had been bad for at least 4 or 5 years. That was also right around the time I found blogging and I want to say the team didn’t piss me off nearly as much as Twinfan did at the Splash. lqtm. So back then it was really more about arguing with fans who pissed me off, not the play of the team.

Before that we were good for several years. The last bad stretch was ’94–’96 and I don’t really remember getting pissed off at the team. But that was a long time ago, maybe I did.

It seems like a sense of entitlement has taken over most Giants fans. We won 3 in 5 so now it’s supposed to happen every year. And when it doesn’t, fans get PISSED. I don’t have it in me to get pissed at the Giants sucking. Three in five took all that out of me. Why am I not reacting like the masses who call up KNBR throwing bitch-fits at the team being so awful? I don’t know.

I get irritated with what I believe to be front office hubris that failed to address obvious holes on the team. But I’m not getting irate or throwing a tantrum. So does that make me a bad fan? Or just different?

1. gianthead said, on May 7, 2017 at 7:10 am

Or just indifferent as I am right now???

Missed the last two nights of humiliating pitching (Why did I start Blach in my fantasy team??). But saw very hip/Cool band The XX instead last night. Amphitheatre venue but thank God and all big shows should do this is sell General Admission tickets for the front of the stage. There is nothing more boring than people sitting in their seats for a concert..

2. djloo27 said, on May 7, 2017 at 7:22 am

I don’t think the crew here has a sense of entitlement but the mindset of the Giant fan couldn’t help but change since 2010. Probably very similar to Red Sox fans since they suddenly started winning titles…

3. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 7, 2017 at 8:33 am

It’s been a while since I was thinking about Giants draft picks in April/May.

4. Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 9:25 am

I think it’s bullshit that the mindset has changed. It’s like those fat, rich entitled fucking honkey kids from Willy Wonka who wanted their fucking chocolate. You don’t get chocolate every day, assholes.

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2017 at 9:45 am

“Three in five took all that out of me.”

That’s not a change of mindset, or am I just not getting what you mean?

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2017 at 9:56 am

BTW, I never saw Willy Wonka and I’m allergic to chocolate…

• gianthead said, on May 7, 2017 at 11:12 am

Draculoo…even though it is set in England..not seeing the original Willy Wonka is un-American!!!

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 11:26 am

you probably needed to see the movie to get the comment. I found it to be hilarious myself.

5. alleykat69 said, on May 7, 2017 at 9:26 am

Can’t take another round of humiliation from the Giants. It’s a Beautiful Day(not the band) to take my dog(Meister 🐶 down to the farmers market and roam the streets.He scores more then the Giants the damm dog is a “Chic Magnet”but that’s fine with me..

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 9:28 am

better than being a skink magnet, right? I imagine there were more than a few lovelies that got pulled outta the old Carlos Club by ‘Kat that looked a little less lovely the next morning, eh? lqtm

6. Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 9:26 am

I’d love to know what team rule Harvey violated. I’ve said this for years, the guy always looks completely hungover when he pitches. Kinda like Jonathan Sanchez did, actually.

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2017 at 9:47 am

It hasn’t come out yet, but I’m sure it will soon enough.

Any idea why the late start time today?

• Macdog said, on May 7, 2017 at 10:12 am

Tweets I’ve seen from Mets beat guys say this is not an isolated incident.

7. zumiee said, on May 7, 2017 at 9:48 am

I’ve had the experience of lamenting the state of this year’s Giants to a non-Giants fan, and their response was basically to chuckle and say “Cry me a river, dude; you guys won 3 championships!”
    I guess that’s part of the thing; it’s hard to fully appreciate multiple championships the closer you are to them.
    The championships shouldn’t be taken for granted.
    But, on the other hand, I don’t want the Giants ownership taking the fans for granted either. We fans fund the whole operation with our money and the TV and radio ratings we generate. We fans do feel our voices should be heard.
    I can see both sides of things on that.

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 9:55 am

and that’s why I said I was going to stop giving them money. The 3 in the bank are great. I’m not pissed that our team truly sucks today. But I’m not going to give them a dime going forward till they fix this shit. (no $$$ for tickets, gear, food, beers etc….). The fans stuck with the season tickets? Their problem.
      I’ll still go to a game or two but I’ll buy tickets off secondary market if they are priced correctly. Eat on the train on the way up. Boom. No $$$ for the team.

• sandog said, on May 7, 2017 at 10:18 am

Not true. You’re going to buy at least one Cha Cha Bowl at ATT on one of your next visits to ATT!

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2017 at 10:43 am

I once saw some lunatic eating a sandwich while he was taking a leak in a Shea Stadium bathroom. He placed it (unprotected) on top of the filthy urinal while he did his business. Then picked it back up, took a nice big bite and headed out. Typical Met fan…

• gianthead said, on May 7, 2017 at 11:16 am

That is the real NY!!! But somehow you gotta love it…

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 11:28 am

hmmmm. this is true. What are your thoughts on me preparing my own version of cha cha bowl at my house, carrying it with me on the train and you eating it outside the ballpark? Not the same, I know.

• sandog said, on May 7, 2017 at 12:34 pm

You KNOW that’s not gonna fly.
        C’mon, you’re a Giant fan. They’ve given you 3 rings. I know you’re joking about the CC Bowl, but go to some games and spend some cash at ATT. If you do a Flapalooza in August, do it at ATT, not some minor league park. Watch the whole game today—even if it is another ass-kicking. As Willie reminds us often the great 2nd baseman/wordsmith Jeff Kent once said: “Enjoy The Game.”

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 1:20 pm

I’ll buy you as many CC bowls as you can eat in one sitting, Diggity.

8. snarkk said, on May 7, 2017 at 12:07 pm

Like everybody here, I appreciate the 3 in 5, big time. After 40+ years of phttttt as a fan, it was a magical run. And, no you can’t expect a playoff appearance every year. But, you can be a big time fan, and still demand that the front office of this Giants money machine do what is necessary to field a major league outfield of at least average quality. They didn’t do that, and aren’t doing that. The pitching is down for sure. But, if I’m a pitcher, it’s not easy going out figuring that I need to throw a 2 run or less game while I’m in, else we lose. That’s just bullshit when you no longer have a lock-down Pen, which was also obvious over the off season. This is a bad penny year. So, so go with it. Re-tool with a couple of trades of Cueto and others for outfield prospects and Pen, and bring guys up even from AA if necessary, to see what they can do. Screw the PR and let’s get real to improve the situation. So, Baer needs to cut the bull about consecutive sellouts…

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 1:22 pm

yeah, the thing they BETTER be getting is that they are going to have to do some actual WORK now. No more of this “sign a closer and sit on their asses” bullshit. They need to move some trade pieces for something good (I have no faith that they can do this successfully or that they will even try to do it) and they need to let their younger players play and find out if they are the next Adam Duvall or just AAA filler bullshit.
      DO WORK. That’s the only thing that’s gonna fix this within 2 years.

9. Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 12:12 pm

By the way Loo, late start is due to a marathon in town this morning

10. snarkk said, on May 7, 2017 at 12:16 pm

I’ll give Flannery a partial skate on that ridiculous rant last night — only since he was likely full of wine or whatever. But, if he spews this crap again, he can shove it — I’ve been a Giants fan 5X longer than his Boch-protecting, Padre ass was a Giant, so I don’t need him telling me how to think as a Giants fan…

11. Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 1:10 pm

I wonder how many bases Billy Ham steals today? Guys that don’t like him because of his low BA or low OBP don’t get it. He’s not a very good hitter, I never said he was. But when he gets on base, even if it’s less often than other leadoff hitters, he does so much more than anyone else on the basepaths, he literally changes the game. Same thing in CF, he catches balls no one else gets to. Changes the game. We have no one who changes the game.
    If you watched the first 2 games of this series and still don’t understand his value I give up and will stop talking about him. Ask the Giants pitchers if they fear Billy Ham. They most definitely do and wish he was on their team instead of terrorizing them on the basepaths.

• Lurker John said, on May 7, 2017 at 1:32 pm

He’s sure as fuck schooling the Giants this weekend..

12. Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 1:15 pm

gofundme page for Craw’s SIL is no longer active and topped out at 46.7K. I guess Craw will make up the rest.

13. Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 1:26 pm

Billy Ham has now scored at least 1 run in 8 straight games. Do we have anyone who has even scored a run in consecutive games? Serious question. I’m assuming we do but I bet not in 3 games in a row….

14. Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 1:28 pm

The other thing I’m tired of is hearing about park differences. Ok, so the Giants play in a pitchers park. I agree with that, that’s fucking obvious. But when they go to a hitters park shouldn’t they score runs there? The Reds have been fucking embarrassing them and I don’t want to hear any more about stupid ass park difference factors. We SUCK at hitting. We are slow and we are weak. FACTS.

• Lurker John said, on May 7, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Other teams seem to have no trouble scoring at AT&T.

15. Lurker John said, on May 7, 2017 at 1:29 pm

Loo, that’s hardcore, the sandwich guy. That or copious amounts of beer. Or both.

16. Lurker John said, on May 7, 2017 at 1:38 pm

I don’t know who the pending free agent outfielders are this year, but it’d be nice to see the Giants really pursue a good one. The team badly needs pop and an RBI man. That may seem obvious but it’s time for management to make it happen. The dearth of ML OF prospects makes it necessary.

17. Lurker John said, on May 7, 2017 at 1:41 pm

Affeldt is talking out of his ass again. Hustling on a DP ball isn’t some magical characteristic, it’s fundamental. He’d better run it out or he’ll be a River Cat again before he knows it.

18. Lurker John said, on May 7, 2017 at 1:42 pm

Shades of Sal “The Barber” Maglie.

19. William Moore (@ThrillMoore) said, on May 7, 2017 at 1:52 pm

It still stuns me that this team is worse than the 1985 Giants. 1985 Game 31: Pit 1, at SF 3, in 1:55(!) before 4,484(!) at the ‘Stick.

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 1:55 pm

It would be interesting to know where the ’85 team ranked in payroll compared to the rest of the league. I bet it was lower half of mlb. That makes this season even worse.

• William Moore (@ThrillMoore) said, on May 7, 2017 at 2:05 pm

23 San Francisco Giants $320,370 avg $7,777,945 total
        out of 26 teams

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 2:28 pm

wow. Well, to me, a top 5 payroll with this crap record is worse than what ’85 did.

20. willedav said, on May 7, 2017 at 2:07 pm

FA market had some guys in it this year. Brisbee pointed out Giants could have gone after Trumbo Desmond Encarnacion Bautista Fowler Turner (plus Jansen) but weren’t in on it. All would have cost draft pick, and weirdly enough all except Turner have sucked so far. Time he wrote it Trumbo had 2 HRs and was barely over Mendoza line. Encarnacion would have to play somewhere every day like Trumbo, Desmond got hurt and Fowler has yet to do much.

OK last anti-Ham rant—he’s spent 3 yrs being a less than .250 hitter and 28 games at .214 before Friday. 2 good games doesn’t turn him into Lou Brock nor change my opinion of who he is as a player. If he stays at .280 all year fine but if he regresses back to career numbers he spends most of his time walking back to dugout. He had an entire season where he was .600 something OPS guy, worse hitter than Span.

Whether he is better than Drew Stubbs parmesano or Gorkys is completely irrelevant—so are 90% of ml players and probably a lot of minor ones. What’s more important is acquiring an every day player you want to give 500 ABs too. Giants need better hitters period and those vets that are here obviously need to pick it up.

• Lurker John said, on May 7, 2017 at 2:14 pm

Buster Posey, one week into May and 5 RBI’s. That’s hard to believe.

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 2:32 pm

look at it this way: Brandon Belt, who most Flappers jack hard to, has an OBP of .371. Billy Ham is .304. So he gets on base roughly 7% more often. But who would you rather have on the bases, Belt or B-Ham? I get that Belt gets on more. Ham does more when he’s on. And for a 7% difference I’ll take Ham all day long over a higher OBP guy….

21. willedav said, on May 7, 2017 at 2:09 pm

Cutch is hitting .218 after another 0 fer yesterday. Can Giants really acquire good hitting OFs via FA or would it have to be in a trade? CF market does not look good.

22. Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 2:51 pm

Buster weakly grounding out to 3rd when we need a big hit. Typical.

• sandog said, on May 7, 2017 at 3:02 pm

When is the Cueto ripping going to start? He makes even more than Buster, but seems to get a pass around here for some reason. Is he earning his 24 mil?

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 3:08 pm

We can *cut our losses* so to speak with Cueto so I’m looking at him differently than Buster who we are stuck with. I want the Giants to trade Cueto for a decent OF prospect at the break.

23. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 7, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Last season’s bullpen grumblings have turned into team wide ass dragging. I’ll still ride out my season tickets, grub some cha-cha bowls and power down $14 beers. There’s probably something wrong with me. I’m a Giants fan.

24. Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 2:54 pm

John Shea‏Verified account @JohnSheaHey 18m18 minutes ago
    When Billy Hamilton was on 1B, I heard Pete Rose say on Reds TV broadcast, “You want to bet he’s going to steal this base?” True story.

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2017 at 3:19 pm

He absolutely said it. Watching the game on DVR.
      I was hoping someone else heard it…

25. willedav said, on May 7, 2017 at 2:58 pm

according to Heyman, Harvey played golf in the morning, got a headache and called Mets saying he wasn’t coming to the yard. He claims miscommunication and apparently he and Boras will file a grievance since the suspension costs him some salary.
    Marlins lit up the replacement guy today, 3 run no doubt Stanton bomb in first inning.

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 3:12 pm

gotta think there’s at least a chance he got suspended because he had something to do with that giant black dildo in the back up catcher’s locker. I loved typing that, by the way…..

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 3:14 pm

• sandog said, on May 7, 2017 at 3:19 pm

I’m not sure which story I’m rooting for more to be the reason for his suspension—the strategic placement of the dildo or playing golf the morning of his start!

• sandog said, on May 7, 2017 at 3:25 pm

…I guess the suspected golf outing was yesterday—the day before he was to start.

26. Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 3:23 pm

Scott Feldman is a 12 year lifer journeyman who is shutting us down today, btw.

27. djloo27 said, on May 7, 2017 at 3:38 pm

Cueto does not have a no-trade clause but anybody who takes him has to assume that they’re on the hook for almost $100 million unless he opts out. No one would take that chance. He’s here for the duration…

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 3:43 pm

well if he was pitching well one of two things would happen: the receiving team might want to keep him and 2) Cueto very well might opt out. I think he’s tradeable unless he tanks or that blister gets worse. We’ll see.

28. Macdog said, on May 7, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Devoid of life.

29. Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 3:56 pm

for everyone who thinks our underwhelming offense is largely driven by park factors:
    Bay Area Sports Guy‏ @BASportsGuy 1m1 minute ago

Giant outscored 31-5, out-hit 41-16, 3-for-22 with RISP, Nos. 1-3 hitters go 2-for-33, starters ERA of 12.83

30. Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 4:03 pm

marty lurie‏
    @baseballmarty
    Cueto gives SF a quality start…vet guys doing absolutely nothing at the top of the order…Hamilton shows what a lead off hitter can do…

31. snarkk said, on May 7, 2017 at 4:07 pm

This Cincy series has to be one of the most embarrassing ass-kickings in the history of the SF Giants. They are in one of the most hitter friendly parks in MLB, and get hammered 31-5 over 3 games. Shutout by a dude who basically gets shelled by everybody else? This team needs a high colonic…

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 4:11 pm

we are slow and we are weak. This series should confirm that for all but the most biased of fans.

32. snarkk said, on May 7, 2017 at 4:10 pm

To get to 90 Ws, they’ll have to go: 79-51 rest of way = .610. No freaking chance of that.
    To get to 85 Ws, they’ll have to go: 74-56 rest of way = .570 Snowball’s chance of that.

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2017 at 4:28 pm

41-63 (.394) since the 2016 All-Star break…

33. theroooster said, on May 7, 2017 at 4:15 pm

Feldman, 34, with 190 MLB starts now. He’s had 2 other shutouts besides today’s – one in 2013, one in 2014. Been in the majors since 2005 – 73 W, 80 L – that’s some staying power considering his 4.40 career ERA.
    Then again, guess that’s kinda middle of the road.

34. snarkk said, on May 7, 2017 at 4:21 pm

This team isn’t hitting, barely pitching.
    It’s not ALL on the players, though. Bochy and staff — they need to do something to wake up the walking dead. This outfit has basically been crap since last year’s AS break, with exception of the last 10 days or so of the season and the Cubs series before the debacle game. Bochy et. al. can’t get kudos for winning, then teflon treatment when the team is an embarrassment.
    Not sure after a decade that they are up to the task…

35. Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 4:56 pm

LOLKNBR 📎‏ @LOLKNBR 51s52 seconds ago

In case you were wondering, KNBR callers are taking this very well and have some great ideas on how to fix it.

• sandog said, on May 7, 2017 at 5:06 pm

Is anybody tipping their cap to Scott Feldman? (LOL)
      I’m drinking Rolling Rocks and listening to Ice T take over the airwaves on Liquid Metal on SiriusXM. I love Ice T.

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 5:10 pm

Where’s Harvey? News has been all too quiet on that front.

• sandog said, on May 7, 2017 at 5:14 pm

Just texted you a pic that kind of sums up the state of Harvey these days.

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2017 at 5:18 pm

They all drank Rolling Rock in The Deer Hunter…

• sandog said, on May 7, 2017 at 5:27 pm

I’m becoming a big fan. A guy I work with brought over a 12 pack of longnecks a few days ago. Said he paid $10 for 2 12 packs. I didn’t think he was lying, but I thought he was confused. I know its cheap beer, but that price sounded ridiculous. I went to the same store yesterday and he was right. Bottles or cans. Mix n match Busch, Nattie LIght, Nattie Ice, or Rolling Rock. (RR now owned by Anheuser) Must buy two to get the $5 price. (Otherwise a whopping $5.99 for a 12 pack) I bought a 12 of RR and a 12 of Busch. I like my mass produced American beer in a can.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 7, 2017 at 5:45 pm

I’m a long time Rolling Rock fan, sandog. Basically got through my early drinking days on nothing but good old 33. There are 2 bars in Santa Cruz where you can get them for $2 a can if you know the deal. $1 at happy hour (mostly due to the massive consumption habits of my brother and I).

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2017 at 5:47 pm

Me too, SD. I’m partial to the pint cans that Bud Light and Miller Lite make with the screw on caps. They travel well in your pocket or waistband…

• sandog said, on May 7, 2017 at 5:50 pm

Dirt! You’re 2:53 was already a 3 run shot into the upper deck in my book—-and now you can come back with this gold?
        Now I’m really pissed my daughter didn’t get accepted into UCSC.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 7, 2017 at 5:57 pm

Ba-Ha! You’re better off that she didn’t get accepted. For all of the beach town vibe, Santa Cruz is really a seedy town.

36. Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 6:05 pm

Giants bus broke down on the way to the airport.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 7, 2017 at 6:10 pm

Of course it did.

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 6:25 pm

not sure I’d feel too confident about taking that plane to NYC if I was an SF Giant.

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2017 at 7:01 pm

My guess is the wheels came off…

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2017 at 7:08 pm

In August 2003, I was on my way to see the Giants at Shea when the city was hit with a massive blackout.
        It was early evening and still light out. Took a while to figure out why the approaching subway train wasn’t getting any closer…

• Macdog said, on May 7, 2017 at 7:15 pm

Didn’t that game get canceled? If I remember, it was the last game of the series (I think Mets were going for a sweep) and the game was never rescheduled, thus the Giants’ 100-61 record

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2017 at 7:26 pm

It was absolutely canceled, Mac and there was talk of the Giants possibly having to come back to Shea at the end of the season if the missing game had playoff implications…

37. willedav said, on May 7, 2017 at 6:26 pm

buddy of mine who runs store in Capitola calls Santa Cruz “people’s republic.”
    Seen bumper stickers and tees with logo “Keep Santa Cruz Weird”. Once asked a gal, “Is that a problem?”

38. Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 6:35 pm

If fuckinf Feldhouse or whatever his name was shut us down what is deGrom gonna do this this weary, broken down bussed team?

39. sandog said, on May 7, 2017 at 6:38 pm

Anybody hear Flem’s pre-game interview with Bochy where he asked him about Arroyo? I’ve never heard Boch gush over a rookie to much. He especially praised his mental toughness and competitiveness and said some of the other guys could learn from that. That was a pretty interesting comment.

• zumiee said, on May 7, 2017 at 7:04 pm

Yeah, not a typical Bochy type of statement.

40. zumiee said, on May 7, 2017 at 7:01 pm

Downtown Santa Cruz has a couple of awesome independent bookstores. Long may they thrive.

41. zumiee said, on May 7, 2017 at 7:14 pm

Posey’s power is MIA, but he’s getting on base. A SABR-conscious manager would adjust the batting order accordingly. Get outside the box.
    Belt
    Arroyo
    Posey
    should be the top of the batting order.
    I bet we would get someone on base more often in the first inning.

• sandog said, on May 7, 2017 at 7:23 pm

I’m not a big batting order guy, but we gotta try something. I’d be fine with giving that a shot.

42. zumiee said, on May 7, 2017 at 7:24 pm

There’s going to a be a bunch of people walking around NY wearing #99 jerseys. All rise for the Judge!

43. djloo27 said, on May 7, 2017 at 7:30 pm

The only #99 I ever really cared about was Ernie “The Big Cat” Ladd…

44. Flavor said, on May 7, 2017 at 7:35 pm

I can see why. Quite the showman.

• willedav said, on May 7, 2017 at 8:22 pm

according to wiki he once managed the Wild Samoans, pretty funny act who used to head butt each other.

45. sandog said, on May 7, 2017 at 7:55 pm

Please tell me that’s not The Great Mephisto on the receiving end of that!

46. alleykat69 said, on May 7, 2017 at 8:00 pm

Loo,sure you know this oh wise one that you are..
    Ernie “Big Cat Ladd” wrestled in the Bay Area after his football 🏈 career with the Chiefs. Man Darryl “The Mad Bomber looks like a midget next to Ladd!!
    Also Ernie use to be in front of the goal post to try and jump up and knock a potential GW away, never successful though as Raider George I’m 80 years old Blanda just had enough juice in his leg to make a 50 yarder to win it…

47. zumiee said, on May 7, 2017 at 8:08 pm

Chapman is blowing the save.

48. willedav said, on May 7, 2017 at 8:25 pm

Painful rbi for Rizz who btw struck out in 8th on high fastball from Betances. Numbers posted said he is 2 for last 34, currently batting .220 with 3 bombs…those are worse than Belt who isn’t exactly only LH to have trouble with high hard one.

49. snarkk said, on May 7, 2017 at 8:26 pm

Btw, how did Sabes and Evans miss on Duvall? They has no place to put him? Uh, as if the minors were full of can’t miss power hitting OFers?…

• zumiee said, on May 7, 2017 at 8:42 pm

He was a 1b/3b in the Giants minors. I don’t think they tried him in the outfield, for some reason.

• zumiee said, on May 7, 2017 at 8:45 pm

I won’t second guess the trade. The Giants hoped Leake would help them get to the playoffs that year. It didn’t work, but it was worth the try, IMO.

• zumiee said, on May 7, 2017 at 8:46 pm

2015 season.

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2017 at 8:43 pm

Guess he didn’t impress in his 73 AB with SF in 2014:
      3 HR – 5 RBI – .192
      I bet they gave him a ring.
      They gave Parker one and he was on the roster for one day and didn’t even play!

• zumiee said, on May 7, 2017 at 8:48 pm

Uggla got a ring, too, which is hilarious.

• zumiee said, on May 7, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Ty Cobb, Ted Williams, and Ernie Banks never got rings.

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Yeah, never played OF for the Giants…

50. djloo27 said, on May 7, 2017 at 9:00 pm

I wonder if the Mets would shop Harvey who clearly needs to go…

51. zumiee said, on May 7, 2017 at 9:00 pm

The Cubs are using up their bullpen before heading to Colorado.

52. zumiee said, on May 7, 2017 at 9:34 pm

Chris Carter looks DFA terrible.

53. zumiee said, on May 7, 2017 at 10:54 pm

18th inning. Some will use this as an excuse to push for changes in the extra inning rules, because it’s the Yankees and Cubs involved.

54. zumiee said, on May 7, 2017 at 11:03 pm

Girardi, clueless AL manager, double-switched Judge out about two hours ago.

• Macdog said, on May 7, 2017 at 11:20 pm

And genius Maddon with the pitcher’s spot battling behind Rizzo all throughout extra innings.

• zumiee said, on May 7, 2017 at 11:26 pm

In the 18th, Bryant took a close pitch for ball 4, not seeming to understand that Rizzo would be intentionally walked to get to that pitcher’s spot.