Standing Pat Could Be Disastrous

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 25, 2017

The string of meaningless games continues to play out in Arizona this weekend. Bochy was recently quoted as saying he’s got a clubhouse of champions and it’s not a surprise to him that they have been playing better and winning games lately. Thinks this will carry over into next year. That’s a scary fucking thought for him to express and you have to wonder if it’s a sentiment shared by the brass or if Boch is just blowing smoke up the collective reporter ass just to pass the time in the dugout after the game. If he really believes trotting out an outfield of Pence, Parker and Span in 2018 is the path to revival we are in for another snoozer of season…..

Still a week to go before the Aug 31 trade deadline and I’m not optimistic that Evans is doing anything right now…..

1. gianthead said, on August 25, 2017 at 6:48 am

We are f’d if they leave Boch in charge…

2. gianthead said, on August 25, 2017 at 6:50 am

Baseball reference has Boch 7 games over .500…I had lost track…

3. willedav said, on August 25, 2017 at 7:23 am

IF I’d imagine remains intact providing Belt is OK. Finding takers for Span/Pence would be difficult unless SF is willing to pay off some of salary; maybe another team figures they could get Cody Ross push for post season. New mgmt. might have less aversion to that this winter, and be without any attachment to Sando.

Wonder if this is right time to move Strick to contender. Just not convinced he is any more than ROOGY who will always struggle to get LHs out, and Giants have enough struggling pen guys already.

4. willedav said, on August 25, 2017 at 7:48 am

college football finally starts Stanford vs. Rice Owls of the old SouthWest conference of Texas schools (plus Arkansas) tmw night our time from Australia. Rice has awesome mascot, just like Horned Frogs of TCU.
    This was final reg season game last year, and Rice didn’t look too good with young QB.

Fun fact: Rice is alma mater of one of my fav b-ball players, high scoring guard who used to train off season with a fellow Texan who was also high scoring guard from Warriors, Terry Teagle.
    ?

5. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2017 at 7:58 am

Rice also had an awesome cheer back when people were allowed to make jokes…

6. chipower9 said, on August 25, 2017 at 8:11 am

Charlie – thanks for the article on Craw, last thread. Tough year for Craw, but he has been playing much better of late. Let’s hope he can take that and improve till season’s end.

Ah yes, college football kick-off weekend. There are only five games on the schedule for this weekend, but I went ahead and got my college pool started. The NFL has become so damned unwatchable, that I spend more time watching college football. BOOMER SOONER!

Looking at the preview, Grienke going for win 15. Only a couple of Giants have hit him decently (Posey and Hundley), so I would not be surprised to see Buster at 1st and Hundley behind the dish tonight.

7. zumiee said, on August 25, 2017 at 8:24 am

The Giants brass is probably looking just to get through next season and then shed some payroll for a while. Hopefully they draft well in the upcoming years.

8. willedav said, on August 25, 2017 at 8:24 am

Nah chuck this guy was a guard and played one season for Warriors mid-90s. Ace FT shooter too.
    Bernard King was awesome tho, when he played here and later.

• willedav said, on August 25, 2017 at 8:35 am

made his mark as Sixth Man.

9. Macdog said, on August 25, 2017 at 8:31 am

Bochy said they’ve been playing better? They lost two in a row at home to the phucking Phillies just last weekend. That alone should temper this crazy notion that any recent success will somehow carry over into next season.

• willedav said, on August 25, 2017 at 8:38 am

true, but they did well vs. AZ Cubs and Brewers, all playoff teams, while playing at home.
      Playing better than under .400 pct, of course isn’t hella lot to brag about.
      Kinda funny SF has better record vs. LA than it does against Phils.

10. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2017 at 8:46 am

Impossible not to feel compassion for the Crawford family, but the Gofundme page was a blunder…

11. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2017 at 9:29 am

Giants have to do the right thing which is to kick Bochy upstairs and give Wotus a 2 year deal to see what he can squeeze out of what will mostly be the same crew at least in 2018. He deserves that chance…

• sandog said, on August 25, 2017 at 11:01 am

I like that idea. I’d like to see Wotus get a shot.

@ Willie: RIcky Pierce? Great scorer, who pounded the mid range jumpers IIRC.

12. xoot said, on August 25, 2017 at 12:51 pm

Just heard from someone in Houston who is expecting 3 feet of rain, vast flooding and automatic power outage. Yikes.

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2017 at 1:21 pm

That would be 30 feet of snow, I think.
      Does Wilco Joe live in Houston?

13. alleykat69 said, on August 25, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Thought WJ lives in Austin I know he’s a big Longhorn fan like me Hookem Horns🤠

• wilcojoe said, on August 25, 2017 at 5:39 pm

Used to live in Austin. Went to UT. One week till the start of the Tom Herman era. Can’t wait. 🤘

14. chipower9 said, on August 25, 2017 at 2:22 pm

I think Wilco lives in the Houston area.

15. alleykat69 said, on August 25, 2017 at 2:23 pm

Like the call on Ricky Pierce,Sandog think you have a bingo!

16. zumiee said, on August 25, 2017 at 4:54 pm

I think this is the weekend the players are wearing nicknames on their jerseys. Some old-timer baseball players are probably turning over in their graves, including Ted Williams in his container of frozen nitrogen.

17. wilcojoe said, on August 25, 2017 at 5:37 pm

Yep, I am in the Houston area. Halfway between downtown Houston and Galveston island. I live about 2 miles from Galveston Bay. We should be okay, hopefully. Yes, they are calling for 25 plus inches between now and Wed. That’s probably two years worth of rain for you Californian’s.

I stocked up on Makers Mark and Titos vodka, so I’am good. Nothing to see here. 😉

18. snarkk said, on August 25, 2017 at 6:00 pm

Snarkette #1 is in Austin now and supposedly San Antone early next week visiting mrs. snarkk side of the family. They are inland but these areas are subject to flooding if this thing sits and dumps rain for days…

19. willedav said, on August 25, 2017 at 6:07 pm

Hope the Wilcos and snarkk relations are OK. My co. has 3 stores in Houston Sugarland area, all closed up til next week more than likely.

Yes Mr. SanDawg has it Ricky Pierce. At one time I think he had consecutive FT streak of 75 or so.
    I can’t get players who can’t make a FT. You are practicing your normal shot, 15 feet dead straightaway with all the time in the world and no one guarding you. Wtf?

20. willedav said, on August 25, 2017 at 7:07 pm

that’s the one spot Sandoval kills, about ankle high out over the plate.
    Like to see how he does RH rest of season.

21. Irish Kevin said, on August 25, 2017 at 7:18 pm

Ah yes college football 🏈 with my handle you all know who I root for.

22. Flavor said, on August 25, 2017 at 7:23 pm

Still so stoked we got Cueto and Smarge instead of Grienke for basically the same price. Imagine how resistant the brass would be next year adding payroll if Grienke’s fucking deal was on the books.

23. Flavor said, on August 25, 2017 at 7:26 pm

Shit I totally forgot about Wilco during this hurricane. Appreciate your post and that you guys *should* be ok. Thinking of you dawg.

24. djloo27 said, on August 25, 2017 at 7:45 pm

This nickname jersey thing with the thank you stickers on the sleeves is about as lame as it gets…

• Flavor said, on August 25, 2017 at 8:19 pm

so stupid. Here’s an idea to jazz up the fans: don’t lose your shit when a hitter bat flips a dong. It’s entertaining.

25. zumiee said, on August 25, 2017 at 8:44 pm

Nunez left the Red Sox game way early. I wonder what’s up.

• djloo27 said, on August 25, 2017 at 8:54 pm

Guess they couldn’t put O’Shits on the back of his uniform…

26. Irish Kevin said, on August 25, 2017 at 9:32 pm

Anyone pay for the over hyped fight tomorrow night? I am going to a bar that is showing it for free! Well I have to buy my own drinks.

27. theroooster said, on August 25, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Rodney got to do his Everdeen Katniss fake arrow crap, huh? What a Jackass.

28. zumiee said, on August 25, 2017 at 9:55 pm

They’re very politically correct with hurricane names. They pick the honkiest of honky names. Andrew, Katrina, Sandy, Harvey. Next will be Hurricane Buffy and Hurricane Chad.

• snarkk said, on August 25, 2017 at 10:05 pm

This one might be hurricane Badass…

• Flavor said, on August 26, 2017 at 3:38 am