Not Enough

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 12, 2017

Spam had a good game and Belt hit a rare bomb and yet we still lost. The Giants problem, I should say one of their problems, is that they don’t have enough guys who actual produce anything on a game to game basis. That sounds obvious as well as hard to measure. But tell me I’m wrong. Every single game the box score is filled with a bunch of zeros and ones across all categories.

Take a look at this:

Screenshot 2017-05-12 at 5.44.22 AM

That’s Billy Ham’s last 11 games. He’s scored at least one run in 11 games in a row. That is called producing. I know this is a hard concept to process for a Giants fan since we don’t have anyone who does this. Do we have a guy on our team who has scored a run in even 3 games in a row? Maybe Posey when he hit 3 bombs in a row in NY? That has to be the only one. Ham has scored in ELEVEN straight. You can’t win games if you don’t score runs. That is fact.

So blame last night on Strickland or whoever. The easiest thing in the world to do is find a player on this team to dislike. They are literally everywhere. We are going to keep having maddening games like last night, where one or 2 guys do ok, the rest stink and we finally lose because of two simple words:

We Suck.

1. wilcojoe said, on May 12, 2017 at 7:32 am

Damn Flav,, the superfecta at the Derby paid nearly $76k on a $1 bet? That’s with the favorite winning and on a wet track, where you KNOW long shots will run well. I really have to start playing the ponies more.

2. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2017 at 7:37 am

Well, after reading SanDiggity’s post yesterday (about slumps, shitty teams, and being a fan), I thought what the hell, I will give the game a watch. I did watch a bit early-on, and then bailed and went to bed (4:30 in the morning rolls around quickly).

Gail left the game on after I went to bed, and I heard Kuiper’s “he hits it high, he hits it deep…” call of Span’s bomb, and got my ass outta bed. I watched the remainder of that inning and top half of the next, and then took my ass back to bed. One last sneak at the score before snoozing showed the score knotted at 2.

Look at the phone this morning to check the score. FUCK…more of the same ol’ shit. Sigh…

It is TOUGH AS HELL being a Giant fan right now!

I am competing with my dog this weekend so will miss most of those games (may be a blessing).

3. willedav said, on May 12, 2017 at 7:47 am

Paul had good post last night, about Panik being only guy in LU (without Posey) hitting over .255.
    That’s why Giants aren’t scoring runs imo–not enough guys hitting.

Adding in Hamilton, who even with his hot streak is at .259, ain’t gonna change that. You cannot ignore the fact that he is a career .250 hitter and a .700 OPS guy, over 3 plus years and 1500 ABs. If he could hit .280+ and get on base more it would be different. He obviously doesn’t play this well vs. every other team or the numbers would be substantially different than they are.
    But with 3 more games against them I’m buying back into saran wrap futures.

4. pawliekokonuts said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:04 am

Whothefuck is Billy Ham, and is he kosher?

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:23 am

LMAO…Inquiring minds must know (and mine is one of them!)…

So I googled him. CF for Reds.

5 years, 1544 AB, .249, .299, .336, .671

5. willedav said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:08 am

Found the stat in game report in Chron that tells me ALL I ever need to know about Hamilton:
    ” (Blach)…held them to 5 hits in 7 innings.
    Two were singles by Billy Hamilton, who is hitting .529 in 15 ABs against the Giants and .221 against everyone else.”
    .221??? Case closed.

• Flavor said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:54 am

you must be averse to runs being scored for your team.

6. Dennis Zucchino said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:36 am

Saw the game, hated the loss; but saw hopeful sparks with Span’s hitting and Craw’s confidence building in the defense. Now the rest have to build on it. With those holes in the dike maybe patched, I (we) might see the chemistry resurface…. Hell, I would shy on talking like this if 3 in 5 was not in my head while the MLB world scratched their heads asking themselves ‘how the fuck’… To me this is just the Giants way of doing it… When I attended the 2nd Giants/Mets 6-1 loss, I was close enough (11 rows behind their dugout), I saw the frustration and pain in their faces. That doesn’t win games, but I’ll play the out in left field thoughts till I feel the chemistry is all out of the bottle…… to me, now, it is just Torture/Giants.

7. snarkk said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:13 am

When Span goes 4-4 with a dinger and they still only score 2, you know this season is not ending well…

8. zumiee said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:53 am

We’re now 8 games out of the Wild Card, a game and a half behind the Braves, who are in the middle of a total rebuild.

9. Bozo said, on May 12, 2017 at 10:36 am

A quick check says Pence has scored in three games in a row (we went 2-1), Belt has done it once (we lost all 3 games), Nunez and Crawford both did it in the first three games in AZ (we still only won 1 game). But I get your point, Flav. we were 0-6 with RISP last night, being able to drive in two of those would have won the game, three and they would have made me look like a genius with my prediction.
    Still, it was good to see Blach rebound after getting shelled in Cinci, Span with 4 hits and a bomb coming off the DL was also good to see.
    I’m going to keep watching because I still think this team will start to gel…

• Bozo said, on May 12, 2017 at 10:51 am

I know trying to stay positive makes me a goober and yes, I do know the Reds have 10 guys in double digit RBIs but we only have two. And yeah, Votto alone has more than our two double digit guys combined but still, I’ve gotta root for the laundry.

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:30 am

I am with ya, Clown! I am still a Pollyanna at heart…although a bit of doom and gloom has crept in on me…

Trying to stay positive, and I still think this team is quite a bit better than what is currently reflected.

10. snarkk said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:31 am

The hitting and scoring is bad for this team. But, for the champ years, remember the “we score, we win” mantra? The offense was never that great. The starters and the Pen were the strength of the team, supported by Very good D. When the Pen is fair at best, and inconsistent as it has been since mid-last season, the lack of scoring is totally exposed…

11. Lurker John said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:38 am

Regardless of the way Hamilton has cut this team to ribbons the past 4 games he’s played against them, I guarantee he wouldn’t produce anywhere near the level of numbers you listed if he were to come to AT&T. He be sucked into the same black hole the rest of these bozos reside in.

Even if he were to get on base like he has against the Giants, it’d still be up to the rest of the lineup to drive him in. The Giants had several chances to pad their leads last night and simply didn’t come through. Blach pitched well enough to win. Same old story.

Just my opinion.

12. djloo27 said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:41 am

The season ended on a dirt bike in Colorado.
    Everything else is just talk…

• Flavor said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:48 am

Melancon going down would also be a major problem. Can you recall an injury like this to someone so important on the team and it getting almost no coverage at all? Not that they’re hiding anything (although I bet we hear *TJ* soon about this guy). It’s just not a real consequence because the team is so bad everywhere else. You really don’t need a closer when you’re this bad.

• alleykat69 said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:54 am

How the fuck does Melancon even get hurt when they never have the lead to bring him in anyways???

• djloo27 said, on May 12, 2017 at 12:11 pm

It’s amazing in this era that neither Tim, Cain, or Bum never needed TJ surgery.
        Especially Timmy…

• alleykat69 said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:52 am

Yeah why didn’t Bum’s rental Bultaco have no gas ⛽️?

• Lurker John said, on May 12, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Lol. Bultaco, there’s a blast from the past.

13. zumiee said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:55 am

The Giants’ season in a nutshell.

14. zumiee said, on May 12, 2017 at 12:03 pm

Greinke almost no-hit the Pirates last night. That was a huge mistake by L.A. not re-signing him. And now Maeda went on the DL. They’ll still make the playoffs with all the power in their lineup, but they are still unsettled at starting pitcher. Wouldn’t be surprising to see them going after a big-name starter before the trade deadline. The Giants won’t deal Cueto to them, though, that’s for sure.

• djloo27 said, on May 12, 2017 at 12:06 pm

Why not? If they cared about the rivalry they would have gone after Jansen and/or Turner. Already handed ’em Romo for better or worse…

• Flavor said, on May 12, 2017 at 12:12 pm

I think going after a rental SP at the break makes a lot more sense than giving Grienke 200 million or whatever he got. Last night’s start aside, he hasn’t been pitching to that deal until very recently and this is Year 2. I am thrilled we didn’t sign Grienke. That would have just been another noose the brass would have complained about

15. zumiee said, on May 12, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Give it up for Daniel’s Cardinals. The relentless zombies are in first place in their division at the moment.

16. zumiee said, on May 12, 2017 at 3:54 pm

“Brockmire” has been renewed for a season 2.
    “In her review of the show for Variety, Sonia Saraiya wrote, “Despite the inherent tragedies of being a rust-belt minor-league alcoholic baseball announcer, ‘Brockmire’ is quite a lot of fun to watch.”

• Macdog said, on May 12, 2017 at 4:05 pm

My buddy at the Giants-Mets game said he watches that show and really likes it, but I hadn’t heard of it.

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2017 at 5:23 pm

It’s on the Independent Film Channel (IFC). Channel 333 on DirectTV. The only other thing I watch on that channel is “Portlandia.”
        The channel doesn’t really show independent movies anymore. It shows older Hollywood blockbuster releases like the Die Hard movies. I guess that’s better for ratings, still…..I hate to see networks lose their reason for existing in the first place. The History channel and the Discovery channel now show stupid “reality shows.” Those used to be good worthwhile networks.

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2017 at 7:18 pm

Dude. Where in the hell do you find the time to watch all this stuff? Is all you do is watch TV? No way in hell I have those kind of cycles for TV…

• wilcojoe said, on May 12, 2017 at 5:20 pm

Really enjoying it. The last two episodes were hilarious.

17. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 12, 2017 at 4:00 pm

I’d rather watch Kenny Powers. Just a personal preference.

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2017 at 5:16 pm

I don’t have HBO, and have never seen that show.
      That’s the thing. There are so many good shows out there, and a limited amount of time. I’m hearing about shows all the time that I know I’d be interested in, but it’s the thing of finding the time. I have the new episode of “Better Call Saul” from last Monday night on my DVR, but I haven’t watched it yet. Say what??!!

18. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 12, 2017 at 4:14 pm

Span CF
    Belt 1B
    Arroyo 3B
    Posey C
    Crawford SS
    Panik 2B
    Nuñez 3B
    Ruggiano RF
    Cueto P

If this club had a legit power hitting left fielder to push Posey to the 3 hole they might score some runs.

With it being Orange Friday and all, I represented with the black and orange at work today. Lots of people talking shit. Even so called “fans”.

• alleykat69 said, on May 12, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Two 3rd base men’s works for me Dirt!
      Nooner can’t play LF anyway!
      How about Morse in LF? Lol
      Rigatoni in RF? Sure why not.
      Morse LF Spam CF and Rigatoni sauce in RF

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 12, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Haha, yup

19. snarkk said, on May 12, 2017 at 5:05 pm

I won’t be surprised at all if Bum is out for the season. I saw one published mention somewhere of possible booze issue with the bike, but that’s gone nowhere. Not saying he was. But, if he was half or more soused when he fell off the bike, that would not be a good PR story. As it is, though the team still sucked when he was pitching, his being out is huge. It does give Blach though, his shot at getting a MLB career going…

• alleykat69 said, on May 12, 2017 at 5:22 pm

Snarkk..being the country hick Bum is,he could of converted regular gas into alcohol ethyl for the bike so they both could of been blasted on his ride…

20. wilcojoe said, on May 12, 2017 at 5:15 pm

Just talked to my dad. He did some masonry work on Ron Wotus’s house in Pleasant Hill today. Said he was real nice. Asked him about the tough last night and he said, ” yeah, we played just well enough to lose.” Asked him what time he typically he gets to the yard for a night game and he said”usually around 1:30 but will be there today at noon. We obviously have a lot to work on.”

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2017 at 5:19 pm

That’s the kind of thing that doomed Barry Bonds as a coach. There just wasn’t any way Barry was going to buy into that kind of coaching mentality. The long hours and the often thankless aspects of coaching.

• djloo27 said, on May 12, 2017 at 5:39 pm

So Wotus and staff get there 7 hours before game time and decide that putting Nunie in LF is a good idea?
      Bring up fuckin’ Mac already…

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Maybe Wotus should get there about 20 minutes before game time and try that…

21. unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2017 at 5:32 pm

Well, he did it as a player. Although they prolly arrive a little later.

22. xoot said, on May 12, 2017 at 6:00 pm

I’ve never seen it more windy during BP. That 18 dollar crab sandwich sure was expensive

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2017 at 7:22 pm

Bring us a W, Mike. No pressure, brother. 😉

23. Flavor said, on May 12, 2017 at 6:40 pm

I’m in Sactown all weekend for a volleyball tourney so the Flap will be updated but not sure if I get a thread up both days.

24. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2017 at 7:23 pm

Don’t get your Dauber Down. Go Giants.

25. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2017 at 7:24 pm

Is Melancon’s forearm issue the same that hounded Cain?

26. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2017 at 7:28 pm

Span the Man!

27. djloo27 said, on May 12, 2017 at 7:33 pm

Which way is that wind blowing?

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2017 at 7:38 pm

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind…

Not sure which way the wind is blowing, but I’m not abandoning ship, yet…

• djloo27 said, on May 12, 2017 at 7:43 pm

Well Chi, any way the wind blows doesn’t really matter to me…

• djloo27 said, on May 12, 2017 at 7:45 pm

I’ve completely wrote off this season. I think they come back from the St. Loo – Chi roadie at 15-34.
        Could you imagine?

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:39 pm

You are probably right, Loo, but I still could see where more guys than not hit for average, and the pitching comes around. But I’m close to tossing in the towel, too.

28. Flavor said, on May 12, 2017 at 7:44 pm

my favorite new thing is that each time Spam hits a bomb my text line gets blown up by DIggity. Love it.

29. Brian Jones said, on May 12, 2017 at 7:53 pm

30. Brian Jones said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:01 pm

31. Flavor said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:04 pm

Casilla blowing it in 9th in Texas

• Flavor said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:09 pm

wow that was pretty spectacular.

32. Flavor said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:18 pm

If Casilla did that in SF he’d be broken for 3 months.

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:21 pm

We saw it many a time last season.

• Flavor said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:29 pm

in Oakland he can do that shit and nobody really gives a shit. No pressure. Head case.

33. alleykat69 said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:24 pm

As usual I don’t agree with Krukow.As he says he’s usual bs, Cueto at
    60 pitches that’s where you want to be around after 4 innings.Maybe if we had a bullpen to finish things off but we don’t.
    120 pitches after 8 innings, not gonna happen.
    Any CG , (yeah I know it doesn’t happen anymore with so called specialists coming in which is a joke)starter should avg 11-12pitches an inning to total up 99 are 108 pitches and win your own goddam game…

34. alleykat69 said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:34 pm

Props to this umpire!
    He’s got a huge set of cojones to take a FB off his mask without Posey even touching it and staying in the game..

35. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Ground attack!

36. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:44 pm

WTF is Span doing?!?

37. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:45 pm

That was fucking a bone-head move by Spam.

38. Macdog said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:45 pm

Can Span get through one game without being a fucking idiot?

39. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:46 pm

Belt can’t get a break. Probably because he’s such a pussy.

40. snarkk said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:49 pm

I’m loving’ the two bunts in a row for hits, then a third bunt to put them both in scoring position. Saran wrap bunting. Even better when Span gets the clutch hit, offset by his idiocy on the bases to get himself out. And with that, the Giants exhibit their best in league at not being able to simply bring a runner home from 2nd on a single. Instead of the two bunt hits generating two runs to take the lead, they only score one. WTF? This team sucks even when they do stuff right…

41. snarkk said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:54 pm

Chi – Cain had an elbow full of sand that had to be cleaned out — which led to various arm issues. Giants knew when they gave him the big contract that he had Ocean Beach in his elbow — they had to figure he might have surgery at some point in the deal…

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:07 pm

Hmmm…I thought I remember a forearm strain at one point, too. Maybe not…

42. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 12, 2017 at 8:55 pm

Yeah, snarkk. Span killed that inning with that dumb ass try at 2nd.

• sandog said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:04 pm

……or was it Parmesano/Nevin’s fault for not trying to score????

43. sandog said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:06 pm

That Jack In The Box “Crave Van” is pretty fucken cool.

44. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:10 pm

Could be,dog. Nevin is pretty risk averse but trying to go for second was a bad play there. Enjoying some RRs tonight?

• sandog said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:15 pm

I like aggressive baserunning—even if goes a bit overboard.
      No RR”s tonight, but had a few yesterday and looking forward to making a grand entrance to a BBQ with a cold pack of cans tomorrow. Definitely going to be my beer for the Summer of 17.

45. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:14 pm

Cueto is just off pace for the 120 pitch CG. lulz.

46. sandog said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:20 pm

Votto bugs the hell out of me, but I love watching him play for some odd reason.

47. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:20 pm

Old Latrobe won’t let you down. I like Span well enough. More or less agree with your take on him. Looks like Strickland is warming up his hit me pitch in the pen.

48. sandog said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:21 pm

Good grief. Rough night behind the plate for this poor guy.

49. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Yeah that was rough. Nunez has that Dunston thing going on in the outfield but he made the play.

50. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Damned gutsy inning by Cueto.

51. snarkk said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:25 pm

Please no Strick…

52. snarkk said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Unbelievable. Giants killing themselves on the bases…

53. Macdog said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:30 pm

More idiocy on the bases.

54. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:30 pm

I knew Belt’s ass was hung-out to dry…SMH…

55. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Let’s end this fucking game right here…

56. alleykat69 said, on May 12, 2017 at 10:16 pm

Morse is just a novelty act taking up a roster spot. But wtf management won’t give another kid a shot, so he’s 1-10 with 7 K’s a possible bomb are double is all we got to live with..

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2017 at 10:38 pm

The operative word is possible…

57. Macdog said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:04 pm

As if this game isn’t tough enough to endure, now there’s an update on Aaron Hill by Amy G.

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:09 pm

Yeah, that kind of cracked me up. We were supposed to be excited about that news? There’s no place on the roster for him.

58. zumiee said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:14 pm

Let’s play 14….

59. zumiee said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:17 pm

There’s about 100 people left in the stands.

60. zumiee said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:24 pm

The seagulls are taking over!

61. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:40 pm

Man, these Reds and Giants players must really love playing baseball, no one wants this game to end!

62. zumiee said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:40 pm

Let’s play 15…..

63. Macdog said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:42 pm

So Wotus has been there since noon?

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:51 pm

He’s a beast.

64. djloo27 said, on May 12, 2017 at 11:54 pm

A long time ago the Reds had a terrible back-up catcher named Jim Coker who I believe was briefly a Giant as well. One year, I swear he was in every single pack of baseball cards I bought. I think I had 137 of him…

65. zumiee said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:00 am

Let’s play 16…..

• djloo27 said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:02 am

This was the one that haunts me to this day…

• zumiee said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:05 am

Yeah, he looks like a serial killer.

• djloo27 said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:09 am

I had a separate shoe box just for his cards…

66. xoot said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:04 am

It’s a very cold stick like night, too

67. sandog said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:05 am

I actually bought a pack of baseball cards today (the second pack I have bought this season) after work and I got Buster. Not some gimmicky all-star card or some bullshit like that, but his actual card. I also was tidying my son’s room over at his mom’s house and I found a live snake on the floor in his room. A little guy, but a snake nonetheless. I am not making this up.
    It was a pretty exciting afternoon.

• zumiee said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:09 am

Remember that Baldy guy? He talked about a problem with scorpions in his house. And then he stopped posting. That was kind of ominous.

• sandog said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:14 am

I do remember that. Yeah…he’s not around anymore. Hmmm.

• djloo27 said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:17 am

He was constantly bringing up Duvall. He pissed Flavor off about something, THEN disappeared,
        Double Hmmm…

68. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:06 am

It’s 2:00 on Saturday afternoon here in Saigon. Not sure what YOUR excuses are, still up and watching… 🙂

69. mrsprtdude said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:06 am

last reliever

70. djloo27 said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:08 am

Do the seagulls annoy the fans and shit on them – or is it only our team that does?

• sandog said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:09 am

Yes they do.

71. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:11 am

Guerrin. Sheesh….

72. sandog said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:11 am

How about a role call saying what city you are in?
    Paul’s in Saigon
    Loo’s in Brooklyn
    Mac is somewhere in Jersey
    Zum is in Modesto?? Madera? Riverbank?
    I’m in Pine Valley

• djloo27 said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:13 am

And the Giants are in a World of Shit…

• zumiee said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:13 am

Out in the country, between Modesto and Turlock.

• sandog said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:19 am

Very good. Tell Enoch Christofferson I said hello.

• zumiee said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:22 am

Ha! I had to google that. I had no idea.

73. zumiee said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:12 am

Gearrin doesn’t know where his pitches are going, ever.

74. djloo27 said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:14 am

Kuip clearly disappointed that Gearrin got out of it…

75. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:15 am

This game reminds me of that playoff game in Washington that went 18 innings (much more serious level of baseball, of course). Belt is coming up. Maybe he can put everyone out of their misery, I mean, maybe he can win the game again.

76. mrsprtdude said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:17 am

Mike mrsprtdude in huntington beach:)
    Hamilton has 13 rbi’s in addition to his runs. Posey had 8. hamilton would be most productive hitter on the Giants by a mile!

• sandog said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:24 am

HB. Just up the road, relatively speaking.

77. zumiee said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:19 am

Gorkys just needs to go away.

• sandog said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:21 am

I wonder if he is at a point where he actually dreads stepping into the batter’s box and wishes the Giants would DFA him and put him out of his misery. I’m serious.

• djloo27 said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:24 am

And what kind of name is Gorkys?
      Sounds like a Puerto Rican member of the Little Rascals…

78. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:20 am

Posey with only 8 ribbies? He’s hitting .352. Says something about a) the lack of hitting ahead of him, and/or b) the timeliness of his hits….

79. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:21 am

Ok, NOW Belt can send everyone home.

80. blade3colorado said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:26 am

Blade in Saigon. Ha.

• djloo27 said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:35 am

50 years ago every evening newscast started with the words “In Saigon”…

81. zumiee said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:26 am

Belt’s gotta be Belt.

• zumiee said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:28 am

He’s going to out-ump the replacement ump in the 16th inning.

82. djloo27 said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:31 am

Every 10 days or so Gearrin looks unhittable…

83. zumiee said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:33 am

Span the frying pan on defense.

84. djloo27 said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:33 am

Wouldn’t be surprised if Span was distracted by a seagull…

85. sandog said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:36 am

One pitch hit and hurt both the batter and the catcher. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.

86. Macdog said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:38 am

If I’m a Reds batter, I’d be scared shitless facing Gearrin.

• zumiee said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:39 am

He’s like me pitching a wiffleball.

• sandog said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:40 am

0-2 and he almost nailed that guy right in the shin with a fastball!

87. djloo27 said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:39 am

When did the expression “sleeping late” change over to “sleeping in”?
    It makes no sense.
    Shit like that drives me fuckin’ nuts…

88. zumiee said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:40 am

The appeal of Stephen A. Smith is lost on me.

• djloo27 said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:42 am

It’s probably mutual…

• zumiee said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:47 am

Sweet!

89. Macdog said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:43 am

BUSTER!!!!

90. djloo27 said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:44 am

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

91. xoot said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:44 am

Holey sheet buster!!

92. sandog said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:45 am

What a blast! G’night fellas!

• zumiee said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:46 am

93. pawliekokonuts said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:51 am

Buster tossing his helmet, raising both arms in jubilation — put it in the archives. Epic. And eerie. Never saw AT&T so empty. Like minor leagues, you hear everyone. That celebration at the plate was worth it all. G’night, girls.

94. pawliekokonuts said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:53 am

The Giants have still not won 2 in a row, if I’m not mistaken. I hope tomorrow’s the day. I mean today.

95. zumiee said, on May 13, 2017 at 12:57 am

That was a tape-measure shot. I wonder what the distance was.

96. eddacker said, on May 13, 2017 at 1:30 am

What a game, I am exhaust-edd. The team that scored big runage all over us last week has been held to a .215 era this week. Win the series tomorrow with moore – oh.