“The Odious Snarkk” lqtm

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 29, 2018

Ok, that was a fun thread. Felt like I exorcised something. Or celebrated something. I dunno.

Now, back to baseball. Or more emails? I pulled like the *reverse Hillary* with those bad boys this weekend….

Anyway, there is nothing even remotely interesting about baseball going on right now.

But we needed a new thread.

And this is it…..

1. willedav said, on January 29, 2018 at 7:25 am

Powerful stuff from Mrs. MacDog. Btw what went down at Baylor, Oregon (b-ball players investigated for assault allowed to play in NCAA tourney) and countless others including Cal Berkeley star b-ball player who claims she was assaulted while there….on and on. Same old same old–victim has burden of proof, lackluster “investigations” of accused who are allowed to continue on scholarship and play ball.

I looked into things that happened at U of W football while Neuheisel was there as reported in Seattle Times, including stuff revolving around J Stevens, the husband of Hope Solo. This guy was involved in assaults while still in HS and continued to be investigated for other issues like drunk driving, even as a pro. The police and the school basically whitewashed everyone and everything.

• Flavor said, on January 29, 2018 at 7:42 am

i can see this unfolding before I can comprehend my daughter telling me her dr has assaulted her and I sit there and do nothing.

• snarkk said, on January 29, 2018 at 9:25 am

When you have US senate candidates accused of child molestation and other abuse of young women by almost a dozen women who don’t know each other, and the guy almost wins, not to mention a president who brags of assaulting women but still is supported by supposed religious leaders, then this kind of outrage gets put into context of a society with major issues…

2. blade3colorado said, on January 29, 2018 at 7:35 am

Does a barren farm system doom a team to mediocrity for years to come?

Fascinating take by this ESPN writer:

If he’s right, our wilderness years end in 2025 (probably begins in 2019 due to the FO delaying the inevitable this off-season).

• Flavor said, on January 29, 2018 at 7:41 am

relax. We’ll be fine, don’t worry so much.

• blade3colorado said, on January 29, 2018 at 7:51 am

Lol

• snarkk said, on January 29, 2018 at 8:46 am

A lot of blah blah research/metrics for what we already know. Get the trophy polish ready–Giants are in trouble over the next 5 years or so…

3. unca_chuck said, on January 29, 2018 at 7:57 am

Well, at least they cleaned out the people in charge of the farm. That is step one. If they nail this draft, stop-gap some more, sure they can remain competitive. Win it all? Very doubtful, but their intent at this point is to remain competitive.

• Lurker John said, on January 29, 2018 at 10:44 am

I agree. It was long overdue.

4. Winder said, on January 29, 2018 at 8:27 am

Age and durability issues have hit us hard the last few years. I still feel we have had some bad ju-ju since the Duffy trade. Some smart decisions on FA and draft picks can get us out of this hole in about two years if we are lucky.

• YogiBarrister (@Yogi47951368) said, on January 29, 2018 at 12:39 pm

The Duffy trade was a good one. Moore won a big game against the Dodgers to get them into the playoffs, should have been the WP against the Cubs. The even year blessing is still intact.

5. snarkk said, on January 29, 2018 at 8:39 am

Younger snarkette missed the ballet cut for the Julliard program. No surprise, she’s cool with it. Good experience. There’s 44 summer slots, and about 700-800 kids across the nation trying. A lot of the kids go through this rigamarole. She’s going to try out for a couple other programs. Onward…

• pawliekokonuts said, on January 29, 2018 at 8:55 am

email me privately if you think my daughter can share any advice, experience, caveats, suggestions, demurrals, confiteors, ad hominems et alia ad infinitum

• snarkk said, on January 29, 2018 at 9:18 am

Thanks, pawlie…

6. alleykat69 said, on January 29, 2018 at 8:53 am

Still don’t know why they didn’t get make a pitch for Keon Broxton instead of Action Jackson. Much better CF..

7. pawliekokonuts said, on January 29, 2018 at 8:56 am

Reverse Hillary. Good one.

8. pawliekokonuts said, on January 29, 2018 at 9:01 am

Regarding The Splash, I came here bc The Splash cited The Flap (with a link??) regarding a scoop that Bumgarner was being called up (or was it Posey??)

9. pawliekokonuts said, on January 29, 2018 at 9:02 am

…and then I quit The Splash and stayed here

10. unca_chuck said, on January 29, 2018 at 9:18 am

I don;t think the Chron provided a link. Musta been one of us . . .

11. pawliekokonuts said, on January 29, 2018 at 9:23 am

as I recall it was Sandawg, saw something in person? Magnus will remember.

12. unca_chuck said, on January 29, 2018 at 9:28 am

I wonder if that blogspot account is still out there

13. snarkk said, on January 29, 2018 at 9:57 am

Anybody have a line on what happened w Chris Heston? The guy came fe nowhere to be lights out firt half 2015, including no hitting Mets. Then crashed, and SF tossed him into the AL. Now he’s back as minor leaguer in SF fold looking like AAA roster filler material. Thoughts– did he just burn out his arm?…

14. djloo27 said, on January 29, 2018 at 11:10 am

I’d go 80% Celebration – 20% Exorcism
    Poor Twin…

15. djloo27 said, on January 29, 2018 at 11:49 am

When a child molester/pedophile/rapist is convicted the “narrative” seems to be that the person will be paid back in jail my fellow inmates and we all know what that means. I have my doubts about whether or not this fantasy of justice is carried out in real life…

• djloo27 said, on January 29, 2018 at 11:51 am

Especially in high profile cases…

• Macdog said, on January 29, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Part of what Judge Aquilina said to Nassar during sentencing certainly implied it:

“Our Constitution does not allow for cruel and unusual punishment. If it did … I would allow some or many people to do to him what he did to others.”

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on January 29, 2018 at 12:37 pm

As part of my college book learnin’ I worked in a couple of different prisons in central California. Child molester/pedophile/rapists were generally viewed lowest on the hierarchy of privileges and while they weren’t necessarily openly targeted they were the first to be assaulted and abused in various way during any opportune moment. They were often segregated in various ways to protect them.

16. YogiBarrister (@Yogi47951368) said, on January 29, 2018 at 12:35 pm

“This is going to be a deep lineup. It’s going to be a lineup that will be so much more productive than what we had last year. The pitchers have to love it, too, between catching the ball better and putting more runs on the board for them.”-Bruce Bochy

Just wait until they sign Bryce Harper

• djloo27 said, on January 29, 2018 at 12:46 pm

I’m sure that’s true, although it couldn’t possibly be much worse.
      The pitching is the much scarier issue to me.
      Starters 3 through 5 and the entire pen are extremely shaky at best…

• YogiBarrister (@Yogi47951368) said, on January 29, 2018 at 2:32 pm

It’s hard to gauge pitching in the JBE (Juiced Ball Era). I think Samardzija might flourish. You definitely don’t want to be walking people. Strikeout pitchers with good control tend to give up HRs, but there’ll be a lot of those anyway.
        Blach might adjust well, Stratton was pretty good. The bullpen should be better too. I’d love to see Julian “Wild Thing” Fernandez make the team.

17. sandog said, on January 29, 2018 at 2:12 pm

Wasn’t me who broke the Bumgarner coming up story. Ferret maybe? James will remember–we had a bit a couple of years ago remembering who it was. It was quite the scoop.
    I never posted at The Splash, but I did lurk there for a month or two—and that’s when I saw the link to The Flap as well.

Kills me Twin was considering asking for the computers back. That would have been something.

18. xoot said, on January 29, 2018 at 2:24 pm

Blanco’s back? Wtf

19. Macdog said, on January 29, 2018 at 2:24 pm

20. unca_chuck said, on January 29, 2018 at 2:39 pm

He threatened to come to my house and get it a few times, Dawg. I offered to send it to him on more than one occasion as well.

Blanco’s back? cool . . . I guess

chuckblanco

• djloo27 said, on January 29, 2018 at 2:49 pm

Love the Shark, but why? Would make more sense as a coach…

21. djloo27 said, on January 29, 2018 at 3:15 pm

Chief Wahoo has announced that 2018 will be his final season…

22. unca_chuck said, on January 29, 2018 at 4:59 pm

Blanco can be our bunting coach.

• snarkk said, on January 29, 2018 at 6:55 pm

Love it…

23. alleykat69 said, on January 29, 2018 at 6:23 pm

Booby has totally lost his mind!
    Blanco seriously?
    He Definitely shows no confidence in the other 3 stooges Mac/Parker/Slater who are atleast 5 years younger. But yeah he fits in with the mid 30 club. This OF will be just like Willie Mays last year in NY,hard to watch..

24. Flavor said, on January 29, 2018 at 6:24 pm

“the odious Snarkk”….that still has me ROTFL

• snarkk said, on January 29, 2018 at 7:02 pm

He had to mean that my character and qualities are like those of Odysseus…

25. snarkk said, on January 29, 2018 at 7:05 pm

Didn’t I predict here not too long ago, in a begging-please-gawd-No kind of way that Blanco was coming back? I think I did. If I didn’t post it here, I definitely thought there was a good shot of it when I saw he was a FA. Why not bring back Rajai, Darren Lewis, Sarge, Marvin Benard, Kenny Lofton, or even the Gamer and Velez and Torres? I hope they cut Blanco from ST early so that my suffering is short-lived…

• Flavor said, on January 29, 2018 at 7:13 pm

if you weren’t so odious maybe this signing might have a chance of working. As it is, you’ve basically torpedoed it with your odious ways….

• snarkk said, on January 29, 2018 at 7:17 pm

😉
        Maybe I should change my Flap moniker to Odious.
        But, that would improperly diss the snarkkdog and his gravatar. As long as he’s around, the gravatar stays…

26. Flavor said, on January 29, 2018 at 7:50 pm

ok. Last one. Probably. This one ties in our shackled buddy Stix and his issues with the new fangled technical world. . Boy, ol Stix had Twinner doing a slow burn over that computer…..this email is hilarious on many levels.
    Michael Scott
    1/11/14

to me
    Hi Craig,
    Stix is definitely pissing me off. You’ve probably heard most of this but he won one of the first PCs. He never got it going. I had FedEx pick it up. When it got here there was nothing wrong with it. I sent him a new one anyway. Same thing, he never got it going. I sent him money to return that one but he never cashed my check or returned it. I had told him I’d send him something he could handle. He’s been using an old iMac, the one that looks like 1950’s TV. I’ve mailed him many times and he always said he’d have a friend get it the new PC going. Finally a month or so ago I got him to return the second PC and I bought him a nice Apple laptop figuring he’d be comfortable with an Apple. It’s a real nice laptop. He got it more than a week ago. I’ve Emailed him twice about it and he just says it’s been cold , he’ll get around to hooking it up soon. Hooking it up? I got him the laptop because “hooking it up” means PLUG IT IN. Oh well.
    I‘ll probably get the itch to post more as the season gets closer and closer and I’m starting to feel Polly again. Right now I’m a little doomer-ish. Hope you and Katie had a nice holiday. Ours was nice and mellow. Monday Tabby is driving me to UCSF to the Epilepsy Center to see if we can do something about the seizures. Still no tumor recurrence though, 2 years now.
    My best,
    Michael

27. Flavor said, on January 29, 2018 at 7:54 pm

and my response:
    Flavor
    1/11/14

to Michael
    Jesus, you are a patient man. I do remember his first *win* but I didn’t know about all of the fall out afterwards. Your info jives with the forwarded emails I’ve seen from him. I believe him that he lives in the stix and he’s sent me some nice emails over the years. But there’s something weird about him.
    Happy as hell about your tumor-free streak!
    Craig

28. dirtnrocksnomo said, on January 29, 2018 at 7:58 pm

Haha, stix was probably busy peeling spuds for his mash recipe as Twin did a slow burn.

• Flavor said, on January 29, 2018 at 8:05 pm

also, like what did he want me to do about any of that? lol.

• unca_chuck said, on January 29, 2018 at 8:10 pm

Road trip!

• snarkk said, on January 29, 2018 at 8:12 pm

Or, drowning a set of double cut pork chops in some kind of backwoods cauldron of tomato sauce.
      BTW, what was the motivation to send guys a gifted PC, and then get all pissed off about whether they were using it right, or at all, and wanting it back?…

• Flavor said, on January 30, 2018 at 6:22 am

no doubt. You should see the email where he is livid that you didn’t respond immediately to some gift he sent you. Forget what it was, do you remember?

29. unca_chuck said, on January 29, 2018 at 8:06 pm

I was joking about Rajai Davis, but I’d prefer him in spades over Gregor.

• snarkk said, on January 29, 2018 at 8:13 pm

Over Blanco, I would prefer even Angela Davis…

• James said, on January 29, 2018 at 8:48 pm

Rajai got to make a lot more outs than Gregor, and hit a very cool HR. Other than that, they are kinda similar.

30. zumiee said, on January 29, 2018 at 8:15 pm

Good to hear Cleveland is going to get rid of their racist logo. Too bad they’re going to use it one more season. But social progress in MLB has always generally moved frustratingly slow.

• snarkk said, on January 29, 2018 at 8:33 pm

Delay likely because they must have an inventory of the logo stuff they need to offload. At premium prices, too — since the buyers know the team supply is now time limited before the goods end up on eBay at ever inflating prices…

• James said, on January 29, 2018 at 8:53 pm

They still plan to sell Wahoo merchandise even after 2018 per the news report I heard.

31. alleykat69 said, on January 29, 2018 at 8:43 pm

I have one of those Indian logo caps, I think it’s bitchin, and I’ll never be a Indian giver and give it up.

32. zumiee said, on January 29, 2018 at 8:52 pm

Pitchers and catchers report in about 17 days. Cool.

33. sandog said, on January 29, 2018 at 11:16 pm

Thanks for that retro thread Loo……there is some funny shit on there.
    And I still mainain we had bloggers named StixWiz, Stickman, AND Swickman.

• Flavor said, on January 30, 2018 at 6:23 am

we did but the first two you listed were the same dude.