Crown Their Asses

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 22, 2017

The Art Dealers will be getting their fun little division crown this weekend. That’s cute. They’ll over-celebrate as usual.

I think the ultimate outcome, which I am certain will end with another painful post season failure, probably rests on Yu. If he can stay healthy and ramp it up when the games count he could be what they need to make it interesting. Although you could make the case that Kershaw needs to pick it up too. He’s been pretty un_Kersh like since he came back from yet another injury. The rest of their SP is not built to last into Oct. Hill? Wood? Ryu? Please, none of those guys are post season material.

But they can worry about all of that later. This weekend is about the fruits of their labor being recognized. Enjoy the crown. It’s your stepping stone to yet another season cut short with an L.

1. zumiee said, on September 22, 2017 at 6:48 am

The whole sport over-celebrates. The other sports probably just shake their heads at baseball’s champagne celebrations every round.

2. alleykat69 said, on September 22, 2017 at 6:57 am

Fuck LA!!!!!!
    I will be doing the knowing nod when they flame out in the 1st round!!

3. Flavor said, on September 22, 2017 at 7:34 am

Totally happy with last night’s Niner game. Lose every game for all I care. I want that USC QB. Fuck giving Cousins a shit load of $$$$. And Shanny doesn’t have to worry about losing and getting pink slipped. Plus, that game was pretty entertaining. All good in my book. If we win 3 games i’ll be surprised but that should still put us in line for #1 pick. Two wins would be better. I’m an unapologetic Tanker.

• snarkk said, on September 22, 2017 at 9:06 am

I’m a big fan of tanking. Not that I watch NFL any more, but QB is it. You got one, you’re good, you don’t, you’re not. Period. Any win this year is a step towards not getting a top QB. Be entertaining, and lose. The Dubs tanked and got Barnes. He helped them win a title…

• wilcojoe said, on September 22, 2017 at 9:37 am

I hope the Cal-USC game is half as good as the Texas game last week. If Cal plays defense like they did last week, it very well could be.

• zumiee said, on September 22, 2017 at 11:48 am

And USC is a fun team to root against.

4. willedav said, on September 22, 2017 at 7:56 am

Flav, buddy of mine who is stone Redskins fan said the same thing after first week game— If Niners want to hand Cousins keys to the vault go f-ing right ahead.

I looked up Giants game log on B/R and the losing started early dropping all those games to NL West. Giants won 9 games in April and lost 17. After OK May they won 9 each in June and July. Tho they have played LA tough, the other 3 have owned them something like 18-33.

Obviously, to finish ahead of any team in NL West they will have to beat these guys head up.

Any chance they get Nunez back? 39-63 while he was there, WAN 21-30 .392 since. When he left he was hitting .300 .750 OPS and playing OK 3b. Who does that next year?

5. willedav said, on September 22, 2017 at 8:13 am

Hella comeback by Niners last night after getting down by 14 when I started watching. Have to check out Chuck’s blog; Nip must be dancing with his Yuban.

Funny but so many teams in Pac12 have had dynamic QBs last few years with one big exception–Shaw and Stanford since A Luck days. Lot of these kids that went elsewhere in the league played HS ball in Calif too. He’s got plenty of “athletes” at other positions so I’m not buying the academics excuse.

6. snarkk said, on September 22, 2017 at 9:13 am

Panik as trade chip.
    Surprisingly, he’s arguably now the worst fielding 2d baseman in the NL.

7. wilcojoe said, on September 22, 2017 at 9:48 am

I never thought the Giants would have the balls to trade Bum but after reading that Sabean interview I would put it at 50/50 heading into the offseason. If some team is dumb enough (and there always is at least one) to give up a shitload of top prospects for him, how do you say no? Do it around Christmas when everyone is complaing about the Niners and the Warriors are stealing the headlines. Maybe the lunatic fringe won’t notice.

8. alleykat69 said, on September 22, 2017 at 11:08 am

Hey I don’t know WTF the refs were lookin at on Trent Taylor’s offensive push off penalty but it was total BS and the killer play going for the FG to win it!! Even Collinsworth&Trico were saying Oooh don’t see that..

9. unca_chuck said, on September 22, 2017 at 2:17 pm

Yeah, finally seeing the 2nd half. Hell of a game. Garcon is a stud. Hoyer came around after a horrible start.

Linebackers are awful. The Rams had about 10 3rd down plays where the zone coverage was the MLB Ray Ray running in circles way out of position.

• unca_chuck said, on September 22, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Wow. That call on Taylor was horrible. As were a lot of others. These refs are getting as bad as the umps.

10. Flavor said, on September 22, 2017 at 2:32 pm

• djloo27 said, on September 22, 2017 at 3:18 pm

I’m really happy for him. I feel his joy. I think he helped make it happen…

• Flavor said, on September 22, 2017 at 4:34 pm

i liked that tune he busted into, not a bad voice at all. And it was funny how he tells his buddy and he just quietly goes “fuck yeah.”

• djloo27 said, on September 22, 2017 at 4:47 pm

He’s a massive talent…

11. theroooster said, on September 22, 2017 at 3:27 pm

“Follow Hunter and Lexi Pence around for a day, leading up to a game in San Francisco” :
    Must-see video for any Giants fan! And what an insightful article!

• djloo27 said, on September 22, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Embarrassing…

12. Bruce Moeller said, on September 22, 2017 at 3:30 pm

I think Kelby Tomlinson is on the juice. He’s getting huge,and hitting 490 foot HR’s. Any thoughts?

• zumiee said, on September 22, 2017 at 3:42 pm

He doesn’t have the good stuff like Turner, though.

13. zumiee said, on September 22, 2017 at 6:23 pm

The Hunter and Lexi video was OK, in my opinion. I don’t see a problem with it. Blaming Lexi for Hunter’s declining baseball abilities is ridiculous, in my opinion. He got old. It happens. They make videos; if people don’t like the videos, they can ignore them.

14. willedav said, on September 22, 2017 at 6:42 pm

Just for fun I clicked on Mrs. Bride to Beede twitter stuff. Wow, if that’s what people want to put out there for everyone to see, fine. But why anyone beside someone looking for further evidence of Darwin affect/ signs of apocalypse would do that is beyond me.

• Flavor said, on September 22, 2017 at 6:46 pm

it’s beyond fucking stupid and I can’t believe Beede goes along with it. It’s a bad sign for him IMO. All he cares about is banging this chick and uploading stupid shit on social media. I get the “banging her” part but how about focusing more on making it to the major leagues instead of painting your fucking door yellow and snapping 10 trillion pics with your girl?

15. pawliekokonuts said, on September 22, 2017 at 7:24 pm

men are so weak

16. zumiee said, on September 22, 2017 at 8:14 pm

A great example of why Smarj sucks. Sure his fastball has movement, but it’s all flat on the same plane. It’s all horizontal movement, and easier for the batter to track.

• zumiee said, on September 22, 2017 at 8:16 pm

What a stiff, and we’re stuck with him.

• djloo27 said, on September 22, 2017 at 9:52 pm

Like with Zito, they probably outbid themselves to get him…

17. Macdog said, on September 22, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Yeah, beat guys tweet-gushing over his 200 Ks and 200 IP, whoop-dee-damn-do when his ERA’s over 4.50.

18. zumiee said, on September 22, 2017 at 8:39 pm

I don’t see why Smarj should bat to lead off the 5th.

19. theroooster said, on September 22, 2017 at 8:41 pm

Greinke lit up tonight against the Fish : 4 IP, 9 H, 3 HR, 8 ER

20. zumiee said, on September 22, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Smarj gets $20 million a year, I think, until 2020. Good grief.

21. zumiee said, on September 22, 2017 at 8:51 pm

Bochy let Smarj bat lead off in the 5th. That’s a lousy bit of managing.

22. unca_chuck said, on September 22, 2017 at 9:00 pm

Samarj is probably hiring better than3/4 of the team.

23. zumiee said, on September 22, 2017 at 10:03 pm

Terrible AB from Span, but why care?

24. zumiee said, on September 22, 2017 at 10:13 pm

Ryder takes strike three down the middle. Man, this team sucks.

• djloo27 said, on September 22, 2017 at 10:16 pm

And is going to for a long time…

• zumiee said, on September 22, 2017 at 11:05 pm

Yep. The hope is they draft well.

25. snarkk said, on September 22, 2017 at 10:28 pm

Headin’ to the Cal / USC game tomorrow.
    Should be great – 12:30 start, sunny early Fall weather. I’ll grab a giant latte at the Cafe Strada (ex Roma) on the way up Bancroft, and into the stadium and lookout over the Bay and across to the Golden Gate. One of the best venues for football in the country.
    Maybe the Bears can make a game of it…

• zumiee said, on September 22, 2017 at 10:42 pm

Cal and Stanford (and the Giants) should always have day games when they’re at home on Saturdays.

• zumiee said, on September 22, 2017 at 10:43 pm

Have a great time, Snarkk!

• snarkk said, on September 22, 2017 at 10:53 pm

Will give it a good shot zumiee!
        I always get an energy jolt back in my ol’ Berkeley stompin’ grounds on a glorious Autumn afternoon. Should be 60,000+ at the stadium.
        Even better if the Bears keep it interesting against the Trojenz.
        Seriously, the biggest and only downer issue with going to SC games is the SC band’s constant playing of that friggin Fight Song during the game. They know it POs the home team crowd. The better part is the USC cheerleaders — I’m taking my binoculars…

26. willedav said, on September 23, 2017 at 7:23 am

Have fun Snarkk. Won’t be able to see this one, but I’m interested to see how Cal’s O does; they’ll have to score some points to keep up with Darnold and Spoiled Children. What I saw last week was lot of drops by wideouts and even the QB dropped the snap in shotgun 2 or 3 times. League is top heavy—good showcase if Cal can give them a battle.