More Giant Front Office Stupidity

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 5, 2017

Snarkk’s end of last thread rant about the Giants and Melancon really got me going. He’s spot on. Who cares what HE wants to do? Forget the front office, what do the gents in the back office have to say about this? Does the side office have any input? What in the goddamn Brad Ausmus is going on here??!!?!?!

Of course we can’t force him to get surgery. But we can control when he pitches in a game. With September call ups to use there is absolutely not a single valid reason Melancon can use regarding “helping the team”. If he keeps going out there, at this point, it’s for purely selfish reasons.
And where is Bochy in all of this? Why is he pitching this guy? Who cares if he can’t do any more damage to the elbow, a theory I am quite suspicious of anyway. Even if true, get the surgery done NOW, no athlete was ever done wrong by having ample recovery time in the off season. What if he has a set back? So then he misses the start of next year because he was gutting out meaningless appearances in September? Appearances that, at this point, should be going to every young pitcher we have for evaluation purposes.

SHUT MELANCON DOWN NOW!!!!!!!!!

1. willedav said, on September 5, 2017 at 7:15 am

It is Nepal ball where bullpens go to ruin and Giants are short a guy with Cain out of town entire series for personal reasons. Giants expected to call up one more pen guy. They’ve already added Okert and Law.
    He pitched an inning, saved an arm for later game and K’d 2 guys. There are lot more guys out there I wished they would shut down than him.

J D Martinez is #1. What a great payoff for AZ to get him given all the Dodgers SPs that are lefties—Opie Hill Wood plus Ryu. They have powerful LU and with him batting behind Golds, lookout.
    While Dodgers losing streak is meaningless at this point, the AZ winning streak is not. They’ve kicked Dodger booty in back to back series and will have that confidence should they meet again later for more important games.

2. djloo27 said, on September 5, 2017 at 7:39 am

Rockie announcers knew all about Melancon’s diagnosis which they discussed and a few minutes after they were wondering:

WHY…THE FUCK…IS HE PITCHING???

3. unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:22 am

Melancon said his medical file shows notations going back to 2012 in which he reported similar symptoms, but he never had an MRI exam to diagnose the issue because the discomfort would subside within a couple weeks.

“This year, it’s never subsided,” he said.

Throw Boston, Pittsburgh and Washington into the shitter on this. He didn’t bother to figure out what was wrong? They didn’t bother? A fucking 20 minute MRI 5 years ago would have seen this? Archaic doesn’t even begin to describe the mentality by these teams and Melancon himself.

Hmm, my job is to pitch and I’m having problems with my arm. The thing that makes me money. The thing that allows me to play a fucking game for millions of dollars. And all these medical staffs are like, “ahh, how do ya feel, champ? Good? Just temporary problems? OK, Here’s a $64 million contract. Don’t hurt your wrist inking the deal.”

4. willedav said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:35 am

OK so here’s my list of guys to shut down now:
    Sandoval. not even worth what SF is paying him, Give him a start a week and hope he gets off the 0 for.
    Pence. Done, period. giants should just release him and let him go play somewhere else or retire.
    Osich and Strick. let them play winter ball or something to try and figure it out. Rags can’t help them.
    Cain of course. Done.

And of course you could throw any SP beside Stratton in there, tho I think you’d have to pry ball loose from bum and Smardz and Cueto wants to confirm he’s OK and good to go for future reference. As long as Beede is on 40 man, no reason not to give him a start or 3 for his own benefit.

5. unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:51 am

Throw Span and Pence into the shit-pile as well. They aren’t contributing anything and might as well get out of the way of the AA guys.

6. chipower9 said, on September 5, 2017 at 9:06 am

I am just SO FUCKING READY for this meaningless piece of shit season to end, so we can see if the brass does anything to fix this fucking train wreck. I have almost completely checked-out and rarely dial-in a game anymore. Doesn’t mean I am not a huge fan any longer…just cannot see investing much time in watching.

• djloo27 said, on September 5, 2017 at 9:39 am

Why don’t you do a countdown till pitchers and catchers depart?

• chipower9 said, on September 5, 2017 at 9:51 am

LMAO. Now that is the kind of brilliance that comes only from DJLoo!

7. unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 9:25 am

The Giants are background noise at best. Actually, I’m morbidly curious to see how they fuck up a given game on any given day. The walk-off walk was pretty engrossing.

That being said, Joe West should be put out to pasture and castrated.

8. zumiee said, on September 5, 2017 at 9:49 am

Lately I find more baseball entertainment in Dodger games, rooting for them to lose.

9. gianthead said, on September 5, 2017 at 10:01 am

And Boch down to .500….is there a resignation watch today???

I love this portentous losing slump by the FHead Fodgers…I can smell the stink coming off their forthcoming playoff meltdown. Will be as stink-ass the Twin Peaks finale. Without question, not even close, worst shit I have ever seen on tv…and I was a Twin Peaks fanatic 27 years ago…

I have mentally moved on to fantasy football…binged Ozark over the last week and will begin a Narcos binge tonight…

• unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 10:02 am

David Lynch got tired of the network telling him how to run his show so he fucked it sideways. I just watched the 2nd season from way back and that’s when he jumped the shark.

10. unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 10:01 am

I think I’d feel a little better if Bochy was actually getting riled up about the state of things. When the home run was taken away, he should have at least gone out and argued, whether you can or not. When West gave Colo the walk in the bottom of the 9th on 3 strikes, he should have gotten tossed.

He acts like no one cares including himself.

• willedav said, on September 5, 2017 at 10:57 am

afterward he seemed upset Williamson didn’t catch the ball from Blackmon that started all the shit. He rarely calls out one of his guys. Wonder if they would hand things over to Nevin or look elsewhere? Or if any heads above his roll too?

• snarkk said, on September 5, 2017 at 10:59 am

Bochy’s ire usually correlates to size and length of contract, or lack thereof in Williamson’s case…

11. snarkk said, on September 5, 2017 at 10:57 am

Love Chuck’s comments above on Melancon.
    Giants HAD to know to some extent that he was having forearm issues for years.
    Whatever due diligence they did, they rolled $64 million dice anyway, without an MRI. Smells like desperation signing.
    Hey, Giants that assistant GM job? Here’s my resume. Scout and assistant to GM jobs for 22 years with 3 other orgs, including currently the Dbacks. I scouted and signed Goldschmidt and Lamb. Nah, no need to check that…

12. Stan Shell said, on September 5, 2017 at 11:08 am

I’ve been watching the increasingly strident, snarky comments by you guys regarding the incredible shitty season the Giants and their management has served up. Many, if not most all of your comments, I agree with. but, what I haven’t seen is a lot of legitimate trade proposal. We all want management to draft players that win, but what can we do with what we have?

Here’s my proposals:
    1. Trade Posey to a prospect rich AL team. He would be great as a spot starter at C and 1B and then DL the rest of the time. He should bring a “can’t miss” OFr.

2. If you don’t like #1, then trade Belt. Excellent fielding 1B with plenty of power for teams with a short RF fence. he should also bring a “can’t miss” Prospect. Posey plays 1b every day.

3. Trade (or cut) Span, Okert or Osich, Kontos, Strickland Calixte. and Williamson for any young prospect(s) with a chance.

4. DFA Panda and Cain.

5. Retire Bochy.

I realize that most of these are obvious, but we have to start somewhere.

• gianthead said, on September 5, 2017 at 11:42 am

Stan, you must be fairly newbie because I have raised nearly all of your proposals, especially the idea of trading Posey I raised this off-season. I think Atlanta would love to bring home a local kid. He would be the most popular Brave easily overnight.

Belt and Strickland were my top 2 to be dealt to Yankees…

I go all in for Stanton trade and then a crazy deal next off-season for Machado as a free agent…wtf…I can dream right…

• chipower9 said, on September 5, 2017 at 1:44 pm

As others have mentioned, all of this, and more, have been kicked-up and down the street numerous times. Problem with moving Posey is he has a full no-trade clause, so it would have to be to some place he wants to play.

13. Stan Shell said, on September 5, 2017 at 11:09 am

Stan Shell, A.K.A OSF.

14. snarkk said, on September 5, 2017 at 11:16 am

OSF.
    All 5 of those and more have been floated this season ad nauseum here, including various combos and versions.
    Hard to trade Kontos, since Evans waived him at the deadline, Bucs picked him up then for nada — so he’s been with the Bucs since Aug 1, now on their DL. I would love to see some blockbuster moves in the offseason that catch Flappers off guard, but IMO a redux on the level of Matt Williams trade will never happen with this management. Especially now when the trade bait cupboard is bare in the Giants minors. More likely SF will sign some FAs at overprice amounts, like Span…

• Stan Shell said, on September 5, 2017 at 10:17 pm

Snarkk, I don’t get much coverage up here in the Oregon papers. Also, since I don’t watch them much anymore I didn’t know they dumped him. Finally! OSF

15. unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 11:27 am

• unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 11:29 am

Huh? I posted that 2 hours ago. And my last post just disappeared.

I said OSF, the reason it is obvious is because we’ve been saying this all season, and more. Up to and including trading Nooner.

• gianthead said, on September 5, 2017 at 11:35 am

Apparently he never directed any of season 2 except the finale and that may also be a reason it was totally f’d. But giving him 18 hours of nonesense hopefully will get some Showtime executives fired.

He literally had 9 minutes of Cooper and “Laura Palmer” driving in a car with nothing of importance and no discussion of the dead guy in her living room. And another episode showed for 3 fucking minutes someone sweeping the floor of the bar…asinine to make a meaningless shit show for 18 hours. I could have done that…Lynch must have done so much LSD that he is completely inside his own monologue…

16. gianthead said, on September 5, 2017 at 11:29 am

And Panda 0-32…who could have seen that coming???

• snarkk said, on September 5, 2017 at 12:01 pm

The Red Sox?
      Giants fans?…

• gianthead said, on September 5, 2017 at 12:06 pm

I hope you all are reading my dripping sarcasm into my question…

17. mrsprtdude said, on September 5, 2017 at 11:29 am

My prediction for the 2018 SF Giants.
    6 of the starting 8 will be EXACTLY the same as now. They may go out and get a new LF. Arroyo will start at 3rd. I would say 60/40 that they won’t. They will say “Park / Mac didn’t get a fair look due to injuries. We know those guys can help our team. They will compete”.
    Rotation? Exactly the same as now. Bum Cueto Smarj Moore, Blach with Stratton the long man.
    Bullpen? 2 new guys to add to the mix we have now. One will be Smith right? Re sign Dyson?
    Only wild card is a Belt trade, which i don’t see happening.
    Better hope for one last hurrah from our vets:)

• chipower9 said, on September 5, 2017 at 1:46 pm

I think that is a pretty accurate synopsis sport dude.

• Stan Shell said, on September 5, 2017 at 10:19 pm

Sigh……….OSF

18. unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 11:30 am

Just about every Red Sox fan . . . anf 1.5 million Giants fans.

19. unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 11:41 am

You guys may not, but I’m giving Crawford a pass this season. He says it doesn’t weigh on him, but it has to. Death for someone that young and close to him is daunting at best.

My wish list is that Pence and Cain retire. Save us the from the front office hand-wringing over these guys. Lose the pen and refurbish that. Span and LF du jour needs to be figured out (DFAed) as well. Seeing an entirely new OF would be a blessing. I’m done with Mac. Parker can be the 4th OFer. Fuck Gorkys. If we can’t replace him, we aren’t a major league team.

Thing is, ANY trade at this point weakens an already weak team. We will not get value for anyone, short of middling AA prospects. We are relegated to the FA market to improve things.

We’ve all been going circles on Strychnine, but at this point, he’s proven to be a bit of an airhead. Again, he should be someone who we can replace fairly easily. My wife putting him into housing notwithstanding.

• zumiee said, on September 5, 2017 at 11:56 am

Craw and his wife recently gave a little more insight into their situation; in addition to the death of her sister, Craw’s wife also had a miscarriage earlier this year. She said it’s been an emotional struggle for her this season when he’s on the road with the team. And I’m sure she feels bad about adding to his concerns, in a season he’s struggling in, and that probably leads to her feeling guilty and having more depression. A vicious cycle. The Crawfords will just be happy to get this season over with, no doubt.

20. snarkk said, on September 5, 2017 at 11:46 am

For enjoyment and amusement. Bochy says some amusing things, IMO, the usual stuff that BF can skewer. Example: “We’ve got a few guys cold with the bats,”
    Yeah, and lately it’s been a little wet in Houston…

21. gianthead said, on September 5, 2017 at 11:51 am

Regarding Melancon…didnt we have a young starter ’96-’97 with same muscle compression issue? What was his name??? And if that case is any comparison, we are fucked.

They better have had a good insurance policy on Melancon. But F Melancon for his deception and is there any more need for damnation of the medical staff??? This is ridiculous…since we won three WS this does not feel like rock bottom as ’85 or 1992 as we all thought they were Tampa bound, but this is true rock bottom.

We got Roger Craig and then Will the Thrill to resurrect the franchise and then Magowan did the unthinkable and made the most important deal in SF history in bringing in Bonds.

We need that kind of injection of wholesale change. A deal for Stanton (get Bonds on the phone to Stanton) and new fucking manager that is going to care…new mgmt as well. Is Theo available????

• zumiee said, on September 5, 2017 at 12:00 pm

You mean Noah Lowry? I don’t know if it was the same situation, but I do remember they had a hard time diagnosing Lowry’s problem, and I think he has accused the team of malpractice and maybe even sued them. I don’t remember all the details.

• gianthead said, on September 5, 2017 at 12:08 pm

Zum, it was Lowry and I think he did get a settlement for the lack of proper treatment….

• snarkk said, on September 5, 2017 at 12:15 pm

Giants medicos cut on Lowry’s throwing forearm, when the problem was he had Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. TOS is a compression of the nerve bundle in the notch between the first rib and the collarbone. His problem had zilch to do with forearm structures. After the surgery, and the symptoms of arm and hand neuropathy persisted, he went to another set of docs of his own choosing who diagnosed it properly as TOS in short order. Oops. The symptoms of TOS are pretty hard to miss as a possible diagnosis, IMO. How the Giants medicos missed it, or considered and ditched it, I have no idea. It usually is diagnosed with a combo of MRI / x-ray study and nerve conduction testing (EMG or similar, which is NOT fun — think of the electrical zot you get when you hit your elbow funny bone, only a bunch of them). Stretching program for the scalene muscles of the neck and surrounding muscles can usually help relieve it; but worst cases or to solve quickly you can remove first rib to eliminate the nerve compression, which is what his MDs did to Lowry, I believe. He lawyered up and some kind of action was done with Giants (lawsuit maybe, I can’t find actual note of it via Google), but I believe the matter was resolved amicably, and as far as I know he’s cool with them now. Think he lives up in North Bay, last I heard…

• unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 12:40 pm

Hmmm, protect my multi-million dollar arm, or get treatments that might sting a little?

The mind boggles.

The point here being, Lowry was misdiagnosed for a couple years. Melancon has been actively ignoring and hiding his symptoms from various teams.

22. unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 12:55 pm

Lowry was mid 2000’s btw.

23. snarkk said, on September 5, 2017 at 1:08 pm

Giants Pen?
    The only guys I’d bring back to STraining are Dyson, Smith, Melancon (have to, because of contract), Crick, Suarez. That’s it.
    I’d trash the rest of the Pen, and change it all out. Seen enough of Law, Okert, Osich, Musclehead, Gearin. All those dudes have proved it is worth trying replacements. If I had to keep 2, it would be Law and Okert, to see if they are salvageable…

24. unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Interesting shit in the article above:
    __________________________________

Their personnel is the problem, but they also lack a bona fide outfield coach on the staff following the dismissal of Roberto Kelly after last season. And there are times this year when Bochy has questioned the outfield positioning.

Asked if he thought Blackmon’s ball was a play that should have been made, given how far Williamson had to run from his deep, no-doubles position, Bochy blinked as if he didn’t hear the question properly.

“Well yeah, the ball was up there a long time,” Bochy said. “I don’t know why he’d be on the track. I’m not a big believer in being that far back.”

Williamson said the wind was “doing some funky things” and he was conscious of how well the ball carries while playing extra deep.

“I was really trying to get behind the ball,” he said. “It’s a long way to run but they’re not going to be hit right to you every time. If you get close enough to get a glove to it, you expect to make the play.”
    __________________________________

So, Wotus is responsible for the OF positioning? Or lack thereof? Beyond that, Mac misread the fuck out of that ball.

• snarkk said, on September 5, 2017 at 1:24 pm

Kuiper this morning dissed Baggs for saying the Giants don’t have an outfield coach, which Kelly used to be. Kuiper said that Cody Ross comes in now and then to coach them, so Baggs was wrong. Which to me, admits exactly that they really don’t have a dedicated OF coach, and Baggs was right. Kuiper and Kruk cover for the Giants management big time. If Williamson was out there positioning himself with no coaching direction, that is total BS at the major league level. The more we hear about the onfield management this season, the more I believe major change is in order for this organization. After all, you don’t luck into being one of the worst, it not the worst team, in the major leagues…

25. unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Now and then? Jesus. this smacks of amateur bullshit. They gonna blackball Baggarly now?

Again though, Williamson ran 15′ sideways on the track before breaking in at a sprint to try and catch the ball. He misread it terribly. Even if he was positioned too deep, he still should have caught it.

26. willedav said, on September 5, 2017 at 1:37 pm

Last thing about a guy I’m tired of hearing about:
    Yes Melancon has had an issue with pain for 5 yrs. which includes the AS seasons he saved 90% of games. In those years what bothered him soon went away–this year it did not. In those years he could get guys out and then recover. He never fully recovered this year but he can still get guys out, just like yesterday. Yes Bochy could refuse to use him. The guy wants to play and stick it out. For that I salute him.

Everyone knew Giants needed a closer–Evans signed best guy he could zero problem with it. Larger problem was relying on all the new guys Giants overvalued. I am not in line with conspiracy theories on Giants med staff either. Health of ML players is an expensive business that gets monitored daily on all teams by trained professionals.

No one here could possibly know what went on at his physical or what goes on day to day btw him and coaches. I’d be more suspicious of the one on Sandoval given the results. He’s not ready to play baseball at this level.

• unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Like I said, this guy relies on his arm to make his living, and he chose to ignore it for years, much like Cain did, and it is coming back to bite him. Sure he got his 64 mill, but someone pays the piper. And it is us.

27. djloo27 said, on September 5, 2017 at 2:59 pm

I think we have just entered an era that will resemble 1972-1985. Mediocre to shitty Giant teams in a division with much more talented ones. There might be an occasional good year where they surprise you and contend for awhile but then revert to shit the year after…

• James said, on September 5, 2017 at 3:52 pm

The one difference is that this team does have money. By itself, it’s probably not sufficient to make the post season consistently, but if you spend enough $$$ over time, a 14-year stretch as bad as 1972-85 would be hard to replicate. Thank goodness for the wild card.

28. zumiee said, on September 5, 2017 at 3:36 pm

Outfield positioning? The Dodger outfielders carry cards with them in their back pocket that help them with positioning. The Dodgers wanted to go with little electronic gizmos for their players, but the league ruled they can’t use them. But that’s the thing- they’re looking at every innovative angle they can.
    There was an article the other day about the Giants ramping up their sabermetrics dept. this upcoming off-season. Clearly they know something has to be done. The Giants are getting destroyed in the sport now, and they’ve got to join the sport as it is now.

• James said, on September 5, 2017 at 4:04 pm

The fact that that the entire public face of the team, from the stadium scoreboard to the announcers, still ignores or treats a simple and highly accurate benchmark like OPS as some arcane curiosity is all you need to know.

29. zumiee said, on September 5, 2017 at 4:00 pm

Speaking of baseball and technology- the Red Sox organization has admitted that their team has been using a video relay system to steal catchers’ signs and relay the information to their batters. Very New England Patriots-ish.

30. djloo27 said, on September 5, 2017 at 4:06 pm

Just for fun would you send Bum, Posey and Belt to Atlanta for Freeman, Teheran and Enciarte?

• Flavor said, on September 5, 2017 at 4:13 pm

I’d do that. Free up some $$$ to start over with FA signings. Plus, all 3 of those guys are pretty good, all 3 of our guys are not as good as everyone thinks they are….

• snarkk said, on September 5, 2017 at 4:37 pm

I’m up for any kind of trades and moves. The more, the better, including the FO and management.
      When you are the worst team in the majors for 1 1/2 seasons, it’s time to make something happen other than a tweak here and there, and grab another handful of scrap heap dudes…

• James said, on September 5, 2017 at 5:47 pm

What does Zumie’s wife think about this deal?

31. Flavor said, on September 5, 2017 at 5:08 pm

the other difference between the ’72–’85 era: nobody was going to those games. And you have to assume that at some point the season ticket holders will stop paying for this slop. They can’t all be so easy and carefree, can they? If they care at all, if this keeps up, they’ll chuck their season tickets and then the ball will be in Baer’s court–go with tiny tweaks or do drastic things. He’s going tiny tweaks until the money train dries up.

• James said, on September 5, 2017 at 5:52 pm

Yep, seeing the stands on Saturday must have been pretty jarring, heat wave or not.

32. Macdog said, on September 5, 2017 at 5:51 pm

I watched by daughter’s soccer team beat Keystone College today. Keystone’s nickname? The Giants, ha ha.

33. snarkk said, on September 5, 2017 at 6:14 pm

Today, SF recalled right-hander Reyes Moronta (younger, possible RHP prospect) and purchased the contract of right-hander Roberto Gomez (older RHP). Slater up. Moncrief sent packing. No more callups planned…

• Flavor said, on September 5, 2017 at 6:52 pm

not sure sending Moncrief packing was the right call. There is always room for some gold glove action on the bench, late inning games, especially if we ever get around to signing some big, dumb burly guys to play the OF.

• snarkk said, on September 5, 2017 at 6:58 pm

The guy was a journeyman minor leaguer. We’ll probably see him back and half a dozen like him next Spring…

34. zumiee said, on September 5, 2017 at 7:07 pm

“What does Zumie’s wife think about this deal?”

She’s been pretty miffed at the Braves for a couple of years. It’s one thing to rebuild, but the Braves did a really drastic tear-down. There are former Braves all over the place now, helping other teams win.

• djloo27 said, on September 5, 2017 at 7:22 pm

Possibly my favorite Brave. I thought he was on his way to a big career but it didn’t quite happen…

35. Flavor said, on September 5, 2017 at 7:26 pm

Sure Pablo is oh(doh!) for his last 36 but he’s still a long way from Count Chocula’s record of 46 in a row…..

• James said, on September 5, 2017 at 7:56 pm

He was another dimwitted hackin’ favorite of Bochy’s who got way too much rope.

• djloo27 said, on September 5, 2017 at 7:57 pm

He’s sure looked good in the field.
      Maybe winter ball would help him find his stroke.
      It’s gotta be in there somewhere…

• James said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:08 pm

He’s been in decline since age 24, Loo. I am very grateful for those 3 HRs in the 2012 WS.

36. djloo27 said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:02 pm

The “IRS” stat is too easily skewed to really take seriously…

• unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:09 pm

In Gearrin’s case, it isn’t.

• djloo27 said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:12 pm

I believe you…

• James said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:26 pm

It is not a stat that helps predict anything about a pitcher’s future value.

37. djloo27 said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:06 pm

That’s Romo’s number, but I think the uni is a size or two larger…

38. snarkk said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:13 pm

Has Law or Osich gotten a 1-2-3 inning at least once this year? Law suxxxx, and I thiink he’s one they should try one more STraining to see if he can get it together. I doubt it, though…

39. alleykat69 said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:13 pm

I see the Giants brought up Pablo’s eating partner.Shit they don’t even bother getting on their minor leaguers anymore..

40. unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:14 pm

Fucking Williamson is pretty much worse than me. I can field a base hit and catch fly balls fairly easily. He struggles with the entire game now.

41. unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:16 pm

Cue Benny Hill . . .

42. snarkk said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:20 pm

Nothing personal, but Osich stinks…

43. djloo27 said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:23 pm

Sometimes, I really miss this guy…

44. djloo27 said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:32 pm

I refuse to believe that there is no exit strategy in place for Bochy and I expect the announcement to come within 24 hours of the season finale…

45. unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Huh. Without the hijinks we’d be tied.

46. djloo27 said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:44 pm

WTF???

• James said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:47 pm

Just call him Pablo Pence Posey.

• djloo27 said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:50 pm

That might’ve been the worst swing of Posey’s career…

47. unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 8:55 pm

Jebus. Unreal. How bout that operation, Melonhead?

48. unca_chuck said, on September 5, 2017 at 9:00 pm

And the beat (down) goes on!

49. Macdog said, on September 5, 2017 at 9:22 pm

We are the worst.

50. Stan Shell said, on September 5, 2017 at 10:30 pm

Can we trade our roster for any other team?

51. zumiee said, on September 5, 2017 at 10:56 pm