Beating The Drunk and Resting?

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 25, 2017

Lucky us, we get to play another team who just clinched a post season spot. Hangover line up for AZ tonight. We will take it.

Is this Cueto’s last start? Hopefully. What a drag of a year it was for him. And the stitches on the ball won’t be changing, mlb digs the juiced ball. I don’t know what he’s going to have to do to keep his fingers straight but if he doesn’t get it right he’ll be mostly worthless next season….

1. willedav said, on September 25, 2017 at 7:21 am

wow cool stuff end of last thread.
    No more anthems before games? I’m in, they’re dumb.
    Great day to be a Chiefs fan–they romp/Raiders and Broncos look terrible on road.

Buddy of mine was in Vegas for a big b-ball tourney. Just doesn’t see locals buying into stadium and paying to watch Raiders play—too easy to hit casinos for a better experience, food drink big screens et al.

Cueto being better has to be part of turnaround of Giants pitching. He’s had some good outings since coming back and I do believe he’s not a 4.50 ERA guy. Smardz Bum Blach? we’ll see. Stratton now at 4.15.
    No matter how many or few bombs Giants hit, they can’t be in lower half of pitching stats and survive with SPs at ERAs that high.

• Flavor said, on September 25, 2017 at 7:39 am

yup. Agree on everything you said here. Still feel strongly about the need for more power but agree on the pitching comment.

• willedav said, on September 25, 2017 at 8:34 am

I just don’t see how they could make big trade to get more pop into LU. I think the chances of them trading Bum are slim and none and of course JD Mart and any other power hitter isn’t coming in as FA either.
      A Moustakas or Cain I could see but that isn’t going to dramatically increase power. we’ll see.

I did see where Roberts went off on Puig, with baserunning gaffe Friday (apparently went on his own and injured himself on the CS) catalyst for a rant where he said, “I need players I can trust.”

2. wilcojoe said, on September 25, 2017 at 8:49 am

One of my pet peeves about Astros games is that the concession stand workers all stop what their doing during the national anthem. Your five back in line and your jonesing to get to your seat before first pitch and they pull that shit? I think I might take a knee the next time it happens.

3. Macdog said, on September 25, 2017 at 8:56 am

I didn’t realize D-Backs also clinched home game for the wild card, since it’s still possible (though very unlikely) for D-Backs and Rox to finish with same record, but D-Backs won season series 11-8 so that must be the tiebreaker.

This stat kinda blew me away: J.D. Martinez has hit 27 homers in his 2 1/2 months with the D-backs.

4. sfsarge said, on September 25, 2017 at 8:56 am

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe I am the only Black flapper and even if you disagree with the kneeling for the pledge. There’s got to be a really good reason that it’s being done. I served in the Army for 8.5 years as a combat medic. I have friends that didn’t make it home. I get sent to some god-forsaken hell hole 7500 miles away from home where people were trying to kill us. Only to come home on leave and get racially profiled by the police. This was an easy one, they only ran my plates and followed me home. I have been pretty lucky I’ve only been followed and detained a few times because I “fit the description” but my brothers and friends not so much. My brother was stopped and thrown into the car, beaten all the way to the police station and thrown in jail for a week before he was allowed to call anyone (he was assaulted in a road rage incident by a white man in his 50’s and my brother broke the guy’s nose in self defense after the other guy got out of his car and punched my brother through the window). My point is this, people are more outraged at the protest than they are at the reason for the protest. I’m sorry if people aren’t happy with people not standing up for a song. Do you know what it’s like to be nervous all the time when there is a cop behind you?

And I know that not all cops are bad, I have some very good friends who are police officers and they are great guys and they are really trying to help their communities.

I will be in and out all day, do forgive me if I take a while to respond.

• snarkk said, on September 25, 2017 at 9:28 am

With you sarge. There is a reason Drumpf calls players like Kap SOBs in front of an Alabama crowd. And it’s not coincidence. People tolerate NFL players who beat their girlfriends. But a black player protesting peacefully against police brutality and murder against black citizens — no, that’s unacceptable? This country is losing its soul to an idiot…

• blade3colorado said, on September 25, 2017 at 5:26 pm

No words. Love you very much. 😦

• xoot said, on September 25, 2017 at 8:13 pm

post of the year

5. Flavor said, on September 25, 2017 at 9:47 am

One issue I have with the current kneeling: it doesn’t seem to be as much about Kap’s original point as it does with the players getting called “SOB’s” by Drumpf. Same with the owners: are they out there to protest police brutality and racial profiling or are they out there because they’re bottom line may be affected? So I’m wondering what the actual message is today.
    But I’m 100% behind anyone who wants to kneel or sit for the anthem. And Sarge I can’t imagine what it must be like to live your life nervously wondering what the police in your rear view mirror may be about to do.

• sfsarge said, on September 25, 2017 at 9:56 am

I do think the kneeling yesterday was much more of an eff you to Comrade Cheeto than anything else. But if that’s what it takes to get people talking about real issues, then so be it.

Funny how all these tweets took place right after it was announced the Robert Mueller investigation was getting hot and heavy on looking at what’s been going on in the white house. Classic misdirection. The idiot is not a dummy.

6. snarkk said, on September 25, 2017 at 10:03 am

No question Drumpf uses his periodic Nuremberg rallies as misdirection for his total failure elsewhere and the latest scent of scandal that comes out with regularity…

7. sfsarge said, on September 25, 2017 at 12:43 pm

Totally agree with everything Willie said in his 7:21 btw, Cueto isn’t this crappy. I really think he needs the off-season to get that blister together. I didn’t notice any mention of Moore, do you think there are any takers for him? He should be able to get packaged up in a deal for a bat, no?

• Flavor said, on September 25, 2017 at 1:16 pm

No team wants Moore.

• snarkk said, on September 25, 2017 at 1:51 pm

Giants said they are either reupping Moore or already have, for next year. Not sure which, that was last week I think. Rolling dice he’ll get his S together for $ 9 million or whatever it is. IMO they had no choice but to do that…

8. unca_chuck said, on September 25, 2017 at 1:20 pm

lesmoore

9. Flavor said, on September 25, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Cueto facing an absolute shit Dbacks line up tonight. If he can’t shut those chumps down he’s a lost cause.

• Macdog said, on September 25, 2017 at 3:42 pm

The Hangover, Part 2:

LF Gregor Blanco
      SS Kris Negron
      2B Brandon Drury
      1B C. Walker
      CF Rey Fuentes
      3B Adam Rosales
      RF J. Hazelbaker
      C J. Murphy
      P Zack Godley

10. zumiee said, on September 25, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Speaking of Flannery, his music career is pretty cool. This song has kind of a Neil Young vibe. Love the album cover. 🙂

11. Flavor said, on September 25, 2017 at 5:18 pm

at least he was over there doing something?

• zumiee said, on September 25, 2017 at 6:18 pm

Or pretending to do something?

12. snarkk said, on September 25, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Bochy on KNBR saying right now that no need to change much for next year; look at Dbacks, they are in post season now, were dog meat last year. The PR for offseason “do not much” has begun …

• Flavor said, on September 25, 2017 at 6:37 pm

that HAS to just be to keep selling tickets to the lemmings who don’t have a brain…..

13. snarkk said, on September 25, 2017 at 6:41 pm

Mac went 3-3 off Kershaw, so of course he’s not in today against a RHP. Instead we get Span and Pence starting in an absolutely meaningless game…

14. zumiee said, on September 25, 2017 at 7:31 pm

The payroll dictates there won’t be many changes.

15. zumiee said, on September 25, 2017 at 7:43 pm

We’re losing to scrubs.

16. zumiee said, on September 25, 2017 at 7:57 pm

Hey, now we’re beating the scrubs.

• snarkk said, on September 25, 2017 at 8:01 pm

Giants ARE scrubs…

• djloo27 said, on September 25, 2017 at 8:07 pm

Next season’s Giant uniform:

And cap:

• unca_chuck said, on September 25, 2017 at 8:11 pm

Now there’s a honky to end all honkies.

17. zumiee said, on September 25, 2017 at 8:07 pm

We can tie the Phillies tonight!

18. zumiee said, on September 25, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Giants 2017 season:

• Flavor said, on September 25, 2017 at 8:28 pm

lol

• snarkk said, on September 25, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Except Gyros are on the down escalator…

19. unca_chuck said, on September 25, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Looks like the typical ball dude . . .

20. Flavor said, on September 25, 2017 at 8:27 pm

first Puerto Rico, now this.

21. Flavor said, on September 25, 2017 at 8:29 pm

praying things work out in PR the same way….

22. willedav said, on September 25, 2017 at 8:38 pm

any comp btw Giants and DBax is way out of line.
    Beside fact their OF is superb, they have Golds at 1b and Jake Lamb and his 28 bombs at 3b. their pitching went from dead last in NL last year to 2nd this year.
    They have 2 SPS with better ERA than Bum’s 3.32 and 2 more in 3.50 range including Godley who didn’t have it tonite.
    They have scored 25 more runs this year at 775, and allowed a whopping 250 less at 635 (100 less than Giants), in a hitters yard..

Zero chance Giants get that kind of production out of OF/1b/3b or get pitching that allows 100 less runs next year

• xoot said, on September 25, 2017 at 8:54 pm

It’s the company line right now, designed to deflect a bit. Baer raised a couple of weeks ago.

Bochy’s 2 under .500 coming into tonight’s game. Doesn’t matter. He’ll be back next year to manage a team designed to slide under the luxury tax limbo bar, win or lose.

23. djloo27 said, on September 25, 2017 at 9:15 pm

It’s very conceivable that there will not be a single new face on the 2018 opening day roster…

• zumiee said, on September 25, 2017 at 9:21 pm

Absolutely true. At least no new face of significance.

• zumiee said, on September 25, 2017 at 9:22 pm

Will Smith will be back at some point, but he’s sort of an old face now.

24. zumiee said, on September 25, 2017 at 9:25 pm

Bochy’s a good company guy. He’s onboard with managing the train wreck next season.

25. djloo27 said, on September 25, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Has a team 35 games under .500 ever stood pat?

26. djloo27 said, on September 25, 2017 at 9:33 pm

Feels like Buster’s been at 12/64 since Independence Day…

• Macdog said, on September 25, 2017 at 9:39 pm

2 homers since then, so that part of it isn’t far off.

27. zumiee said, on September 25, 2017 at 9:39 pm

Aaron Judge, 2nd round pick, hit his 50th HR.

• snarkk said, on September 25, 2017 at 9:57 pm

13 HRs so far in September. Giants haven’t hit 13 probably as a team the last month…

28. willedav said, on September 25, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Belt, out since Aug 4, still leads team in HRs 18 and slugging pct of .469. Unbelievable.

• Flavor said, on September 26, 2017 at 4:41 am

and they have a better winning % without him than with him. Even more unbelievable.

29. unca_chuck said, on September 26, 2017 at 9:57 am

Well, seriously, when you are comparing .385 to.396 winning %age, or whatever the fuck it is, it’s a losing deal any way you slice it. Belt isn’t the determining factor in this problem. The problem is Pence, Span, the black hole in LF, Craw’s down year, the 3rd base void, and the down year across the board in the rotation and pen. Posey is driving in runs at a snail’s pace. Move him to 1st and you lose HRs and RBIs. And we have Hundey as our starter? At 35? Yikes.

If Belt goes 24/80 around a team that hits, he’s fine. Who knows what he woulda done, but He would have been somewhere around thoose numbers.