Post Season Failure

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 19, 2017

This is the biggest start of Kershaw’s career and I don’t think that’s an understatement. I’m not big on legacy games but if I were, this would be a legacy game. He can either erase everything about him that people laugh at or he can give them more material. Until he proves otherwise I think it’s fair to call him a headcase. Until he flat out dominates a post season game that sends his team to the WORLD SERIES, he’s never going to reach Bumgarnian levels. His past is his shadow. Let’s see if he can shake it tonight…..

1. sandog said, on October 19, 2017 at 6:54 am

If the series was tied 3-3, I’d be with you 100%. 3-1? I don’t think the pressure is that great–even with a chance to punch their ticket to the WS.

• blade3colorado said, on October 19, 2017 at 9:50 am

Agree with SD . . . Kershaw has much, much more to lose than gain in tonight’s game. Your thread would have been 100% spot on if this series was tied at 3-3.

2. sandog said, on October 19, 2017 at 7:12 am

Kings play Houston close and lose by 5. Good stuff. Tied with The Scrubs for last place in The West.
    Actually looking forward to seeing what Lonzo does tonight. Go Clips!

• willedav said, on October 19, 2017 at 7:21 am

Beat Ope/Got Hope

• Flavor said, on October 19, 2017 at 7:23 am

I didn’t watch the Kings game (tho I do follow them) but I was surprised to see Capella go for 22/17 (and 3 steals). That’s man-child territory from a guy who doesn’t put up man-child numbers. After watching Magic jizz about Lonzo I am really looking forward to how he does this year. Jason Kidd with more scoring?

• willedav said, on October 19, 2017 at 7:23 am

noticed in box Kings only shot 10 FTs whole game. Fox and Hield didn’t shoot any…hmmnn.
      Kings were without Z too.
      Hope Lake Show Lonzo and Walton pound Clips.

3. gianthead said, on October 19, 2017 at 7:44 am

Well the Fodgers blow this now…it would be an all-time epic collapse…Stros are in trouble after blowing game 4…

4. willedav said, on October 19, 2017 at 7:58 am

F/G has column says Stros hitting in bad luck—pounding balls to deep CF that Hicks is catching. Plus with RH heavy LU vs. Yanks stronger RH SPs and pen, not such a good post season match up. Yanks pitching is good too, one of top rated in AL despite yard they play in.
    Saw a stat by J Shea that said all final 8 teams (no Rox or Twins) had best combined SP ERAs.

win the next one Stros get CC for game 7.
    Kinda hope Wilco (and son?) goes to game 6 after all and Stros stay alive.

• Macdog said, on October 19, 2017 at 9:04 am

Those bad-luck hard-hit balls — all six of them — came in Games 1 & 3. The last two games I’ve seen nothing but weak groundouts, fouling pitches thrown right down the middle, and flailing away at pitches out of the zone. This team is choking.

5. unca_chuck said, on October 19, 2017 at 9:19 am

Hou should get right at home. Verlander has come up big before and he should again.

6. Macdog said, on October 19, 2017 at 9:22 am

Speaking of hoops, my Nets scored 131 last night — and lost. Even worse, Lin is out for the year with a knee injury. At least Russell looked good.

• Flavor said, on October 19, 2017 at 9:40 am

Another Paly High kid down for the count.

7. snarkk said, on October 19, 2017 at 9:29 am

Astros need to figure out you throw nothing but curves and slop off the plate to Judge. Why you would throw a fastball anywhere near the guy is beyond me…

8. wilcojoe said, on October 19, 2017 at 9:46 am

Yeah Willie we will end up going after all. I would feel very Trump like if I backed out on my son just to make a couple extra bucks.

• willedav said, on October 19, 2017 at 12:03 pm

great! hopefully more ball to play, like next week.

9. gianthead said, on October 19, 2017 at 9:53 am

Up 4-1 in Game 4 ready to take a 3-1 lead and control of the series will just be too much pressure for them to overcome IMO…last tho g I wanted was Yanks-Floppers series but I am sure the league and network wants exactly that…all the reminiscing of the throwback series from the 70s will make me puke..

10. gianthead said, on October 19, 2017 at 9:57 am

Missed out on all the music discussion last weekend…but saw LCD Soundsystem last night in brand new venue in DC that holds 7000 people and may be the greatest concert venue for the size in the US. Incredible incredible show and you all would not believe the audio quality of the place. Built like a theater but with the floor completely open to fit probably 5000 people. Completely changes the atmosphere of modern day concerts where you typically have everyone sitting or just standing there in a small nightclub or 20k seat arena…awesome band and performance…

• sandog said, on October 19, 2017 at 2:54 pm

That sounds very cool!

11. alleykat69 said, on October 19, 2017 at 10:47 am

Opie’s postseason failures are legendary over double his era in his regular season! Hope he gets lit up again.He can’t even wear Bum’s smelly jock when a real pitcher gets the job done in Playoffs/W/S..

12. zumiee said, on October 19, 2017 at 5:23 pm

He walks the first Dodger batter.
    (face-palm)

13. alleykat69 said, on October 19, 2017 at 6:00 pm

The massacre is on..

14. theroooster said, on October 19, 2017 at 6:07 pm

Cubs fans leaving in the 4th

15. Flavor said, on October 19, 2017 at 6:21 pm

16. Flavor said, on October 19, 2017 at 6:25 pm

Alex Smith looks great. Rooting for your Chiefs, Loo!
    Fuck baseball. It’s a stupid boring game that’s all luck anyway…. 🙂 🙂 🙂

17. xoot said, on October 19, 2017 at 6:52 pm

I’m on the other side of the country tonight, and man is it nice to see rain blowing in the e coli seum lights. Anyone else getting ready to root for nyy?

18. zumiee said, on October 19, 2017 at 7:04 pm

Wow, that Quintana guy really sparkled in the playoffs.

19. Flavor said, on October 19, 2017 at 7:22 pm

Porzingis is incredible. Sick moves inside, can bust the 3 fearlessly, blocks shots. Complete package.

20. willedav said, on October 19, 2017 at 7:34 pm

just walked in and saw KC Td off deflection. Dreaded “db hands”.

21. zumiee said, on October 19, 2017 at 9:21 pm

Great finish for the Raiders.

The Lakers are still meh.