Underwhelming NL Rep

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 20, 2017

Woke up this morning and the Dodgers are in the World Series. It’s having surprising little effect on me. They’ve gotten farther than I thought they’d get. Let’s see if they can finish the job.

Thank God for those 3 beauties we won in 5 years. This would be hard to take otherwise. As it is, this is really like being the past winner of a big race and waiting at the finish line for the Dodgers to finish. I obviously won’t clap if they finish in first place but I’ll give them a knowing dude head nod that says “ok, you finally know how it feels. You finally know what it’s like to finish the job”. And make NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT they don’t know how this feels. I haven’t bothered to look at how many current Dodgers have a ring but it can’t be many. And MOST of the Dodger fans out there have MAYBE the ring from ’88 to remember. But as the post of the day clearly indicates, that is likely to be a distant, barely accessible memory–almost like a dream. So this ONE that they may get will be a start. But they have no clue what 3 in 5 feels like.

The Giants twitter account roasted this dumbass from @foxsports

1. wilcojoe said, on October 20, 2017 at 6:44 am

Yeah Jon Morosi said the same thing last night on one of the local sports talk stations. I was litterally yelling at my radio, “how many more fucking chances has Kershaw had than Bum you dumb fuck!”

2. willedav said, on October 20, 2017 at 7:18 am

Dodgers winning sucks. SF was light years behind LA this year and 3 in 5 is a distant memory. Couldn’t wait for reg season to end and unless Stros get in baseball continues to be unwatchable.

3. zumiee said, on October 20, 2017 at 7:21 am

I like how Morisi starts his post with “Fact.” Like he’s delivering devastating information. He’s Perry Mason defending Kershaw’s legacy. “Fact! Fact, I say!”

4. zumiee said, on October 20, 2017 at 7:25 am

I don’t want the Dodgers to win, but it’s not like the Cubs were a much better choice. Two championships in a row for Maddon and the Cubs would have been insufferable.
    I don’t have high expectations for the AL winner. It’ll probably be the Dodgers in 4 or 5.

• wilcojoe said, on October 20, 2017 at 7:42 am

Agreed, neither the Astros or Yankees can hang with the Dodgers. I would be shocked if the series goes more than 5 games.

5. wilcojoe said, on October 20, 2017 at 7:47 am

There is a very good chance the Yankees and Dodgers will go on an epic run the next several years. With all of their young core talent and their financial ability to lock these guys up, we could be looking at MLB’s version of Warriors/Cavs for the foreseeable future.

• Flavor said, on October 20, 2017 at 7:57 am

maybe. Let’s see one of them win one first.

6. djloo27 said, on October 20, 2017 at 8:11 am

There’s something enjoyable about not having to watch the Giants every day…

7. willedav said, on October 20, 2017 at 8:33 am

NL was weird league this year with way more have nots than haves. Cubs have some issues to work through (FA SPs and pen) and fans already grousing about Heyward and Schwarber, down year from Zobrist and high payroll.
    And these guys won 92 games another division and won a playoff series.

Just doesn’t make you feel good about Giants/2018.

8. snarkk said, on October 20, 2017 at 8:47 am

LA has so much more talent all over the field than SF, it’s not even close. Doghairs look like they’ll continue to be division winners for the next couple of years, at least. They gave Cubs the beat down with Culberson at SS, for Kreissakes. Now, Seager may actually come back to play in the WS. If you win 5 division titles in a row, and counting, you’ll win a WS at some point just by accident…

• unca_chuck said, on October 20, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Tell that to the Braves. They had superior pitching and defense for 14 division titles and got 1 WS.

9. snarkk said, on October 20, 2017 at 8:52 am

Really hoping that the Stros can pull out the ALCS so I can root for somebody. If not, in a Yanks-Doghairs WS, I’m stuck, I won’t have my go to method of rooting for the NL in the WS, and I can’t root for NY. It’ll be like picking between ISIS and the Taliban…

10. Flavor said, on October 20, 2017 at 9:35 am

had a couple of different friends tell me that the NL is “awful” this year. What am I missing? After the Dodgersis the NL really awful compared to the AL this year?

• Macdog said, on October 20, 2017 at 10:08 am

The NL had seven teams over .500 and the AL only five. The Twinkies had 85 wins, and still won the 2nd wild card by 5 games, so I’m not seeing this supposed superiority by the beer league.

11. Irish Kevin said, on October 20, 2017 at 9:46 am

Nationals not renewing Dusty Bakers contract.

12. Lurker John said, on October 20, 2017 at 11:53 am

Kershaw can’t carry Bum’s sweaty playoff jockstrap. Anyone who’d suggest otherwise is an ignorant fool.

13. Lurker John said, on October 20, 2017 at 11:54 am

And fuck the Dodgers. They ain’t getting shit from me if they win it.

14. zumiee said, on October 20, 2017 at 12:00 pm

The national media will sometimes carry on about the AL as if it’s superior to the NL.
    The NL has won 5 of the last 7 World Series, so the national media can take a hike.

15. zumiee said, on October 20, 2017 at 12:03 pm

If the Dodgers win the World Series, the NL West will have won 4 of the last 8 World Series, clearly the strongest division in MLB these days.

16. Flavor said, on October 20, 2017 at 12:32 pm

• zumiee said, on October 20, 2017 at 3:16 pm

Saved by the Bell! Har dee har har!

• djloo27 said, on October 20, 2017 at 4:21 pm

Is he being driven in by Kenny Lofton?
        Har dee har har!

17. alleykat69 said, on October 20, 2017 at 1:58 pm

Im pulling for Chili 🌶 Davis as the new hitting coach! Bam Bam can go back to banging Pebbles. I’m done with this dude..

18. Flavor said, on October 20, 2017 at 6:56 pm

I’d like to see Chili in the dugout just because I like him and he’s a great link to our past but I don’t think he’s going to change the hitting approach, our guys don’t seem too interested in changing their launch angle. Maybe they should, you know?

19. djloo27 said, on October 20, 2017 at 6:57 pm

Glad Wilco and his little boy have something to cheer about.
    My dad used to take me to one Giant game a year at Shea.
    The Giants never won and the Willies never hit much…

• willedav said, on October 20, 2017 at 10:14 pm

yeah very cool.
      maybe he gets a shot to hit a game next week

how many here have been to WS game I wonder.

20. zumiee said, on October 20, 2017 at 8:04 pm

Astros are finding their mojo again.

21. Macdog said, on October 20, 2017 at 9:10 pm

Watching Verlander deal in the ALCS makes it all the more incredible what Sandoval did against him in Game 1.

22. unca_chuck said, on October 20, 2017 at 9:29 pm

Heh heh heh. He said ‘launch angle . . .’

Sure, bring Chili dog back. One of my favorite Giants of the 80s. . . .

23. unca_chuck said, on October 20, 2017 at 9:40 pm

Dig those Warriors unis tonight.

24. wilcojoe said, on October 20, 2017 at 10:35 pm

Just got home. There is nothing like playoff baseball in person. Minute Maid park was flat out rocking. My ears are still ringing.

25. mrsprtdude said, on October 20, 2017 at 11:13 pm

Very cool you were at the game Wilcojoe!!