Pablo

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 23, 2017

So what did everyone think of the Sandoval comments? That was a pretty long interview. When they asked him what he missed the most about SF he immediately smiled and said “fan support.” I believe that if he’s going to re-start his career it will start with that long, lost fan support he has missed for the last 3 years. He’s just one of those guys who needs it.

This is a great pic from last year’s NY Flapalooza. Two have on dark shades but it’s technically outdoors so I can live with it. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Screenshot 2017-07-23 at 6.24.23 PM

1. willedav said, on July 23, 2017 at 6:20 pm

what is Yadier Molina doing trying to steal bases? He’s thrown out easily at 2b and then the batter hits a solo HR.
    OK, I’ll have to look this one up–career steals for Molina family. Over under on Big Titty?

2. willedav said, on July 23, 2017 at 6:35 pm

Great pic! Mac on the far left next to Loo Chi SanDawg and Blade?

3. djloo27 said, on July 23, 2017 at 7:19 pm

I’m so handsome…

• zumiee said, on July 23, 2017 at 7:33 pm

And modest! 🙂

4. zumiee said, on July 23, 2017 at 7:25 pm

“I think that’s a thing about the screamer types–at some point it’s value has gotta wear off.”

Yeah, the Billy Martin types. Their success is usually at the beginning of a tenure and then drops off as they wear out their team.
    I don’t miss the long manager/umpire arguments of the previous eras. So pointless.

• willedav said, on July 23, 2017 at 7:46 pm

Giants have made some real blunders lately too, on bases and in the field. Bochy is the polar opposite of the Durocher types that would have been in a guy like Moore’s face before he ever got to the dugout for throwing that ball over Hwang’s head.

Just me but I think that’s why his players love and respect Bochy and are embarrassed to be where they are.
      They know he’s gonna keep it in the clubhouse behind doors and not let his frustrations go and start reaming his players out in front of cameras or in the press.

5. zumiee said, on July 23, 2017 at 7:37 pm

San Jose got one-hit today. Pablo was 0 for 3 as the DH.

6. zumiee said, on July 23, 2017 at 7:42 pm

Dodger fans’ sphincters experienced some tightening today.

“LOS ANGELES — Clayton Kershaw, who appeared headed to 20 victories, was redirected on Sunday to the disabled list and a Sunday night appointment with back specialist Dr. Robert Watkins after reinjuring his lower back in the Dodgers’ dramatic 5-4 win over the Braves in 10 innings.
    Kershaw, who missed 2 1/2 months with a herniated disk in his lower back last year, sounded distraught after explaining he was injured while taking his eight warm-up throws before the second inning after an eight-pitch perfect first inning.”

• snarkk said, on July 23, 2017 at 7:51 pm

You can’t F with a herniated disk. If they have to operate now, they will wonder WTF they were thinking in the offseason…

7. snarkk said, on July 23, 2017 at 7:59 pm

Ass for Flemm, I think he’s OK, but not much more.
    Every so often I hear on the radio a pretty good whiff of condescension from him in some kind of offhand comment or semi-snide joke. He majored in classics, as in Greek languages and such. He’s gotten better at criticizing the team when necessary, which is a plus…

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on July 23, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Majoring in Classics seems very Stanford asshole-esque. My little brother went there so I guess I can’t say much. He’s more of the upturned collar type of asshole though which is one of the worst types.

8. zumiee said, on July 23, 2017 at 8:07 pm

I had missed this news.
    “LOS ANGELES — Julio Urias, the Los Angeles Dodgers’ top pitching prospect, will undergo major shoulder surgery and could be sidelined for up to 14 months, the club announced on Friday.”

• snarkk said, on July 23, 2017 at 8:32 pm

They jacked him up and down, starting and relieving, while supposedly watching innings. Sounds like not a good approach. One thing the Giants have not had throughout recent era is a lot of pitcher injuries. Will Smith, sure, but he wasn’t with the Giants very long, wasn’t an organization guy. Law is another one. Giants pitchers that went south generally were because of lotsa miles and sliders on the arms and just age. Another reason to trade Bum before they give him a dumbass monster contract for 6 years…

• blade3colorado said, on July 23, 2017 at 9:23 pm

What you said (plus, add the other supposedly untouchable, Posey).

9. theroooster said, on July 23, 2017 at 9:39 pm

Urias, I don’t think much could have been done differently with him – Dodgers have been babying him for years – watching his pitch count, etc, etc. Doesn’t matter when you pitch, starting or relieving, as long as you monitor properly. Some guys just gonna get injured regardless of how much precaution you use. Kershaw been pitching with a herniated disc since early last season. He never had it operated on – sat out what 2 months? 2 1/2? Once a disc is herniated, it ain’t gonna fix itself with *treatment*. Sure, you can do all sorts of stuff to calm it down, get it to the point where you can forge on, I guess. Makes what he’s done this season all the more impressive, gunning for another Cy. Well, that’s over. Now if he can do the same thing he did last season – take a couple months off, get it right, ready to go for the playoffs, all well and good. Have surgery after the season’s over, which is maybe, apparently, what he should have done after last season was over? Crazy how good he could pitch with that thing lingering, though.

• blade3colorado said, on July 23, 2017 at 10:23 pm

Dodgers are probably the only francise that can survive this situation, with a deep farm system and a near-limitless budget. They better act fast though, as the trade deadline is fast approaching. Maybe Darvish is the answer? He will be a free agent this off season, so he’s a rental.

Sonny Gray? He sucks. Decisions, decisions. This could be 2016 all over again for the Bums.

10. chipower9 said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:25 am

I was at that game in ’97 when Beck went three innings, and Brian Johnson hit one of the more memorable HRs in SF Giant history. You would have thought the Giants had won the pennant after that game. Amazing. Great memories. I am with you, Flav…there were so many players on that team that I loved.

11. chipower9 said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:40 am

On herniated discs, definitely not something to fuck around with. It took the medicos almost a year to diagnose mine (chiro, rehab, nerve conductivity tests, and finally, an MRI). Herniated C5/C6. Lumbar herniated discs are more problematic, as you have more load on the lower back than the neck. I opted for the epidural steroid injections (over surgery). I think I had three total over about a couple of year time frame, and have been pain free for over 10 years now.