Praying They Cain Do It!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 20, 2017

I appreciate Blade’s post about *the wilderness years*, I really do. But I just can’t bite the bullet. I don’t want to bite the bullet. We only have so many years left as fans, I don’t want to spend them watching Belt walk and Posey deftly go the other way every game.

Simply put, I don’t trust the Giants brass to do a tank job tear down. Besides having never done it before and having no idea how to do it, it’s something they would never do. And because of the first part of the last sentence, that’s probably a good thing…..

So I’ll keep shining those 3 beauties on the mantle and celebrate whatever new deck chairs they put out on the main breezeway. Cain? I guess, sure. Stanton? Ditto. Billy Ham? Yes please.

Any team except the one we had to watch last year. Eat money. Cut guys. I don’t give a shit. Just find a way to get rid of the rotting core….

And trading Bumgarner should be goal #1. I’m assuming he’ll have to come out of the blocks solid next year. But by mid season, and we are toiling in last place, it would be a fantastic time to trade a legend like Bum who would still be controllable for the 2019 season. I have to believe a contending team would overpay for Bum at the deadline next season…..

RPAD Time:

Ah, Big Game memories….

1. Macdog said, on November 20, 2017 at 7:44 am

From the National Sports Radio host for SiriusXM, names being considered in potential Stanton trade:

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on November 20, 2017 at 8:18 am

Assuming the Giants are taking on all of Stanton’s deal I would try to hold onto Shaw. Maybe they think Ramos rises quickly. Otherwise I would recommend Booby put on his big boy pants and get er done.

• Flavor said, on November 20, 2017 at 9:57 am

Sure. I’d do that just to watch new guys play.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on November 20, 2017 at 10:20 am

This proposed deal addresses both concussion & honky factor in one swoop.

2. willedav said, on November 20, 2017 at 8:21 am

Thx Mac. Giants if this goes through as is just added $35 mil in salary.
    Gordon has 4 yrs left on original deal of 5 yrs/$50 mil. Price you have to pay I guess for Stanton.
    Gordon btw hit 45 points lower on road than he did at home (.286 vs. .332).
    Never liked this guy myself. Walked 25 times last year in 695 PAs…200 hits but zero pop and lot of outs (over 450), mostly ground outs to right side.

Still need a CF too.

3. unca_chuck said, on November 20, 2017 at 9:23 am

Just remember, as we all know too well . . .

unnamed

My wife bought this the other day.

4. snarkk said, on November 20, 2017 at 9:30 am

The only good thing with that proposed deal is Beede’s bad rapping and his girlfriend end up in Miami. Otherwise,
    Giants eat $40 extra million a year for two guys, when they need five…

5. unca_chuck said, on November 20, 2017 at 9:48 am

Yeah, that’s my problem with all this. They NEED to do something about the pen and CF. This is hope and pray and . . . Oshit!

6. alleykat69 said, on November 20, 2017 at 10:52 am

The top prospect is Heliot Ramos wth Beede &Shaw&Panik for Stanton&Gordon and all the dough owed Stanton yowzer!!
    Still you get power&speed pull the trigger!

7. alleykat69 said, on November 20, 2017 at 10:57 am

Arroyo obviously becomes the 3rd basemen fuckin Panda can move back to Catcher once Hundley bails..

8. zumiee said, on November 20, 2017 at 11:48 am

Gordon has his limitations as a hitter, but he can be fun to watch. On defense, too. He has tremendous range.
    I think I’m in the fan-camp that just wants to see something more watchable next season, whatever the Giants brass does.

• zumiee said, on November 20, 2017 at 11:50 am

I think a total tanking for several seasons is going to be out of the question for the Giants. That’s just not in Baer’s mindset at all.

9. unca_chuck said, on November 20, 2017 at 1:12 pm

If this ain’t mind-boggling, i don’t know what is:

Stanton hit as many home runs in 127 plate appearances as any Giants player did in 162 games.

10. snarkk said, on November 20, 2017 at 1:35 pm

Waiting for the rumors of Nunie coming back to play 3rd or outfield, since he professed undying love for SF when he was shipped to Boston. I may be waiting quite a while…

• zumiee said, on November 20, 2017 at 3:11 pm

I think he frustrates teams because he’s not durable.

11. zumiee said, on November 20, 2017 at 3:21 pm

I saw this photo-shopped online. Not a good look, from a Giants fan perspective:

• gianthead said, on November 20, 2017 at 5:59 pm

Nightmares!!!

12. unca_chuck said, on November 20, 2017 at 3:22 pm

I don’t want Nooner back. I’d rather stick with Arroyo.

Would you believe Matt Duffy? He’s the catalyst we NEED!!!

• snarkk said, on November 20, 2017 at 4:00 pm

I take Nunie over Panda…

13. Flavor said, on November 20, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Screw Nunie. Can’t stay healthy.

14. blade3colorado said, on November 20, 2017 at 5:51 pm

I’m still in the NO camp. IMO this extends the wilderness years from 5 to 10 years. Speaking of which, these ESPN 10 year Stanton projections for each of the teams are hilarious, especially for the Giants:

15. gianthead said, on November 20, 2017 at 5:55 pm

The Bum is going to die in a Giant uni and I will be thrilled on my own way down into the ground!!

I still think we are the favorites on Stanton unless the Fodgers jump in hard. If true they want us taking Dee Gordon and want Panik in a package then I say ok gents then we are taking Ozuna as well and you get to keep the final years of Misters SPAM AND PENCE.

If they want Panik, then Arroyo probably stays with us and they get Heliot and I hate parting with him but Beede probably the headliner in that package. Can have Shaw as well if we get Ozuna. Marlins save at least $330 mill in that deal.

We get a lead-off in Gordon and plenty of young guns or Gorkys to play CF and hit 8th…no other team is likely willing to take Stanton’s full contract along with Dee Gordon. And still probably only puts us in the $160 mill range for 2019 payroll, leaving us $30-$40 mill to pursue Josh Donaldson (1b…) and some bullpen arms…Arroyo gets third and first shot to claim it.

• blade3colorado said, on November 20, 2017 at 5:59 pm

Umm, just wondering – do the Marlins have any say in your grand design?

• gianthead said, on November 20, 2017 at 6:05 pm

Nada!!!! Want to shed payroll then pay up byatches!!!

Ozuna part of it is a pipe dream but nob way are we taking Dee Gordon without them eating both Spam and Pence. Marlins would save about $10 mill just next year minus whatever Panik gets imn arbitration plus another $300 mill or so. Dont see any other ML team taking on all that payroll. Where the Giants have the advantage. Why I would try and pry Ozuna relaizing that is not very likely or realistic. But then I dont give up Beede then and tell them to take Blach…they only get Beede if we get Ozuna…

• gianthead said, on November 20, 2017 at 6:08 pm

And actually Ozuna is 2nd year arb eligible and will be making probably a whole lot more so Marlins would save even more…

• blade3colorado said, on November 20, 2017 at 6:13 pm

If we get Ozuna, along with Stanton and Gordon, I’ll worship at your altar forever.

16. Flavor said, on November 20, 2017 at 6:31 pm

another $$$ headline today…. I’m on fire.

17. Flavor said, on November 20, 2017 at 6:38 pm

18. pawliekokonuts said, on November 20, 2017 at 8:09 pm

ESPN ran down the list of suitors for Stanton (SOSs), describing why each possible SOS makes sense and why each doesn’t, and they have you scroll to the bottom, and presto! conclude our Giants are the most likely and most logical team to get a deal. Not sure the reasoning is sound. Of course, their big comparison is obtaining Bonds. I forget: how many rings did we get with him or his dad? Read it if you like.

• sandog said, on November 20, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Zero. But he was still the greatest free agent signing in the history of pro sports.
      If this is true and we truly are making credible offers to bring Stanton to SF, I’m fucking impressed with our front office. Yes, the idea of bringing him in has some holes, but it would be ballsy as hell and a strong statement that we don’t accept finishing 40+ games back.

19. willedav said, on November 20, 2017 at 8:59 pm

well that didn’t take long. 10 minutes of UNC b ball and they are up 13.
    Cards were worst 3 pt team in league last year. Having problems defending it too.

• Macdog said, on November 20, 2017 at 9:28 pm

Earlier, it looked like Cal was going to knock off No. 6 Wichita State in Maui, Bears led most of the way but then fell apart against a full-court press and the Shockers pulled away late. Cal guard Coleman pretty impressive with 35 points.