Fools Gold

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 8, 2017

The gold glove awards are out! All you need to know is that Tucker Barnhart beat out Posey and Yadi. And let’s move on to something more interesting…..

Today’s RPAD (from 2011). Check out the voting results.

Heyward won a GG yesterday……more nonsense.

1. zumiee said, on November 8, 2017 at 5:13 am

I had totally forgotten J. Sanchez was traded for Melky. I was reading that retro-post going “huh?” and “what?”
    The poll shows the fan frustration with J. Sanchez.
    And, of course, Melky’s surge in production is now fully understood.
    The trade did help the Giants win it all in ’12.

• Flavor said, on November 8, 2017 at 5:25 am

yeah. I guess my “he decided to get in shape” call wasn’t quite the whole story. 🙂

• zumiee said, on November 8, 2017 at 5:34 am

It does make me continue to wonder about Justin Turner…..

• Flavor said, on November 8, 2017 at 6:04 am

And Taylor

• unca_chuck said, on November 8, 2017 at 7:06 am

Yup. It’s all about the trainers

2. willedav said, on November 8, 2017 at 7:22 am

I’ll give Crawford props for not taking his down year at the plate onto the field with him.

And yeah, Kings win! I saw some of second half including last few minutes when game was on the line. They got mostly good shots and went to the basket, while OKC didn’t and shot outside Js.

Melk has sure had an odd career, up and down, lot of stops, on/off juice. Always used to stick up for the enigma that was J Sanchez, he just seemed to plateau after couple good years and then everything went south after that incident with Utley.

3. willedav said, on November 8, 2017 at 8:05 am

Guy I played for back in HS and helped coach for a season 40 yrs ago used to put up a stat sheet in locker room next day he called “plus point chart.”
    Plus points were: FG FT Reb Stl Assist Blk plus a category he called recovery for grabbing loose ball or tie up
    Minus points: missed FT TO Foul (not a missed FG)

I still do this in box scores, just to see what guys are doing beside shooting. Harden the other night in his 35 minutes hit 19 shots was plus 10 in FTs and had 2 boards 13 assists 3 fouls 7 TOs and 2 steals = 36, awesome high number.

How much relevance to defensive SABR stat numbers like DRS/UZR? Still a big argument over these isn’t there?

• djloo27 said, on November 8, 2017 at 9:19 am

I prefer homemade stats and betting systems. An old friend had an infallible system of eliminating horses based on the selection box in the NY Post…

• alleykat69 said, on November 8, 2017 at 11:23 am

I watch the horses in the paddock before I make my bet, the horse that takes the biggest dump I bet on, horse is lighter as is the jockey.Worked at Bay Meadows a lot!

• djloo27 said, on November 8, 2017 at 12:22 pm

Maybe it’s a west coast thing. I haven’t had much success with the “dump” method…

4. Lurker John said, on November 8, 2017 at 8:55 am

Fuck getting Heyward in a trade. He sucks. I’d much rather have Samardzija. If they make that trade I’m going to shit.

5. Macdog said, on November 8, 2017 at 9:25 am

“And Taylor.” From 1 HR in 318 career PAs to 21 bombs in 568 PAs all because of a change in his swing. Right, nothing to see here.

6. Macdog said, on November 8, 2017 at 9:58 am

7. snarkk said, on November 8, 2017 at 11:30 am

I would take Melky right now for LF and cut Span…

• djloo27 said, on November 8, 2017 at 12:34 pm

I’m finally off Melky – I had wanted him back for years…

• zumiee said, on November 8, 2017 at 3:09 pm

And the Melk-maids are looking a little rough these days.

8. Macdog said, on November 8, 2017 at 4:01 pm

In beat writer news, Baggs is joining The Athletic.

• Flavor said, on November 8, 2017 at 4:02 pm

he moves around more than…..there’s gotta be something funny there i just can’t think of it

9. djloo27 said, on November 8, 2017 at 4:56 pm

Doesn’t make it any less tragic, but from the video it looks like Halladay was really courting disaster in that thing. When JFK Jr. crashed piloting a plane he was not equipped to handle, a friend of mine said it was arrogance that killed him…

• Flavor said, on November 8, 2017 at 5:07 pm

yeah, just saw it. To me it is a little less tragic to watch him courting disaster like that. People die every day for tragic reasons. Like Fernandez and his friends, Halladay should be alive today…..

10. Flavor said, on November 8, 2017 at 5:08 pm

also, that “Giants looking into Heyward” rumor has gotten completely debunked by the scribes out here. Say it’s total fiction. This was a funny tweet from Baggs:

11. Flavor said, on November 8, 2017 at 5:11 pm

• willedav said, on November 8, 2017 at 8:19 pm

nikolai bolkov and the iron sheik? Oh man what a riot those guys were.
      Is that Blassie on the right?

• snarkk said, on November 8, 2017 at 8:27 pm

Drumpf’s secret Rooskie contacts during the 2016 election season…

12. Flavor said, on November 8, 2017 at 5:27 pm

JD Martinez wants 200 million dollars……..BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• snarkk said, on November 8, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Another example of why the Giants FO needs to get their collective heads out of their asses and draft/develop some major league outfielders…

13. Flavor said, on November 8, 2017 at 5:56 pm

good news for the Niners first possible W this year. MacDog you guys are fucked! Wahoo!!!!!!!!

• Macdog said, on November 8, 2017 at 8:19 pm

The entire season is fucked, haha.

• unca_chuck said, on November 8, 2017 at 9:20 pm

The Giants win by losing. They need a QB. If the Niners beat the Giants, they have either Darnold or Rosen. Cleve will likely piss yet another season down the tubes.

14. willedav said, on November 8, 2017 at 9:16 pm

took a while but wow what a 3Q by GS.

15. unca_chuck said, on November 8, 2017 at 9:21 pm

Might as well pay JD. Stanton gets what, $350 mill? 400? We could sign him and Bruce.

16. Macdog said, on November 8, 2017 at 9:46 pm

A Timmy sighting!

17. mrsprtdude said, on November 8, 2017 at 9:59 pm

My 3rd fav Giant of all time! W Clark, Bonds!

18. snarkk said, on November 9, 2017 at 12:05 am

Good to see Timmeh out and about.
    At some point, Giants need to give him a “day”.
    I would go to it…

Say Something....

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s