Matt Moore’s Weird Obsession With a New Pitch

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 9, 2017

I’ll get right to the point: I am tired of Matt Moore’s nibbly bullshit. Challenge your opponents, man. I don’t know if this has anything to do with his weird, volatile year, but can someone explain to me why he keeps throwing so many cutters? It would seem to me that if you are looking for answers this could be a good place to start:

Screenshot 2017-06-09 at 5.48.49 AM

All of a sudden 25.5% of your pitchers are cutters? How’s that working for you? Maybe that’s not the pitch for you?

Minnesota is one of those crooked teams who look on paper like they stink but then you look at their record and they beat you and none of it adds up.

Nunie *Revenge Game* Day!

1. chipower9 said, on June 9, 2017 at 7:16 am

I am with you, Flav. I cannot understand the nibbling. Fucking get aggressive and go after hitters. While our D has not been as stellar as in some recent years, you still have a pretty solid D (especially IF) behind you, so giddy up and challenge some damned hitters.

I don’t even look at the junior circuit that much. When I saw Minnesota on the horizon a few days ago, I had to look at the standings to see where they were. I had no idea they were in first place.

Yesterday’s W wasn’t pretty, but the way this team has played, you take those damned wins ANY WAY you can get them.

2. willedav said, on June 9, 2017 at 7:16 am

Wasn’t great outing for Showcase Johnny 5 IP 6 hits 4 BBs epic bomb and 3 runs given up but with him it won’t matter at trade time.
    If Moore could put together a few good starts before break he could be worth something still.
    weird how different he and Cain are home/road splits. Should be Kruk’s kind of pitcher weather there tonite.

For Bochy yesterday Hill Specs Pence all came through off the bench, gotta feel good.

More Rickey being Rickey, pls.
    He and Marshawn Lynch adding to Oaktown legacy of unique individuals, lol.

3. Flavor said, on June 9, 2017 at 7:40 am

4. unca_chuck said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:07 am

I was never a huge horse racing fan but I remember that vividly.

5. willedav said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:23 am

Twins are dead last in AL for ERA/11th runs scored, top half for OB/OPS.
    Pythagoras for run differential says they should be 25-31 so they must be doing something right to have 4th best record in entire league so far.
    18-8 on the road. Giants under .500 at home and that’s gotta change.

Molitor Twins mgr. was just one of those pure line drive hitters. That MIL team led by ex Giant Harvey Kuenn was fun to watch with hitters up and down LU.

6. unca_chuck said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:40 am

Twins and the Brewcrew leading their divisions with ~.500 records. Be nice to win a series for a change.

Then there’s this . . .

Who was going to take the $$$? The team?

• unca_chuck said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:42 am

Proceeds would have gone to charity. . . Pretty chickenshit to stop this.

• Flavor said, on June 9, 2017 at 9:24 am

Strickland would have gotten half the proceeds. Thoughts?

7. unca_chuck said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:44 am

DJ, that’s an awesome POTD . . . Watch the movie Head sometime. Very weird . . .Jack Nicholson cowrote it.

• djloo27 said, on June 9, 2017 at 9:31 am

I did go through a brief Michael Nesmith wool cap and bangs phase in 1967…

8. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 9, 2017 at 9:16 am

I don’t know what to think of Moore. He’s clearly got dominant stuff but doesn’t seem to have confidence in it. What’s his girlfriend look like? Meanwhile, “Rays manager Kevin Cash said before Thursday’s game that there is no timetable for when Duffy will start another rehab assignment, adding that there is “definite concern” within the organization.” I’m honestly not trying to pile on Duffy, just making note.

• Flavor said, on June 9, 2017 at 9:26 am

I saw that today. Duffy basically shut down again; at least, no timetable to begin a rehab. Giants really dodged a bullet on that guy. Technically, Moore has already worked out because of the few great games he’s pitched and the fact that he’s pitching at all. Rays better hope Foxx turns out ok or that will go down as one shitty trade for them.

• chipower9 said, on June 9, 2017 at 10:44 am

“What’s is girlfriend look like?” LMAO…

• wilcojoe said, on June 9, 2017 at 11:57 am

Yeah that was pretty good. Maybe that’s the Giants problem. Too many unnatractive wives/girlfriends. Wasn’t there a former coach or scout who said never sign guys who have ugly wives as it’s a sign of a “lack of confidence.” Not naming any names, but I have seen a few of their wives and well, let’s just say they didn’t marry them for their looks.

9. unca_chuck said, on June 9, 2017 at 10:37 am

Maybe Moore lost his fastball velocity.

10. chipower9 said, on June 9, 2017 at 10:44 am

Maybe Moore lost his Mojo…we all saw what devastating effects that had on the International Man of Mystery…

11. alleykat69 said, on June 9, 2017 at 10:46 am

Well obviously Moore’s not “Cutting it” with his cutter fixation so bust the heater in and mix in a slop curve away..
    He sure stinks on the road compared to home, but I guess all are starters stink it up on the road as well.Never quite get that, mound differences,? Crowd effect telling you you stink every pitch?Bad beds with bad hookers too?

12. alleykat69 said, on June 9, 2017 at 2:30 pm

Adios Caxlite optioned to Mexico 🇲🇽 (well ok Sac)
    for the big move of activating Dyson from Terminator 2 fame..

• djloo27 said, on June 9, 2017 at 4:14 pm

Does Sacramento have the option of not taking him back?
      The guy should take up jai-alai…

13. zumiee said, on June 9, 2017 at 2:49 pm

We’re thinking of you, Pawlie. Hope your mom is feeling better.

14. zumiee said, on June 9, 2017 at 3:00 pm

Holland walks 3 guys in the 9th. Wow.

• zumiee said, on June 9, 2017 at 3:03 pm

Fortunately for the Rockies, Heyward sucks.

15. djloo27 said, on June 9, 2017 at 4:22 pm

Denard Span CF
    Eduardo Nunez 3B
    Brandon Belt 1B
    Buster Posey C
    Brandon Crawford SS
    Hunter Pence RF
    Aaron Hill 2B
    Austin Slater LF
    Matt Moore P

16. snarkk said, on June 9, 2017 at 6:57 pm

Dubs playing Cavs and refs ronight

• snarkk said, on June 9, 2017 at 7:02 pm

Obvious backcourt call against Cavs is not made. WTF is going on here?…

• Flavor said, on June 9, 2017 at 7:20 pm

Lotta money for the league and the network to leave on the table if Dubs sweep…

• snarkk said, on June 9, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Yep. Refs allowing the usual manhandling of Dubs. Breathe on LaBron = foul…

17. willedav said, on June 9, 2017 at 7:16 pm

Panik out, wondered about that yesterday. I left game for work right after he dove and landed on thumb and was messing with it in the field. Hill at 2b tonite.

18. Lurker John said, on June 9, 2017 at 7:27 pm

Warriors are embarrassing themselves tonight, wholly unprepared to play. But, hey, as long as they’re playing with joy, right Steve?

• snarkk said, on June 9, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Down by 18 at half, they’ve come back from that before. Cavs can’t shoot any better than first half…

19. willedav said, on June 9, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Santana looks really good Moore better be on it tonite. Both have benefit of wide zone.

20. willedav said, on June 9, 2017 at 7:56 pm

Flav’s boy Hill pays off again, all the way to 421 sign stand up triple.

21. pawliekokonuts said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:06 pm

Hey, Flappers. Thanks for the shoutouts. Mom is doing rather well, CONSIDERING. She fell Monday, AT A CASINO NO LESS. Cracked skull, some bleeding on her brain. But they discharged her to a rehab place. She’s confused but hanging in there, past the century mark.

I’m stressed and tired.

While eating at some joint tonight, I enjoyed watching NCAA track and field championship, men’s.

Like Loo’s 4:14. As a kid, used to like jai-alai on TV Saturday nights, if no boner for the Lennon sisters on Lawrence Welk.

22. pawliekokonuts said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:07 pm

I see my boy Gregor Blanco is leading off for AZ. Should’ve kept him.

• snarkk said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:26 pm

Phuck Blanco, he’d be riding a 4 for 40 streak for SF right now…

23. pawliekokonuts said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:11 pm

I just can’t recall, but if I already shared this review, ignore: http://bit.ly/2r362Vq

• wilcojoe said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:20 pm

What a great article. Love the ending. I had no idea about the cover….Glad to hear your mother is doing better.

• pawliekokonuts said, on June 10, 2017 at 8:09 am

thanks

24. pawliekokonuts said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:13 pm

Gawd. 4-0. I’m out. G’night, girls.

25. Lurker John said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:14 pm

Moore. 3-run double to the fucking pitcher? Deal this guy if you can.

• snarkk said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:36 pm

I’d like to know Guants stats if giving up OPS to oppo pitchers and how tha compares with league…

26. wilcojoe said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:23 pm

Two starts in an row Moore has cost me a nice payday. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, fuck you!

27. zumiee said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:23 pm

• willedav said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:30 pm

unknown comic from gong show lol. guy really wasn’t even funny. Standard opening line was, “My kind of audience–half bagged.”

• zumiee said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:59 pm

🙂

28. zumiee said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:35 pm

I’m recording the Warriors game; I’ll be curious to see how the Cavs scored 49 in the first quarter.

• snarkk said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:48 pm

They made a ton of shots…

• zumiee said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:59 pm

It figured it would happen in at least one game.

29. unca_chuck said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Jesus. The first couple games were called pretty well. This shit is ridiculous. The whining and preening by LeBron is fucking ludicrous.

Moore? Didn’t turn the game on till a few minutes ago. Bleeeeeh.

• snarkk said, on June 9, 2017 at 9:03 pm

Refs lost control of this game early. Thing was played like football. Hope the Dubs blitz ’em on Monday night…

30. unca_chuck said, on June 9, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Someone tell Mark Jackson that the Warriors play in Oakland.

31. zumiee said, on June 9, 2017 at 9:02 pm

Gearrin, Mr. Pace-of-game.

32. snarkk said, on June 9, 2017 at 9:05 pm

I’m not even paying one bit of attention to this Giants game tonight. They’re boring and pathetic. Blow this puppy up…

33. zumiee said, on June 9, 2017 at 9:15 pm

We’re a week into June, and the Giants will most likely be 15 games behind in the division after today.

34. unca_chuck said, on June 9, 2017 at 9:35 pm

Steph and Klay did little offensively tonight. And the refs slowed the game down to a crawl.

I tell ya one thing, Bron Bron is pretty much Blake Griffin in my book. A whining flopping piece of shit. A great player? Sure, but he is a fucking prima donna who should be better than acting like every foul called on him is a travesty and any contact to him is a flagrant. Any given free throw there’s LeBron and Irving pleading their case about the calls.

• snarkk said, on June 9, 2017 at 9:47 pm

I watched most of this game. Cavs will not shoot any better than this. And the whole game was like a scrum. Refs abdicated any control over it, really early. Dubs were consistently mugged, could not get any transition going. Things will be different Monday night. They did what was needed, taking 1 of the 2 in Cleveland. Cavs fans have seen the last game of their home season…

• Lurker John said, on June 9, 2017 at 10:04 pm

I hope so. Last year still hangs heavy in the air. The silver lining of tonight’s game is that the W’s will have the chance to win it in Oakland, which would be awesome.

35. Macdog said, on June 9, 2017 at 9:47 pm

Just another night at the Honky Chateau.

36. zumiee said, on June 9, 2017 at 9:50 pm

Stellar effort by the Giants.

37. unca_chuck said, on June 9, 2017 at 10:55 pm

Yeah, that’s the hope, Snarkk. Fucking Cleve had 22 free throws in the 1st quarter. The refs slowed the game to a crawl with the fouls and reviews. Who does that favor, I wonder? If I was playing or coaching in the NBA I’d get tossed every game half way thru the 2nd quarter. It is beyond ridiculous to watch what happens. Steph is grabbed and held on every in-bounds play. Igloudala was hugged on a drive and there’s no call. LeBron goes for an uncontested layup, and there’s a whistle.

38. Flavor said, on June 10, 2017 at 5:16 am

• djloo27 said, on June 10, 2017 at 7:01 am

More entertaining than a month of Giant games…

39. willedav said, on June 10, 2017 at 7:19 am

Santana who Angels lit up last time out, owned them last night. They swung at slider when it wasn’t a strike and took it when it was. Posey took 3 called strikes to end the game.
    Plus the guy burned them for a 3 run double btw Span and pence after Moore walked Castro in front of him to get to him.
    Only hard hit ball of the night, triple by Hill to lead off an inning, couldn’t score. yeow.

40. willedav said, on June 10, 2017 at 7:45 am

In Sac, game went 17 innings and Mac went 0-7 with 4 Ks. ouch.
    Double A Richmond has former Yanks prospect Slade Heathcott, who had 2 triples last night after a game where he hit 2 bombs earlier in week. Guy runs well and can play CF. Hmmnn.