Rumors

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 29, 2017

The Giants are rumored to be after Stanton. Again. As usual, the problem of how we acquire him becomes an issue. Giants fans on twitter are all for it! As long as we don’t give up Bum or Posey. Lol. I’d trade Bum in a second for Stanton and I’d throw in Crawford, too. We can find pitchers what we can’t find is hitters. I think Stanton has a no-trade clause though (not certain about that) so he’d probably nix the deal anyway. Still, fun to talk about. I’m headed to LA today. Yikes, I could feel my skin crawling as I typed that.

Wilco Joe! If you read this please check in. Our prayers are with you and your family and everyone in the communities devastated by all this water.

1. willedav said, on August 29, 2017 at 7:06 am

We score we win! I still have one of those great shirts, thx to Snarkk.
    round up the usual suspects–Unc Zum James Ted Pawlie SD Snark Blade Flav.
    wish we could have done one of those earlier.

Smardz wipes them out couple bombs and SF takes down Pads. I know it’s meaningless but Giants record vs. Pads really bothers me since AS break last year. Like to see them catch Pads Mets Braves Reds, kids in or not.

• chipower9 said, on August 29, 2017 at 8:59 am

Those are great shirts. snarkk did a great job of coordinating that, and I know we surprised the hell outta Flav on that day. Would be great to put together another Flapalooza like that for next year.

2. alleykat69 said, on August 29, 2017 at 8:29 am

29 straight wins and we’re 82-80!!!

3. willedav said, on August 29, 2017 at 8:37 am

another weird stat I’ve been keeping track of from box scores: yesterday 10 games 17 decisions by SPs only 3 by relievers. Better SPs in 7 of those 10 games held opponents to 2 runs or less and 1 game of 3.
    To echo what James said on last thread, better numbers from SPs minus Cain of course next year, plus improved pen depth with healthy arms, .500 team not out of question.
    Marlins right now are 2 games over 66-64 and 4 games out of WC spot with 32 left–not out of it by any means.

4. chipower9 said, on August 29, 2017 at 8:58 am

Stanton does have a full no-trade clause. He also has TEN years left on his 325 mil deal, with a club option (10 mil buyout).

Yearly breakdown: 2018: 25M, 19: 26M, 20: 26M, 21: 29M, 22:29M, 23: 32M 24: 32M, 25: 32M, 26: 29M, 27: 25M, 28: 25M – 10M option.

Stanton is almost 28 years old. Even if viable (he accepted a trade, etc.). do you really want that kind of financial commitment?

Giants at 154M going into next season. That includes Cain’s 7.5M buyout.

• James said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:08 am

If we got another Albert Pujols, yep.

• sandog said, on August 29, 2017 at 10:01 am

Are you saying you feel Pujols was a good signing by the Angels? They’ve paid a lot of dough for a .777 OPS since he has been there. I know Stanton would probably be younger coming to us than Pujols was going to LA, but I worry he may still follow a similar pattern.

• James said, on August 29, 2017 at 1:53 pm

Yes, assuming we get the 3-4 great years and then some decent productivity over the remainder of the contract.

5. willedav said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:06 am

Marlins hit Stanton 2nd in order with Yelich and Ozuna, couple .300 hitters, behind him. If Giants can’t find anyone to hit behind Stanton like AZ has with Martinez following Golds, he’d be pitched around something fierce.
    I love watching this guy hit, but he hasn’t been healthy much last few years either.
    With Chi’s breakdown, 6-8 years from now he’s still making $30 mil…ouch.

6. unca_chuck said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:10 am

One Stanton < J Bruce, JD, and Hosmer. Don;t know how the pricing would work but we need more than to bank on one piece to get better. As we proved last year by only getting closer.

7. chipower9 said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:20 am

Watched a bit of the game last night (up till 3rd inning). Getting up so damned early, I rarely catch a weeknight game any longer (that and the team sucking so bad has really taken my desire to watch out, too).

Smardj with a gem last night. What an anomaly of a year for him. Hopefully he can pitch something like this rest of the way and into next year.

• djloo27 said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:50 am

Him and everybody else has 2 days to get waived to a contender and be P/S eligible which would be fine with me…

8. djloo27 said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:57 am

I hope we get Flav’s boy “Fat Albert” who is a FA after this season…

• chipower9 said, on August 29, 2017 at 10:09 am

I must have missed that one, Loo. Who is Fat Albert?

• djloo27 said, on August 29, 2017 at 10:31 am

Washington reliever – Matt Albers

I really only want him for the rhyming nickname Flavor gave him, although he would “round out” our bullpen…

9. pawliekokonuts said, on August 29, 2017 at 10:28 am

Stanton is a beast, but I’ll pass. I’m not enthralled by the Astronomical Money Mega Superstar One Player To Save Us Approach. How many WS did SF win with Bonds? How many did the Angels win with Pujols? And on and on.

• djloo27 said, on August 29, 2017 at 10:33 am

Don’t worry, Pawlie. the Giants will pass on him as well…

10. pawliekokonuts said, on August 29, 2017 at 10:29 am

Hope wilcojoe and loved ones are safe and secure. Do you have his cell? I used to have it until my phone fell down an orchestra pit.

11. Irish Kevin said, on August 29, 2017 at 11:52 am

Other than Buster who else could protect Stanton? I agree with Willie, need more that just Buster though.

12. wilcojoe said, on August 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm

I am safe and sound. Just super busy with work. The problem with working from home is that when something like this happens, you still have to work.

Looks like the worst of the weather is behind us. Never seen anything like this and hopefully never will.

• chipower9 said, on August 29, 2017 at 2:14 pm

Glad to see you check in, Wilco, and especially glad to hear you and yours are safe.

Stay safe, brother.

13. chipower9 said, on August 29, 2017 at 12:37 pm

Considering his age, and the coin he has remaining on that albatross contract, I say hell no to G. Stanton.

They guy I REALLY wanted SabeEvans to grab a couple of years ago (when the fish were seriously shopping him) was Ozuna. Dude is KILLING it this year. .313, .380, .561, .941, 31 HR, 103 RBI (damned near as good as Stanton’s numbers – only five less RBI) and he is two years younger. Fucking dickhead front office…they truly had a chance to make that deal. Pfffttt…

14. unca_chuck said, on August 29, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Woulda coulda shoulda, eh? Shit, I liked JD along with a lot of folks here.

• chipower9 said, on August 29, 2017 at 2:15 pm

Yep, Martinez is one they could have had, too. Another “swing and miss.”

15. unca_chuck said, on August 29, 2017 at 12:54 pm

Great to hear that, Wilco. Like earthquakes, the hit and the spared seem to be random.

16. wilcojoe said, on August 29, 2017 at 1:20 pm

The Donald just trumped himself, when it comes to “most inappropriate comment.” The local news just showed him at a convention center where 9,000 evacuees are staying. Speaking during a FEMA briefing he literally just said, “What a great crowd. What a turnout!”

You can’t make this shit up.

• snarkk said, on August 29, 2017 at 1:41 pm

Idiot-in-Chief…

• chipower9 said, on August 29, 2017 at 2:16 pm

World’s biggest moron…what a dick…

From the crowd: “Yeah, we didn’t have anything else to do other than evacuate our homes and leave all our worldly belongings behind, so we could come listen to you make asinine comments.” SMH…

• djloo27 said, on August 29, 2017 at 2:39 pm

I’m sure it was just a little humor to break the tension…

• theroooster said, on August 29, 2017 at 3:37 pm

If he was trying to be funny, it’s got to be the most tone-deaf attempt at humor in history.

• djloo27 said, on August 29, 2017 at 4:29 pm

Maybe it just went over your comb…

• snarkk said, on August 29, 2017 at 7:24 pm

It’s always, always about him, even there…

17. sandog said, on August 29, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Trump catching shit for the hats he was wearing on the trip to Texas, which I think is ridiculous. Although, first lady wearing a “FLOTUS” hat I did think was a little cheeky for that setting.

• Flavor said, on August 29, 2017 at 6:15 pm

how’d ya like the 6 inch heels? Dressed for the disaster? Negative.

• snarkk said, on August 29, 2017 at 7:27 pm

He’s selling the hats on his personal campaign website, that’s why he’s catching shit. He can’t even go on a disaster tour without flogging some shit to make money for his personal use…

18. Flavor said, on August 29, 2017 at 7:04 pm

look at this dumb broad.

• djloo27 said, on August 29, 2017 at 7:15 pm

She didn’t want this life…

• snarkk said, on August 29, 2017 at 7:31 pm

Neither did I …

19. djloo27 said, on August 29, 2017 at 7:30 pm

See if they can turn this opportunity into another zero…

20. willedav said, on August 29, 2017 at 8:13 pm

Coincidence? SanDawg checks back in and Span gets 3 hits and rbi double after 0-11.

21. unca_chuck said, on August 29, 2017 at 8:26 pm

Is Moore fixable? Pablo made a nice play there, but he pulled a lamb shank.

22. unca_chuck said, on August 29, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Fuck. Moore is up there with no clue. Absolutely no clue.

23. pawliekokonuts said, on August 29, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Like Loo’s 4:29 hahahahaha

24. pawliekokonuts said, on August 29, 2017 at 8:51 pm

glad to hear wilcojoe and family are okay….wilcojoe, I’m listening to Slaid Cleaves, an Austin songwriter/singer. “Temporary.” Great song. Know him and his music?

• wilcojoe said, on August 29, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Slaid Cleaves is great. I saw him live a couple times when I lived in Austin. Broke Down is a fantastic album. Title track is one of my all time favorites. It’s one of his earlier releases. I haven’t heard any of his newer stuff.

• pawliekokonuts said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:05 pm

He’s new to me. Like him a lot, tho’ occasionally I wish his voice were deeper (weird criticism). Naturally, I’m a big fan of Robert Earl Keen, too.

Take care.

• zumiee said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:03 pm

He’s performed a few times at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, the annual Woodstock-sized free music festival in Golden Gate Park. I saw him perform and liked it.

• pawliekokonuts said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:06 pm

The Flappers could start their own music appreciation blog. You guys cannot be topped!

25. pawliekokonuts said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:07 pm

fuckwad Giants…what a season in hell…tho’ as current events underscore, it’s only fuckin baseball

26. zumiee said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:15 pm

Melania’s shoes in that photo are laugh outloud funny. It’s like the wife in Green Acres. “Darling, I love you, but give me Park Avenue.”

27. alleykat69 said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Green Acres LOL
    Oliver says to Zsa can I have another heaping of your pancakes?
    Why Oliver I didn’t think you liked my pancakes?
    I don’t,I use them for shingles’s on the roof..

28. willedav said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:34 pm

Boom! Panik ropes another one. Crushed one pretty good earlier for a 2 out double.
    Wasn’t J Blash just recently called back up from minors? Guy rakes Giants for a bomb every series.

29. willedav said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Speaking of music, Charlie Parker would have been 97 today. so unfortunate he couldn’t make it to 35.

I’m trying to remember the Altman movie Kansas City…isn’t he supposedly in one of those jam sessions or waiting to get in from outside? The music soundtrack with Josh Redman and others really is pretty good.

30. alleykat69 said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:40 pm

Panik’s locked in ever since his latest concussion, one small bright note..

31. zumiee said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:50 pm

Dodgers lost; I’ll take it.

32. pawliekokonuts said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:51 pm

If the Royals had gotten shut out tonight (they won), it would’ve been the first time in history a team was shut out five straight games. how about that Rhys Hopkins? how about Aaron Judge (benched!)?

• zumiee said, on August 29, 2017 at 10:00 pm

Judge was given a mental break. Another victim of the All Star Game home run contest.

33. pawliekokonuts said, on August 29, 2017 at 9:52 pm

I’m not obsessive. I just listened to Step InsideThis House by Lyle Lovett like 9 times.

34. zumiee said, on August 29, 2017 at 10:02 pm

After throwing a 10-inning one-hitter, Rich Hill gave up 5 runs in the first inning tonight.

35. snarkk said, on August 29, 2017 at 10:06 pm

Speaking of Rumors on this thread.
    When KNBR was a real radio station, Frank Dill would play “Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac off their Rumours album about twice every hour just after it got released. He obsessed over Stevie Nicks. He and Mike Cleary used to interview Don Nelson once a week while he was coaching the Dubs. One day, Nellie was talking thru the interview while walking his dogs on the roof of the Dubs’ practice facility in Oakland. Suddenly, radio silence. Frank asked if Nellie were alright. Nellie said yeah, he just had to stop, because Fritz (or whatever the dog’s name was) had to take a dump and Nellie didn’t want to disturb him…

36. alleykat69 said, on August 29, 2017 at 10:09 pm

Most Flappers will need a mental break as well after this season!

37. unca_chuck said, on August 29, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Naah, just listen to a little of this . . ,.

• zumiee said, on August 30, 2017 at 1:39 am

Devo doing a Jimi Hendrix tribute because….why not?

38. unca_chuck said, on August 29, 2017 at 11:13 pm

For some reason I’ve listened to Gut Feeling by Devo a lot lately.