Warriors, Come Out And Plaaaaayy!!!!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 17, 2017

Amidst the collapsing, smoldering landscapes that are the 49ers and Giants, there is hope. A light tower in the distance. Dubs ball is upon us and for folks out here it couldn’t come soon enough.

Idiot Cleveland fans on twitter are in-fighting with themselves trying to decide whether to boo Kyrie Irving or not in tonight’s season opener. Cleveland fans are dopes. They ‘pert near imploded as a base when Lebron left for Miami and they’ve been relentless in their condemnation of Irving for leaving. And they still give Durant shit for his OKC exit. And that had nothing to do with them, lol. They act like these athletes are indentured servants who have to stay their entire careers in one city. Simpletons, every last one of them……

But forget them. Tonight the march begins. Glory and destiny awaits.

1. willedav said, on October 17, 2017 at 7:11 am

Dodgers allowed fewest runs during reg season
    Here’s what they have done so far in post season:

Vs. AZ: 27 innings 18 hits 10 ER 7BB/28 Ks WHIP of .926

Vs. Cubs 18 innings 7 hits 3 ER 2BB/21Ks WHIP of .50

Yikes. They get pitching like that, 13 runs in 5 games, no one beats them. Cubs bats better wake up soon.
    Pitching!

• Flavor said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:02 am

and the Yankees won that game last night basically because of 2 cheapo 3 run blasts. Pitching is important, no one is arguing against that. But you have to have bombers in this new juiced ball era. That is as obvious as the need for good pitching…..

2. unca_chuck said, on October 17, 2017 at 7:20 am

Somehow ended up
    Near the speakers at a ZZ Top concert at the Oakland auditorium. By far he loudest show. Billy Gibbons killed it. Great show. My ears were ringing for 5 days. AK we have the same musical taste. I saw Montrose and with Gamma a bunch of times. Same with Alvin Lee. He would play the Keystone PA all the time.

• Flavor said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:01 am

at that VH show, at one point my vision went sideways for like 2 seconds. I thought, “wow that was trippy”. It had to do with the noise level and I always wondered if I lost hearing that night. I seem to hear fine, pass all the tests, etc. But still, that was trippy…..

3. Macdog said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:15 am

With Springsteen playing Broadway, a buddy who’s a Deadhead posted on Facebook his ticket stub from a series of shows by Jerry Garcia and his band 30 years ago in October at Broadway’s Lunt-Fontanne Theatre.

• unca_chuck said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:17 am

That’s cool! I have a lot of ticket stubs from shows and ball games from back in the day. I think the oldest one is the fateful Roger Staubach 49er playoff game from 1972. 27-14 with 1:57 left and the Niners lost.

• Macdog said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:31 am

Looks like the ticket was $30.00, adjusted for inflation would be $64 today, while ticket prices for Springsteen are well into the hundreds, and north of $1K on Stubhub.

4. unca_chuck said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:15 am

Considering the amount of shows we went to back in the day, I’m amazed I can hear at all.

• zumiee said, on October 17, 2017 at 9:11 am

I hear ya on that, no pun intended.

5. alleykat69 said, on October 17, 2017 at 9:07 am

With ya on the hearing Chuck , so major loud shows I’ve attended.Now I just have selective hearing when it comes to asshole people I don’t want to talk too!!

6. alleykat69 said, on October 17, 2017 at 9:19 am

Underated Band from the 70’s-80’s who I saw at Winterland was Wishbone Ash they were amazing with songs like King will Come,Blowin Free,and a great name for a song Rock and Roll Widow.. Same show James Cotton Blues Band and the headliner Johnny Winter with a special appearance from his bro Edgar, kick ass show!

• unca_chuck said, on October 17, 2017 at 9:49 am

One treat of seeing the Who was seeing Ricky Medlocke and Blackfoot open for them at the Coak Coliseum. Saw Wishbone Ash but I can’t remember who they opened for. Ahhh, it was Steppenwolf. Or whatever their band consisted of in 1976. A lot of the shows I went to were to see the opening acts. I never liked Rush,they wee OK, but Pat Travers opened for them, and kicked ass. Rush was another band that had fans that were maniacal in their love and support. Meh.

One of my all-time favorite shows was seeing the Clash open for the Who.

7. sandog said, on October 17, 2017 at 9:27 am

I think Cleveland fans SHOULD boo the shit out of Kyrie Irving. Was getting paid a ton, took more shots than LeBron last year, was on a great team—–and while probably no one on here agrees, I think LeBron is a solid dude and good teammate who will pass the ball—–much better teammate than Michael Jordan or Kobe.
    Yet, he begs to be traded. I would have told him to fuck off and get his ass back to work if I were them. (Though I do think they made a pretty damn good trade)

Here’s hoping the Kings can be the 49ers of the NBA this year: Competitive, improving, kinda fun to watch—while all the while maintaining the worst record in the league!!!

8. willedav said, on October 17, 2017 at 9:46 am

Loo said something other day about should LA win it all, might it prompt Giants to do something radical?
    You hope they see the difference in talent base–true ace in Opie backed up by solid vets (Hill Darvish and Wood) that held down opposition, plus lights out closer in Jansen. Yes they are expensive and Dodgers pony up.

As for a LU, just no comparison in terms of quality young hitters Taylor and Bellinger to complement vets like Turner Grandal Puig. Their OF is still a little funky but Pederson is not all that bad a player and they played entire year without young guy they were high on Toles. Oh and their bench is better too.

I’ll give you 3 run bombs, but let’s remember what happened before Turner hit his–2 guys on base, including walks. You have to actually get guys on base before that can happen. Walks and singles do matter.

In the NY-Hou game, Sabathia shut down Stros for 6 innings with no runs. They had ABs in the bandbox yard too and didn’t do enough with them. My point is simply that good pitching can shut down bomb artists and that’s also how better teams win.

9. unca_chuck said, on October 17, 2017 at 9:50 am

It shouldn’t take LAs success to get these guys off their asses to do their jobs.

If that’s the case, then their thought pattern will be, let THEM win 3 in 5, then we’ll do something. Which means bad news for the fans. But I don’t think that’s their thought process anyway.

10. unca_chuck said, on October 17, 2017 at 9:54 am

One of my all time favorite movie scenes.

11. unca_chuck said, on October 17, 2017 at 10:00 am

Here’s what I hope happens to the Yankees

12. Flavor said, on October 17, 2017 at 10:30 am

Cleveland only has a title because of that shot Kyrie hit. I’m not saying he can do anything he wants for the rest of his life and they need to honor him, but I would think not booing the guy who gifted you your only crown would be something they could gather themselves together to accomplish.

• sandog said, on October 17, 2017 at 10:37 am

Disagree. He pissed away all that good will by demanding to be traded.

I’m not that excited about the Celts/Cavs game tonight, but when those two meet in the playoffs it is going to be INTENSE. That, I am looking forward to.

• Flavor said, on October 17, 2017 at 11:33 am

i’m definitely watching both games tonight. Lots of story lines.

13. Flavor said, on October 17, 2017 at 10:30 am

14. sandog said, on October 17, 2017 at 10:34 am

Funny, but in my own mind I have been comparing the Dodgers march to the World Series championship to the Warriors quest to return to Coney Island. At this point, they have already made it past The Orphans and the Baseball Furies, and look they are going to handle The Lizzies without much of a problem. Our only hope now is the Grammercy Riffs, but I don’t think they are gonna get it done either….

Spoiler Alert = The Giants are the The Orphans.

15. alleykat69 said, on October 17, 2017 at 11:28 am

Pat Travers at the Old Waldorf 2 skink uhh drink minimum most excellent! Great place for a concert..

• unca_chuck said, on October 17, 2017 at 11:40 am

Shit, I was there . . . Loved seeing his shows.

16. Flavor said, on October 17, 2017 at 11:36 am

Where’s everyone stand on Tainted Love (the band)? They’re giving my company a private concert next week. Not really looking forward to it.

• unca_chuck said, on October 17, 2017 at 11:39 am

A Soft Cell cover band? Ouch. They DO play this tho. Hah hah!

• Flavor said, on October 17, 2017 at 11:48 am

i’ll bum rush the stage just to see their reaction

• xoot said, on October 17, 2017 at 12:20 pm

holey sheet. according to the song list on their website they can play Born in the USA. Also, I Wanna Be Sedated.

• Macdog said, on October 17, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Some Van Halen tunes also in there.

17. zumiee said, on October 17, 2017 at 11:56 am

Willie, the Dodgers get all those walks because of their power-hitting. Pitchers are afraid to pitch to them.
    The most ridiculous thing in that series so far was the lefty who was left in to pitch to Puig to lead off the ninth. The lefty clearly wanted no part of it, and walked Puig on four pitches. What was Maddon thinking?!

• willedav said, on October 17, 2017 at 12:34 pm

Agreed Zum, Dodgers have LU full of dangerous hitters even without Seager. I still think walks and singles have value as what happened to Cubs walking lead off guy bottom 9—problem for Giants this year was that guys behind the top OB guys Belt and Posey (Craw Pence Sando Parker yada yada) were not in any way dangerous or a 3 run HR threat.

It would be great if Giants went out and got some power hitters but I doubt it’s going to happen. Still they just need more .800 OPS guys that are better hitters than what they have.
      And of course, allow way fewer runs.

18. zumiee said, on October 17, 2017 at 11:57 am

“One of my all-time favorite shows was seeing the Clash open for the Who.”

Yeah, Chuck, that’s one I would have liked to have been at.

19. zumiee said, on October 17, 2017 at 11:59 am

I have done the thing of going to shows more for the opening act than the headliner. I went to a Dave Matthews show (yuck) because Emmylou Harris was the opening act.

20. zumiee said, on October 17, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Right now, Kris Bryant looks like me trying to hit major league pitching. What happened to that guy? His confidence has to be in the pits right now.

21. zumiee said, on October 17, 2017 at 12:06 pm

I think Baez is still 0 for the playoffs right now. That guy was a force last year in the playoffs.

• unca_chuck said, on October 17, 2017 at 1:30 pm

Yeah, that Joan is a real banjo hitter.

22. willedav said, on October 17, 2017 at 12:39 pm

Was that SD ragging on Dire Straits? At work we had a 5 disc CD changer that stopped working so we had to listen to FM radio. one “classic rock” station used to play “Sultans of Swing” a lot, killer song with great guitar solo to end it and top notch bass and drums.

30 yrs ago used to live next door to a friend who was a drummer and I an aspiring electric bassist. I never really got any good at all but we used to jam to Sultans. Also Springsteen “10th avenue Freeze Out” and some Rod Stewart r/b stuff he did “Atlantic Crossing” Stone Cold Sober Again. But I gave away bass and amp long time ago.

• xoot said, on October 17, 2017 at 2:43 pm

I saw Mark Knopfler open for Dylan a couple of years ago. Knopfler was pretty good.

23. willedav said, on October 17, 2017 at 12:45 pm

Oct 17th btw would be day in ’89 Loma Prieta big one interrupted Giants- A’s WS.

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 17, 2017 at 1:13 pm

I wish they had stopped that WS right then and there. Period. At least, we’d be properly asterisked in the record books.

24. pawliekokonuts said, on October 17, 2017 at 1:12 pm

‘Glory and destiny.’ So, Third Reichian.

25. unca_chuck said, on October 17, 2017 at 1:20 pm

i like both of those groups in small doses, Willie. Dire Straits and Steely Dan. I’ve tried to like Springsteen, and his early stuff that he wrote for Manfred Mann is good, but I just don’t get it.

• theroooster said, on October 17, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Agree about Springsteen. I mean he’s got a few cool songs, but never got the crowd who thinks he’s the best – and there are a lot of them – I know a couple. Strange thing about music.
      Do like Thunder road though – the lyrics are great.
      “The screen door slams, Mary’s dress waves
      Like a vision she dances across the porch as the radio plays
      Roy Orbison singing for the lonely
      Hey, that’s me and I want you only…”
      And then at the end :
      “There were ghosts in the eyes of all the boys you sent away
      They haunt this dusty beach road in the skeleton frames of burned-out Chevrolets
      They scream your name at night in the street
      Your graduation gown lies in rags at their feet…”

26. sfsarge said, on October 17, 2017 at 1:26 pm

All these concerts sound pretty cool. I can appreciate good rock, just not so sure I would go to a concert. Although a Metallica show is on my bucket list. My top shows are all hip hop shows, the Maritime Hall in SF was the best place to catch a show. Saw The Roots there about 3 or 4 times in the 90s about 10 years before they became Jimmy Fallon’s house band. Right next to the speaker for one of the shows, my wars rang for about 4 days after. One of the greatest live bands in hip hop history. Even if you don’t like rap, I would recommend them.

27. unca_chuck said, on October 17, 2017 at 1:30 pm

Craziest show I ever saw was NWA with the Meat Puppets somewhere in Oakland. A rap grunge mashup when mashups were a thing.

• sfsarge said, on October 17, 2017 at 1:47 pm

That sounds insane!

• unca_chuck said, on October 17, 2017 at 6:12 pm

Definitely a trippy crowd. Hardcore rap fans and a bunch of grunge flannel-wearing guys.

I figured I’d be fine with my Bob Marley t-shirt . . .

28. snarkk said, on October 17, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Re Dubs. Reminds me of 80s Niners, when in the Super Bowl v Denver . Watching it with a bunch of buddies at a guy’s house, when the Niners were up by 30 or whatever by mid third quarter with another Rice TD, we all looked at each other and agreed, we need to really enjoy this team right now, because we will never see the likes of this again. Well, we did see it twice more, but the point is made. A team like the Dubs may not come around again for a long time. So enjoy them while you can…

• theroooster said, on October 17, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Great point snarkk, same time frame, I remember saying the same exact thing to my buddies when we’d all get together to watch the Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Cooper Showtime Lakers in the Finals.

29. alleykat69 said, on October 17, 2017 at 2:31 pm

Funny how things work out, the fans were ripping Joe Lacob a new one after he traded Monta Ellis.Especially the night they were honoring Chris Mullin and Rick Barry was trying to get the fans to lighten up Frances(a scene from Stripes as PsychoFrances)mentioned any of you homo touch my stuff I’ll kill you!)
    Anyway Lacob got the last laugh and has built a dynasty,even their bench is better then some teams starters their that deep..

• Flavor said, on October 17, 2017 at 3:41 pm

i always supported the trade. It was obvious there was a low ceiling on where the team could go with Ellis. Fans are stupid, mostly. They get too caught up emotionally in the players. Bill Walsh knew what’s up.

• sfsarge said, on October 17, 2017 at 5:03 pm

I was iffy on it, only because of the Bogut injury. Wasn’t sure what he would be when he came back. I guess it worked out ok. That night gave me a chance to use one of my favorite phrases that I dont get to use often “lustily booed”

• Flavor said, on October 17, 2017 at 6:22 pm

I wasn’t high on Bogut at all. I just thought they couldn’t win with Ellis AND Steph playing together. And they sure picked the right one to trade, that’s for sure.

• unca_chuck said, on October 17, 2017 at 6:14 pm

I was mildly behind keeping Steph over Monte but I was concerned because of Steph’s injury history with the ankle.

30. djloo27 said, on October 17, 2017 at 2:45 pm

I don’t know much about Toto (the band), but some guys I know that play really respect them as great musicians…

• Macdog said, on October 17, 2017 at 3:02 pm

A couple of ’em like guitarist Steve Lukather and drummer Jeff Porcaro were much-sought-after studio musicians before forming Toto.

31. djloo27 said, on October 17, 2017 at 5:19 pm

Why would you give Judge anything to hit with 2 bases open?

• theroooster said, on October 17, 2017 at 5:42 pm

Astros BP is a joke.

• alleykat69 said, on October 17, 2017 at 5:49 pm

Kinda like why did Tim Lincecum ever pitch to Goldschimdt?Give him the four finger pass every time and throw in a middle finger as well just for own age..

32. sandog said, on October 17, 2017 at 5:51 pm

Gordon Hayward suffers horrific broken leg minutes into Celts/Cavs, tipping off the NBA season. Awful scene.

• theroooster said, on October 17, 2017 at 6:04 pm

• wilcojoe said, on October 17, 2017 at 6:06 pm

I don’t know what made me sicker. Watching that or the Astros bullpen.

33. sandog said, on October 17, 2017 at 6:09 pm

I’m not sure this was necessary, but I guess its partly on me for posting about it.

• Flavor said, on October 17, 2017 at 6:20 pm

i came home from work, raced to tv cause I wanted to see the very beginning of the game and hoped they started a few minutes late like the NBA always does. No luck, they were playing. That was the FIRST play I watched. Ugh. That was positively awful.

34. Flavor said, on October 17, 2017 at 6:25 pm

this is a good sign for us when he hits the first one of these right off the bat

35. xoot said, on October 17, 2017 at 7:35 pm

well, looking for something positive this evening–Contreras is tough sob. His eyes are baleful, his D’s good, and he really enjoyed slamming the hell out of Taylor at the plate.

36. snarkk said, on October 17, 2017 at 7:54 pm

WTF kind of D was that by Bryant? Sweep the glove and hope? Cubs busy giving this away…

37. zumiee said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:04 pm

Well, the Cubs dynasty seems rather short.
    Can they win 3 in 5? Doubtful.

38. Macdog said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:05 pm

Are the Warriors’ championship rings for last season or this season?

39. snarkk said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:09 pm

Klay on fire. Dude has quickest release in NBA . Also ate Harden’s lunch on D…

40. unca_chuck said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:11 pm

Wow. When the Dubs are on, there is no stopping them.

41. zumiee said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:11 pm

Lqtm…..

42. snarkk said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Dubs on fire!
    Cubs look like the olld Cubs — just handing it to Doghairs..,

43. djloo27 said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:13 pm

The monumental 1951 homer might’ve been the last time Bobby Thomson had good timing.

The Giants traded him to the Braves just before their World Championship 1954 season.

They Braves traded him back to the Giants during the 1957 season and then went on to win the WS.

All the festivities planned for the October 2001 – the 50th anniversary of the “Shot Hear ‘Round The World” were forever canceled due to 9/11.

He died on August 16, 2010 just missing the the Giants World Series victory.

He’s not even the most famous person to die on August 16th (Babe Ruth, Elvis Presley).

44. zumiee said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:13 pm

Lqtm…..

45. zumiee said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Not as funny anymore…..

46. alleykat69 said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:18 pm

No ring letdown ceremony like other sport teams have done. They came out smoking hot!
    Speaking of smoking hot those rings are bad ass with 11 carat diamonds 💎 with the bay bridge& championship trophy all shining brightly..

47. djloo27 said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:20 pm

The Giants Way:

• Flavor said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:21 pm

missed him…..

• zumiee said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:48 pm

lulz!

48. Flavor said, on October 17, 2017 at 8:37 pm

Dubs fixed all my built up pain and anguish. Only took a quarter. I’m good again.

49. willedav said, on October 17, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Cubs=Defending Chumps

50. zumiee said, on October 17, 2017 at 9:42 pm

Cubs are stupidly trying to hit Janssen pitches above the strikezone.

51. zumiee said, on October 17, 2017 at 9:45 pm

The Warriors’ biggest challenge during the regular season will be fighting boredom.

52. unca_chuck said, on October 17, 2017 at 10:56 pm

Well,there goes that perfect season . . . 81-1!

• snarkk said, on October 17, 2017 at 11:03 pm

They lost last season’s opener to the Spurs in a rout. We know how the season ended.
      Another championship guaranteed…