Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 18, 2017

Looking at all those retro threads makes me realize how stupid hot stove talk is. We spent a lot of time voting on and discussing guys who either never came here or who just plain sucked the following year. Therefore I’m just gonna throw 2 flaps in the air and say RIP to Malcolm Young, the heart and soul of one of my favorite bands of all time…..

There’s no way I could pick a favorite song…..

1. unca_chuck said, on November 18, 2017 at 8:53 am

Gone Shootin’ . . .

2. unca_chuck said, on November 18, 2017 at 8:56 am

Ride On . . .

• Flavor said, on November 18, 2017 at 9:09 am

so great, thanks for posting. Stealing this for facebook

3. mrsprtdude said, on November 18, 2017 at 9:47 am

I know it was later and not most die hard lists but I always listen to Thunderstruck!

4. djloo27 said, on November 18, 2017 at 9:55 am

Kareem was easily 8 inches taller than Unseld (excluding afro)…

• Flavor said, on November 18, 2017 at 10:00 am

It was just a tweet making fun of the look on his face. You guys don’t like unseld, wow, lol

5. snarkk said, on November 18, 2017 at 10:03 am

If I had to pick one song for AC/DC, I’d do It’s A Long Way, with Bon Scott. I think it’s the mix of rock and the bagpipe sound, an homage to their Scottish roots. Plus, hard to beat their early stuff with Bon for down and dirty rock. Thunderstruck is cool, too. They had so many iconic tracks, it’s hard to pick one. If Scott had lived, I think they would have stayed edgier, and become even more iconic, if that’s possible.

If you look on youtube, punch up AC/DC at River Plate. There’s a ton of their concert vid shots on youtube in the Johnson as frontman era, but that concert is just off the charts in terms of the crowd. Unreal…

• Flavor said, on November 18, 2017 at 10:40 am

i’ve wondered many times what ACDC would have evolved into over the years if Scott hadn’t died.

6. zumiee said, on November 18, 2017 at 10:19 am

Sorry for the loss of his life; but I’ve always pretty much hated AC/DC.

7. zumiee said, on November 18, 2017 at 11:59 am

John Hart is leaving the Braves. One of his accomplishments was to give Alex Wood to the Dodgers for nothing.

8. alleykat69 said, on November 18, 2017 at 12:04 pm

Bummer about Malcom Young he was the heat&soul of the band!
    My favorites just off the top of my head..
    Back in Black
    Long Way to the Top if you want to Rock&Roll
    Problem Child
    Whole Lotta of Rosie
    Livewire
    Highway to Hell
    TNT
    Thunderstruck

9. zumiee said, on November 18, 2017 at 4:41 pm

There’s a couple of Giants on this elite list:

• djloo27 said, on November 18, 2017 at 4:51 pm

There’s also a guy on the list who briefly played for the Giants when he was absolutely washed up…

• zumiee said, on November 18, 2017 at 5:03 pm

It would have to be Groat. I didn’t know that.

• xoot said, on November 18, 2017 at 5:27 pm

At first I thought you meant Willie Mays with GrOAT

10. zumiee said, on November 18, 2017 at 4:45 pm

Mercer University came to Alabama today to get beat up for a paycheck.
    Blood money.

11. djloo27 said, on November 18, 2017 at 4:55 pm

The great David Cassidy is on his deathbed and that one would hurt…

• zumiee said, on November 18, 2017 at 5:17 pm

I’ve seen every episode of The Partridge Family. That was a nice show, and better than it gets credit for.

• djloo27 said, on November 18, 2017 at 5:19 pm

It was good clean fun.
        Groat is correct…

12. pawliekokonuts said, on November 18, 2017 at 5:14 pm

I couldn’t tell you one song, one word, one note of AM/FM.

• zumiee said, on November 18, 2017 at 5:24 pm

The guitar intro on this song is used at a lot of sporting events. You might recognize it.
      I love the guitar part, but then the vocal comes in and I can’t abide that voice.

• xoot said, on November 18, 2017 at 5:34 pm

The first time I heard the opening to that song was at the initial NFL playoff game in 2002 at the Oakland Coliseum. I thought the doom laden bells made perfect sense as the Raiders got ready to put the Jets away. I was very disappointed to hear it over and over again thereafter at various games. I guess I was listening to too much punk, rockabilly and blues back when AC/DC hit the charts.

• Flavor said, on November 18, 2017 at 6:59 pm

epic. Everyone I grew up with, ACDC was top 5 all time.For me, probably second after Van Halen in terms of best rock bands ever.

• Flavor said, on November 18, 2017 at 7:16 pm

PK,if you didn’t grow up on it you will hate it.

13. zumiee said, on November 18, 2017 at 7:02 pm

Fluke of the schedule, Kings have to play Blazers in back to back games. Not ideal. Tonight in Portland.

• Flavor said, on November 18, 2017 at 7:03 pm

NBA has been doing that more frequently the last 2 years. It’s not a fluke they’re doing it to create fake rivals or something. I don’t know why they do it.

• zumiee said, on November 18, 2017 at 7:08 pm

Kings had a whole 22 hours to enjoy their victory over the Blazers.

14. Flavor said, on November 18, 2017 at 7:11 pm

there we go. Bad ankle can’t stop that dude all game.

15. Flavor said, on November 18, 2017 at 7:47 pm

fuck.

16. Flavor said, on November 18, 2017 at 8:14 pm

Never in doubt.

• zumiee said, on November 18, 2017 at 8:24 pm

• snarkk said, on November 18, 2017 at 8:27 pm

Stanfoo beats the Bears by only 3 at home. I though that 16 spread was way high.
      That close win means the tide is gradually turning towards Berkeley. This Wilcox kid can coach an under talented team in an emotional game.
      And, this version of the Tree really isn’t that good…

• Flavor said, on November 19, 2017 at 5:26 am

8 in a row is an unheard of streak in this rivalry. In fact, that’s the longest it’s been.The only thing turning is Love’s ankle or this win would have been 14 plus

17. snarkk said, on November 18, 2017 at 10:43 pm

Dubs are an amazing team.
    Give up 47 in Q2.