Word Press Sucks

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 26, 2017

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. I actually like a lot of the features on the back end of this blog, but their customer service is suspect. And yesterday they locked me out of my own blog because thousands of log-in info (that they are supposed to protect) got compromised so they reset my password and the hoops I had to jump through to get back in were bullshit.

But whatever, got the blog back now. “I have my weapons back.” Steve Bannon is such an idiot. I digress….

Giants gave Snakes a run but when Span/Parker/Pence/Posey go 1-16 it was bound to be an uphill battle. Wish we had a couple of Belt bb’s to put us over the top last night….

1. willedav said, on August 26, 2017 at 9:00 am

oh yeah trying to reset anything on wp is a nightmare. It always says your old log in or password is invalid. Locked out of your own blog gotta be a new low tho.

Wouldn’t it be funny if Belt led the team in bombs (again!) despite missing last 7-8 weeks? Just dunno how Evans makes a deal to get legit middle order power bat here. Gotta find a CF and shore up pen depth…might be too much for him.

Like to see Slater make it back onto the field next month and Shaw at ATT too. Where are Giants going to put all these corner OFs and all the LH bats?

2. zumiee said, on August 26, 2017 at 9:24 am

BF locked out of his own blog:

• Flavor said, on August 26, 2017 at 9:40 am

that was pretty close to what I looked like earlier this morning

3. snarkk said, on August 26, 2017 at 12:39 pm

I read where Span booted a pop to center or some S, as usual. Which led to at least one run, and then Goldy hit a jack. Why can’t they put Span in left now, it’s ridiculous. See if Parker can handle it. I don’t see how he’d be worse. Also, Goldy hit the jack and there was a base open? When are the Giants going to learn to just walk this guy? Let somebody else hurt you…

• zumiee said, on August 26, 2017 at 12:58 pm

The Giants always act like changing spots in the outfield is rocket science. Other teams just do it. The Dodgers stuck an infielder out there, Taylor, and he’s doing fine.

• snarkk said, on August 26, 2017 at 1:44 pm

Giants management is always afraid to admit it has made a mistake with a contract player. Bringing in scrap heap dudes — they’ll cast them off, no problem, after a while if there are alternatives. I don’t care if they make mistakes with FA contracts or farm guys, if they fix them and figure out how to reduce them. Friggin limit the damage. Continuing on playing the mistakes makes them worse…

• djloo27 said, on August 26, 2017 at 2:41 pm

I bet they plan to turn CF over to Gorkys full-time…

4. zumiee said, on August 26, 2017 at 1:03 pm

I don’t think it’s a bad idea for the Giants to just get through next season and shed payroll. Stop signing free agents for a while and just invest that money into scouting and player development. Focus on building from within for a few years. Commit to it. We’re not going to catch the rest of the division for a few years anyway.

• djloo27 said, on August 26, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Haven’t looked at it, but I’ve heard the FA class after the 2018 season is first rate.
      Keep in mind 2019 could be Bum’s last as a Giant…

• snarkk said, on August 26, 2017 at 1:40 pm

I would trade Bum next season. He isn’t going to get any better. We’ve seen his best. It was great, and it helped win titles. But, a 6-year deal for $200 million isn’t going to end well, or even half well. It would be Cain all over. Bum has pitched in MLB since he was 20, like Cain. It doesn’t matter that he’s big and strong. An arm is an arm, an elbow is an elbow, and after 1000 innings, you’re not going to be as good as you were at 200 innings in…

• Flavor said, on August 26, 2017 at 2:55 pm

agreed Snarkk. Why can’t mlb owners and GM’s figure this out?

5. zumiee said, on August 26, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Fun fact- Mike Kickham is a minor league pitcher in the Marlins system, keeping the dream alive.

6. zumiee said, on August 26, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Gary Brown officially announced his retirement last month. He was playing for an independent minor league team.

• djloo27 said, on August 26, 2017 at 3:12 pm

His legacy will be Hunter Pence using his head as a bongo drum…

• zumiee said, on August 26, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Giffed forever!

• zumiee said, on August 26, 2017 at 3:40 pm

As a man in his late 20s, so much of life is still ahead of him. But how can he ever top this?

7. willedav said, on August 26, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Marty Lurie suggested Giants do exactly what Loo predicted, give the CF job to Gorks right now and shove Span to LF in order to help guys like Smardz and Blach. I like Marty but I think he’s way wrong here.
    gorks is a less than blanco type with 0 HRs. Part time back up OK, but not everyday player which is what he practically is now.
    Yes his BA has improved but he isn’t a base stealer and doesn’t bunt well either. Despite hitting well for avg last few months the OPS still hasn’t hit .700. Every day starter he falls apart just like blanco did.
    I’d rather see Parker, who has a good enough arm, try his hand at it and get more pop into LU for LF.

• djloo27 said, on August 26, 2017 at 6:07 pm

Seems like they are always trying to find the next Torres, Huff, Burrell, Ross, Petit, etc. Guys who managed to have little more than a solid year or so to help put them over 3 completely unbelievable times…

8. willedav said, on August 26, 2017 at 5:15 pm

famous #99s…Ernie Ladd?

• djloo27 said, on August 26, 2017 at 5:59 pm

I was torn when he fought Sammartino…

9. wilcojoe said, on August 26, 2017 at 5:25 pm

I wish Blade was around to post the link to the pirated site that carries the fight. My son is begging me to watch it but most of the bars/restaurants are either closed due to the storm or 21 and up only.

• theroooster said, on August 26, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Feed2all

• wilcojoe said, on August 26, 2017 at 6:26 pm

Got the undercard fight on now. You rock Rooster!

• zumiee said, on August 26, 2017 at 6:35 pm

The Rooster has his moments.

• theroooster said, on August 26, 2017 at 7:53 pm

Glad to help, wilco 🙂

• djloo27 said, on August 26, 2017 at 8:10 pm

What did you do? How does it work?
        Not happening for me…

10. zumiee said, on August 26, 2017 at 6:21 pm

Jones looks like he has the issue with high fastballs that Belt has.

11. Flavor said, on August 26, 2017 at 6:38 pm

These nicknames are stupid. I can’t tell who is who. I don’t like that

• zumiee said, on August 26, 2017 at 6:56 pm

Plus the Giants’ are in hard-to-read white print on a light gray background.

• zumiee said, on August 26, 2017 at 6:57 pm

What’s the point if we can’t even read them?

12. Macdog said, on August 26, 2017 at 7:44 pm

Has Posey now checked out? Swings at first pitch and grounds out weakly to 3B to start the 9th. I can’t remember the last time he had a big hit, or something other than a single.

• Flavor said, on August 26, 2017 at 7:47 pm

he goes through stretches like this several times a season although the Posey-apologists refuse to see it. I wonder how many games out of first place we are? I honestly haven’t checked in weeks. It’s gotto be 30-35? Something like that? I’m not going to look…….

• Macdog said, on August 26, 2017 at 7:50 pm

They’re eliminated from the division, so there’s no need to, haha.

• theroooster said, on August 26, 2017 at 7:52 pm

• Flavor said, on August 26, 2017 at 9:04 pm

that’s fucking awesome.

• Macdog said, on August 26, 2017 at 9:15 pm

40.5

• willedav said, on August 26, 2017 at 7:50 pm

he was late on Walker’s fastball all night, fouling off the ones on outside corner he normally drives to RF for base hit and waving at breaking ball. Kuip and Flems last night on radio were talking about how Giants like to come in here and hit. Posey is 0 for AZ, looks a little beat.

13. zumiee said, on August 26, 2017 at 8:10 pm

The games behind is not a big deal to me. Was it a better feeling to lose the World Series to the Angels? In a few years, the 2017 season will be so forgotten, it’s ridiculous.

14. James said, on August 26, 2017 at 8:25 pm

The thing that always stood out for me about this dimwitted, loathsome song was the line about the smell of wine and cheap perfume, a completely false association.

• xoot said, on August 26, 2017 at 8:40 pm

In case we lose / i’m purchasin a case of booze
      Ashkon’s version was pretty good

15. James said, on August 26, 2017 at 8:43 pm

The high fastball has been a traditional weak spot for tall left handed hitters. Ryder’s bigger challenge will be boosting that 727 OPS he’s posted so far in August.

16. James said, on August 26, 2017 at 9:22 pm

WillieD, while Belt’s 2017 team HR mark is probably safe, his runs scored and doubles leads are in serious jeopardy. The team leadoff man could finally surpass the walk-taking pussy in September some time for the runs scored lead. It looks like he may hold on for highest slugging percentage, though! Can Buster keep his OPS over 823? It’s at 869 now, and he’s fortunate Belt got beaned, cuz otherwise the uncomfortable fact that the grade B doofus is currently SF’s best offensive player would have required another quiet passing over of this embarrassing reality by most fans and writers.

17. snarkk said, on August 26, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Sitting out here on the deck with a few candles on the table as I smoke an H Upmann Cuban, a Corona; pretty decent smoke. With a nice Turks & Caicos rum straight up. Listening to Lurie and these mostly idiot Giants fans that say nothing much need be done in the offseason. And, yeah wasn’t the problem tonight the pitching again? James? Bum should have pitched a shutout, the slacker. Lurie says Bochy has told him they will not move Span to LF this season. This fuckin management just pisses me off. Doghairs are on oace to win 110 games and they trade to get Granderson. Bochy, with team 100 games out, doesn’t want to upset friggin Span’s psyche. I need more rum…

• James said, on August 26, 2017 at 10:37 pm

Snarkk, it’s a 162 games. The pitching has been terrible this year. And fuck Bum. He’s used up more than his share of luck in the post-season, he’s not *that* great, certainly not as good as Kershaw, and the numbers are evening out for him like everybody else who plays more than a few seasons. He should be glad it’s happening to him in a shitty, meaningless season.

18. theroooster said, on August 26, 2017 at 9:48 pm

Some of these multi-colored high socks and cleats are straight out of the Ringling Bros. Clown wear catalog.

19. theroooster said, on August 26, 2017 at 9:55 pm

Astros BP coughs up a 6-1 lead, lose to the Halos 7-6. Angels only a half-game back for a WC spot.
    Astros fans readying their torches

20. zumiee said, on August 26, 2017 at 10:39 pm

Hey, in an event I cared absolutely nothing about, one boxer defeated another.

• snarkk said, on August 26, 2017 at 10:59 pm

At least it went 10 rounds.
      $10 a round…

• djloo27 said, on August 26, 2017 at 11:05 pm

Snarkk, you and I were big on getting Cespedes. In hindsight, maybe it’s just as well they didn’t.
        The man appears to be is a malingering, injury-prone diva…

• snarkk said, on August 26, 2017 at 11:34 pm

Ya never know how somebody might perform under different conditions…

21. snarkk said, on August 26, 2017 at 11:53 pm

Boxing has been on a downhill slide since it peaked on March 8, 1971. On that date occurred a transcendent sporting event that will never be equaled in its massive pre-event hype, in the transfixed fascination of an entire society, nor in the matched performance that astoundingly exceeded the hype…

• snarkk said, on August 27, 2017 at 12:13 am

22. unca_chuck said, on August 27, 2017 at 12:27 am

I disagree snark. Hearns/Hagler, Duran/Leonard, all those guys had great fights in the eighties.

• snarkk said, on August 27, 2017 at 12:39 am

Those were good fights. Nothing like the spectacle that was Ali/Frazier I, IMO. It was bigger than the Super Bowl. By far…

• djloo27 said, on August 27, 2017 at 7:31 am