Winning Streak

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 28, 2017

The Donger need food. We need win. Let’s make both happen.

Screenshot 2017-06-28 at 4.20.05 AM

Hanging another L on the Rockies would be sweet, a team and a fan base I don’t like. Is this their yearly fade job? Probably too early to call that since they still have a few months of back and forth to Sherpa Town. But the wear and tear on the bodies has begun. They are finding themselves weaker, slower, more susceptible to injury, fatigue, and general malaise…..

The Giants? They blew past injury, fatigue and general malaise a month ago. Now they are squarely in “We hate everyone and go fuck yourself” mode. Maybe The Donger can do something about that, too…..

Screenshot 2017-03-18 at 8.56.19 AM

1. djloo27 said, on June 28, 2017 at 6:20 am

I think I dislike the Rockies more than the Dodgers. D’backs too. Part of it is how annoying their announcers are.
    This has happened to me in other sports before. The Broncos blew past the Raiders on my shit list some time ago. The Dodgers aren’t quite as despicable as they used to be…

• Flavor said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:22 am

I have friends from Colorado who are obsessive about the Broncos and it just soiled me on their entire sports scene. Plus, that’s not baseball up there.

• gianthead said, on June 28, 2017 at 8:25 am

Wow sacrilege!!!

• gianthead said, on June 28, 2017 at 8:26 am

Fodgers and thatbvomit blue colors disgust me…

• chipower9 said, on June 28, 2017 at 9:19 am

I dislike the Rox and DBacks as much as any hard-core Giant fan, but more than the hated Dodgers? That would be a stretch for me. Fuck the Dodgers. Well, and fuck the Rox and Dbacks, too.

2. willedav said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:14 am

Rocks were more susceptible to Gorkys last night. Bailed not long after Blackmon made his great catch on a ball Gorks drove to deep part of the yard. Then he starts rally with a double over Desmond’s head and Span drives him in.
    Reading through the box, Cain got 10 groundball outs in 25 hitters and Gearrin in his 3 scoreless innings (!) 7 in 11 hitters 0 flyballs. Giants IF D looked great, Jones included.

Disagree with Loo on personal dislikes. If I have to suffer through 3 more months of Dodger highlights from our resident pest, that won’t go down easily. I’d rather Dusty win (or anyone really) than them.

• djloo27 said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:26 am

I would definitely like to see Dusty win one.
      Don’t get me wrong, I still hate the Dodgers tremendously.
      The Roooster is just having fun with us…

3. willedav said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:27 am

Props to guys who stayed up, esp East Coast and other continents,. “Almost a gork-off!” lol, plus lot of other good stuff.

must not have happened last night/this morning, but has anyone watched that show with Brisbee? He’s kind of weird guy to begin with, and even bloggers on his site said the gal he’s with talks way too fast. Interesting concept tho to have blog guy appear live…I’m just saying, Big Guy. Wouldn’t it be amazing to have Giants blog guys all on at once, kinda like what Daniel did but live on TV?

4. zumiee said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:31 am

Loo asked about the centerfield grass patchwork area….they have to re-sod that area after concerts because that’s where the stage is set up.

The Giants own the stadium, so concerts are another way to make money.

• djloo27 said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:47 am

Thanks, Zum. I wonder if it’s a hazard…

5. Flavor said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:41 am

Congratulations to the esteemed Stanford University for winning their 23rd consecutive Directors Cup, a record that will stand for eternity.

• djloo27 said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:58 am

It’s guaranteed to stand for at least 24 years…

6. sandog said, on June 28, 2017 at 8:18 am

Dodgers still top off the hatred list for me, and that will never change. The phenomenal amount of talent they have combined with an unlimited budget only intensifies my dislike for them.
    As for the Rockies, they aren’t super high on my list either. The fact that the 1993 Rockies went O for the season against the Braves and fed into us winning 103 games and NOT making the playoffs made me despise them for many years, but that has faded a bit. As for their announcers, I actually think they are pretty good, but they do annoy me a bit more than usual these days that the Rockies are getting over on us most of the time. The Denver team I really hate is the Broncos, but even that has waned a bit now that Elway and Shanahan are gone.

• gianthead said, on June 28, 2017 at 8:30 am

Here here…I will root for the Rockies or Douchebags any day they play the Fodgers..

• djloo27 said, on June 28, 2017 at 8:49 am

So would I, even if I hate them less…

7. gianthead said, on June 28, 2017 at 8:25 am

Nice step with mgmt

8. zumiee said, on June 28, 2017 at 8:52 am

I have huge dislike of the Dodgers, but it’s not going to bother me if they knock off the Cubs this year.
    I’m so done with the Cubs, and Maddon, especially.

9. blade3colorado said, on June 28, 2017 at 9:04 am

When the Lost Again Dodgers lose in the playoffs again, I want to see Capon tell us he’ll be back after dinner.

Then I’ll bask again.

10. chipower9 said, on June 28, 2017 at 9:40 am

Kudos to any who weathered the storm and made the entire game last night. Especially the right coast Flappers. That is the problem with me for home series…I am usually hitting the hay around 9. But, day game today. I will mix some listening with a slew of meetings. Can our boys do what for this year is almost unthinkable, and bust out the brooms…

• blade3colorado said, on June 28, 2017 at 10:18 am

No love for Paul and I? We’re waking up before breakfast for this POS team.
      😉

• chipower9 said, on June 28, 2017 at 12:40 pm

My bad, brother…oversight on my part. You know I have mad respect for Flappers all over the globe.

• blade3colorado said, on June 28, 2017 at 4:34 pm

Lulz

11. alleykat69 said, on June 28, 2017 at 11:05 am

That’s rough Blade,I can barely stand watching them in are own time zone..

• blade3colorado said, on June 28, 2017 at 4:46 pm

Now, that’s hilarious AK.

12. alleykat69 said, on June 28, 2017 at 11:09 am

Would you guys do a Cueto for Joc Pederson& Trace Thompson trade?

13. unca_chuck said, on June 28, 2017 at 11:17 am

In a nanosecond. Both are better than anything we currently have.

14. djloo27 said, on June 28, 2017 at 11:21 am

Yes, this is really the 3X World Champion San Francisco Giants lineup today:

1. Gorkys Hernandez (R) CF
    2. Joe Panik (L) 2B
    3. Austin Slater (R) RF
    4. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    5. Jae-gyun Hwang (R) 3B
    6. Nick Hundley (R) C
    7. Kelby Tomlinson (R) SS
    8. Ryder Jones (L) LF
    9. Ty Blach (R) P

15. Flavor said, on June 28, 2017 at 11:50 am

Andrew Baggarly‏Verified account @extrabaggs 3m3 minutes ago
    Melancon still dealing with pronator strain in elbow. Seeing the doc, getting MRI. Slania’s flight delayed from Trenton.

16. Macdog said, on June 28, 2017 at 11:51 am

Melancon to DL, RHP Dan Slania up, I think from Richmond.

• chipower9 said, on June 28, 2017 at 12:11 pm

I have been saying all along that Melancon is hurt…

17. chipower9 said, on June 28, 2017 at 12:10 pm

The Donger is in the house!

18. Irish Kevin said, on June 28, 2017 at 12:11 pm

How much are we paying Malooser??? Damn what a cluster fuck of a year!!

19. alleykat69 said, on June 28, 2017 at 12:11 pm

Can we prorate Melancon’s contract for a pronator?

20. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 28, 2017 at 12:21 pm

21. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 28, 2017 at 1:39 pm

Looks like the league is catching up to Blach as he approaches 100 innings.

22. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 28, 2017 at 2:09 pm

Hundley with the bomb

23. alleykat69 said, on June 28, 2017 at 2:30 pm

The Park needs to stock up on Ding Dongs now..

24. snarkk said, on June 28, 2017 at 2:35 pm

No surprise Melancon back onto DL, he hardly pitches, yet hurt. Not a good sign. With guys DLed and no replacement yet or not DLed but can’t play, do they have about 20 guys that can actually play today?…

25. snarkk said, on June 28, 2017 at 2:40 pm

If Melancon is down for a TJ surgery or similar, he’ll have been and will be easentially useless for the first half of his deal…

26. Macdog said, on June 28, 2017 at 2:43 pm

DONGER!!!

27. alleykat69 said, on June 28, 2017 at 2:44 pm

Ding Donger!!!!
    Welcome to the Show!
    And why did it take so Dong Long??

28. chipower9 said, on June 28, 2017 at 2:44 pm

DONG RUN! IT IS OUTTA HERE!

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 28, 2017 at 2:45 pm

29. Bozo said, on June 28, 2017 at 2:44 pm

Dong!

• Bozo said, on June 28, 2017 at 2:45 pm

So Fly.

30. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 28, 2017 at 3:04 pm

Just saw the video of The Donger going yard. He got all of that one and had the style with the bat drop. NNnnnice.

31. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 28, 2017 at 3:17 pm

This is the Donger’s HR call in Korean. Dope. Or as the old folks say…rad

Check out @sung_minkim’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/sung_minkim/status/880182505864744960?s=09

• Flavor said, on June 28, 2017 at 3:29 pm

THAT is fucking AWESOME.

• pawliekokonuts said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:21 pm

that is awesome; it sounded like they kept saying hum diggity

• chipower9 said, on June 28, 2017 at 11:32 pm

Bad ass…love it. Thanks for the share, Dirt.

32. chipower9 said, on June 28, 2017 at 3:33 pm

The Infamous Giant ground attack strikes again…

33. chipower9 said, on June 28, 2017 at 3:50 pm

WHOOP! First sweep of the year! Fuck it…let’s get greedy and win 10 in a row!

34. Flavor said, on June 28, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Sweeping the Rockies. And we did it on the wings of a Donger Dong. I only saw the last 2 innings but it was easily my favorite game of the year.

35. Macdog said, on June 28, 2017 at 3:51 pm

And for the first time this season: SWEEEEEP!

36. Bozo said, on June 28, 2017 at 3:51 pm

How about dem streaking Giants?

37. zumiee said, on June 28, 2017 at 3:52 pm

The bench got it done!

38. gianthead said, on June 28, 2017 at 4:43 pm

I totally forgot it is Wednesday and therefore a day game…awesome to see Blach on my fantasy roster getting a win and then going to the box score and seeing Donger’s homer and then coming here tobsee the Korean link…awesome!

Even though it was time for the Panda to go, he took a huge part od the clubhouse spirit with him. Maybe we have new Panda…I dont care how racist that sounds or looks😇

• gianthead said, on June 28, 2017 at 4:45 pm

Where did the donger play??? The CBS box score has him and Ryder Jones playing 3b today.

And after reading the box score, Blach fought through that bad start…way to go…

• Flavor said, on June 28, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Ryder was in LF. Still hasn’t gotten a hit yet and today he struck out on a ball that HIT HIM.

• Macdog said, on June 28, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Donger started and played 3B until the 9th when Jones moved from LF to 3B, Gorkys from CF to LF and Span came in to play CF.

• djloo27 said, on June 28, 2017 at 6:28 pm

39. blade3colorado said, on June 28, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Said from game 1 of this series, the Rockies would face plant; and at the end of yesterday’s thread, I said:

“Sweep tomorrow. Book it!”

40. theroooster said, on June 28, 2017 at 5:08 pm

Didn’t see any of the game, but looks like Blach had a good showing. Congrats on the sweep guys. Man ‘o man, those Rocks are taking on water fast!

• Flavor said, on June 28, 2017 at 5:12 pm

Blach was fine, nothing special. Wiggled out of a slow start to be decent. We need guys like him pitching regularly if we are going to avoid 100 losses this year.

• theroooster said, on June 28, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Well, again, I didn’t see the game, but going 6.1 and giving up only 1 earned, hell, I’d take that every time.

41. theroooster said, on June 28, 2017 at 6:20 pm

Watching the Nats-Cubs on MLB Network, announcers said that Morse is STILL feeling concussion effects from banging heads with Smarge. Said he is in “a real bad way” right now and might miss the rest of the season. Jeez, I thought it was funny at the time, but, nothing funny about that. Hope he recovers soon.

42. unca_chuck said, on June 28, 2017 at 6:38 pm

Looks like Bummie will be back within a week or 2. Who gets the mystery (Cain) oblique strain?

• djloo27 said, on June 28, 2017 at 6:58 pm

It’s beyond stupid to rush him back. If necessary stretch him out gradually in the pen until a SP or two is unloaded by the deadline.

• Flavor said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:06 pm

agreed. What would be the point? The guy has a shitload of innings on his arm already, even if he wasn’t rushed (which he is) why not just forget the rest of this season? Bringing him back would just be wasted innings.

43. wilcojoe said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:14 pm

The ONLY logical reason to bringing Bum back is to showcase him to potential trade suitors who may be concerned about his recovery. Unfortunately I highly doubt that is their intent.

• pawliekokonuts said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:23 pm

um, no; don’t trade Big Country

• pawliekokonuts said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:25 pm

I have a hard-on against the Rockies going back to ’93. We needed them to WIN ONE FUCKIN GAME against our opponents. Nope.

• djloo27 said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Pawlie and SanDog have confusing posting schedules…

• pawliekokonuts said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:40 pm

heh heh . . . I just scrolled up…great minds think alike, eh?

44. pawliekokonuts said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:25 pm

I wish Donger had done his signature bat flip.

45. pawliekokonuts said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:26 pm

anybody want Miquel Montero?

46. snarkk said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:44 pm

Dang, you put new blood into this team, and you get more energy, some HR action, and some wins.
    Who could have predicted that?…

47. snarkk said, on June 28, 2017 at 7:53 pm

Gmen now have 4 or 5 guys that can play 3rd base.
    Nunie has to go, get something for him…

• alleykat69 said, on June 28, 2017 at 8:47 pm

Yeah but really who do you have at 3rd?Snarkk?
      Arroyo( minors) Gameface(DL) Donger( 8 innings))Honey Ryder(1 inning) Tomlinson a few games? High Noon the most action by far but the most tradeable for sure. Still looks like a bit of a black hole over their until someone takes the bull by its horns and earns it..

48. willedav said, on June 28, 2017 at 8:37 pm

“Maybe the Donger can do something about that.”
    Flav strikes again!

49. willedav said, on June 28, 2017 at 8:39 pm

RH power hitters. Counting Hwang, making his debut on June 28th, how many now on Giants?

50. djloo27 said, on June 28, 2017 at 9:00 pm

June 23rd was the 10th anniversary of Rod Beck’s death…

• chipower9 said, on June 28, 2017 at 11:38 pm

Damn. My brother’s BD, too. Did not realize it had been that long since we lost Shooter Beck. Dude was a bad ass…

51. willedav said, on June 28, 2017 at 9:20 pm

As Snarkk and Alley alluded to, there is still a glut of IFs. For now apparently Nunez is OK and will be off DL and play some LF while Slater is still bothered by hip problem, freeing up Hwang for 3b. In MLBTR column blog reports said he struggled at 3b and was playing 1b a lot in Sac.

But yeah, wondering what is the next move? Nunez said he’s OK with staying and re signing as utility guy. Panik Craw Specs Hwang plus Ryder still jonesing for his first hit, Arroyo and Gameface, who is likely toast I’d imagine.

Anyone ever listen to group called the Last Poets? when I did some DJ announcing long ago at non commercial station I used to play their cut “Jones Coming Down”…also another one more famous with a word I can’t use.

52. djloo27 said, on June 28, 2017 at 10:19 pm