Two Flaps Up: Good Bye Friend.

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 27, 2018

Some very nice sentiments left on the last thread about Twinfan. He left the blog, I want to say around 2014, but his *aura* has always been here. My relationship with him was…..complicated.

I have 1,016 emails from him. ONE THOUSAND AND SIXTEEN. You guys have no idea the number of complaints he fired at me over the years. They often came across like direct orders. Here’s a screen shot of just a few of them. If you can read the subj line you get a flavor of them:

Screenshot 2018-01-27 at 6.39.35 AM

In this next excerpt, you’ll notice the subj line “quick computer question” that has 45 exchanges in it with the preview being nothing computer question related. LOL.

Screenshot 2018-01-27 at 7.26.12 AM

I could go on and on but you guys get the gist. I will just say this: Twin was high maintenance. But not always in a bad way. I just think he demanded the greatest awareness and knowledge of the game from those with whom he interacted. If you didn’t give that, he’d let you know you have to be better. In the *twinnest* way possible.

His contests were great. I miss setting those up with him. He REALLY got into those behind the scenes. He was an unbelievably generous person. I always tried to remember that his bitterness came from having to participate in a war he didn’t start or want. And in the end, 45 years later, it’s what killed him.

I’ll find a way to properly honor him here at the Flap. Nothing’s hit me yet. He’s just biding his time. Somehow, some way, like a doink on my dundering head, he’ll let me know.

He wouldn’t have it any other way….

1. Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:12 am

hey, I’ve met Dirt, he’s no pussy.

Flavor
    3/13/13

to Michael
    I didn’t call you a liar. I guess I should have said “it appears as though he identified a falsehood in your comment.”
    Twin, You never have put up with any sh!t from this crew. You are hyper sensitive to anyone speaking even remotely disrespectful to you and call them personal attacks. But it’s never been a two way street with you. Last night is a good example. You called Dirt a pussy and then didn’t see anything wrong with that.
    Look, I supported you on Loo’s over-the-top comment from last night, as well as the two that followed. But for the most part, I think you overreact to this stuff.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on January 28, 2018 at 10:11 am

Haha. Thanks for defending my honor, Flavor. I’m sure that nobody escaped Twin’s flame. I remember basically ignoring Twin from almost the inception of the blog and at some point I felt he was ruining the blog with his abusive behavior and told him as much. I also remember actually backing him a couple of time-I’m sure he didn’t notice or interpret it that way. lulz.

Honestly, in some ways I think posting all of these emails is unhealthy.

2. Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:13 am

Flavor
    3/13/13

to Michael
    you weren’t the prob last night but you have been a HUGE problem for me today. You know, I’ve got other things to do in my life than respond to all your paranoid, angry emails. Just relax man, none of this stuff should be this big of a deal to you.

3. Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:14 am

Michael Scott
    3/14/13

to me
    You had no right deleting my post on Hayhurst. Man, this is fucking bullshit. Restore my post on top of today’s. I humored you by going with the Worst player post after you trashed the Hayhurst but you NEVER delete other writer’s posts and there are HORRIBLE ones. More disrespect from you .
    I’m so pissed – you have no idea.

4. Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:15 am

Michael Scott
    3/14/13

to me
    All utter bullshit. As I said, any honorable person would have at least asked me before deleting it and discussed it, maybe asked that I do some editing. Instead you pull that shit in the middle of the night.

5. Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:16 am

having to use strong language with him…
    Flavor
    3/14/13

to Michael
    fuck you. I did it this morning. You had like 6 comments since you posted it and half of them were from you. It was a DEAD THREAD man. Don’t lecture me on this. I am right and you are wrong.

6. Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:16 am

Michael Scott
    3/14/13

to me
    You deserve lecturing- I should have been consulted before you did that. And of course there no comments- there never are hardly any after 9 or 10 at night.
    I’m in the right pal-mostly because you have zero idea about the diff between right and wrong.

7. Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:17 am

Flavor
    3/14/13

to Michael
    I know. No one has a clue about right or wrong. You and you alone are always in the right and always a victim. Now THAT is a theme that’s grown quite old.

8. Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:18 am

Michael Scott
    3/30/13

to me
    If I’m going to get shit from the whole cult, well..it’s fucking bullshit.

9. Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:19 am

when Loo and Twin weren’t getting along. This one is funny. BTW Loo was never banned I don’t know what he’s talking about here.

Michael Scott
    4/6/13

to me
    I’m going to bed. Really, just reinstate him. All you’ll do by banning him is make him a midget martyr who that nasty twinfan baited into being a dickhead. Goodnight.

10. Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:20 am

him trying to fix it with an email to Loo, cc’d me
    Michael Scott
    4/7/13

to DJLoo, me
    Loo,
    If I upset you with how I handled the Mays video, I’m sorry. And I’m sorry if you have other issues with me that caused you to say very hurtful things, even bringing family into it. But I can’t believe you really meant what you said and don’t want to see you depart the Flap. You are a beloved person there, everybody would miss you- me included. I hope Craig will reconsider his ban and that you will ask him to do so. I’m sending a copy of this to Craig,
    Michael

• Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:23 am

Loo was never banned, Twin just thought he was.

11. Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:21 am

Michael Scott
    4/24/13

to me
    You’re like the ref who flags the second guy. Zumie has been trying to start a beef with me for months- and you know that, you even acknowledged it once. The fact is it’s a total lie that I have unfairly criticized Pagan- so calking me troll AND lying about what I’ve said about him definitely merits deletion
    Michael Scott
    4/24/13

to me
    He deserved it, calling me troll. But fine, I can thrash the idiot on his lack of baseball knowledge as nicely as can be.
    But you damn well a post calling me a troll should be deleted- as that started it.

12. Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:21 am

Craig
    4/24/13

to Michael
    You were actually the bigger dick to him, that’s why you got deleted and his post stayed.

Sent from a rotary phone. Don’t ask questions…

13. Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:22 am

ok that’s enough for today…

14. Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:30 am

by the way, I have considered the take that releasing these emails publicly is a breach of trust between me and Twin. I do see that. But I don’t think there’s anything in there that surprises anyone. And frankly, a lot of it is pretty funny. It has also been cathartic for me to go through all these emails and reflect back on my relationship with Twin and how I handled stressful encounters back then. I also think it’s important for you guys to know what it was like dealing with him on the *back end* of the blog.
    If anyone has a problem with me sharing these emails you are perfectly free to skip over them.

15. unca_chuck said, on January 28, 2018 at 8:34 am

I have a few doozies…

16. willedav said, on January 28, 2018 at 8:59 am

7:05–“I’m not telling you how to run your blog…” um, no of course not x 1000.
    Btw, thx for sticking up for all of us.

17. willedav said, on January 28, 2018 at 9:03 am

that was one hella game last night too. How anyone could trade Kyrie Irving away is beyond me.
    I thought Kerr outfoxed them by doubling him on the screens and making him give up the ball. No one else on the floor is near as dangerous on 3 or the drive.

18. unca_chuck said, on January 28, 2018 at 9:45 am

Here’s a quick one….. He loved to threaten to come take the computer back.

Michael
    To:
    unca_chuck@yahoo.com

Jun 21, 2012 at 6:21 PM

HAPPY?

You harangue me all day and now I’m forced to leave. You at least owe it to Bozo and the others to try to talk him into staying. That I get the rap on this is really wrong, Chuck. Enjoy your gift.

19. unca_chuck said, on January 28, 2018 at 9:55 am

Ouch . . . This one is in reference to a beef Michael had with a guy on my blog, RTF. Michael wanted me to send RTF a ton of medical reports he sent to me. I told him I had backed him up earlier about his issues . . .

From: Michael
    To: Charles Bay
    Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 12:12 AM
    Subject: Re: BLOG

As I said on you blog, I’ll never forgive you for not backing me when RT accused me of lying when you KNOW of my cancers. Maybe you don’t care about that, but it was truly lowlife. I won’t post on your blog again. When your ire is reserved for opinions about dumb football games and you pass on being a human being, I’ve had enough of you, Chuck. I don’t whine, you miserable little prick- I forcefully state my opinion. YOU whine and weasel, and support the lowlifes.

20. unca_chuck said, on January 28, 2018 at 10:04 am

Another good one . . .

From: Michael
    Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:04 PM
    To: paulkocak@mac.com, me
    Subject: Your post yesterday

Paul, That was a great way to kick it off.
    I’m a little disappointed that you don’t seem to understand that I spent a lot of my normal sleep time trying to recover it, and helping Ted, putting up a post to explain for others what happened, etc. It seems the well has been poisoned for me. I’ve made legitimate, non-attack posts today- I do not expect to have the blog author go on and on and on and on rebutting a valid opinion. I took the rap for the demise of the previous blog, some of even deserved- it’s not happening again. You seem to get it – but I expect all blog editors to get it too, and police what Chuck is doing. It’s bullshit to be praising his thread while he’s harassing me about my opinions. The new blog will last long if it is to be another where I either agree or be harangued.

Added: the proper way for the blog author to respond to a non-abusive but differing opinion is to acknowledge the difference, indicate respect for the dissenting view-and move on. Not harangue the dissenter all day. If anyone doesn’t understand or doesn’t understand the proper role of the blog author, they should now try to do so. I’m not having this go as before. I’ve offered non-attack reasonable comments and I’m not going to be made the villain for that.

21. unca_chuck said, on January 28, 2018 at 10:09 am

Included is my response to this one

Michael
    To:
    unca_chuck@yahoo.com

Nov 6, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I had totally dropped the unpleasant bullshit on the evening of the AZ game. In fact, I hadn’t posted at all. Then, hoping the rest had been smart enough to drop it, I saw Phil’s disgusting post. Yeah, I objected loudly to it- but the screed was RT’s , “skippy”. Look at the blog now. I’ve posted a couple responses to a post by 12. Yeah, about Smith. Now let’s see if it will be replied to in a civil manner by all. If so, it would be a first. Bulletin: it doesn’t matter if I’m right or wrong or if you or anybody else thinks it’s Me and Alex in mad man love- I’m just as entitled to my opinion as anybody else there. It’s not unreasonable to expect that you actually pay attention to who starts the bullshit.

From: Charles Bay
    Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 10:40 AM
    To: Michael
    Subject: My blog

Yeah, I should have deleted that post. But that doesn’t give you the right to go on a 2 day screed of bullshit after the fact. I figured if I just moved on everyone else would. How wrong was I? Again, after the initial situation was long past, you threw gas on the fire for the next 2 days.

I don’t know what Grumpy Guy ever said to you, but he hasn’t provoked you in a long time, yet you attack him for merely posting anything. Whatever happened then is long gone.

The rest of the bullshit? Fuck it. I killed it all.

This is becoming very tiresome.

My question is, why does it all circle around you?

• Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 11:06 am

it seems we got similar doses of him

22. alleykat69 said, on January 28, 2018 at 10:15 am

This shit tossing back&forth is classic!!
    Wish we all could of had a personal one day flapalooza with Michael when he was healthy. To really vent are grievances at the #1 all time knowledgeable baseball mind that no other person could match,cause he wouldn’t fuckin let you try, we were just his little deciples at the bottom of Mt.Michael which is even above Mt.Olympus in the pecking order..

23. zumiee said, on January 28, 2018 at 10:49 am

This one was about me:

“I can thrash the idiot on his lack of baseball knowledge as nicely as can be.”

Gold! 🙂

• zumiee said, on January 28, 2018 at 10:51 am

There was a lot of good about him. He just got pretty intense about these blogs.

24. snarkk said, on January 28, 2018 at 11:01 am

BF, I knew you dealt with this on background, but seeing samples of the daily dose?
    Oy, I don’t know how you put up with that for years…

• Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 11:08 am

i got good at responding to him. My responses seem long and involved but that’s just how I think/type. It all comes out very quickly. So i didn’t spend a ton of time on it. And I kept my talking points tight with him. Now and again I had to tell him to fuck off but that wasn’t really different from the blog. He was the one who got a lot more involved and detailed with the emails. I would rather have him vent to me than scare more people off the blog

25. bassbaldy said, on January 28, 2018 at 12:01 pm

WOW!!! Wow, Wow, Holy Cow Wow! I had no idea. I’d read much banter here about the legendary TwinFan over the year and half or so that I participated on this blog but never in the deepest recesses of my imagination did I for one moment realize the intensity, the volatile and incendiary nature of the exchanges between you regular Flappers and TF.

In any case, I pass on my deepest condolences to all of you. Whether you thought of TF as a friend or adversary, his passing seems to be a milestone. He was undoubtably a veritable force in this universe. R.I.P. TwinFan.

• alleykat69 said, on January 28, 2018 at 12:19 pm

Hey Baldy are you still down in Arizona (Bisbee as I remember?)
      Anyway not sure if you took much of “The Wrath of Kahn” oops make that “The Wrath of Twin” but good hearing from you ..

• bassbaldy said, on January 28, 2018 at 12:52 pm

Yes,Kat still in Bisbee. Thanks for asking. N I never had the pleasure of TF praise or wrath. I only saw about two or three posts by him in my time here and they were all quite sedate by comparison to what
        I have been reading here now.

• bassbaldy said, on January 28, 2018 at 12:56 pm

Apologies for any typos .. For some reason (I think it is because my old iPad won’t support OS10) I can only see the top of the letters I’m typing, The reply box is narrowed to be just a sliver.

26. Stan Shell said, on January 28, 2018 at 12:27 pm

A Confession and Apology from OSF…..

BF, don’t feel any negative thoughts about posting some of TF’s old posts. I think he would enjoy the thoughts and emotions expressed here since his passing.

Confession:
    As stated before, when I started on the Splash TF was the obvious dominant force. That’s why I took him on from the start. I realize now that was a form of trolling that was intended. As things moved to the Flap, I enjoyed tweaking him just to see him react- -more trolling.
    One day during a back and forth flame throwing session, BF threatened me with banishment if I didn’t leave him alone. Figuring that he and TF were in one of their “love” cycles and that BF was taking sides inappropriately, I thought, “Fuck them both!”, and quit the Flap. I missed all three W.S. years with you guys.

Apology:
    Now I see the background that BF had to go through on a daily basis and can see why he didn’t want me to add more shit to the system.
    So, BF, I am sorry that I blamed you for that dialog that day. I’m happy that you have continued The Flap over these years and wish you many more years at it. If you guys ever have another get together at the Phone Park maybe I’ll come down from Oregon and take part.

OSF (A.K.A. the Clubber) (How did he come up with that??!)

• zumiee said, on January 28, 2018 at 12:48 pm

From the now illegal practice of clubbing baby seals that used to happen for their furs.
      TF allowed himself the kind of dark humor that he often wasn’t as generous with allowing other people.

• Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 1:00 pm

Thanks. Better late than never, aye?

27. Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 1:04 pm

Many years ago I diagnosed Twin with Borderline Personality Disorder. Look it up if u don’t know any borderlines. They’re a tough go to deal with.

• zumiee said, on January 28, 2018 at 1:41 pm

Looking at Wikipedia, I can see why you went with that diagnosis.

“Borderline personality disorder may be characterized by the following signs and symptoms:

Markedly disturbed sense of identity

Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment and extreme reactions to such

Splitting (“black-and-white” thinking)

Impulsivity and impulsive or dangerous behaviours

Intense or uncontrollable emotional reactions that often seem disproportionate to the event or situation

Unstable and chaotic interpersonal relationships

Self-damaging behavior

Distorted self-image

Dissociation

Frequently accompanied by depression, anxiety, anger, substance abuse, or rage

The most distinguishing symptoms of BPD are marked sensitivity to rejection or criticism, and intense fear of possible abandonment. Overall, the features of BPD include unusually intense sensitivity in relationships with others, difficulty regulating emotions, and impulsivity. Other symptoms may include feeling unsure of one’s personal identity, morals, and values; having paranoid thoughts when feeling stressed; dissociation and depersonalization; and, in moderate to severe cases, stress-induced breaks with reality or psychotic episodes.”

• Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 3:51 pm

minus the dissociation or psychotic episodes, I think this is spot on

28. snarkk said, on January 28, 2018 at 1:34 pm

Just delivered the younger Snarkette to SF Ballet in downtown SF. Auditions for summer program at Julliard in NYC. This is like trying to get into that east coast baseball summer league for high school baseball kids. Expectant parents in the waiting room. Dreading either the kid doesn’t get a call back or if yes, crap she might get in and then the expense! The younger Snarkette tho, is down with reality. She knows she has a punchers chance, but the experience is good. These dancers are as tough as nails, always injured. She’s got a bad back right now with spasms but is gutting it out for this chance…

• zumiee said, on January 28, 2018 at 1:58 pm

Here’s hoping she gets it!

• alleykat69 said, on January 28, 2018 at 2:53 pm

Pulling for the young Snarkette Snarkk!
      Maybe she pulls off a Jessica Beal “Flashdance” moment and blows the judges away!!

29. zumiee said, on January 28, 2018 at 2:01 pm

Purdue is #3 in men’s hoops. Who knew? They have a center that is the young Bill Walton,

30. pawliekokonuts said, on January 28, 2018 at 4:10 pm

Snarkk, good luck to the young snarkkette. My daughter who was a soloist at PA Ballet has auditioned for SF. she likes them for their Balanchine. At 15, she went to SAB, not Juilliard, a week before 9/11. She’s now doing some freelance ballet gigs, teaching pilates, and going fulltime to Hunter College (4.0). So, good luck!

31. pawliekokonuts said, on January 28, 2018 at 4:12 pm

Way up above I see I was caught in a TF fray. Sigh. Man, Magnus, this took / takes a shitload of time out of your days. Thanks.

32. unca_chuck said, on January 28, 2018 at 4:44 pm

Everyone it seems was caught up at one time or another.

• Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 5:01 pm

i still miss the guy

• djloo27 said, on January 28, 2018 at 5:53 pm

This is a great tribute to Twin. He was a true showman who knew that the worst thing to be was boring. As nutty as a lot of this stuff might appear, you have to admire the passion and committment. I think he would love the fact that he is still keeping us entertained and enthralled…

• djloo27 said, on January 28, 2018 at 5:57 pm

And a tribute to you as well, Flavor…

• Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 6:43 pm

i tend to agree with you. I think Twin would enjoy knowing we were hashing about him all day long. He was a complete narcissist so this would be right up his alley.

33. Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 5:51 pm

I’m struggling to understand how this Larry Nasser stuff went on for so long. If my daughter came home and said her dr. fingered her I don’t think I’d be taking a wait and see approach, trying to convince her it wasn’t what she thought it was, etc. He would suffer a very painful death and I might end up in prison but his days of fingering girls would be over. WHAT IN THE MOTHERFUCK WAS GOING ON THERE?

• djloo27 said, on January 28, 2018 at 6:10 pm

Parents blinded by $ signs?
      Is that possible?

• Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 6:42 pm

not to me. I can’t imagine brushing off my kid after she tells me what he did to her. Inconceivable actually

• zumiee said, on January 28, 2018 at 6:11 pm

The thing is, a lot of women are hesitant to tell someone for a lot of reasons, with victim-shaming being one of the big reasons. The victim feels they are going to be attacked or blamed in some way, which often happens unfortunately. Also, the women don’t want to be seen differently the rest of their lives, that they will be a sexual assault victim in people’s eyes from now on. There’s a well done documentary about college rape that came out recently. I saw the film last year, but I can’t think of the title at the moment.

• djloo27 said, on January 28, 2018 at 6:14 pm

But don’t they talk to each other?

• zumiee said, on January 28, 2018 at 6:14 pm

It’s called “The Hunting Ground.” Highly recommended.

• zumiee said, on January 28, 2018 at 6:22 pm

Loo, some of the victims in this case probably talked to each other about it, but when it came to reporting, they hit a wall of resistance from the university and local law enforcement, which usually has strong ties to a big university. “The Hunting Ground” is an incredibly anger-inducing film. Things are starting to change, though. Every time more women come forward, it emboldens others.
        Remember the woman that Jameis Winston raped got crushed by Florida St. University and the community. And he walked free.

• xoot said, on January 28, 2018 at 6:34 pm

I have a hard time understanding how a huge number of adults–parents, teachers, trainers, coaches, MDs, et al.–conspire to discipline kids into devoting their lives to demanding individual sports like gymnastics, swimming, tennis, and so forth. I spent my last year of HS in Santa Clara. We lived just down the street from the swim club that spawned Mark Spitz and others. The little brother of a girl I was dating was a swimmer–a tiny 6 year old with a muscle-bound physique. He looked like a miniature Tim Lincecum. I stopped by their house one night just as the parents were busy searching for the kid. They finally found him hiding under a bed, and then they carried him, weeping like the helpless little kid he was, out to the car to go to swim practice.

34. Flavor said, on January 28, 2018 at 6:40 pm

there were several reports of these girls telling their parents. And their parents did shit about it, buying into the lies Nasser told all the way down. Absolutely unbelievable to me. Again, if my daughter comes home from practice and is able to tell me that her fucking dr performed a *treatment* on her that involved fingering her…he dead.

• zumiee said, on January 28, 2018 at 6:45 pm

So the daughter also loses her father to prison? The ramifications of reporting run through the victim’s mind.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on January 28, 2018 at 9:26 pm

Yup, I don’t get people that doubt their kids to such a degree. My experience has been that kids are more honest than adults and see people for who they truly are. Anyone pulls any of that shit with not just my kids but as far out as my 3rd cousin twice removed they better hope they’re in custody when I find out.

• wilcojoe said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:38 pm

I will have to check this place out. It’s on Telephone Rd (great Steve Earle song) in Houston.

• xoot said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:44 pm

I guess Houston’s bout as big as a city can get

• zumiee said, on January 28, 2018 at 7:51 pm

It opens for business soon.
      “Expected to open sometime next week, Hunter Pence showed up to the Houston coffee shop on Sunday to unveil its colorful, abstract art walls. Befitting someone opening a shop devoted to his off-the-field passions, Pence was quite excited”

• snarkk said, on January 28, 2018 at 8:11 pm

The dude may have a coffee addiction — maybe that’s why he hits so many damn dribblers? Dave Grohl redux?

35. Macdog said, on January 28, 2018 at 9:25 pm

My wife went to Michigan State and is absolutely furious over what’s happened there. She even wrote a column about it (and now in written form what I’ve been hearing for the last several days), so I thought you guys might be interested in this.

• snarkk said, on January 28, 2018 at 9:44 pm

Great column.
      Heads need to roll at MSU and wherever the facts lead to those that covered up…

• Macdog said, on January 28, 2018 at 9:56 pm

Thanks, “Odious Snarkk” (haha), I’ll pass that along. And best of luck with younger Snarkette and the ballet.

• unca_chuck said, on January 28, 2018 at 9:53 pm

Everyone is in on it. Everyone’s accountable. Something this big can’t be unknown at the top.

• xoot said, on January 28, 2018 at 10:39 pm

Very forceful and convincing piece. The good writing doesn’t exactly contain the anger, but it keeps it focused.

36. unca_chuck said, on January 28, 2018 at 9:42 pm

I haven’t read too much about the Nasser deal, but I did see the Michigan state story on ESPN regarding football and basketball players basically getting away with gang rape, assault, and physical abuse of women over the past 10 years, and it’s sickening that these institutions have no problem hiding these kinds of things.

What I can’t begin to even fathom is ESPN is the one that has been on Mich State for the past 5 years to release the police reports with the athletes actually named. ESPN. The college, the town, and the state police all were stonewalling this. Tom Izzo pleads ignorance a la Joe Pa, and everyone is quick to hide names and disavow everything. It disgusts me.

Same fucking place where Nasser did his shit. And yeah, I find out who did something like this to my child and I go all Ellie Nesler on his ass.

37. unca_chuck said, on January 28, 2018 at 9:51 pm

Jesus. Gut-wrenching article, Mac. I had no idea the women’s gymnastics coaches were in on the coverup.

• Macdog said, on January 28, 2018 at 9:59 pm

Yeah, this could turn out to be way worse than Penn State. Izzo already was asked about rape allegations surrounding his program from a few years ago in today’s post-game press conference. This only reaffirms my view of what a cesspool college sports has become.

• Macdog said, on January 28, 2018 at 10:01 pm

Ah, I see you made reference to this above.

• unca_chuck said, on January 28, 2018 at 10:23 pm

Yeah, we kinda crossed wires as we posted shit. I hope they all go down. Disgusting.

38. unca_chuck said, on January 28, 2018 at 10:22 pm

I think ‘Capon’ was Twin’s best nickname in the sea of nicknames he doled out. Clubber being a close 2nd.

• Macdog said, on January 28, 2018 at 10:28 pm

I seem to remember Craig and Twin getting into it one time about nicknames, though not nearly as heated as these emails. Something about how Craig thought Twin gave out lousy nicknames to players. I always thought his “Pear Butt” for Posey was pretty funny.

• xoot said, on January 28, 2018 at 10:34 pm

oh, come on. On the splash we discussed the scouts’ criticism of Posey as “pear shaped” when he was drafted.

39. xoot said, on January 28, 2018 at 10:48 pm

While we’re remembering the past, I wonder, just in passing, does anyone else remember the babbler? Over the years, I developed the sense that he (my guess) lived on a sailboat in an East Bay marina. The babbler knew a lot about boats and sailing, and his (my guess) posts were terrific. Then he vanished. He usually gets credit as the first poster to refer to this blog as the flap.

• xoot said, on January 28, 2018 at 10:58 pm

As I recall, Twin liked the babbler.

• djloo27 said, on January 29, 2018 at 4:32 am

I think the babbler basically refused to transition over to here from the Splash. Wasn’t his avatar Curly from the 3 Stooges? His posts were usually short. He was funny but also had a nasty streak. That’s what I remember anyway…

40. snarkk said, on January 28, 2018 at 11:14 pm

I read quotes from Izzo when questioned about some rape allegation about at least one guy under his employ back in 2010-11. The guy suddenly disappeared afterwards. Izzo sounds like a dude into total stonewalling. Similar allegations about the football program now. Something really stinks at MSU…