YouTube Request

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 27, 2017

Late November is not known as good time to harvest interesting threads. As I was sitting here in the dark trying to come up with a different way to spin Stanton not ever coming to the Giants I noticed a 25th comment on the last thread pop up. This was it. Please help this guy out if you can and maybe he’ll tell us more about Cambodia. Dave O’Gorman is a good reminder of why baseball fans are the best…. either that or maybe the nightlife in Cambodia ain’t what it used to be. 🙂

Dave O’Gorman said, on November 27, 2017 at 5:38 am (Edit)

I’m on the other side of the world in Cambodia and I’ve been watching some old regular season baseball games on YouTube. Can someone recommend a regular season Giants home game from any year before 2017 — without telling me the exact outcome or spoiling why they’d recommend it — that I can watch in its entirety on that platform this evening? Just a date and year, home games only please. Thanks!

RPAD Time. Four years ago. No reason for it, just liked the Panda for Cespedes rumor:

1. willedav said, on November 27, 2017 at 7:24 am

Vogs, lol. And who could have figured Juan Perez would wind up in LF in WS, in a rotation with Ishi and Morse.

Gotta wonder about Stanton deal, if Marlins are holding out for something better than Giants offer. SF is taking $40 mil off their hands and giving up a GG 2b who last year raked outside of ATT (10 bombs and .900 OPS iirc) and their top pitching and hitting prospects. None of these 3 will cost much at all.

2. willedav said, on November 27, 2017 at 7:34 am

Panik numbers from last year, some extreme splits:

Home: .249 .310 .326
    Away: .320 .378 .500 all 10 HRs

4 separate months hit over .300/ 2 bad months (may and july) .192 and .216 with OPS under .600. Other months lowest OPS .778.

3. zumiee said, on November 27, 2017 at 7:58 am

June 13, 2012 is a great home game.

4. willedav said, on November 27, 2017 at 8:20 am

great weekend of college b-ball. especially if you are Portland State.

• Macdog said, on November 27, 2017 at 8:29 am

Would’ve been a lot better if Florida hadn’t collapsed against Duke.

• Irish Kevin said, on November 27, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Go Duke, sorry Mac, I like Duke

5. unca_chuck said, on November 27, 2017 at 9:41 am

Dave, try 6/13/2012.

• zumiee said, on November 27, 2017 at 11:53 am

• unca_chuck said, on November 27, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Ahhh Zumie, didn’t see your post re the Houston game.

6. zumiee said, on November 27, 2017 at 11:54 am

Dave, why only home games? Just curious.

• Flavor said, on November 27, 2017 at 12:23 pm

my guess is that he’s from the area and misses the park

• Flavor said, on November 27, 2017 at 12:24 pm

although his facebook page would seem to contradict that take

• djloo27 said, on November 27, 2017 at 1:34 pm

My guess is that he is never heard from again…

• Flavor said, on November 27, 2017 at 2:43 pm

lol, it’s late November, I’ll take the “DaveO’Gorman” talk and be thankful for it.

• zumiee said, on November 27, 2017 at 3:24 pm

lulz!

• Dave O'Gorman said, on November 27, 2017 at 8:39 pm

As a Giants fan, it’s more fun to watch home games because the crowd agrees with me when good things happen. I know that’s silly, but if I’m going out of my way to watch a re-broadcast anyway, I may as well narrow it to games where the crowd and I are in synch.

7. Flavor said, on November 27, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Talib got Crabtree’s chains again? That is so awesome. And this year he even had the chain taped to his chest, lol. Next year he’s going to have it surgically sewn into his rib cage and you know what? Fucking Talib still gonna snatch it. lqtm

8. Flavor said, on November 27, 2017 at 6:11 pm

missed this on the last thread. I knew he’d come back to us!
    Dave O’Gorman said, on November 27, 2017 at 6:12 am (Edit)
    Thank you!!!! Anything you want to know about Cambodia, I am at your service. Cheap, easy to move to, surprisingly cosmopolitan. I’ve got a YouTube channel at CinemaDemocratica with a few of my recent adventures on it.

• sandog said, on November 27, 2017 at 6:43 pm

Still leaves the “home games only” question unanswered.
      My guess is that he has an aversion to home runs–especially those hit by lefties.
      #FixATT

• Dave O'Gorman said, on November 27, 2017 at 8:59 pm

I’ll take a regular season away game, if someone wants to recommend one….

9. Flavor said, on November 27, 2017 at 7:08 pm

this is a great tweet on many levels

10. zumiee said, on November 27, 2017 at 7:40 pm

No Curry and Durant tonight. The Kings have a chance! Maybe….

• willedav said, on November 27, 2017 at 8:27 pm

very winnable game for Sac. Casspi and McCaw start, bell looney and the old men Livingston iguodala and West, Nick Young. See what the Kings got.

11. willedav said, on November 27, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Gotta be tough to coach the Kings with all the young players they have. How to divide up the minutes to give guys a chance to show what they can do and put together a combination of guys that can play good ball—handle ball cleanly, make good decisions, shoot and score, play d and rebound. Oh, and try to win as many games as possible.

• zumiee said, on November 27, 2017 at 8:56 pm

They had some trouble with Warriors’ double-team. They got flustered in the first half on those.

• zumiee said, on November 27, 2017 at 9:11 pm

I have no idea why a washed-up Vince Carter is on the Kings’ roster. He’s useless.

• zumiee said, on November 27, 2017 at 9:22 pm

Hey, he made some plays just now. First time all season. It only took two months.

• zumiee said, on November 27, 2017 at 9:37 pm

But he can’t defend jack anymore. The Warriors score at will on him.

12. pawliekokonuts said, on November 27, 2017 at 9:22 pm

april 7, 2016

13. zumiee said, on November 27, 2017 at 10:02 pm

Entertaining game.

14. blade3colorado said, on November 28, 2017 at 2:28 am

Carter has been a backup since he left the Suns in 2011. However, he’s a HOF easily . . . Carter ranks 25th on the NBA all-time scoring list. Of the top 38 all-time scorers, 27 are already in the Hall of Fame. Carter and Kobe Bryant are the only players to average at least 20 points per game in 10 straight seasons between 1999-2000 and 2008-09. Carter is sixth in total points since entering the league in 1998-99. The only players with more are Bryant, Nowitzki, Pierce, James and Duncan.

Carter’s best stretch of his career was from 1999-2000 to 2006-07. He ranked sixth in points per game (24.6), 12th in Player Efficiency Rating (22.2) and 15th in win shares (71.0) during that time. Also, Carter is sixth all-time in 3-pointers made (1,853).

Just my take, but he’s had a much, much better career than Antawn Jamison, whom the Warriors traded for on draft day in 1998. As a person, he also wasn’t embroiled in drugs or other bull shit during his career. Toronto, where he spent his best years – hated him, after thinking he was instrumental in getting himself traded to the Nets. However, that’s been disproven and the fans love him there now. He’s also one of the few players with a college degree (going back to school to receive his 5-6 years later after leaving NC).