Sunday!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 26, 2017

Well that wraps up a pretty uneventful holiday weekend. I did knock in an eagle from 165 yards out on the 9th hole at The Boulders (south course)—that resulted in some unadulterated hoopla, let me tell you.

But on the baseball front things are quiet.

Cardinal and Dubs both won. Today the Niners stretch their win streak to 2.

RPAD Time. I don’t even remember who *Bartlett* is.

1. djloo27 said, on November 26, 2017 at 7:23 am

I didn’t remember him either…

2. Flavor said, on November 26, 2017 at 8:45 am

what are these two fuckers gonna do after today?

• willedav said, on November 26, 2017 at 9:00 am

hopefully start packing for Florida.

3. willedav said, on November 26, 2017 at 9:17 am

“Personally, I’d gauge Belt’s trade value”, lol. 7 yrs ago, awesome.

These are fun to look back at in hindsight–Zito, Sando, Nate, Ishi, Adrianza.

@Mac–yeah I did see that story on Bama b-ball game. Coached by Avery Johnson, guy I always liked. He and CWeb were awesome combo on pick and roll for GS…til Nelson f-ed everything up and traded him for billy owens.

Many years ago I was coaching a team where only 5 guys showed up. Best player picked up 3 fouls in first half and then fouled out late 3rd Q. A-hole coach of other team decided to pressure us half court 5 on 4, then after awhile played 4 on 4, then went back to 5-4. All I could do was use time outs to keep guys fresh but we were never in game. One of those times I couldn’t believe I shook his hand after game, but did..

4. wilcojoe said, on November 26, 2017 at 9:25 am

That’s awesome Flav. I was trying to think of the longest distance I have ever “holed” out and I honestly can’t think of anything longer than a mid distance pitch of 30-40 yards. Goes without saying, I have never had an ace. Closest was in a golf tournament at Barton Creek (a really nice course in Austin) in which I came about 6 inches from one on a 170 yard par 3. Ended up winning the closest to the pin prize which was a golf travel bag and $400.

• Flavor said, on November 26, 2017 at 9:28 am

that’s the furthest I’ve ever holed out so I was pretty stoked. 165 yards, 8 iron. There was a hill in front of the green so I couldn’t see it land, but when I hit it I knew it was good. When I got up there, no ball on green. I thought, shit, maybe I flew it. Walking on to green I told my mom, “lemme just check the cup first.” I saw it, pulled out the flag, ball popped out and 4some celebrated.
      At least you won something for your shot, my family just plays for fun.

5. willedav said, on November 26, 2017 at 11:18 am

Kinda funny the old thread mentions Jeter and how much he’d made up to that point.
    Isn’t he only a minor investor in the Marlins? And I think I read they are looking for more financing…while getting ready to dump salary and trade away top team talent.

Zags really good, again as I watch them dismantle Texas. What a b-ball factory that school has become.

6. unca_chuck said, on November 26, 2017 at 11:55 am

St Mary’s as well. They have a 6′ 11″ center Jock Landale who looks real good. He’s a senior.

7. snarkk said, on November 26, 2017 at 12:00 pm

Back in the days when I could and did golf, at Bayonet down near Monterrey I fired a 4 iron from about 190 uphill into the green over a ton of traps on the badass par 4, 9th. Walked up to the green and saw no ball. I knew I stoned it and it should be birdie time, but maybe I overclubbed? After two minutes looking in back fringe, etc., I thought, OK, could it be? Looked in hole and there was the ball — an eagle 2. Longest I’ve ever holed out. No aces. I haven’t even picked up a club in 5+ years now…

8. unca_chuck said, on November 26, 2017 at 12:03 pm

Hit a shot once that was completely obscured by bushes where I couldn’t see the green. I hooked it around the bushes and wandered around the green looking for it. Finally looked in the cup and there it was. I was about 130 yards out. Best chip in is about 20 yards. I’ve hit putts longer than that though.

9. zumiee said, on November 26, 2017 at 1:05 pm

• Flavor said, on November 26, 2017 at 1:20 pm

wow.Big. I might delete that one later after everyone gets a chance to view it.

• zumiee said, on November 26, 2017 at 1:25 pm

I didn’t realize it would be so big.
        Yeah, he’s better off deleted.

10. snarkk said, on November 26, 2017 at 1:27 pm

Cal losing to a Meh! UCLA not surprising. When up against a really good QB (Rosen first half only) the Bears fair quality pass defense rears it’s ugly head. On road, the still challenged defensive quality roster shows up. They end up with 5 wins, I predicted 4-6, and they played Stanfoo tough — so I’m satisfied in a first year with Wilcox. Best win was the smashing of Cougs at Strawberry Canyon. They should be getting some good recruits in this offseason, unlike the terrible recruiter Sonny Dykes. Wilcox is a definite comer. I’m hoping for a bowl eligible record next season. I predict in 4 years he’s going to have a very competitive program — then he’ll leave…

11. pawliekokonuts said, on November 26, 2017 at 2:23 pm

Latest blog piece: thelaughorist.blogspot.com/2017/11/apart-meants.html
    I think you can get away without the http:// in front.

12. willedav said, on November 26, 2017 at 2:27 pm

props to Texas for coming all the way back to force Zags to OT. They had lead down to 11 were playing tough man D under Smart, a really good coach.
    Lot of good games still coming up later. Duck Fuke!

13. zumiee said, on November 26, 2017 at 4:05 pm

Today’s 49er result:

14. Flavor said, on November 26, 2017 at 4:15 pm

nice payoff for watching this wretched Niner game to the end. Got to see JimmyG flash his stuff.

15. unca_chuck said, on November 26, 2017 at 6:23 pm

Tell ya one thing, I’m not very impressed with the plays Shanny ran today. All these slow-developing plays were what drove me nuts about Singletary and JImmy Hay Raye. Seattle was getting pressure all day and we didn’t adjust with quicker passes. Granted, BeatHard is slower than molasses and has the quick-thinking ability of Yertle the turtle, but he was under a lot of pressure.

16. Dave O'Gorman said, on November 27, 2017 at 5:38 am

I’m on the other side of the world in Cambodia and I’ve been watching some old regular season baseball games on YouTube. Can someone recommend a regular season Giants home game from any year before 2017 — without telling me the exact outcome or spoiling why they’d recommend it — that I can watch in its entirety on that platform this evening? Just a date and year, home games only please. Thanks!

• Flavor said, on November 27, 2017 at 5:45 am

this is one of the top 10 posts of the year. Thanks for this! I am going to put up a new thread with this in the main body, ok? I bet we’ll get some rec’d. Any info on what it’s like to live in Cambodia would be greatly appreciated.

• Dave O'Gorman said, on November 27, 2017 at 6:12 am

Thank you!!!! Anything you want to know about Cambodia, I am at your service. Cheap, easy to move to, surprisingly cosmopolitan. I’ve got a YouTube channel at CinemaDemocratica with a few of my recent adventures on it.