ONE DAY…..

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 26, 2017

Johnny Blisters did a nice job tip toeing through that AAA line up last night….

Agree completely with WillieD at the end of the last thread, any comp between AZ’s rebirth and the Giants possible bounce back in 2018 is a joke.

Look, if NO ONE on the team gets hurt next year I could see them winning many more games than they did this year. Maybe a 15 game swing? That still doesn’t get them into the post season. And what are the chances that NOBODY gets hurt in 2018? Literally zero.

There is a better chance that Bum gets traded and while I think that’s near zero too I have to at least believe Sabean will look at it. What does he have to lose by examining it? He traded Matt Williams. It’s nearly the same thing and if you think I’m blowing smoke go look at Matt’s stats and what he meant to the team before he got traded. Sabes COULD do it again and for the right package it’s the only way out of this mess. Screw the season ticket holders. They are freaking brain dead lemmings, they aren’t going anywhere next year. Why not try to WIN instead of just sell tickets and plant flowers outside the stadium?????? Because ONE DAY that approach isn’t going to work anymore. ONE DAY the lemmings are going to fall off the cliff and there won’t be any of their brethren behind them. ONE DAY last place is going to be so familiar it’s going to feel like you’ve never been anywhere else. ONE DAY is coming at Sabes FAST.

1. willedav said, on September 26, 2017 at 7:18 am

Run differential Giants are minus 140. In order to drop 100 runs off like AZ did this season, that means Moore Smrdz Cueto, all with ERA 4.40+ would have to knock a full run off over 30 starts. Bum making 30 starts instead of what he did, plus eliminating the 24 Cain made, would also help. Plus, btw Stratton and Blach ERA is 4.70 and that’s gotta come down a run too.
    All in the same year? Unlikely but maybe not out of the question.

Still, scoring another 40-50 has to come from somewhere, just to break even and be .500. I think that would be best possible scenario 2018. 79-79 right now would be 12 back of AZ, who are another 10 back of LA. It would also be good for 4th place in division, which might be lofty goal for next year.

Puig hasn’t found his way out of Roberts doghouse after showing late to the yard. He’d be great trade bait after a 25 bomb productive season and low salary; Dodgers have lot of options to replace him. Roberts no nonsense comments (“He took himself out of the LU”) makes you wonder about Puig and post season/future.

2. sandog said, on September 26, 2017 at 7:20 am

I loved Matt Williams and he was an all-time great Giant for sure, but I don’t think you can put him in the same category as Bum when you consider the 3 rings and how he threw the team on his back in 2014. Bum is an all time Giants legend.
    G’s would have to go 0-5 the rest of the way to hit 100 losses. This bums me out as I felt this season deserved the stench of a 100 losses pinned to it, but I have to give credit to Bochy and the players for avoiding that. For a long time it looked like a mortal lock that they would lose 100 games.

3. willedav said, on September 26, 2017 at 7:26 am

One other thing about AZ—with Stewart out of picture, acquiring JD Mart a tremendous move. As Mac said, he’s got 27 bombs in 240 PAs. Add in bunch of doubles he gets an XBH every 6 times up to the plate, and his OPS is almost 1.100.

Sure hope he (and Golds) light up Dodgers LHP SPs!

Giants top RH of course would be Posey, team leader in OPS at .850 who has 110 singles 30 doubles 12 HRs…in twice as many PAs as Martinez.

4. Macdog said, on September 26, 2017 at 9:16 am

Re willedav’s 7:18: The difference in the D-Backs’ pitching from 2016 to 2017 is almost unbelievable.

Greinke: 4.37 — 3.18

Ray: 4.90 — 2.95

Corbin: 5.15 — 4.09

Godley: 6.39 — 3.40

Adding Walker (3.54) also helped.

Bullpen: 4.94 — 3.86

Also, Bradley as starter in 2016 — 5.02; as reliever in 2017 — 1.41.

5. alleykat69 said, on September 26, 2017 at 9:37 am

I agree with you Sandog!
    When they pulled off that deal I believe there thinking was we have Bonds but we have holes to fill at other positions and as it turned out Kent turned out better then Williams stats wise and health wise,so it turned out great for the Giants and really a steal of a trade..

6. unca_chuck said, on September 26, 2017 at 10:04 am

The Giants could very well look like the Angels as they watched Nolan Ryan pitch for another 14 years after they dumped him. Or even Gaylord Perry after we jettisoned him.

• djloo27 said, on September 26, 2017 at 12:40 pm

I think Bum’s built to last. He became a “pitcher” long ago – not a fireballer…

7. mrsprtdude said, on September 26, 2017 at 10:54 am

Am I the only one hoping we lose out and get the # 1 pick? Neck and neck with Philly and Detroit.
    Any downside?

• zumiee said, on September 26, 2017 at 11:50 am

It just depends on how you feel about 100 losses. Giants fans will have different feelings on that.

8. zumiee said, on September 26, 2017 at 11:54 am

I wouldn’t be so hard on season ticket holders that re-up. They’re caught between a rock and a hard place. Some of them came on during the championship years and they don’t want to be accused of just being a band-wagon jumper, jumping off when the team struggles. Those fans want to show they are loyal to the team no matter what.

• xoot said, on September 26, 2017 at 8:16 pm

I can’t get down on the season ticket holders. Many have been there since 2000. Good crowds enliven the place. And it is a great place to see baseball. Try a late season game across the Bay at the E Coli for contrast.

9. theroooster said, on September 26, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Brewers only one game back in the loss column from the Rocks for the last WC spot and they get to play the 24-game under .500 Reds for 3 games. Time for the Brew Crew to put up or shut up.

10. djloo27 said, on September 26, 2017 at 3:47 pm

Anyone have an idea how much of the Giants season tickets are sold to corporations?
    There are few worse organizations than the NY Knicks, yet they sell out every game and the tickets are a fortune. I’m sure a big chunk of them are bought by corporations, but the seats are full and the fans are usually very much into the game.

• djloo27 said, on September 26, 2017 at 6:39 pm

11. alleykat69 said, on September 26, 2017 at 6:56 pm

You talkin to me?
    You talkin to me?
    Well I’m the only one in the room right now,
    so you must be talkin to me!!

• djloo27 said, on September 26, 2017 at 7:01 pm

• xoot said, on September 26, 2017 at 7:25 pm

mirror mirror

12. Flavor said, on September 26, 2017 at 7:28 pm

Sorry Loo, not ignoring you. I don’t know the answer to that. I am having a very hard time staying focused on any of these games to finish off the year. I hope it’s just a normal reaction to a shit season but it’s weird. Very little emotion within me about the team right now. Anyone else feeling this way?

• snarkk said, on September 26, 2017 at 7:36 pm

Actually, I’m getting more pissed off when I hear BS like Bochy saying not much needs to be changed…

• Macdog said, on September 26, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Only since about June.

13. djloo27 said, on September 26, 2017 at 7:36 pm

If you haven’t put on the game yet, don’t bother…

• snarkk said, on September 26, 2017 at 7:38 pm

Kruk & Kuip’s pre game radio BS was all about Moore, and how they wished him a good last start to propel him into the offseason. That worked out well…

• xoot said, on September 26, 2017 at 8:07 pm

Krukow’s fretting over Moore’s high-stress first inning, followed by Kuip’s “only two runs” wrap-up, was classic.

14. Flavor said, on September 26, 2017 at 7:39 pm

• snarkk said, on September 26, 2017 at 7:44 pm

If Lucius Fox turns into a real player, this trade could look nasty…

• Flavor said, on September 26, 2017 at 7:47 pm

absolutely but so far he’s done nothing. I know he’s only 20 but nothing is nothing. If you’re in A ball you should do something regardless of your age.

15. Flavor said, on September 26, 2017 at 7:46 pm

this guy seems to be struggling with the way the season went down

16. snarkk said, on September 26, 2017 at 7:51 pm

Since Stratton appears to maybe penciled into Cain’s spot for next year, whither Beede? He needs to come up and pitch. Wasting him for much more at AAA is just that, a waste. They need to figure out if he can pitch, and maybe he’s better upside than Stratton, he’s younger. Hope they don’t package him in an offseason trade, he’s insurance IMO against a total Moore meltdown early next Spring…

17. djloo27 said, on September 26, 2017 at 7:55 pm

Suarez in English must mean “lost cause”…

18. Flavor said, on September 26, 2017 at 8:35 pm

19. zumiee said, on September 26, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Fortunately the Giants are only a few tweaks away from being good again.

20. zumiee said, on September 26, 2017 at 9:56 pm

I was listening to Rush’s “Moving Pictures” album today. Holds up very well. Sounds very good. Great power trio album. Three virtuoso musicians.