Shuffling the Shuffle

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 25, 2017

Bam Bam: bench coach. Wotus: 3rd base coach….

This is just getting stupid. Do any of these jobs even have any specific talent requirements? If Wotus is the best pick for the 3rd base coaching job what the fuck has he been doing sitting on the bench all these years??!?!!?!

I supported coaching changes because this crew proved unable to halt the slide that started when Duffy left (lqtm, I love that marker on the timeline) and lasted all the way to the end of the 2017 season. That is unacceptable and the people in charge need to pay a consequence for that.

But this is over the top. All of these random, haphazard moves wreak of a pomp and circumstance production designed to fool the fan base. “Look at what we’re doing season ticket holders!!!! We are SHAKING STUFF UP!!! Firing people! Fucking Ron Wotus is gonna fix all of this now that he’s closer to the field of play!!!!!”

This has gotten asinine.

1. Lurker John said, on October 25, 2017 at 9:37 pm

Now we have a series.

2. xoot said, on October 25, 2017 at 9:37 pm

nice to see puig make the final out, fooled by a good pitch

3. wilcojoe said, on October 25, 2017 at 9:37 pm

Thank fucking Christ!

4. zumiee said, on October 25, 2017 at 9:37 pm

5. snarkk said, on October 25, 2017 at 9:37 pm

Juiced balls plus hot weather = HR Fest extraordinaire…

6. snarkk said, on October 25, 2017 at 9:50 pm

Curry with the clutch trey ! …
    And, now 48 straight made free throws by Steph…

7. mrsprtdude said, on October 25, 2017 at 9:51 pm

YES!!!!!! Ceazy exciting game. Hard to imagine the Dodgers bullpen imploding after how god they have been, but I was loving it!!!

8. zumiee said, on October 25, 2017 at 9:55 pm

I had forgotten Bochy was making as much as he is. He’s got 2 years/$15 million left. They aren’t going to fire him, and he isn’t going to be retiring with that amount of money on the table.

9. snarkk said, on October 25, 2017 at 10:06 pm

Sheez, zum.
    He’s getting that much?
    Ouch. That’s some real coin…

• zumiee said, on October 25, 2017 at 10:33 pm

That’s according to Nightengale today. I guess we never knew Bochy was making that much. Maybe the contract details were never made public.

• djloo27 said, on October 25, 2017 at 10:35 pm

They ain’t on Cott’s…

• zumiee said, on October 25, 2017 at 10:36 pm

Nightengale was interviewed on KNBR today.

• snarkk said, on October 25, 2017 at 10:38 pm

That’ll buy a pretty damn big fishing boat at retirement…

• zumiee said, on October 25, 2017 at 10:40 pm

From the KNBR site:
        “Gary asked Nightengale if the changes to the coaching staff are a way of Evans letting Bochy know who’s in charge. Nightengale confirmed that was probably the case, and also went a step further, saying that if there was a clean way to remove Bochy Giants manager, Evans would probably do it.

“You’re probably right,” Evans said in response to the above question. “They’re bringing all these coaches in, making all these changes that weren’t Bruce Bochy’s call, it was Bobby Evans’ call. So you’re probably right on that, but Boch has got two more years left on the contract and he’s going to keep managing, he’s making about $7.5 (million) per year, so he’s not going away.

“You’re absolutely correct, and I think if you put Bobby Evans and those guys on a lie detector test they’d probably say ‘yeah, we’d like to have a new manager as well.’”

Nightengale also reported earlier in the week that former hitting coach Hensley Mulens, who has now been promoted to bench coach, is being groomed as Bochy’s eventual replacement. Per Larry Krueger’s suggestion, Nightengale agreed that the Giants also have a candidate in the front office, new Director of Player Development David Bell.

“They moved him to be the bench coach, so usually a bench coach you’re grooming a guy like that,” Nightengale said of Meulens. “I mean I could see David Bell too, I’m with you there. I would think it would be one of those two guys, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bell either. I think they’ll see how Meulens does as the bench coach. Obviously kind’ve ends any talk of Ron Wotus being his successor, kind’ve demoting him to third base coach. I could see David Bell. I think it’ll be one of those two for sure.””

• zumiee said, on October 25, 2017 at 10:43 pm

The article has all kinds of editing issues.

• snarkk said, on October 25, 2017 at 11:07 pm

The Nightingale thing is on a KNBR podcast for the day.
      Meh, he sounds half the time like he’s pulling this front office and Stanton prediction stuff out of his rear end.
      He thinks SF can contend for a WC spot next year without much roster change. Uh, no…

• zumiee said, on October 25, 2017 at 11:21 pm

The Stanton thing makes no sense to me.

10. djloo27 said, on October 25, 2017 at 10:10 pm

Rooster, report to dinner…

11. zumiee said, on October 25, 2017 at 10:59 pm

For the record, I was sitting in a recliner, reflecting on World Series championships the Giants have won since 2010.

“I’m avoiding my asshole Giant fan friends on my feed like the plague.
    But hey, at least we even have the chance to lose in October. Must be nice for them to jeer from their couches.

Posted by MarshalltheIrish on Oct 25, 2017 | 9:48 PM”

• zumiee said, on October 25, 2017 at 11:23 pm

Dodger fans were sitting and watching, too. It’s not like the Dodger fans were out there playing in the game.