Rally Tupperware?

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 22, 2017

Why not, couldn’t hurt. Here is San Diggity’s cake saver tupperware purchased by his mom circa 1975:

Screenshot 2017-06-22 at 5.28.37 AM

It has a majestic, almost regal look to it. To say they don’t make tupperware like this anymore would be a ghastly understatement.

As you can see, there is a Marichal card in the picture. This caused initial confusion and even a little bit of internal pandemonium as I didn’t understand the connection to the tupperware. Why was it there? How did it get there? What could it mean? I questioned him on the card’s inclusion, if it was affixed, etc… Here is a snippet of that exchange:

Screenshot 2017-06-22 at 5.41.11 AM

Screenshot 2017-06-22 at 5.35.43 AM

After he eased my concerns about the inclusion of the card I went back to admiring the tupperware as well as the card with the bad ass Candlestick Park chain link fence in the background.

And then Matt Kemp walked us off….

Please send all of your best tupperware pics to bigflavor77@gmail.com. It’s gonna be a “tupperware” kind of season…..

1. willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 6:58 am

wow got nothing. I bring lunch to work about 90% of the time but as I am looking at stuff in kitchen this AM, zero real Tupp. Ziploc and Glad stuff, probably when a friend of mine I am fortunate enough to be invited for Holidays sent leftovers home with me.

Is the new ATL yard going to be another Launching Pad? Miller and Flem seemed to think so.
    The play before the wild pitch, both were surprised Span on 3b didn’t take off on contact when Specs hit a roller to 3b with SF at that time down 3-1 in 8th with 1 out in attempt to get lead to only 1. Then of course the wild pitch where he scored anyway. He’s become awfully cautious baserunner and OF.

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:03 am

He’s a worse base runner than Belt…

2. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 7:00 am

Hwhither rhe Hwanger? Fucking Hill is a boil on the ass of this team, his meaningful hit a month ago notwithstanding. We aren’t blowing this up fast enough.

• chipower9 said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:09 am

OK. I was defending Hill just a couple of weeks ago, but am waving the white flag. Send Hill on his way and bring up the Donger! DONGER-DONGER-DONGER!

3. willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 7:28 am

Read this in Chron from Nunez, who apparently would rather stay wit new deal than leave:
    “I hope yes. I really like the team. I really like the group we have here. I really like how they treat me here.”
    And, “We know this is going to change. I prefer to stay here.” Hey he’s having fine season at .299 with 17 steals tho maybe fewer triples HRs than last year. He’s also hitting .407 with RISP, 3rd best in NL.

Loo posted yesterday potential LU for next year, which might not be far off. Assuming you keep core 4 IF together plus Posey at C, what do you do with Nunez and all the other guys who can play IF–Arroyo Gameface Specs plus Jones Hwang Shaw at Sac?

I think Loo is right Evans is convinced this is just brad penny year and with healthy Bum for next season Giants can rebound. I’d trade off someone with value myself to help OF and add pen depth but…

• blade3colorado said, on June 22, 2017 at 7:58 am

Dunno Willie about this team being competitive next season. Collectively, the roster is old. Pence is definitely finished in my opinion. Crawford will not rebound either and will continue to trend downward in fielding. We saw Belt’s best season in 2016. Posey’s outstanding season is being wasted this year. I doubt he can replicate it again next year. Panik is a nice little player, but nothing special. The aforementioned is the good news . . . Pitching will become worse. Bum has a lot of mileage on that arm. He’ll probably be all right next season, but I definitely won’t be surprised if he’s had his best years already. Cain has survived this season on guile and playing at home. Moore, Smarg, Blach and Cueto – all 4 plus ERAs playing at the greatest pitcher park ever created (sans Candlestick).

Nope, not buying it. Remember, this slide began last season, not this year. None of these guys have shown rebound yet. Wholesale changes are needed a la the Boston miracle I mentioned the other day or we remain in the wilderness for 2-3 years minimum.

• wilcojoe said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:07 am

Agree 100% with all of this. What else can be said?

• willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:17 am

agreed. this team, sans bum who has been adequately replaced for most part by Blach, is in last place and light years behind LA. OF D is terrible and so are young pen guys. Not an easy fix, and keeping everyone of position players and hoping for best, I don’t get.

• chipower9 said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:15 am

Hard to argue with Blade’s take. I agreed with Loo yesterday that his LU was probably not that far off. He had Arroyo in the 8-hole, starting. I could see that. I still think Cueto is GONE. Hopefully via trade, but if not, he will opt out. Book it.

So, while Blade may be right, I still think with the addition of a solid OFer (Derek Fisher of Houston come on down – via trade for Cueto), and a retooling of the bullpen, that the team could compete. I think give it one more year before blowing the whole thing up.

Nunie – if the money was right – I would bring him back next year. He can be the “super-sub” and spell Arroyo, and is not an embarrassment in the OF.

• wilcojoe said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:33 am

I was very impressed with Fisher in the short time he was up (while Reddick was on the DL). No way the Astros give him up for Cueto. Before I saw him play, I thought that was possible, but I believe now it’s too much of an overpay.

• chipower9 said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:07 am

Good to know, Wilco. Just looking at his stats, I thought it might be a reach, but maybe the Giants could package someone with Cueto to make it fly. I know the Stros are heavy on young OFers, so hopefully Booby and crew can do something there.

4. alleykat69 said, on June 22, 2017 at 7:38 am

As long as Human Rain Delay Gearrin is not back in the pen next year that would make me happy! I can kill a couple of beers waiting for that chump to throw a pitch..

5. chipower9 said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:08 am

LMAO! This is priceless. Holy shit…we’ve gone from discussing/comparing babes from the 40s-50s to the current day’s hotties to Tupperware. Wish I had some of the stuff my grandma had back in the day. Hell, they would probably want it for the Tupperware Smithsonian! 😉

So, I dropped into last nights game a bit late. One of the new breweries in town does not currently have TVs (I think the plan is to turn the brewing area/back room into a man cave type of area with TVs, etc.). Great beer! Solid Ground Brewing in Diamond Springs.

Anyway, so I get home and T-up the game (4th inning or something). It comes the 10th inning and I watch our boys not score, and tell Gail I am hitting the rack. She looks at me incredulously, and says “What?! You are not going to watch the game to finish?” I tell her AGAIN how this year’s squad sucks SO BAD, that they could suck the chrome off a bumper hitch, and that “No, I am NOT watching to completion.” Wake up this morning to find out that Kemp hit a walk-off off of Gearrin. Same shit, different day.

Smardj again pitched well enough to get the win (Cained again).

Get away day today…interesting that it is not an early game. Bravos putting the screws to the Giants in another way???

6. wilcojoe said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:30 am

Hey Willie, Astros announcers last night said the ushers in the infield box seats in Oakland don’t check tickets. Said they actually encourage fans to sit close to the field. I thought that was pretty cool. Even when the Astros sucked and weren’t drawing well, you had to show your actual ticket to prove you were sitting in the prime seats down low.

• willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 10:57 am

yeah cool. Man you should look into a trip out here yourself next year maybe when they return. A’s aren’t going to draw much for a while I don’t think.

Long time ago (mid 80s maybe) you could do this at Warriors games too. Me and a buddy sat right next to Nuggets bench once at floor level for a few minutes before moving away. My buddy was few feet away from Issel and I think Calvin Natt. Used to be able to stand directly behind hoop on walkway in front of seats during warmups too.

7. blade3colorado said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:49 am

Linh and I had dinner with Paul this evening. He’s heading back to the world in a couple of weeks. I thought we would be able to see a game with him and some of you guys when I return on August 5th, but apparently, that’s the day he flies out of San Francisco. Guess a wave at each other while we cross the Pacific will have to suffice. 😦

• chipower9 said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:09 am

That sucks…would have been good to catch a game with both of you guys. Keep me posted on a game (SF, San Jose, Sac River Kitties, etc.).

• blade3colorado said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:26 am

Chi he still is open to meeting one or more of you guys at a pub or bar while in town.

• chipower9 said, on June 22, 2017 at 12:02 pm

Sounds good, Steve. Keep me posted of any Flap gatherings…

8. djloo27 said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:48 am

Nunie & Kontos both came up with the Yanks and might be a good fit right now with Headley & Clippard underperforming. Throw in Cueto and get a young outfielder…

• wilcojoe said, on June 22, 2017 at 10:00 am

I always thought Crawford might be a good fit for the Yankees but Gregorious is actually having a much better year than our Brandon.

9. zumiee said, on June 22, 2017 at 10:43 am

Cubs are sending Schwarber back to AAA.

• theroooster said, on June 22, 2017 at 10:57 am

Close to 500 career MLB AB’s, Schwarber sporting a .207 BA

10. willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 10:59 am

Beneath all the hoopla over Tupperware, that is one helluva baseball card of Marichal in poetic full action mode.

11. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 22, 2017 at 11:12 am

I’m not totally doomer on the core players being able to rebound next year but Booby is going to have to fix the outfield. The list of upcoming free agent outfielders with 1-2 guys under 30 is pretty pathetic so making a trade is the only way to get value. You’d think a competent GM could get something in return for Cueto, Nunez, Strickland, Kontos, Belt. This Miguel Gomez kid has shown that he can hit in Richmond so maybe throw Panik on the block too.

12. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 11:38 am

Classic . . .

• chipower9 said, on June 22, 2017 at 12:05 pm

LMAO…there is a reason Rick was known as BIG Daddy…dude got his fill during those post-game spreads, I am sure!

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 12:37 pm

Dude could motor, though, for a large man…

• willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 12:45 pm

I remember when they had Lee Smith. Watched him walk in from RF clubhouse door at the Stick across the field with 2 other pitchers who were just as big as him…trying to get names right. One of them named Tim maybe…

13. alleykat69 said, on June 22, 2017 at 12:45 pm

Big Daddy is starting to remind me of John Candy in “Uncle Buck”

14. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 1:11 pm

No shit! He was a great fielder and player for being so, uh, porculent.

Dig the pajamas they are wearing.

15. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 1:18 pm

16. chipower9 said, on June 22, 2017 at 1:27 pm

1. Kelby Tomlinson (R) 3B
    2. Joe Panik (L) 2B
    3. Hunter Pence (R) RF
    4. Buster Posey (R) 1B
    5. Austin Slater (R) LF
    6. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    7. Nick Hundley (R) C
    8. Gorkys Hernandez (R) CF
    9. Matt Cain (R) P

Hoping for a Slater Tater and a split with the Bravos…

And I still just cringe every time I see Gorkys Fucking Hernandez in the line-up…

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Yep, Gorkys at a stellar BA of .213, WAR of -1.3. Just what U want for your CFer position…

17. snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 2:03 pm

A’s just DFAd Steven Vogt. Why not pick him up– better than Hundley?…

• unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 2:09 pm

Why? Because it would make them look bad.

18. alleykat69 said, on June 22, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Of the 7-9 Order I’m going with a hit from Cain on the stipulation he gets up once..
    So Span after his mad dash for his triple and scoring on a WP is too exhausted to play again today?

• djloo27 said, on June 22, 2017 at 3:35 pm

No, he’s reportedly just sick of hearing “Bridge Over Troubled Waters” every time he comes up…

• zumiee said, on June 22, 2017 at 4:05 pm

lulz!

19. djloo27 said, on June 22, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Chiefs just gave Andy Reid 5 more years to learn how to tell time…

20. theroooster said, on June 22, 2017 at 5:27 pm

Rocks got outscored by the Snakes 26 to 8 over last two games. Live by the sword, die by it.

21. wilcojoe said, on June 22, 2017 at 6:09 pm

The hell with the Giants game, turn on MLB (Cubs-Marlins) and check out the three chicks with the Giants rack sitting behind home plate.

• wilcojoe said, on June 22, 2017 at 6:10 pm

Gotta love auto correct. “Giants” rack?

22. Flavor said, on June 22, 2017 at 6:21 pm

me too.
    Andrew Baggarly‏Verified account @extrabaggs 15s15 seconds ago
    Buster Posey hits an opposite-field pop-up for a home run, and I suddenly envision him suddenly envisioning himself in a Braves uniform.

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Trouble is Markakis and rest of the Braves can hit a lot of pop ups against Cain…

• wilcojoe said, on June 22, 2017 at 6:36 pm

The Braves have 8 prospects in Baseball Americas Top 100, most of any in baseball. Hmmm.

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 6:56 pm

How many Giants?…

• wilcojoe said, on June 22, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Two. Beede and Arroyo.

• djloo27 said, on June 22, 2017 at 6:44 pm

That ball was easily gone at ATT as well – even easier…

23. snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 6:28 pm

With game delay start, and long x-country flight looming after game, Giants aren’t going to take many pitches tonight…

24. zumiee said, on June 22, 2017 at 6:28 pm

The Braves built the short rightfield to benefit Freeman, and it’s benefitting all batters.

25. wilcojoe said, on June 22, 2017 at 6:40 pm

Nice call on your 2:32 post Kat!

• alleykat69 said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Thank you Wilco,in this season I’m looking for any morsel on the plate!

26. zumiee said, on June 22, 2017 at 6:50 pm

Organist plays “Ring around the rosie, pocketful of posies” for Posey’s walk-up.

27. snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 7:25 pm

Cain basically at his usual game expiration date. I really don’t see the point of Cain pitching anymore…

28. Flavor said, on June 22, 2017 at 7:30 pm

10:30pm in Atlanta right now, this game isn’t even half over AND they play in SF tomorrow. Brutal.

29. willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Panik drives one out of yard. He’s had pretty good road trip and driven BA up too.

30. willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 7:33 pm

So glad not to have face likes of Venters (wp?) and Kimbrel out of 2017 version of Braves pen.

31. blade3colorado said, on June 22, 2017 at 7:38 pm

I guess they trot Cain out in the 5th to get him the win???

The horror, the horror . . .

32. Macdog said, on June 22, 2017 at 7:54 pm

I watched Petit throw 2 scoreless innings tonight vs. Yanks, keeping Angels close before they rallied for the win. This is right about where he sure would come in handy for the Giants.

33. blade3colorado said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:01 pm

Pfffttt! WTF is Morris doing in there with a .407 BA allowed to left handers?

• blade3colorado said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:03 pm

Cain needs to be DFAed and Bochy committed to the nearest State Asylum.

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:13 pm

Thank you, blade.

34. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:03 pm

I called it. 0-2 count? Hang a slider.

35. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:04 pm

This time my daughter accidentally unplugged the cable. It came back juuust in time to see the back to back 0-2 hits.

• Macdog said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:06 pm

Maybe it wasn’t an accident?

36. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:05 pm

I do like Slater though.

37. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:07 pm

Oh yeah. Wear it, Bryan. Extra BP for the Braves.

38. djloo27 said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:08 pm

The Giants are not as good as their record would indicate…

39. willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:09 pm

OK 2 down bases empty after Braves have been teeing off, time for Phillips to eat some dirt.

• willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:12 pm

not that this guy could actually put a pitch where he wanted. yikes.
      amazing that Lopez can stay so calm.

40. Flavor said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:09 pm

this Morris kid is a real hoot.

41. zumiee said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:09 pm

This is epic suckage.

42. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Boch is going to send Righetti in there.

43. djloo27 said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:13 pm

44. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:13 pm

Morris is from Tennessee. Just fucking leave him there in Atl.

45. willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:15 pm

One of the cool things about blowout games is when position player gets on the mound. Invariably they aren’t that bad and do get guys out.

If nothing else Slater gets a chance to play some CF. You know if he could handle it they could move Span to a corner if they wind up keeping him. McChron had column today about F/G rankings of OF D, and Giants were dead last in one ranking, runs saved I think. Not surprising given what we’ve seen so far.

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:18 pm

This OF group, before Slater arrived, is the worst in baseball overall. Offensively for sure. Defensively arguable…

• djloo27 said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:27 pm

Saw a washed up Rocky Colavito win a game in relief for the Yanks about a half century ago…

46. snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:15 pm

Like I said a few losses ago, there’s no way you can ever say now that this game or that game is as low as they can go. Bringing in Cain to start the inning, you knew he was going to get his ass kicked, he barely survived the 4th. Then this Pen to the rescue? It’s the Bucket Brigade throwing turpentine onto the fire…

47. blade3colorado said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Cain is thinking, “Whew, this Morris fuck is actually making me look pretty good today.”

48. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Good to see Crick learning from his peers. 0-2 knock.

49. xoot said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:18 pm

Crick looks like a young chubby El Con Man

50. snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:20 pm

After this newest debacle, I wouldn’t even get pissed off at Kuiper if he chewed through a double ham sandwich and slammed a Mickey’s throughout the whole freakin post game wrap…

51. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:20 pm

16 hits in 5 innings??!@?!?!?!?! ? This is beyond laughable. We may lose 110.

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Are they even close to lighting the fuse to blow up this crock of merde?…

52. Macdog said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:23 pm

A snowman in Atlanta!

53. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:23 pm

Bout time for them to start ragging on Belt.

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:24 pm

Lulz !…

54. snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:28 pm

If you like watching NASCAR for the wrecks, you’ll love watching the Giants…

55. willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:33 pm

Posey keeps hitting. Gotta admit even if he played 1b every day I don’t see how he could hit better than this. More durability sure, but otherwise, no and he’s still top flight C. If he doesn’t crater, how soon would he move full time to 1b?

56. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:34 pm

From 3 rings, to 3-ring circus…

• djloo27 said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Excellent!

57. blade3colorado said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:36 pm

Anyone into discussing frying pans/ Skillets? Me? I like an old fashion Cast Iron Skillet. Way better than a Teflon type. Copper Sauté Pan, Sauce Pan, and Braiser Pan are good and essential too. Not too much into Woks.

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:40 pm

From the Giants into the the frying pan…

• blade3colorado said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:45 pm

We actually had an iron skillet discussion 4-5 years ago, led by Stix. Anyone remember that? Now, he’s eating Nissin cup of noodles (when he has 💰 money for the prison store).

58. snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:42 pm

They could trade Posey to Atlanta for a few of those top 100 minor leaguers they have. Posey would hit 25 HRs in this launching pad, and be near home. Why not? Gmen going nowhere for a couple of years…

• unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:03 pm

There’s about $120 million reasons why not.

59. xoot said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:42 pm

true story: My 91 year old dad just spent 4 days in the critical care unit of a Mt. View hospital and, today, in another hospital bed, he looks healthier than Kyle Crick’s father

• djloo27 said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:50 pm

His whole family looks like they were exhumed just for this game…

60. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:57 pm

Just wrote Stix a letter today. Hope he’s doing well.

Crick’s family is older than the hills. And they look like the were dug out of one.

• djloo27 said, on June 22, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Did you tell him you couldn’t live without him no more?

61. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:00 pm

Damn. didn’t see yours, DJ. Great (re: sick) minds and all that.

Yeah, I bought a cast iron skillet a little while ago for steaks. It is fairly awesome. Dab a little whorstechestechestechire and oil and cover it in ground pepper corns. Sear the shit out of it and throw the whole thing in the oven. Comes out wonderfully.

• theroooster said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Steaks in the oven? I haven’t cooked a steak any other way than on the grill in forever. Seared on the outside, red in the middle.

• unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:28 pm

I’d never done it till recently. It turns out most excellent. Sear for 2 minutes on each side, preheat the over to 450 and thrown the pan with the steak in the oven for 5 minutes.

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:30 pm

I cook steaks like Chuck.
      Sear hot on both sides in an oven proof pan.
      Then slam pan w/steak in a 450 oven for 5 or 6 min a side, depending on cut of steak and thickness, and how done you like it. Perfect…

62. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:03 pm

Shit! Belt turned on a fastball.

• blade3colorado said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:09 pm

Good. Evans might be able to ask for a bag of bats to go with the ball bag.

63. willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:03 pm

Belt! #13, off a 92 up in zone no less.

64. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:05 pm

Christ, you are going to dog the kid for not running out a pop fly? That 90 feet is not going to stop the rally.

65. willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:07 pm

don’t look now but it’s 12-8. Braves still need 5 outs. Panik up to .750 OPS/ .275 BA.

66. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Get this run in to make it 12-10 and it’ll be a little interesting.

67. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:26 pm

Whats with the cardboard boxes in the OF?

• djloo27 said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:32 pm

I’ve been waiting all week for an explanation of what the fuck those things are…

68. unca_chuck said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:32 pm

Bad as they are, they ain’t quitting.

69. snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:32 pm

At this rate, Gmen will land at SFO about 6 pm tomorrow, and helicopter to ATT just in time for the game…

70. willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:35 pm

holy F how embarrassing to be outsmarted on bases by Belt.

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:38 pm

If that had been Span, he’d have F’d that up; Belt with some heads up base running there…

• willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:44 pm

nice hustle from Specs there too.

71. willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:36 pm

third time on this road trip they scored 8 +. Be nice to actually win one of them.

72. snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:36 pm

If the Giants did send this to bottom of 9th, Bochy SHOULD send Rags in to close it…

73. djloo27 said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:39 pm

We score
    We lose

74. snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:40 pm

Give ’em credit for not packin’ it in.
    Still, another loss, in a different way again.
    In all, a pathetic 1-7 roadie…

75. alleykat69 said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:41 pm

I’m too drunk to care what Bicys does any more, Snarkky!!!!!!!

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:42 pm

Kat, looks like you got that skink on again, that’s cool. I don’t care what Bicys does either; since I dunno who the hell Bicys is…

• djloo27 said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:44 pm

Another great moment in skinkdom…

• djloo27 said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Awesome, Kat!

• willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:48 pm

AK strikes again, as skink or not.

• willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:48 pm

Awesome AK that is.

76. blade3colorado said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:44 pm

Lulz. Skinking up the joint.

77. snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:46 pm

The Gyros are so damn bad, it’s near a requirement to get your skink on to listen or watch ’em to the bitter end…

78. djloo27 said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:47 pm

Rally Tupperware almost pulled it off…

79. xoot said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:50 pm

Good news, I think. Stix and the feds reached a plea agreement. Trial’s off. Stix will show up before the judge in Duluth to be sentenced. I’ll email the agreement to Flavor and to Chuck M, but even if they drink as much Cazadores Reposada as I’ve had tonight I doubt they’ll be able to make sense of deal. It looks like a lot of Stix’s sentence will be time served and supervised release, but, again, the technicalities of federal criminal sentencing are complex and stated only in jargon. I’ll keep an eye on the docket and post anything concrete about the sentence actually imposed (next week). And then there are the state-law charges that still remain.

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:53 pm

Good news for him.
      Maybe the feds didn’t want to waste resources; let the state get rough with him?
      Hopefully the state will reach a similar conclusion as the US Attorney and move on…

• willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:53 pm

Wow thx Xoot. Hope things work out for him.

• blade3colorado said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:57 pm

Wow! That’s wonderful news! Thanks for sharing Xoot.

80. willedav said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:51 pm

Lot of hilarious posts tonite…extended doom of Giants baseball seems to bring out best from everyone.

Like to see that Marichal card right side up tho, that’s a real classic.

• blade3colorado said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:54 pm

Yep. Just said the same thing essentially.

81. blade3colorado said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:53 pm

Seriously, if we didn’t make fun of, joke about, drink or drug, and/or have a myriad of other subjects to discuss at “Oneflapdown Plaza,” I’d personally be out of here.

Instead, the mirth and merriment is sufficient for the time being to watch this cluster fuck of a season.

82. djloo27 said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Those 3 titles temporarily threw us off course…

83. zumiee said, on June 22, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Those funky rightfield seats are tables sort of, I think. Eat dinner and watch the game with something to put your food on.

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 10:03 pm

Great place to get your skink on…

84. zumiee said, on June 22, 2017 at 10:01 pm

The Mets are just about as bad. They got destroyed by the Dodgers this week, all 4 games.

• Macdog said, on June 22, 2017 at 10:18 pm

The 4-pitch bases-loaded walk to Baez is as bad as it gets.

85. snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 10:02 pm

Per Baggs, the GMen scored 8, 9 and 11 runs in 3 games of this roadie.
    Lost all three…

• zumiee said, on June 22, 2017 at 10:29 pm

Reminds me of the old quote about Steve DeBerg….just good enough to lose.

86. djloo27 said, on June 22, 2017 at 10:37 pm

Herve Filion died today. I wonder how many of you know who he was without googling…

• blade3colorado said, on June 22, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Easy, the midget on Fantasy Island, who yelled, “Ze plane! Ze plane!”

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on June 22, 2017 at 10:57 pm

Hmm, I think that was Herve something-else, longish name…. Velazquez or something… don’t know this other Herve of which Loo speaks…

• snarkk said, on June 22, 2017 at 11:11 pm

Yeah, the Fantasy Island guy was Herve Villechez, or something similar. Not Filion. No clue about him…

• Macdog said, on June 22, 2017 at 11:06 pm

No need for me, even though I’m not big on trotters, he was a big deal at nearby Freehold.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on June 22, 2017 at 11:19 pm

Ah, Freehold, NJ. Bruce!!!

• blade3colorado said, on June 22, 2017 at 11:52 pm

The midget was light enough to jockey a trotter. Ha.