Let’s Trade With the Pirates

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 24, 2017

Kershaw hitting the DL is bad for baseball. We need the stars to play or the game is just worse. I want the Dodgers to lose because they choke in the post season, not because their best player gets hurt. It probably won’t effect them because they’re so far ahead and they still have plenty of time to trade for some SP help. Still, disappointing to hear he’s dealing with the back again….

Pitt in town. For fun, I tried to come up with a trade that would help both teams. I really gave a Belt for McCutchen trade a run but they have a young first baseman (Bell) and Belt is just owed too much money over the next 4 seasons (68 millon!) to ever realistically think the Pirates would do this. Maybe if we offered Crawford, too? That might do the trick but with McCutchen only signed through next season, why would the Giants do that?

So that’s the task today. See if you can come up with a fictional trade that these two teams could pull off this week. I struck out.

Slow day at The Flap…..After catching myself see myself in that video I posted earlier, I decided to find the SI pic of me at the Dave Dravecky comeback game. See if you can spot me. #where’sFlavor? hint: this one is harder than the video but pretty much center cut.

Screenshot 2017-07-24 at 5.11.50 PM

These 3 Giant icons. You know how many pics we could find of 3 fucking icons like this? Dozens. We are lucky to be fans of this historic team.

Screenshot 2017-07-24 at 6.37.09 PM

1. Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:27 am

I’m telling you, don’t underestimate the effect this is having on the dude. This is like Rocky heading back to Philly to train.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:20 am

Fun fact. That’s my in laws next door neighbor.

• chipower9 said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:27 am

WTF is going on with those duds!? Holy shit…

2. wilcojoe said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:44 am

Just what he needs. She looks like a grandma that can flat out cook.

• chipower9 said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:27 am

Keep him away from the biscuits and gravy…and the ice cream…and…

3. willedav said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:52 am

july 30 2001 transaction:
    Vogs and Armando Rios to Pirates for Jason Schmidt and John Vanderwal

Have to go look up who we gave up for Glass. Do recall he couldn’t play for a while, harbinger of things to come obviously.

Pirates are in a weird place as small market team that is still in contention. Til they got hot/Brewers went cold they might have been looking to dump off high salary guys like Cole for prospects. Blogger fans usually complain they are too cheap and won’t spend to upgrade team, so doubt any Giants would be on radar except maybe pen guys.

4. OldSealsFan (@OldSealsFan) said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:57 am

BF, how about the Giants’ roster plus 100M for the Pirates’ roster? Guarantee the rest of the year would be more interesting.

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:03 am

so we send them 100 mil and trade rosters? I can’t believe i’m saying this, but that’s not a bad idea……

• willedav said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:22 am

$100 mil barely covers 2017 salaries of Cueto Smrdz Belt Craw Pence and the Cain buyout. Ouch.

5. willedav said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:14 am

glass stats:
    Traded to Giants july 29 2009 for Tim Alderson (wow another lopsided deal in Sabes favor!)
    didn’t play for SF until Aug 2 then missed 3 weeks after Aug 17 and didn’t play after Sept 21
    Didn’t play first game 2010 until May 19
    Last game June 10 2011 remember watchin that one when he landed wrong diving after a ball I think…still under contract for $6 mil in 2012

He’s still only 39 yrs old. Last game played he was only 33

6. zumiee said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:37 am

The theme last night at the San Jose game was “Christmas in July.” The jerseys were made to look intentionally like “ugly” Christmas sweaters.

7. chipower9 said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:38 am

Took a look at Pirates roster (depth chart and 40 man), and also their top 30 prospects. Just doesn’t seem to be a good match for a trade. Unlike Houston, who I still think could be a great trade partner with the Giants. Cueto and a piece or two for Fisher or Tucker. Houston has NINE OFers on their Top 30 prospect list.

Flav – thanks for reposting the pict from NY last year. That was one kick-ass trip, and it was great to meet Loo and Mac.

8. zumiee said, on July 24, 2017 at 9:23 am

I started reading the book “In The Time Of Bobby Cox,” by Lang Whitaker. It kind of reminds me of Pawlie’s terrific baseball books, where, as much as it’s about the baseball games being played on the field, it’s even more about the fans’ relationship to the baseball games being played on the field. The profound deep ways we connect with this sport.
    Whitaker is a lifelong Braves fan, and he dives into the highs and lows of his years following the team, with a focus on the Bobby Cox era.
    We can all relate to it. Though the specifics may be different, the passion, joy, and heartbreak are the same.

9. zumiee said, on July 24, 2017 at 9:36 am

The San Jose team played the Dodger affiliate last night. San Jose was defeated by Adam Bray, who threw a complete game one-hitter. An impressive outing for the young pitcher.

10. snarkk said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:10 am

If the Giants play Nunie any more this week they are crazy. The guy is hitting and running, and ready to be traded. He gets hammy pulls like I get indigestion. So keep him on the bench before trading him.

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 12:20 pm

i just don’t see the point in trading Nunie for near zero. It’s like with Cueto, I’m not willing to sell low on these guys. They aren’t worth that much even if we were to sell high, what are they worth on the low end?
      Because I’m a Panda-fan I guess I wouldn’t mind if they move Nunie. But just doing it to watch Gillaspie or freaking Ryder Jones play 3rd? No thanks. Nunie is pretty much the most exciting player we have in the line up. Very difficult to argue against that.

11. Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 12:43 pm

by the way, David Price is a bitch. Who is he to tell a HOF pitcher to “get the fuck out of here.” I’m not saying Eck can critique Boston players without some guidelines but it doesn’t sound like he said anything that would remotely justify the way Price treated him of the plane.

12. dirtnrocksnomo said, on July 24, 2017 at 12:52 pm

The class of free agent outfielders coming up is just more of the same aging vets that the Giants have too much of. It seems like Strickland, Kontos, Nunez and maybe even Gillispie should get something in return. It may just be minor league players but the Giants needs talent throughout the org. I could see Moore and Belt as the type of guys that another team thinks they can make successful but Belt’s salary is heavy for a guy that just wants to draw walks all the time. If Samardzija and Span could get moved isn’t that a tier above those other guys? What about Panik? I’d be cool with moving him too.

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 1:01 pm

one thing I would like to see: stop stacking the LU with left handed hitters. These guys are not Barry Bonds and they aren’t going to hit bombs OVER triples alley. For the life of me I don’t understand why Sabean got away from acquiring “Ellis Burks” type guys…..

13. unca_chuck said, on July 24, 2017 at 12:54 pm

Being the most exciting player on the Giants is like being the best ice skater in Jamaica.

14. dirtnrocksnomo said, on July 24, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Agree with you on the LH hitters, Flav which is one of the reasons I would be okay with moving Panik. He’s controllable through 2021 which gives him some value. Plug Arroyo in there next year for pretty much the same glove and more pop from the right side.

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 1:19 pm

yes. The only issue is if other teams don’t value our LH hitters. I don’t think the park factors are nearly as big of a deal as others do but I do think it steals some bombs from the lefties. Panik, Craw, Belt….bye bye. Bring me right handed power hitters, that’s really what need to do going forward. Can’t win anymore with average pitching and weak, slow hitters.

15. dirtnrocksnomo said, on July 24, 2017 at 1:46 pm

The club’s over valuing of LH hitters got me thinking so I looked at the most similar players to Panik through age 25 at baseball reference.

1. Ronnie Belliard (986.0)
    2. Neil Walker (973.2)
    3. Jim Gilliam (971.6)
    4. Scooter Gennett (969.7)
    5. Adam Kennedy (965.5)
    6. Robby Thompson (965.3)
    7. Bump Wills (965.0)
    8. Stu Martin (963.6)
    9. Davey Williams (963.0)
    10. Sam Bohne (961.9)

Nice to see Robby Thompson’s name pop up. Otherwise, lulz.

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Bump Willis….lqtm
      Makes me wonder how baseball-ref comes up with the *most similar* stuff. Take a look at how many SB’s Bump used to swipe and then look at Panik’s total.

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 2:38 pm

and Sam Bohne died in Palo Alto in 1977. Huh, interesting, never knew that….good god what am I doing???!?!?!?!?!?!?

16. snarkk said, on July 24, 2017 at 1:57 pm

Nunie is a FA as soon as this season is over. He can go anywhere, including back to the Giants. Trade his ass now for a prospect of some sort to get another body in the minors. It doesn’t matter one bit who plays 3rd for the next two months, this team is 100 miles from relevant, and him being exciting doesn’t do jack for the minor league sad sackery …

17. alleykat69 said, on July 24, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Package Nooner,Shark&Belt to the Astros now!!

18. zumiee said, on July 24, 2017 at 2:30 pm

Jaime Garcia pitches the Braves to victory, and hits a grand slam, and….gets traded. Well, at least he wasn’t traded to the Dodgers like Alex Wood.

19. snarkk said, on July 24, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Beede out. Groin. Time unknown. He could have injured himself just as easily or not at all up in MLB, and have gotten experience. I suppose if they trade a starter they have Suarez. This front office is really POing me …

20. unca_chuck said, on July 24, 2017 at 2:36 pm

Shit they could trade Nooner and get him back next season. If they really want him. He seems to want to stay.

21. dirtnrocksnomo said, on July 24, 2017 at 2:41 pm

I was impressed with Suarez’s outing over the weekend and hope they hold on to him for next year.

22. Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 2:45 pm

if you have 14 minutes that need some killing, watch this vid and remember, there was a time when bombs would get hit at AT&T. There. Was. A. Time.

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 2:48 pm

Ha! This is crazy, after the 3rd one you can very clearly see me celebrating. I remember that moment well!

• theroooster said, on July 24, 2017 at 3:17 pm

Ah, OK

23. Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 3:10 pm

a couple other thoughts from that video: 1) I didn’t count how many, but I was surprised at how many of those hit were off lefties. And the pitchers always looked so bummed it was rad
    2) I forgot how many lunatics used to hang out in the cove and nearly kill each other trying to get the ball. And whoever got it would celebrate like they had just won the World Series. Fuckin’ awesome. Now ‘days? The Cove looks like Lake Placid on a winter morning in ’78

24. dirtnrocksnomo said, on July 24, 2017 at 3:18 pm

Ba-ha there are some serious naval confrontations going for those balls. Did anyone else see that hoverboard in the cove over the weekend? The people in the boats around the promotion didn’t seem too pleased and then they cut away real quick as if things started to get dicey.

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 3:25 pm

the first one looked like out and out *boat assault* by the guy who didn’t get it. But I’m no boat man, maybe that’s accepted etiquette in the boating world….

• OldSealsFan (@OldSealsFan) said, on July 24, 2017 at 3:37 pm

I was a boat guy and that was not kosher- -but the soft boat that got the ball was the one out of line. It looks like he cut off the other boat. It would have served him right if his boat sunk.

• xoot said, on July 24, 2017 at 3:49 pm

there were some days when you could probably walk all around the cove by stepping craft to craft. The final game of 2001 was like that, sort of fun to look down on before first pitch. I remember the guys with the putting green on a raft were there that day in the middle of a couple hundred other boats and cetera.

25. Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 3:29 pm

Chuck, what do you make of this bullshit?

26. OldSealsFan (@OldSealsFan) said, on July 24, 2017 at 3:32 pm

This season is sooo bad, but they have had bad years before. This year it seems terminal. Maybe it’s me that’s close to terminal (been rooting for them since they got here). Now when I blow off a game (almost all of them) I don’t even feel guilty. If I miss a win I don’t regret. If I miss a loss (last nite) I’m glad. Maybe it means I’m not a fan anymore.
    But, I don’t get more pleasure watching any other team so maybe I’m not a BB fan any more? Maybe it’s all the MJ I smoke (I live in the Free-state of Oregon).
    Maybe it’s the fact that the Giants do not have a single fucking athlete that inspires my interest. Bum (no comment), Cueto (high hopes but not this year) – -no other pitcher worth discussing.
    Buster is a bright spot but is now a slap hitter. Who else on the roster would command interest. Shit, if they are not interesting to other teams as trade acquisitions, what interest should they be to me?
    With all that said, I hope they trade nobody (other than the whole team), limit raises to 0, and hit the overseas market heavy (with new scouts). Why trade a guy like Panic if we are not going to get better prospects.
    This is going to take a long time to get back- -hope I can make it and see if I’m still a fan.
    Actually, I’m probably still a fan since I’m posting here. It is true misery loves company. They fact that the Giants make me feel miserable hints that maybe that Giants fan that was born in ’58 is still alive- -just stoned out.

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Ha! I went to Lewis & Clark and that was the only few years of my life when I smoked pot. But goddamn, everyone was stoned every day up there. So that’s probably it, you are “just stoned out.” Twin gotta be mad as hell he’s not around anymore to set you straight, OSF

27. Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 3:33 pm

back in the 70’s, man, WHAT THE FUCK!>!?!!?!??!

• OldSealsFan (@OldSealsFan) said, on July 24, 2017 at 3:41 pm

BF, that is Florida. He’s from Tampa (my home ’78 to ’04). Bet anything the guy is washing off his dog. Salt water was good for fleas (which are about 33 per square yard of Florida State.

28. Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 3:43 pm

can you imagine being one of those kyack dudes and you’re getting ready to go to the game and you’re like, “Ok, game day, I’m gonna get wet as fuck in the freezing cold bay and may get run over by a boat or hit in the head with a long net but fuck it, I am going after one of those balls….”

29. Macdog said, on July 24, 2017 at 5:59 pm

The Bonds-Flav splash HR game:

30. djloo27 said, on July 24, 2017 at 6:12 pm

Barry is 53 today…

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 6:18 pm

He would still finish top 3 in HR’s on this team if he played 110 games this year.

31. djloo27 said, on July 24, 2017 at 6:15 pm

Seals, Roosters, Dogs, Kats…any other animals here?

32. OldSealsFan (@OldSealsFan) said, on July 24, 2017 at 6:38 pm

Loo?

33. Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 6:46 pm

I’ve got a fairly big problem with Christian fundamentalists but I will always love Dave Dravecky and this little 8 min clip is inspiring.

34. Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:17 pm

lot more people of color in that Dravecky photo than you see now ‘days in the bleachers…..

• zumiee said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:30 pm

I live only a few miles from Dravecky. I’ve heard that he lives in the Turlock area somewhere.

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:34 pm

almond country. The hottest girl I ever dated was from Turlock. Hands down.

• zumiee said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Turlock is technically a college town, but Cal. St. Univ. Stanislaus is not a well-known campus of the Cal. St. system.

35. chipower9 said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:27 pm

Same shit. Different day.

Cain sucks so fucking bad.

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:29 pm

it’s weird to look at guys like Cain and Pence who look physically exactly the same as they did during their heyday but now….they are no longer in their heyday.

• chipower9 said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:36 pm

No shit. I was just thinking the same thing as Cain toiled his ass off in the 1st. Fuck that was painful to watch.

36. chipower9 said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I can relate to some of OSF’s 3:32, especially the part about watching/not watching games. But I’ll always be a fan of the game, and of the Giants, regardless of how bad they might suck (like they suck REALLY BAD this year).

37. zumiee said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:35 pm

BF, in the Dravecky photo, are you the guy standing up in the back, with the white t-shirt?

• zumiee said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:36 pm

And dark shorts.

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:38 pm

no but that’s a great guess. I’m the dude to his right with a sweet fucking tan in a cut off white tee shirt. My buddy Jason is to my right basking in his most awesome summer tan and ray bans, dip in tow.

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:43 pm

no shit, Jay and I actually had a 10 second conversation about who had the best tan that day before we looked each other square in the eye and silently declared how gay that was. We quickly got back to the game.

• zumiee said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:47 pm

Is this pre-sunblock era. Did anyone wear sunblock in those days? Did it even exist yet?

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:55 pm

Brown was the new brown back then. On second thought maybe those weren’t brothers in the seats just a bunch of honkys with the sweetest of 1989 tans……

38. zumiee said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:45 pm

Cain is reduced to ump-baiting.

39. chipower9 said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:51 pm

Six zip. 48 pitches and Cain isn’t even through two complete. I’m going to go check that bathroom wall I painted on Sunday to see if the paint is dry..

40. Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:51 pm

Bochy reaching a low point here. Getting thrown out of the game because of a bad call from the ump that led to his shitty #7 giving up 6 runs before the end of the 2nd. No where to go from here except up.

41. Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:54 pm

42. zumiee said, on July 24, 2017 at 7:55 pm

Cain should be DFA-ed, but that won’t happen, of course.

• snarkk said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Just DL him and sub in Suarez. Bring him back for one last start in late September for the standing O Timmy never got…

43. Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:01 pm

Pence is just the worst, he sucks. He needs to head back down to the clubhouse, alone, and punch himself in the face, twice, and re-make that stupid fucking 2012 speech he did in the post season in Cincinnati. By himself. In a mirror. To himself.

• zumiee said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:08 pm

His lower body bails out on his swing too much.

44. snarkk said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:13 pm

Swear to Jehovah. I was in the car heading for the pub, listening to the game. Cain was going thru that Long-ass AB to Cutch, and I was thinking this is about the time and type of AB Cain gets taken deep. Sho nuf, next pitch and boom. Bochy out to get tossed so the crowd gets distracted. (Insert usual rant on Cain and management)…

45. James said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:26 pm

Cole throws 96-97, but he did not elevate the fastball against Belt. Weird.

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:35 pm

oh come on. Don’t defend it. He can’t fucking hit it.

• James said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:39 pm

I think that’s what I was saying in my post . . . and have been saying for a very long time.

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:43 pm

really? Didn’t read that way.

• James said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:48 pm

He can hit it down in the zone, but not up, especially on the outside corner. Cole never went up. Chance to redeem himself now. 🙂

46. unca_chuck said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:27 pm

Zoom, Cain woulda been DFAed (or DLed) had Cueto not gone down with blisters on it.

Met Dravecky when we still took the kids to church when we lived in Roseville. He did a sermon and I got a chance to talk to him afterwards. Told him that the Cincy win was the most emotional thing I had ever witnessed.

He said he felt like he was floating when he came off the mound.

• djloo27 said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:34 pm

They won’t DFA him out of respect and because it’s too late to do any good anyway…

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:34 pm

where were you sitting? Near me? Or honky seats?

• unca_chuck said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:38 pm

We were down the LF line lower reserve. Not quite the cracker seats.

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:42 pm

well, you missed out on some sweet tans that day, my man. The cut off shirts cut for days. Jason’s dip lasted 32 innings. It was a great day.

47. Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:33 pm

i would prefer every single cam shot from behind the plate. And then they quickly go to wherever the ball is hit. The cam view is, without question, the best view in baseball

• djloo27 said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:36 pm

Used to mostly be that way. I always thought it it changed to the constant CF camera so the viewer could see the ads behind the plate…

48. unca_chuck said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:42 pm

Throughout the 60s and 70s there wasn’t much advertising in the stadiums (stadii?) save for the scoreboards.

49. Macdog said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Mets telecast came back from commercial and missed deGrom AB to lead off inning. Maybe the Giants should try this.

50. Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:52 pm

Belt is such a fucking idiot. Any team that would trade even a bag of coal for him would be killing their franchise.

51. unca_chuck said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:53 pm

Jesus. LOBs a plenty

52. unca_chuck said, on July 24, 2017 at 8:54 pm

Oh fuck me! Duuuuuuuh. Belt picked the wrong week to start sniffing glue.

53. Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 9:18 pm

Kuip: “I’ll tell ya what, Suarez is throwing the ball pretty good.” Anyone else in the Giants org see this? He’s not Nolan Ryan but he’s certainly not Matt Cain. START HIM!!!!!!!

54. OldSealsFan (@OldSealsFan) said, on July 24, 2017 at 9:25 pm

Wow! Just checked in to see what condition my condition (Giants) was in! And I find you guys in ultimate despair. Even Chi9 could see some logic in my 3 pm post. But, I’m not trolling you guys- -you have more stamina than me. 6-2 down- -another day another dollar in debt. 30 down yet? Sigh.

• Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 9:27 pm

go take another bong hit.

• djloo27 said, on July 24, 2017 at 9:40 pm

I’m an Old Bobby Seale fan…

55. Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 9:26 pm

the Giants jerseys Dravecky/Mitch/Atlee are wearing? They are just better. The subtle sleeve stripes, the bigger “G” and “S”. Miss that look.

56. Flavor said, on July 24, 2017 at 9:36 pm

Absolutely fucking worthless. You guys that defend Belt, I just don’t get it

57. djloo27 said, on July 24, 2017 at 9:45 pm

Today in the supermarket, I discovered rice cakes shaped like corn on the cob. I wish they would make a big crackerjack that you could eat like an apple…

58. alleykat69 said, on July 24, 2017 at 9:45 pm

Belt is about as exciting to watch anymore, then Skip James (The Albino Wonder) first basemen I unfortunately watched play in bits of 1977&1978 who of course was gonna be the next Willie McCovey hahahahahahaha ..

• djloo27 said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:14 pm

• snarkk said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:38 pm

I have no memory of that dude at all…

• alleykat69 said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:40 pm

Thx Loo!!
        He was about as exciting as having a root canal done ✅

59. djloo27 said, on July 24, 2017 at 9:57 pm

60. snarkk said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:01 pm

I must be good luck tonight.
    Just tuned in back to the radio at home, in time to hear another Bucs’ 3-run jack, this one off of O-shit.
    Hmmm, things humming along like usual.
    Down 10-3…

61. snarkk said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:06 pm

Stros’ Altuve is hitting .507 for July…

62. alleykat69 said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:10 pm

Giants might as well put a shit sandwich on their food court menu!
    They can make a Shit on a shingle shitwhich.
    A Shit on a Stick..
    Shitwings
    Bay Shit Crab Sandwich
    Wash it down with a Diarrhea Shake.
    2017 the year of the Crap 💩

63. snarkk said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:12 pm

Bochy was smart getting tossed early.
    By now, productive evening — he’s probably near the bottom of his bottle of Cab…

• djloo27 said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:16 pm

Either that or in a cab…

64. snarkk said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:15 pm

This just in:
    Baer in talks with Sean Spicer to handle the post-game pressers…

65. zumiee said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:20 pm

The Giants are up a Crick without a paddle. Har dee har har.

• snarkk said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:41 pm

Crick was pretty good, gave up two walks and a single, no runs…

66. zumiee said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:24 pm

Enter, seagulls.

67. snarkk said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:30 pm

Giants coaching staff getting sequentially tossed.
    Why didn’t they think of this about 40 games ago?…

68. zumiee said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:40 pm

Pablo singled and walked for San Jose tonight.

• snarkk said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:41 pm

He’s ready…

69. Macdog said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:43 pm

The Slumber Company.

70. snarkk said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:43 pm

Giants need to trade somebody just to make sure the rest of the team is awake…

71. zumiee said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:50 pm

One of the Flappers, earlier in the season, called the Giants’ batting order Murdered Row.

72. snarkk said, on July 24, 2017 at 10:55 pm

Kruk, gotta love the Spicer spin.
    On the post game wrap, regarding his homer given up: [ otherwise] “Josh Osich has been so good all year…”

73. snarkk said, on July 25, 2017 at 12:05 am

Tonight’s game was so bad, I believe Ray on KNBR post-game did not even take one fan call, even though he started in about 11:10. He had to know the callers were going to be really PO’d at this latest debacle; probably some were screened and waiting to go off. He’s usually pretty rational, but even he hit the point of no return tonight — an “embarrassing” effort — and called for a roster blow up…

74. chipower9 said, on July 25, 2017 at 7:20 am

Just looked at the box from last night. Glad I bailed. Fuck that shit…

The only bright spots were the innings thrown by Suarez (two) and Kontos (one) all zeros and Ks.

75. snarkk said, on July 25, 2017 at 7:33 am

Bucs hit two, 3- run bombs last night. Giants have hit two All Season. WTF? Now 31 games out of first. In July. I can see this squad finishing 40 games back with 105 losses. I’m trying to find a bright spot. Right now, Gomez is all I got. Brutal…