Playing A Real Team

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 29, 2017

It was fun to win a series but last time I checked there aren’t any 42 year old men playing for the Nats. This is going to be a much different test. We miss Stras but that really isn’t that big of a deal since pretty much anyone can shut down our offense. The task at hand will be to see if our pitchers can contain the best offense in either league. They did just have to fly all the way across the continent with no off day so maybe we catch them a little sluggish today. We’ll see.

1. zumiee said, on May 29, 2017 at 8:52 pm

Justin Turner weighs in:
    “”What was worse, Harper’s helmet throw or 50 Cents first pitch? Heads up in the # McCoveyCove ,” Turner tweeted shortly after the brawl between the Giants and Nationals.”

• zumiee said, on May 29, 2017 at 8:54 pm

50 Cent’s first pitch is on YouTube. It’s ridiculously bad.

2. pawliekokonuts said, on May 29, 2017 at 8:55 pm

Not to dissect this like the Zapruder film, but I think Harper was definitely trying to hit Strick with his helmet and missed. Would it hurt? Can’t helmets be swatted away?

3. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 29, 2017 at 9:26 pm

Game 2 of my season tickets today. The father in law showed up to drive and told me he couldn’t go because something he ate last night had given him the shits. An ominous sign, indeed. So Mrs Dirt and I dumped the kids and headed to the yard. I decided against the cha-cha bowl and went full kielbasa (no onions) and a Gordon Beirsch Pilsner. I know some flappers are big time hop heads but I’m done with beers that taste like you’re chewing on grass. Try GB’s Pilsner, it’s good.

There’s not much to say about most of the game. Belt is looking real confident at the plate. Moore was dealing. I’d take 7 innings with 2 ER anytime. Unfortunately for him scoring runs is like passing a watermelon for this sad sack of a line up. Bochy PH for my boy Williamson and Morse’s walk up music is You Can Call Me Al, which was pretty funny. My seats are behind home plate and I had a pretty good view of the whole Strickland/Harper scene. I was surprised to see Harper go out. Everyone seemed to be expecting him to head down the line and it all changed pretty quick. To be honest, I’m not a big fan of Strickland but at least the dude is showing some fire out there. Plus, I always like when guys go ballistic and just red line and can’t turn it off like that. When they were carrying him off the field it looked like he was injured more than anything. I noticed Posey hanging back too but whatever. He was probably making notes about everything Belt was doing wrong so he could yell at him later. Morse running in there like a big goof was something to see. Seems like that dude should’ve done more damage to the opposition.

Between Panik, Arroyo, Williamson and Parmesiano half of the LU is pretty much a guaranteed out. Then there’s Kontos letting the 3rd run score after the skirmish. I can’t remember if Gearrin got in there today but that dude bugs the shit out of me too. All in all the club performed to my low expectations going in.

4. Macdog said, on May 29, 2017 at 9:44 pm

Good thing this was a meaningless game in a lost season, otherwise Strickland would be an even bigger jerk for handing the Nats a 2-out baserunner that would eventually score and push their lead from 2-0 to 3-0.

5. snarkk said, on May 29, 2017 at 10:38 pm

Dudes, I heard all this Strick/Harper BS on the radio. First thing I thought after Miller explained it was WTF was Strick hitting this dude after 2 1/2 years and 2 ABs and 2 HRs? Why not just get the dude out instead of hitting his ass? Ridiculously selfish, especially when you are down by 2 runs. Strick proves again he is a friggin musclehead. This team is bordering on the ridiculous now…

6. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on May 29, 2017 at 10:48 pm

I think it was just immaturity on the part of 2 meatheads. Of course we know that maturity would make Strickland think, hell with this guy for those HRs, justice comes with getting the guy out, and make Harper think, hell with this guy for hitting me, justice will come next time I hit another HR. But no. One thing I’m betting: the players are or will be talking about this in the clubhouse….