Amidst A Lost Season, A Break

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 10, 2017

Mercifully, the first half has ended. For us, “The No-Star Break.” Or “The All-Crap Break”. There is no stat to take comfort in. We continue to only out-pace the Phillies. San Diego has jumped 5 games ahead of us.

We have the third worst ERA tied with Atlanta at 4.68. Our hitters are last in OPS at .677. We are last in home runs by a mile, 12 behind Pittsburgh. We are mid pack in SB’s thanks to Nunie who doesn’t play baseball anymore. Without him, we’d be last.

There isn’t a single player I look forward to watching hit except The Donger. And he has been given food and it turns out…….he’s just ok.

So where do we go from here? In a buyers market that is expected to be overflowing with sellers, I’m holding about as much hope that Sabveans gets a meaningful deal done as I hope that we score 700 runs in the second half of the season. ‘Taint gonna happen.

From here on out we pay the baseball gods back for the bounty of riches and basking they bestowed on us in 2010, 2012 and 2014. The price is steep.

1. snarkk said, on July 10, 2017 at 8:06 am

This team is the worst team in baseball, with holes in it you can drive a delivery truck through, including an outfield that is woeful, with no real help from the minors in sight. So, I am looking forward to one or two non-material trades by the Giants braintrust that will change very little. The Dubs win a championship, and the front office gets new guys that make them BETTER. The Giants win rings, print money, and the team goes phhttttttttt…

2. willedav said, on July 10, 2017 at 8:09 am

“I’m thinking I’m going to stay here”, said Cueto yesterday in Baggs column. Thoughts?

Went and looked up some 1965 stats on B/R. Mays was an 11 WAR player, alongside lesser lights of Hal Lanier and Dick Schofield Also Marichal at his height, throwing 290 innings at 2.13 ERA. Oh and Jesus did hit .298 plus great seasons from Hart and Mac.

But the Reds had early version of Machine, leading league in almost every O category. Rose hit .312 and he and Oakland trio guy Tommy Harper (.340 OB) scored 240 runs. Pinson hit .305 Frank .296 with 33 bombs .900 OPS yada yada. Non pitchers on their team hit .286.

Great time to be baseball fan growing up. Clemente hit .329 to lead league, so many cool players around.

Great baseball card posted by Loo, thx man.

• chipower9 said, on July 10, 2017 at 8:13 am

Fuck, what Cueto wants to do. Trade his ass ASAP and get something for him. An OFer would be a bonus…

3. chipower9 said, on July 10, 2017 at 8:11 am

This team sucks giant gorilla balls. Fuck it…this year is toast. I just hope that they do not lose 100. That was a frustrating loss yesterday. When our boys failed to take the lead in the 8th and just tied the score, I knew to chalk that bitch up to a loss.

And I have little to no confidence in Boody and Crew to pull a rabbit outta their hat.

So, tell me again when the Niner’s training camp starts…

• Lurker John said, on July 10, 2017 at 8:24 am

3 weeks baby.

• Lurker John said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:32 am

July 27th to be exact.

4. willedav said, on July 10, 2017 at 8:23 am

Read something on MCC site from a blogger who points large finger at Barr, Giants scouting/draft and player development or lack of same I guess in minors since Craw Panik days. This is esp true of pitching.
    Affeldt Lopez and even Casilla were all brought in from elsewhere and no one of farm guys has taken their place, nor those of Cain and Lincecum. Same for obviously the OF, for even longer.

Looking at Tribe last night, they have a cool team with homegrown players, lot of latin ones too, young and exciting plus Kluber. Any one of young Giants excite you, except in a bad way?

• Lurker John said, on July 10, 2017 at 8:28 am

I’ve been thinking a lot about this lately. I’d be taking a hard look at who’s evaluating the talent for this club, because they haven’t produced squat lately. For a team supposedly built around pitching, we’re not seeing much these days, not to mention the dearth of position players. Yet another infielder called up the other day in Gomez. He may end up being good, but where are the OFers?

• chipower9 said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:34 am

Good points. This stinking mess probably falls more on the scouts than it does on Sabevans/Booby. Whatever, there needs to be some changes. You see other teams like Cleveland that is loaded with great homegrown talent. Look to our nemesis in blue down south…there is another example…

5. Lurker John said, on July 10, 2017 at 8:23 am

Unless Cueto has a not-trade clause, he may not have much to say about it. I just don’t think he’d bring that much anyway, especially if it’s a buyer’s market like Flav said. It’s the worst kind of situation to be in, tons of holes to fill and no decent bargaining chips to get anything worthwhile done.

• chipower9 said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:37 am

Cueto has no no-trade clause. They’ll get a bag of balls if they do trade him…

Actually, and Wilco can validate, but I think Houston still has the need for a starter (maybe even two). They also have a wealth of young OFers. Package Cueto with someone to get a stud young OFer.

6. James said, on July 10, 2017 at 8:25 am

I’m still watching to see how Posey, Crawford, Belt, and Panik do. I’ll be less interested if any of them are traded, unless it’s for a player with good ML numbers. This is especially true of Belt, who’s PAs are as fascinating to me as they are annoying and frustrating to others (the PA yesterday when the 2-0 outside fastball was called a strike, leading to the swing at the low and away change up he had held off on for the first pitch, leading to the up and in fastball above the hands that he can’t hit, particularly when he’s down 2 strikes and the previous look has been to the outer half. I have no idea how I would pitch to any other player, but watching Belt struggle to screw up the umpire-aided recipe is a mini-drama that still holds my attention.)

I actually think Bumgarner will join Cueto on the junk heap, but I’ve been wrong about him before.

Why would anybody take Johnny Cueto off our hands? Depressing.

7. alleykat69 said, on July 10, 2017 at 8:34 am

60’s was the best baseball bar none.Every team had a few stud players that consistently got the job done.
    Yeah Giants had great players mostly under Charlie “The Desert” Fox 🦊 but they always ended up in 2nd place behind the freaking Dodgers!!!
    It pissed me off watching Koufax&Drysdale, Claude Osteen,Maury Wills, Willie Davis,even dudes like Wes Parker constantly kicking are asses..

8. Flavor said, on July 10, 2017 at 8:54 am

Cueto not pitching like he wants out. I’d think he’d do everything in his power to get off this last place honky team

• James said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:00 am

His power is diminishing in proportion to his fastball velocity.

• Flavor said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:04 am

Blisters prolly have something to do with it. Bad timing for this. He’ll be fine next year.

9. dirtnrocksnomo said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:05 am

Is Cueto still dealing with blisters? Just curious as I haven’t seen anything about it for about a month now.

• Flavor said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:10 am

I’m sure he is. His production drop was right in line with not one but 2 blisters on his pitching hand. He’s gutting it out but it’s not working. You can’t finish your pitches with blisters. This is fact.

• Lurker John said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:11 am

It wouldn’t surprise me if they’re still somewhat of an issue. He never took any time off to let them heal all the way. He’s a tough hombre and hates not being out there and he’s not going to complain to the media. I tend to agree with Flav, he should be good to go next year.

10. alleykat69 said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:15 am

Well piss on those blisters!
    Moses Alou did that everyday!!

• Lurker John said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:20 am

LOL. That’s what you call too much info. Do not shake that man’s hands.

11. snarkk said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:22 am

Schulman had a good stat in his first half recap story. Giants Pen is middle if road in MLB for blown saves, but 4th worst in allowing inherited runners to score. That jacks up the starters ERA, to be sure. With a bad offense, that is a killer stat. Also explains why Bochy leaves starters in one HR or two run double too long…

• Flavor said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:33 am

Well, they only added Melancon to the BP so I would say that was another huge misfire on their part when it came to roster construction

• alleykat69 said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:35 am

Gearrin is the #1 culprit in that department..

12. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:37 am

Yesterday on a surprisingly beautiful and crystal clear late afternoon/evening in Somerville, NJ, I went with my brother to watch the local independent Atlantic League team, the Somerset Patriots, play twilight ball against the Sugar Land Skeeters. I think they were from Texas. Final score, 2-1, home team, in a tidy fast-paced and mostly pretty well played game. Always reminds me of Bull Durham when I see games there, with all the funny little games on the field for the kids between innings. Even got a foul ball, the 2nd I’ve gotten there, with none in all my big league games. When a batter would come up from either team, along with their stats, the scoreboard showed the highest level the player had attained. Most said A-level; some said AAA. None had ever reached The Show (unlike other times I’ve gone there and surprised to see some former major leaguers just playing out their lives). Some also said Independent League…. not sure if they were on their way up or down or just stuck in Independent League purgatory forever. A real sense of innocence. And Sparky Lyle is still managing the Patriots, for the love of the game….

• chipower9 said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:43 am

Very cool. I love minor league and independent league games. I used to love watching American Legion games as a kid, too.

• wilcojoe said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:54 am

Yeah, Sugar Land is about 20 minutes from me. That’s an odd division they play in. A bunch of teams from the Northeast and then there is Sugar Land, Texas. A lot of guys that were former major leaguers whose careers took severe nose dives find themselves in that league. I think Tim Anderson (one of our top prospects) who we traded for Glass Sanchez was playing for the Skeeters. Not sure if he still is. Scott Kazmir played well enough with Sugar Land a few years back, that he got a call back up to the show.

• Lurker John said, on July 10, 2017 at 10:19 am

Minor league baseball is great and still largely like it’s been for years., and what’s not to like about watching a game with the Sugar Land Skeeters in it? We have the Tacoma Rainiers (AAA) and Everett Aquasox (Short Season A) here, both affiliates of the M’s. It’s still a relatively unaffected experience and certainly more affordable than MLB. The parking is easier, ingress and egress from the ballpark is easier, great seats are cheaper and the players are more accessible. And like you said, Paul, baseballs are much easier to come by. I’ve gotten quite a few over the years. Third base coaches are a gold mine when it comes to getting free balls. lol The whole experience is very family oriented and kids always have a great time.

Don’t forget all the great caps to be had from the dozens of teams across the country. I’ve got a nice collection going. Greensboro Grasshoppers anyone?

• chipower9 said, on July 10, 2017 at 10:27 am

No Grasshoppers here, but I do have a Richmond Flying Squirrels lid.

• wilcojoe said, on July 10, 2017 at 10:38 am

Yeah, minor league caps are the best.

• Lurker John said, on July 10, 2017 at 2:58 pm

Those are cool too, chi! They’ve got like 3 different versions!

• Lurker John said, on July 10, 2017 at 10:20 am

I will never forget reading “The Bronx Zoo” for the first time. It forever changed the way I viewed the game.

13. zumiee said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:41 am

I had a nice time at the ballpark yesterday regardless of the final score.

Stanton batting #2 in a lineup is a sabermetric dream. His ABs seemed to come around quickly.
    In the first inning, two batters in, and the opposing pitcher already has Stanton right in his face.

• zumiee said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:43 am

I was at the Giants game. My winning percentage is taking a hit lately. 🙂

• wilcojoe said, on July 10, 2017 at 9:55 am

We may have to retire you and Bochy before you both fall below .500

• snarkk said, on July 10, 2017 at 10:18 am

On this squad, Roy Hobbes would be hitting .236 and Kruk would be rippin’ him for refusing to change his grip and his bat…

• Lurker John said, on July 10, 2017 at 10:27 am

Hey, you’re still at a baseball game, even if your team sucks. And you got to see one of the great sluggers of our time launch one to centerfield. The showed some footage of Stanton taking batting practice and he hit a few off the palm trees near the glove in LF. Strong man.

There’s worse ways to spend a summer afternoon.

14. snarkk said, on July 10, 2017 at 10:23 am

This morning on KNBR, Kruk blamed the seasons worth of putrid hitting on the ballpark being in the hitters heads. Maybe some of it, but all if it? Too easy. This outfield would be crap in any ballpark. He basically was agitating, below surface, of getting rid of guys who didn’t like the park, ala offseason after 1985…

• alleykat69 said, on July 10, 2017 at 11:23 am

It worke for Roger Craig clearing out the malcontents, but that was at frigid Candlestick and he forced his troops to suck it up and use the shit weather to their advantage over their opponents. That shouldn’t be the case at ATT.
      They have just tanked with a few exceptions (well Posey anyway) pitching,terrible offense, guys with slumped shoulders knowing their down early with a no chance to come Back mentality..

• Lurker John said, on July 10, 2017 at 3:01 pm

Yeah, maybe get some guys who actually have power and the park becomes less of an issue. It doesn’t seem to hurt visiting teams all that much.

15. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on July 10, 2017 at 10:23 am

Yeah, Joe, I think the Atlantic League used to be just that, mostly teams in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic area. I was surprised to see a TX team. And Sugar Land Skeeters is indeed a great name. They kinda looked like they just wanted to get on the plane (not a bus trip this time!) and go home, but it was fun. The Patriots have been around 20 years, I believe, and they’ve won 6 championships, not too shabby. I also do remember seeing Tom Goodwin playing for Somerset a couple years after he was on a playoff Giants team (I think that was the ’03 team). Also met the owner yesterday, just hanging out in the food arcade, asking everyone if they were having a good time. Apparently a nice guy, gives a lot to local communities and charities. Small town baseball at its best.

• Macdog said, on July 10, 2017 at 10:43 am

Fun Patriots fact: Relief pitcher Jon Hunton, who holds the Atlantic League record for most career saves, also is the team’s Director of Player Personnel.

16. chipower9 said, on July 10, 2017 at 11:51 am

Regardless of how shitty our team is this year, or in future years, I will ALWAYS have my bask on…

17. alleykat69 said, on July 10, 2017 at 12:31 pm

Tips for the kids and I guess the pros these days..Kruk emphasizes being patient at the plate and getting a good pitch to hit!
    No shit Sherlock, Hey I want to be impatient and swing at wild pitches all the time..

18. unca_chuck said, on July 10, 2017 at 12:34 pm

Yup. Call it Kharmic justice or the baseball Gods shifting their gaze to the Astros, what the Giants did with their 3 in 5 is up there with the best teams in the history of the game. I’m sure the Yanks have done this a few times, but who else has won 3 in 5 years? The A’s and Reds are all I can come up with in (fairly) recent memory.

Kruk is pulling excuses out of his ass. Other teams have no problem putting up fat numbers hitting here. Yeah, it’s a pitcher’s park, but our pitchers aren’t making it play that way.

Kontos’s 0-2 HR being a prime example. Stupid fucking pitch location on an 0-2 count yet again. The 3-1 bomb was inevitable, but there’s no excuse for giving up an 0-2 bomb.

• James said, on July 10, 2017 at 12:50 pm

The home/away pitching splits:

713 OPS/840 OPS

As much as it gets tiresome to listen to the park being cited as an “excuse,” it really is a bitch to hit at ATT. Which again demonstrates just how horrible the pitching staff is this year, despite the ridiculous quality start stat that gets trotted out in their defense.

• theroooster said, on July 10, 2017 at 3:42 pm

The Cardinals did the 3 in 5 thing – 1942 through 1946, winning in ’42, ’44, ’46.
      Reds never did it – closest they came was 1972 through ’76 – they won it back to back ’75 and ’76, but lost it in ’72.
      And of course the A’s – 3 in a row 1972 through ’74.

19. gianthead said, on July 10, 2017 at 4:10 pm

And who here after Flav’s analysis thinks that we are only a few pieces away from being competitive And therefore should not trade everyone….so the discussion on Crawford…he is hitting .225…did Lemaster evrler hit that low??? 40 rbis with that BA means he could have have had many more unless we simppy have very little on base at the time…i would trade everyone making above $8 mill not named Bum…

20. gianthead said, on July 10, 2017 at 4:13 pm

What is more depressing than the Giants??? And I am only talking sports here you leftist troublemakers🤣🐤🤕….

Talk about Niners training camp in 3 weeks…whem does bball start??? Summer league is more entertaining than the Giants and training camp….

21. alleykat69 said, on July 10, 2017 at 4:38 pm

Shawn Estes made a great point which is also a sad point when he said: “The Giants have had 6 first hit players on their roster this year.
    Arroyo,Slater,Jones,Calixe,Gomez& the Donger.
    He added,When you get that, your season is not going well at all.Its just a huge struggle..

22. wilcojoe said, on July 10, 2017 at 5:05 pm

I wonder if Marlin man will wear another teams jacket to stand out during the ASG?

23. Macdog said, on July 10, 2017 at 5:17 pm

Waiting for Loo’s annual post about those kids in the outfield at the HR Derby.

• wilcojoe said, on July 10, 2017 at 5:21 pm

Lol. So true. It’s not a HR derby without it.

24. pawliekokonuts said, on July 10, 2017 at 5:25 pm

The Syracuse Chiefs are considering a name change. To: Salt Potatoes. I haven’t gone yet this year. Poor Manny Burriss.

• alleykat69 said, on July 10, 2017 at 6:09 pm

That would be sad Pawlie.
      Might be cool to have a Mr.Potato giveaway night though.

25. djloo27 said, on July 10, 2017 at 5:28 pm

This year I’ll just pray silently that some poor 10 year old doesn’t take one to the face at 119 MPH.
    It’s no joke. I can’t fathom the stupidity of it…

26. wilcojoe said, on July 10, 2017 at 5:38 pm

This has to be the ugliest stadium in baseball. Why the hell does it look so dark?

27. wilcojoe said, on July 10, 2017 at 5:44 pm

That was pretty awesome.

28. alleykat69 said, on July 10, 2017 at 6:06 pm

Gonna wait along time before a Giant gets in a HR derby..
    Maybe they get a guy in if they have a pop up contest..

• Macdog said, on July 10, 2017 at 6:35 pm

Our best candidate for the HR Derby is a pitcher.

29. alleykat69 said, on July 10, 2017 at 6:23 pm

Justin Bour what a savage performance!!
    22 bombs launched!Sigh, I want a Giant with power like Stanton,Bour,Judge, yeah even a freakin Dodger like Bellinger!
    One freaking Giant that will launch 30 HR’s plus! Thank you lord I will repent my crazy life style if you give me a slugger!!

30. unca_chuck said, on July 10, 2017 at 6:24 pm

GH, if we trade everyone we will suck for 10 years. 2008 was their last good draft. Who’s to say we’ll get good prospects in trades? Panik, Crawford, Bummie, Posey, and maybe even Belt are basically untradeable as we don’t eat that much salary. Moore has little value, Smarj still has $54 mill+ coming his way. Span and Nooner are dead weight. The relievers are blehhh across the board.

We are like the 49ers in 2003 after their Steve Young run. Bloated contracts winding down for players who are now past their prime and a lot of underperformers. We are not going to eat salary and we are not going hard into rebuild mode. We got a year or 2 of suck coming.

31. unca_chuck said, on July 10, 2017 at 6:25 pm

The last best guy we drafted, we gave away, in Adam Duval.

32. xoot said, on July 10, 2017 at 6:39 pm

nice tweet exchange between Schulman and Baggs tonight on the Bay Area’s two AS reps: Posey’s about two weeks older than Yonder Alonso (I think that was the spread) and (by Baggs) the Reds drafted Alonso 7th in 2008 after Posey went 5th

33. James said, on July 10, 2017 at 6:41 pm

Chuck, the 713 OPS/840 OPS home away split is SF’s pitchers, everyone else’s hitters. The home/away split for SF hitters is 635/711. The NL OPS average is 747. Note that the negative gap in away games is much bigger for the pitchers than the hitters (711/747/840).

840 OPS . . . this is as if the SF pitchers were facing Justin Upton in every single PA of the 2017 away games.

• snarkk said, on July 10, 2017 at 7:01 pm

I’m confused, and no bourbon yet…

• James said, on July 10, 2017 at 7:03 pm

It’s a lot easier than Algebra 1!

• James said, on July 10, 2017 at 7:07 pm

In away games, SF hitters have a 711 OPS. In away games, SF pitchers give up an 840 OPS. The league average OPS is 747. SF hitters suck less than the pitchers do when you take ATT out of the equation.

Justin Upton currently has an 841 OPS.

• snarkk said, on July 10, 2017 at 7:27 pm

Got some bourbon.
        To me, this proves Kruk wrong. Both Giants and visitors have worse OPS at ATT than they do at non-ATT parks, which you would expect — though Giants are worse at home than the visitors, which is incongruous but what you might expect if you believe Kruk that the the Giants are mentally blown away now by ATT’s oppressive, anti-HR confines.
        Further, Giants do objectively better OPS than at ATT, but relatively worse than their opposition, when the Giants are AWAY from ATT, and the oppo is HOME. That is, Gyros don’t suddenly perk up their hitting relative to their opposition when they are on the road, where their vulnerable hitting psyches per Kruk should supposedly be freed from the oppressive ATT’s bad vibes…
        Or?…

• James said, on July 10, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Ok, dude, I need to finish making dinner and my second glass of Riesling. What I can say immediately is that, if Kruk said it, it’s wrong.

• snarkk said, on July 10, 2017 at 7:49 pm

Mosel ?
        Rheinhessen?
        Kabinett or Auslese?

• James said, on July 10, 2017 at 8:18 pm

It’s actually from Marin County, not varietally correct at all, but pretty good. Oddly, I’ve been buying mostly reds from the fatherland. I have a small production cab I brought back from Rheinhessen on the last visit to the kinsmen, made by a female vigneron. Her name: Julia Schittler. “Snarkk, let me pour you another glass of Schittler!”

• xoot said, on July 10, 2017 at 7:59 pm

so the Giants are losing on the road to any pitcher with a .711 OPS against?

• xoot said, on July 10, 2017 at 7:59 pm

(or lower)

• James said, on July 10, 2017 at 8:56 pm

SF is losing on the road to pretty much anybody because they’ve given up nearly 6 runs a game!

• James said, on July 10, 2017 at 8:39 pm

On to the dry numbers.

“So, at ATT, Giants hitters are worse in team OPS by 78 points (713 – 635) than visiting teams.
      But, away from ATT, Giants hitters are 129 points worse in OPS (840-711) than their oppo counterparts who are hitting at home.” Yes, I get your interpretation and how it refutes Kruk. But the salient fact is that the league is hitting 747 collectively, which means the increased road gap is a result of the even lousier SF pitching. If Kruk wants to get psychological, he’d note it’s the pitchers who are more afraid to play outside the safety of ATT than the hitters are cowered by the home park.

• snarkk said, on July 10, 2017 at 11:36 pm

Vielen Dank, noch ein Schluck Schittler!, bitte…

34. alleykat69 said, on July 10, 2017 at 7:07 pm

GH.
    I just don’t trade a GG Infield/catcher who’s the best in the game. You have to be strong up the middle, which they are.Arroyo’s position is 3B once the Giants realize that he will be a GGlover as well soon. It’s the fucking Out Field and Pen that needs the major over haul..
    And when you have to go back to Chili Davis &Jack Clark days( who both were a bad asses along with Hac Man not home grown)) there is something seriously wrong with the scouting department. Praise in the past to Dick Tidrow (really remarkable job)to find Stud pitching over the years, but whoever is in charge of finding OF talent should be fired!! Booby&Sabes should be held accountable if they keep stringing along worthless scouts..

35. theroooster said, on July 10, 2017 at 8:20 pm

Good to see Bellinger make it out of the 1st round. No freaking way was he gonna beat John Henry

36. willedav said, on July 10, 2017 at 8:28 pm

“…if Kruk said it, it’s wrong.” James that’s HOF POTD land.
    I thought the Flem team for Tribe-Tiger game last night was pretty entertaining. Flem just seems more loose and energized away from Giants. Boone is low key anyway and Ross was maybe a little intense sometimes with analysis of every pitch, but having faced CLE in the WS sounded like he still highly respected their team and hitters.

37. zumiee said, on July 10, 2017 at 11:25 pm

Remember when Joc Pederson made the All-Star team? He’ll never sniff an All-Star game again. He’s a ‘one and done.’

38. zumiee said, on July 10, 2017 at 11:35 pm

That white baseball cap Ted Williams is wearing at the big All-Star celebration for him in the late 1990s at Fenway Park when all the players surrounded him in the golf cart?
    It says “Hitter.com” on it. It was his son’s website, something baseball-related. Ted never knew that his son’s biggest source of internet income was porn.
    The same son that had Ted’s dead body put in frozen storage. Ted’s son died a few years later and is in frozen storage, too.

• snarkk said, on July 10, 2017 at 11:39 pm

Teddy Ballgame was a strange duck, an ornery cuss, and a loner.
      Genius in one aspect is often accompanied by eccentricity…

• alleykat69 said, on July 11, 2017 at 8:17 am

Do they get a special frozen rate?
      My bad that was cold..

39. willedav said, on July 11, 2017 at 8:54 am

Bum to start Sat game vs. SD. Deja vu all over again.

40. zumiee said, on July 11, 2017 at 9:53 am

Every team passed on Aaron Judge in the first round.
    Stellar scouting!